As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hello [chat]

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    one punch man? why not multiple hugs man?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    one nice compliment man

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    fun brunch man

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    used panty guy

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Listen, I've been burned by anime before, that's all

But I'll give this Punching Man a shot

I cannot promise that I will ever call it anything but Punching Man, however

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    White After Labor Day Man

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »

It takes a lot of hugs to turn your enemy into a fine mist, red with blood.

But i'm sure an anime has done it at some point.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I gave One Punch Man a fair shake and just couldn't latch on to anything in it

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    used panty guy

Don't you try to normalize him, you sex pervert

• Options
    BSoB wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »

It takes a lot of hugs to turn your enemy into a fine mist, red with blood.

But i'm sure an anime has done it at some point.

Can confirm

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

If it helps, I am officially Retired from Anime but have watched exactly 2 on purpose in the last several years, due primarily to popular acclaim and long periods of downtime in my own life.

They were One-Punch Man and My Hero Academia. I regret neither, but if you are an anime skeptic I think One-Punch Man is the better choice.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

I'll say it's great because absolutely everyone in the show takes everything so dead seriously.

Except the one punch man.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    to be clear, tube is pharaoh and i am moses

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I gave One Punch Man a fair shake and just couldn't latch on to anything in it

you're plainly dead inside

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular

You need to take some western animation and apply it liberally to the affected area.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Auralynx wrote: »

If it helps, I am officially Retired from Anime but have watched exactly 2 on purpose in the last several years, due primarily to popular acclaim and long periods of downtime in my own life.

They were One-Punch Man and My Hero Academia. I regret neither, but if you are an anime skeptic I think One-Punch Man is the better choice.

I'll say it's great because absolutely everyone in the show takes everything so dead seriously.

Except the one punch man.

Both these endorsements help soothe my sense of injustice at the treatment I received from this clearly-biased court

I will watch some of this One Punch Man

Probably later today

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Okay, trying some different phone keyboards.

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

Now is the time for all good people to come to the aid of their country.

Hmm.

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    hey all, so a friend of mine just had their mom pass away. I am at a loss at what to say (or to say nothing at all) I was thinking about making brownies/ cupcakes / some kind of dessert to cheer her up. I am bringing it into work to hand off to her boyfriend. We aren't really close, but have hung out a few times (I know them from a friend of a friend)

Anyone have any other suggestions?

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    It's jumps bro

For the s

sig.gif
  • Options
    BeNarl, watch Fullmetal Alchemist

• Options
    BeN, load the jump program

• Options
    kedinik wrote: »

what kind of institutionalized cat doesn't fight back to a human-administered bath

I want to see proof of life

• Options
    B.N.Whale, watch Baccano!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    msmya wrote: »
    hey all, so a friend of mine just had their mom pass away. I am at a loss at what to say (or to say nothing at all) I was thinking about making brownies/ cupcakes / some kind of dessert to cheer her up. I am bringing it into work to hand off to her boyfriend. We aren't really close, but have hung out a few times (I know them from a friend of a friend)

Just saying you're there if she needs to talk is generally what I want in my time of sadness.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Oh crap, so @Zephiran posted this last night and you all need to see it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZY4ovo5hjM

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    B.N.Whale, watch Baccano!

no.

Baccano is bad, actually.

• Options
    Benars, watch yourself

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Apparently I picked a day to check out chat where my opinions may matter.

My mother died about four years ago and I basically turned off for a week and a half and didn't really do anything at all; That wasn't the case for my brother or father. My mom's siblings came through and my brother focused mainly on them; my father cleaned out every one of her possessions from the house and neatly disposed of them. That was how we dealt with it; reactions vary pretty widely. My suggestion is to definitely send food, be company if possible, but the main thing is to let your friend work through that on her terms and help where you're able.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    @BeNarwhal

If you want a good, grounded anime, check out Kaiji. i think it might resonate with you some.

• Options
    B.E.N., watch Aggretsuko

Everyone watch Aggretsuko

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Oh crap, so Zephiran posted this last night and you all need to see it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZY4ovo5hjM

Its better with the music. Sent to ladyjubs.

• Options
    BeNarwhal

If you want a good, grounded anime, check out Kaiji. i think it might resonate with you some.

Hmm ...

A 21stCentury suggestion DOES carry a lot of weight

I will have to investigate, thank you <3

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @jungleroomx

After evacuating for Hurricane Rose, when we (along with everyone else) returned to the Seabrook area...the only place open was a CiCis. It was so jammed that you had to bring something to put the pizza on for carry out because they were out of boxes. It was like some sort of mass crime against humanity.

• Options
    Benars, watch yourself

Shake my ass
    Watch myself
    Shake my ass
    Show me what I'm working with

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Reading David Wiggins and he is SO insufferable. He is the kind of writer who includes untranslated French phrases and thinks it’s reasonable to use the verb “excogitate.”

Also, in addition to the style, the argument itself is pompous and self satisfied (“I shall offer two considerations. Neither is a proof. Each points I hope at something the reader is already able to see.” BARF)

@Hedgethorn @LoserForHireX @ronya

• Options
    @Aioua

Duck it! I made a more efficient machine than yours in Opus Magnum for Waterproof Sealant.

This is probably the only time i'll beat your score.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Often just the knowing someone cares can help. So just let the boyfriend know to pass on that if they need anything you can help.

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    jungleroomx

After evacuating for Hurricane Rose, when we (along with everyone else) returned to the Seabrook area...the only place open was a CiCis. It was so jammed that you had to bring something to put the pizza on for carry out because they were out of boxes. It was like some sort of mass crime against humanity.

mrhzii52rozn.png

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I hate how much I poop when I don’t sleep
    And stress
    Stress shits

poo
This discussion has been closed.