As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everyone is playing [Hollow Knight]

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    edit
    re: Grey Mourner

I didn't, and I was wondering if that might be it. I was hoping it wasn't, mind.

Tamin on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    It's less of a hassle than it seems, as long as you clear out baddies first and don't accidentally sit at a bench on the way (I probably cleared everyone out and then habit jumped on the bench outside the Grey Mourner's two or three times)

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Yeah, its not necessary, but you can clear the entire path before picking up the flower. Then its all down to your platforming skills.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    I am consistently very bad at the platforming bits in the Gardens. It's good to know where it is, anyway.

Thanks for the help!

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Neveron wrote: »
    Godmaster stuff is in the ass-end of the sewer and requires a Simple Key to access. (The DLC also added a new Simple Key by the colosseum.)

Whoops! I used that key on the pleasure house!

Edit: I'm currently saving up 36k for the unbreakables

It's going to take forever

Don't worry, there's enough keys to open everything. You might be missing a somewhat hidden one down in the Ancient Basin?

• Options
    decided to give the Grey Mourner quest a go. Managed it after a dozen tries. Did not end up clearing the path first.

Also tried my hand at an Ascended fight. Cool, hard but fun. Let's try Radiant.

Radiant can die in a fire.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Godmaster stuff is in the ass-end of the sewer and requires a Simple Key to access. (The DLC also added a new Simple Key by the colosseum.)

I remember doing a grind loop in the city of tears, next to the King's Railway, of the big guys with swords and shields, all of the ladies around them, and then going into the Kingdom's Edge through the secret water tunnel, and killing a bunch of the hopper guys (small and big), and then sitting on a bench, and going through it the opposite direction. I think I did it in a couple of hours?

Also, I used Fragile Greed to increase the amount of Geo I got.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

Don't worry, there's enough keys to open everything. You might be missing a somewhat hidden one down in the Ancient Basin?

I got the purchased one, the pale lurker one, and one other one. I'll have to check the basin!

• Options
    never die wrote: »

I remember doing a grind loop in the city of tears, next to the King's Railway, of the big guys with swords and shields, all of the ladies around them, and then going into the Kingdom's Edge through the secret water tunnel, and killing a bunch of the hopper guys (small and big), and then sitting on a bench, and going through it the opposite direction. I think I did it in a couple of hours?

I ended up doing this little spot in city of tears where there's a bench off screen and directly inside the next screen are 3 foppish bugs and a sword guard. I can clear them 5 times in a minute for 360 geo a minute!

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Post-E3 update from Team Cherry

Yeah, that "Coming Soon" from Nintendo's Direct sounds very much like very wishful thinking. I'm starting to guess don't expect Silksong until 2021.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Bloodstained is out today

looks like I'll be taking a little break from Hollow Knight

which works out fine for me because I'm completely stuck in HK

• Options
    Turns out that bloodstained on the switch is a wet fart

So, hornet2 down, mantis lords down, and shade dash acquired!

Watcher knights and brooding mawlek inc.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I'm playing this game for the first time finally, wanted to stream it before the 2nd one came out

I went in totally blind other than what genre the game is, it rules. I just got the dash ability so I'm only a few hours in

update:

I beat broken vessel and tried lost kin for a good 40 min but it was just whoopin my ass, apparently a better combo of charms should help significantly and I missed an npc that sells charms and charm slots so I need to do that

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular

I ended up doing this little spot in city of tears where there's a bench off screen and directly inside the next screen are 3 foppish bugs and a sword guard. I can clear them 5 times in a minute for 360 geo a minute!

There's a good farm spot in the top of deepnest. You know those flying enemies that puke out more enemies? Well you use the bench there, go left for a few screens and just tackle one of those at a time, killing them after they completely empty themselves and you get rid of all the little guys. Then just crystal heart your way back to the bench and repeat.

With fragile greed you can get LOADS of Geo this way.

• Options
    Dys wrote: »

There's a good farm spot in the top of deepnest. You know those flying enemies that puke out more enemies? Well you use the bench there, go left for a few screens and just tackle one of those at a time, killing them after they completely empty themselves and you get rid of all the little guys. Then just crystal heart your way back to the bench and repeat.

With fragile greed you can get LOADS of Geo this way.

Good idea

I think I still need maybe 4k for unbreakable heart

I also took out nosk. Very easy fight.

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    They give it wings, later

• Options
    Finally got into the queen's garden, second Coliseum fight completed (in one try I might add!), and off to fight the collector. Once that's done, I'll get enough grubs to upgrade my nail for the last time and wrap this game up

It has been an absolute joy

• Options
    i beat the thing

then found out that I need to grind out like 1300 more essence to get the thing for the true ending

and decided nah

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    The actual gameplay sounds like nothing I'd enjoy, but this thread is making me want the story real bad :razz:

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Calica wrote: »
    The actual gameplay sounds like nothing I'd enjoy, but this thread is making me want the story real bad :razz:

The story is told the way I kinda wish the Dark Souls games were. It's still a lot of background and history, but a lot less obtuse.

• Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    i beat the thing

then found out that I need to grind out like 1300 more essence to get the thing for the true ending

and decided nah

You get that essence from just doing hard-mode refights of certain bosses and doing the Dream Warrior minibosses that are scattered around. They're fun!

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Garthor wrote: »
    i beat the thing

and decided nah

You get that essence from just doing hard-mode refights of certain bosses and doing the Dream Warrior minibosses that are scattered around. They're fun!

I just did the Dream Warriors fights, and it was enough.

• Options
    effing traitor lord is down

and it only took a million tries!

need 2 more dream warriors, 3 more grubs (including the damn one in queens gardens where you have to crystal heart above a ton of spikes =/)

• Options
    Garthor wrote: »
    i beat the thing

and decided nah

I'm aware of how you get them, and I didn't really care to go back for more after the fact

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Traitor Lord is one of those fights that can be neat because what you have to do is just watch his movements and be ready to evade each one.

And it’s one of those fights where you can’t be calm because he does DOUBLE DAMAGE.

• Options
    I'm on hive knight now

One more dream warrior and 3 more grubs

Got the lifeblood core.

After that I guess I'll grab salubras blessing and get started on grimm troupe!

I'm missing one charm notch from somewhere though as well as 2 mask shards and 2 ummmm mana orb pieces I guess they are

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    You get one charm notch from Grimm Troupe

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    You get one charm notch from Grimm Troupe

Oh that'd be it!

Down to one grub left and 1.5 charms left

Stupid final grub =/

I'm just not good enough

I also need to do the pale mourner quest. And get the awakened dream nail

This game has a LOT of content

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I never finished the pale mourner quest. That last mask shard will haunt me for the next five minutes.

The thing that always gets me is fungal wastes because those damn jellyfish respawn when you change screens so you can’t clear them out to make it reasonable to traverse.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Final grub gotten

0.5 charms left to get, 1200 essence to get, and last round of colleseaum (sp) of fools to complete.

I started the grimm troupe

This is going to be annoying =/

Edit: actually, I guess I'm done with this game

Took a look at the white palace and it just doesn't look fun. Not even a little bit. Ah well! Still a great game! Hopefully SilkSong will go a bit easier on the insane platforming.

Xaquin on
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Final grub gotten

0.5 charms left to get, 1200 essence to get, and last round of colleseaum (sp) of fools to complete.

Took a look at the white palace and it just doesn't look fun. Not even a little bit. Ah well! Still a great game! Hopefully SilkSong will go a bit easier on the insane platforming.

So I’m terrible, absolutely terrible at games

The bench placements in WP make it not so bad. Even with ~50 deaths (or more) to complete it...

• Options
    Final grub gotten

So I’m terrible, absolutely terrible at games

The bench placements in WP make it not so bad. Even with ~50 deaths (or more) to complete it...

I looked at a walkthrough and know I won't do it. It took me over 50 tries to get that final grub, and white palace is like that only about a hundred times worse.

• Options
    Was your last grub
    the garpede course with the spike hopping?

That one was actually waaaaay harder for me than White Palace

• Options
    Was your last grub

I don't remember that one, it was the one at the top of the queen's garden with the thorns all around

• Options
    Was your last grub

I don't remember that one, it was the one at the top of the queen's garden with the thorns all around

Wait shit that was a soul vessel

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    White Palace (not to be confused with the harder DLC path) is not that bad if you grab the hiveblood charm.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Also if you've been enjoying any part of the story/world so far, it's worth suffering through the palace for the conclusion.

QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    White Palace (not to be confused with the harder DLC path) is not that bad if you grab the hiveblood charm.

Also, Grubsong + Deep Focus isn't quite infinite healing, but it does give you about fifty tries before having to recharge somehow.

• Options
    you all seriously underestimate how bad I am at, and how much I hate, difficult platforming. That said, my son has shamed me into trying when I get home on tuesday, so who knows.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    One of the nail-extender charms (Mark of Pride or Longnail) can help you with doing pogo bounces.