As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This [chat] is arbitrarily significant

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    I dunno what happened. Redfin was showing me like 5-8 homes per day before.

But this past week it has been sending me 10-20 homes... twice a day... at least...

WHAT CHANGED?!

Redfin sucks? They hire the worst agents.
    On one hand they are kind of hit or miss when it comes to agents, on the other hand they have lower fees, and they pay their agents a salary as opposed to other brokers that charge their agents money for their license, and then take 50%-60% of the commission.

I don't know of any office that takes half a commission. Majority of them just have exorbitant desk fees. Like windermere downtown seattle was 2k+ a month. Usually lower fee offices are for established agents looking for cheaper dues, or for newbies who don't know any better. Redfin seems to attract newbie as fuck people.

Also seems weird they'd have fees and a salary, so they pay you to pay them? Unless you mean lower commissions offered to sellers? That usually means you are getting super lower quality of service.

@properties is huge here in Chicago and they draw in a ton of part-time agents looking to make a quick buck and take half the commission for entry level realtors

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Damn that scam hasn't found its way out west, probably on the way then. I see no reason to pay a desk fee and lose your commission. Unless the db is doing some like massive work on lead generation and assisting with sales you are just getting pantsed.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »
    Shivahn that is a thoughtful and helpful take! Thank you!

Also, you’re good people and let nothing in the record suggest I’ve thought a thing otherwise

Sometimes I worry that Shivahn is a mad scientist, but then I remember that credeiki exists and I'm not sure which one to worry about first

Cred always struck me less as a mad scientist as just a regular scientist under employment by a potential Bond Villain. Probably doesn't really want to destroy the world but it pays alright and it's a pain looking for new jobs.

that's exactly it, yes

I don't like doing research so I wouldn't be doing science if I had better options to get $$$

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    The best Dan Carlin thing for me though was his one on Cesar in Gaul. He used a lot of primary sources in it and its always fun hearing Cesar talk about his time in Gaul because you know it is 50% bullshit written for propaganda back in Rome. Yet it is written by the man himself. Much respect to the tyrant.

That was a great episode!

And yes, Roman propaganda being so blatant is always delicious - "The invincibility of the Roman Legion!", "They fled the field of battle, abandoning their women and children!", "I'm pretty sure those tribespeople eat babies!"

And then there are accounts from genuine writers from the time who are like "Hey these Germanic folk are pretty cool! I mean they sure do like to drink a lot, but they appear to function under almost like a pseudo-democracy, and treat their women with reverence and respect!"

Anti imperial propaganda detected

• navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Good agents are always available for showing when you need them and don't try to force a house on ya. They also move quickly as the market deems.

Bad agents flood you with homes you don't like and are often scarce for showing or slow to notice new houses and make offers.

All inspectors I've used or otherwise interact with have been very similar. Can't comment on that.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Roman history is so odd. There are so many tyrants.

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I thought all House sales were rigged because it’s in the agents best interest to sell it for lower faster than getting you a good sale

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    I lost my virginity in high school but I didn't have sex where I delivered a performance I'm proud of until like 3 weeks ago

A Magnum Opus for a Magnum Dong

I thought all House sales were rigged because it’s in the agents best interest to sell it for lower faster than getting you a good sale

Its not? Its in the agents best interest to get you the most money so their commission is higher. Hell it even benefits the buyers agent to get you to overpay...

House sales are rigged though, if you don't have a lot of money you're agent is showing you everett or tacoma and going "fuck you live here plebian."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Cred is almost certainly who I would be if I had pursued that astrophysics degree

Which is kind of a relief to contemplate as I always worry I would have become some meat apologist

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

n7vm5b6g6m2r.jpg

Agreed.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Its fascinating. It is one of my favorite parts to read about.

It is like you let engineers mixed with tyrants and generals build a society where everyone was a cog but at the same built one of the most efficient and greatest empires in the ancient world.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Going to kick this 3yr olds ass

She’s being a super butt

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    I get a frantic call today, please come to fuel right away it’s an emergency I called 911

I run out to fuel, a car’s gas tank has apparently disintegrated and fuel is gushing all over the ground. The fire department shows up. When my boss’ boss finally gets out there, he looks around disgustedly and asks the clerk who called if she knows how much this is going to cost the store. He then intensively quizzes her on the procedure for fuel spills and tries to figure out if she should have called. The fire department eyeballs the spill as about a gallon. We’re supposed to call at two gallons. He says all shittily, how long has it been since you had your fuel training?!

So I’m interjecting like dude she knows the number. But the training doesn’t show spills of various sizes, visually. If I were out here I would have called too. It was flowing at a fair rate, stop scaring the shit out of this woman

Gosh I fucking hate this jerb. My new primary job duty as far as I’m concerned is to make sure this woman doesn’t get in trouble. raaaaaaaage

To resolve this situation in the future, make sure you're always carrying an open flame

Show him the practical difference between one and two gallon spills near a fueling station

Bradwhal

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I was such a giant Roman history nerd in like, middle school? I remember going to the library where my dad asked me what I was looking for and I tersely said "Romans" and he thought I said "Romance" and he laughed

That embarrassing memory formed the psychological basis for my future ecoterrorism

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod

It's great. Watch as hard bitten generals and statesmen are succeeded by their awful, degenerate children who spend everything in the treasury and fuck horses.

History!

Lol meat apologist

I mean MRA apologist

She’s being a super butt

Be strong brother, be strong.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    The Great Courses Other Side of History: Everyday life in the ancient world was a fantastic audio book. Covers rome with many other ancient civs.

edited July 2018
    a

Its not? Its in the agents best interest to get you the most money so their commission is higher. Hell it even benefits the buyers agent to get you to overpay...

House sales are rigged though, if you don't have a lot of money you're agent is showing you everett or tacoma and going "fuck you live here plebian."

I think your view is being distorted by whatever craziness is going on in Seattle

If you can sell a house in 30 days for 10% less than what it's worth vs in 60 days for market price, it is definitely in your best interest to sell it faster. This is typical of the Chicago market and definitely been my experience with all the selling agents I interviewed

You can move twice as much inventory with only a 5-10% loss in the individual commissions!

Sir Landshark on
    Lol meat apologist

I mean MRA apologist

I was a meat apologist "I'm sorry that cows said that people from Thailand aren't really people, they are so delicious though, like damn beef maybe its the racism, but you are so tasty".

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    I lost my virginity in high school but I didn't have sex where I delivered a performance I'm proud of until like 3 weeks ago

A Magnum Opus for a Magnum Dong

Oh no no, don't misunderstand

It still wasn't good

I just didn't feel like I had done more harm than good for the first time

Lol meat apologist

I mean MRA apologist

I went with it, even though I was fairly certain you are a filthy meat apologist

I genuinely can't get this jar of salsa open

I feel like I have this fear of tearing my labrum because my dad did the same thing with a jar of pickles once

I also feel like I have several father complexes I haven't yet come to terms with

a

I think your view is being distorted by whatever craziness is going on in Seattle

If you can sell a house in 30 days for 10% less than what it's worth vs in 60 days for market price, it is definitely in your best interest to sell it faster. This is typical of the Chicago market and definitely been my experience with all the selling agents I interviewed

You can move twice as much inventory with only a 5-10% loss in the individual commissions!

Or chicago sucks. You know the more prominent theory in everything. TAKE THAT YOU PIE EATING CRETINS!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Finding a carpenter for a days worth of work is really fucken annoying.

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

She’s being a super butt

SUPLEX THEM

sig.gif
    edited July 2018
    Eddy wrote: »

I feel like I have this fear of tearing my labrum because my dad did the same thing with a jar of pickles once

I also feel like I have several father complexes I haven't yet come to terms with

You are stumbling upon them in quick succession here, at least

BeNarwhal on
    Bogart wrote: »

It's great. Watch as hard bitten generals and statesmen are succeeded by their awful, degenerate children who spend everything in the treasury and fuck horses.

History!
    John Adams wrote:
    I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. My sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history, naval architecture, navigation, commerce, and agriculture, in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, equine erotica, statuary, tapestry, and porcelain.

a
    a

Or chicago sucks. You know the more prominent theory in everything. TAKE THAT YOU PIE EATING CRETINS!

I have no rebuttal

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

Emasculated again by dads pickle. I know this story

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • SparvySparvy Registered User regular

The Young Man and the Jar

I think my meme would be Fry with shut up and take my money and add it to my backlog after 1 hour of play.

History!
    John Adams wrote:
    I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. My sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history, naval architecture, navigation, commerce, and agriculture, in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, equine erotica, statuary, tapestry, and porcelain.

equine erotica?

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    HerrCron wrote: »

She’s being a super butt

SUPLEX THEM

Wait I feel like this might backfire.

Like, child abuse aside, just in the logistics.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    Eddy just have a child and transfer all those problems to him (a boy, naturally), freeing yourself utterly

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am watching The Flash, from the first few episodes. It's endearingly happy stuff, generally. I would hesitate before calling it good, precisely, but it's nice.

Also Felicity Smoak that is not an appropriate dress for trivia night.

History!

Guaranteeing succession by competent governors: the problem no one has ever solved

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

it is rigged in that the only person with an incentive to lower the price is the buyer, but not even the buyer agent has that incentive

Allegedly a voice of reason.
This discussion has been closed.