As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Octopath Traveler for Nintendo Switch

1234568»

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    theSquid wrote: »
    I think I'm gonna have a hard time choosing between H'annit when I get her and Olberic who I'm currently using.

I think I'm locking in Primrose, Therion, and Alfyn for my main team. Maybe Cyrus over Alfyn but Not-Mix is just gonna be stupid good once I have a stockpile of materials.

Early game it doesn't matter but h'aanit's monsters don't scale for late game provoke so I keep olberic on the bench when adventuring and bring him out when prowling the docks to beat the shit out of old ladies and injured soldiers so I can break into their homes

It dependa. There are some late game beasts that are really really good.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    The West Gold Coast area I was using to grind up weaker characters jumped from danger level 23 to 31. Not sure if that's based on chapter completion or my own levels, but it suited me fine. Should bring H'aanit out there soon to capture a Sea Birdking, maybe a Scythe Crab.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Finally beat everyone's chapter 1s. Where do I go from here? Look up a guide for where all the subclass unlocks are?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    They’re all in areas near ch2 towns. Go exploring and look for the shrine symbol on the compas. Once you find the first one you’ll know what it looks like.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    I think I'm gonna have a hard time choosing between H'annit when I get her and Olberic who I'm currently using.

I think I'm locking in Primrose, Therion, and Alfyn for my main team. Maybe Cyrus over Alfyn but Not-Mix is just gonna be stupid good once I have a stockpile of materials.

Early game it doesn't matter but h'aanit's monsters don't scale for late game provoke so I keep olberic on the bench when adventuring and bring him out when prowling the docks to beat the shit out of old ladies and injured soldiers so I can break into their homes

Individual beasts don't scale (except Linde, I'm pretty sure). But later beasts have more power to them for sure. And then there's things like 4000 HP party heals and such you can grab.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    I like how the beast summon heals are called "grooming". Just imagine this giant sheep coming out and licking the party member's heads to make them feel better.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Individual beasts don't scale (except Linde, I'm pretty sure). But later beasts have more power to them for sure. And then there's things like 4000 HP party heals and such you can grab.

They're also stronger if you boost them. (that heal can get real big)

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

I'm at level 50 and Linde is still doing maybe 600 damage attacks maximum which is nothing. Late game beasts are awesome but I wouldn't waste them on duels.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Ah ha ha, Leghold Trap is so good against bosses. I was struggling against Cyrus' Chapter 2, but max traps, an armour upgrade and giving Ophilia the Apothecary job made a big difference. I also got H'aannit's final hunter passive (25% chance to get another turn) and hoo boy was it worth it.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Hah, the Dancer's Eye For An Eye passive can proc in Provoke battles so H'annit just outright breaks her own rules of engagement to shoot people. Kinda with EFAE would prioritize a weapon you know the enemy's weak against, since she was shooting that guard instead of using her spear she knew he was weak against.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Have played through the demo once with the scholar and merchant; it clicked for me very intuitively in a manner I haven't experienced with a JRPG since playing chrono trigger and ffvi.

Will most likely be dropping the $60 on it later this month... unless there's a chance it will go on sale later this year.

CptKemzik on
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Ah ha ha, Leghold Trap is so good against bosses. I was struggling against Cyrus' Chapter 2, but max traps, an armour upgrade and giving Ophilia the Apothecary job made a big difference. I also got H'aannit's final hunter passive (25% chance to get another turn) and hoo boy was it worth it.

Leghold Trap becomes a trap in itself on some of the later game bosses. When a boss starts being able to take 2-3 actions in a turn, you do not want them to have back-to-back(-to-back) turns of using AoE skills that wreck your party without a chance to heal between those actions.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Hmm, good to know. But for now, they will all sloweth down before me.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Man this game starts too slow. Working on getting the subclasses before I start the chapter 2s, but doing all 8 prologues started to drag on. Especially when they don't increase in difficulty after the 4th one.

And the game doesn't start opening up with decent tactical and party options until the hidden away subclass shrines are found.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Man this game starts too slow. Working on getting the subclasses before I start the chapter 2s, but doing all 8 prologues started to drag on. Especially when they don't increase in difficulty after the 4th one.

And the game doesn't start opening up with decent tactical and party options until the hidden away subclass shrines are found.

Really? Dancer's divine skill opens all sorts of silly.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Ultra endgame spoilers
    Galdera is a fucking BEAST mode fight. You need all eight characters split into two parties to fight him, and he will destroy you without adequate preparations. I was able to kill every boss in the rush before him in two turns, it took me four tries and a TON of time to actually take down the god of life and death.

Also, lore tidbitthat isn't spelled out but fits perfectly:
    Graham Crossford was Redeye.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    So this is apparently being released on steam in June. I'll actually get to play this game. im so excited!