Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Trailers: A Brief History

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Half-Life 3?!!!

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • AthenorAthenor Who needs lions when you have a battlecruiser? Registered User regular
    Half-Life 3?!!!

Hah. No, the Xen chapter of Black Mesa Source -- the HL1 fan remaster.

iLaXVZ7.png
    Official member of the Grilling Gentry

"Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited November 19
    Athenor wrote: »
    Half-Life 3?!!!

I know. I’m just continuing the running gag that every tiny morsel of Half-Life news is always confirmation for Half-Life 3.

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • AthenorAthenor Who needs lions when you have a battlecruiser? Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Half-Life 3?!!!

I know. I’m just continuing the running gag that every tiny morsel of Half-Life news is always confirmation for Half-Life 3.
    HL3 is dead for me. Valve realized they make a ton more money publishing games. And if that leaked idea for HL2ep3 is any indication, i'm kinda glad they ended the series before they ran out of ideas.

iLaXVZ7.png
    Official member of the Grilling Gentry

"Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    Doodmann
  • flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    It has been 11+ years since the last Half Life game. At this point, if they ever decide to revive the property at all, it's going to be a reboot or something completely different.

y59kydgzuja4.png
    Fencingsaxdispatch.oSorceLoisLane
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    My guess is they will make one when ray tracing and/or VR become ubiquitous enough.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Aquaman final trailer.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular

That Nickleback joke got me. So damn true :lol:

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    KanaElvenshaejimb213PailryderLoisLanecj iwakuraTNTrooperAegisshoeboxjeddy
  • tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Aquaman final trailer.

Nice and colorful at least!

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
    ShadowfireFencingsaxDark Raven XElvenshaeHarry DresdenSealBlackDragon480
  • MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular

For those of you who don't wander over to SE++, here's a trailer for Jon Bois's latest work coming soon: a five part documentary on MMA.

durandal4532ElvenshaeA Dabble Of TheloniusShadowfire
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Aquaman final trailer.

Nice and colorful at least!

I'll give DC this: they know how to put a trailer together.

Still, I'll wait for reviews...

Elvenshae
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    LEGO Movie 2

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    ElvenshaeTetraRayRhesus PositiveDark Raven XurahonkyChiselphaneHeatwaveRchanenshoeboxjeddy
  • SorceSorce Registered User regular
    edited November 21
    LEGO 2
    This is absolutely the brother and sister from the first movie playing "against" each other and that's wonderful.

Sorce on
    steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
    Dark Raven XElvenshaeDoctor DetroitDoodmannTetraRayChiselphaneplufimRchanenshoeboxjeddy
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    I'm probably the only person who hopes the stinger from the end of Justice League becomes a thing. It was a great teaser.

9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
    The Lion King teaser trailer

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    AbsalonSiska
  • CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Looks pretty beat-for-beat so far. Curious if they'll include any of the stuff from the Broadway show or stick to straight remake.

OneAngryPossum
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    It's kind of weird to me as an adult seeing a live action lion king.

Like, don't most of those animals know they're going to be hunted for food by those other animals?

Arch wrote: »

I never expected this burn from captain bushmeat
    It's kind of weird to me as an adult seeing a live action lion king.

Like, don't most of those animals know they're going to be hunted for food by those other animals?

"But I bow to the king, he won't hunt me."

• Anarchy Rules!Anarchy Rules! Registered User regular
    I'm just waiting for the live action hula dancing warthog and meerkat

RchanenN1tSt4lkerkimeShadowfireElvenshaeJayrichoSorceKruiteBobble
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    I don't understand why though. I looks good and Jungle Book was a good movie. But there are no humans in this movie, why would they need to make it live action?

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    It looks good and all, but I have a feeling it'll have the same problem as Beauty and the Beast: it's so note-for-note that you just want to watch the original instead. At least do stuff like Maleficient where it switches things up.

9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
    Youtube
  • Anarchy Rules!Anarchy Rules! Registered User regular
    If all the characters are computer generated on a computer generated background is it even, strictly speaking, live-action?

PreacherN1tSt4lkerRhesus PositiveHexmage-PASiliconStewkimeTetraRayShadowfireOneAngryPossumshoeboxjeddySorcehonovereFANTOMAS
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    If all the characters are computer generated on a computer generated background is it even, strictly speaking, live-action?

There is a good change they could put it up for an academy award for best animation if they felt like it.
    An animated feature film is defined as a motion picture with a running time of at least 70 minutes, in which movement and characters’ performances are created using a frame-by-frame technique. In addition, a significant number of the major characters must be animated, and animation must figure in no less than 75 percent of the picture’s running time.

• Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular

The animation blog Cartoon Brew posted an article recently that referred to Disney's insistence that this movie is live action as being disrespectful to all the animators working on it.

Friend Code: 1590-5696-7916
    Friend Safari Type: Rock
    CouscousOneAngryPossumDoodmannSorceLanlaorn
  • Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Personally I feel like Star Wars and the MCU might as well be considered animated films by this point, too.

Friend Code: 1590-5696-7916
    Friend Safari Type: Rock
    Youtube
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Artemis Fowl

Ultraman

After

Salvation

Absalonkime
  • TexiKenTexiKen West Texas Tit Registered User regular
    I watched that Artemis Fowl trailer twice trying to understand it but it comes across as trying to be just some bland YA hodgepodge that I call it an Art miss Foul.

I was sorta onboard with that Ultraman until they showed some fighting and the frame rate dropped into that Spiderverse/Dragon Prince fuck you we're saving money stuttering.

F8C3xPh.jpg
    Elvenshae
    Now this looks interesting with Aggretsuko potential: stop motion in the vein of Aardman mixed with what is basically a Sanrio competitor mascot? Not a lot here but props if it's real stop motion.

F8C3xPh.jpg
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    So is Ultraman the same as Gridman?

which is the same as Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad!

F8C3xPh.jpg
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I watched that Artemis Fowl trailer twice trying to understand it but it comes across as trying to be just some bland YA hodgepodge that I call it an Art miss Foul.

The trailer really isn't doing the concept justice. Artemis Fowl is meant to be about a insufferable boy genius who's a criminal mastermind who gets involved with supernatural entities, like fairies. He ends up befriending the equivalent of the fairy police department. Then shit gets crazy.

Doodmannkime
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    which is the same as Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad!

Ah yes, and that's gotten an anime reboot as SSSS Gridman which should be out on Netflix pretty soon, and everyone should check that out.

TexiKen
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

The trailer really isn't doing the concept justice. Artemis Fowl is meant to be about a insufferable boy genius who's a criminal mastermind who gets involved with supernatural entities, like fairies. He ends up befriending the equivalent of the fairy police department. Then shit gets crazy.

It's basically if you made a kid version of Marcone the lead protagonist of the Dresden Files.

You're not really supposed to trust or like him. I hope they don't fuck it up.

kimeHarry DresdenForar
    edited November 28

Young Justice

Shadowfire on
    PailryderLoisLane
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Total Goober Registered User regular
    Why was Uncle Iroh fighting superboy and Nightwing?

Youtube
  • TaramoorTaramoor Registered User regular
    Would the Blu-Ray Trailer for Venom go here?

Because, uh... they went for it.

Harry DresdenJayricho
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Would the Blu-Ray Trailer for Venom go here?

Because, uh... they went for it.

If only it were an unrated director's cut that actually made the movie good

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    SatanIsMyMotor
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular

kimeEtiowsaBobble
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

Was the first one any good? The trailer made it look really fun. And this one looks like it's kinda the same thing, but more... And I'm okay with that.

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited November 30
    Happy Death Day is a really fun film. The main character looks like the generic kind of girl you want to die in these kind of films but she becomes endearing. Only in the end does it really fall apart but the journey getting there is great, would recommend it. EDIT: I tell a lie, it does fall apart but they salvage it a little.

AlphaRomero on
    AlphagaiaLou29Hexmage-PAKetar