As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Trailers: A Brief History

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Looks like the Wick3 trailer got taken down.
    Video unavailable
    This video contains content from Tele München Fernseh GmbH + Co. Produktionsgesellschaft VOD, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

Anyone have a different link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7XM597XO94

and that's why trailer rehosting channels are the worst

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I hope this is Kingsman 2/Swordfish Halle Berry and not Die Another Day Halle Berry.

But yay for moer doges! And burn in hell if those doges are killed!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Awesome, thanks both of you.
    I just hope there's one mid level schmuck with enough of a sense of self preservation in this movie to take a look at their cell phone, say "Nope, not worth it." and go back to eating their burger while every one else in the scene is gearing up to get killed.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Awesome, thanks both of you.
    I just hope there's one mid level schmuck with enough of a sense of self preservation in this movie to take a look at their cell phone, say "Nope, not worth it." and go back to eating their burger while every one else in the scene is gearing up to get killed.

Or be thrilled that 85% of the people they have to compete against for jobs won't be around anymore.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Annnnnnnd blocked due to German copyright laws.

ED: Fuck yeah, BRON!

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    Catwoman with armor dogs FTW

JW1: Man kills dog. John kills man.
    JW2: Man kills house. John boards dog, kills man.
    JW3: John is homeless. Dog kills mans.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Catwoman with armor dogs FTW

JW1: Man kills dog. John kills man.
    JW2: Man kills house. John boards dog, kills man.
    JW3: John is homeless. Dog kills mans.

You forgot Woman inherits earth...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I hope this is Kingsman 2/Swordfish Halle Berry and not Die Another Day Halle Berry.

Die Another Day was terrible so I can't really blame Halle Berry for that. She's been terrible in several movies ("Same thing that happens to everything else"), but an awful lot of that is due to the directors.

What I'm trying to say is I have faith in this one.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    John Wick 3 HYYYPE!

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Seeing Marc Decascos in JW3, I want him to either wear his tricorn hat from Les Pact des Loup at some point an/or have a gun-fu battle with John Wick in Kitchen Stadium.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »

Die Another Day was terrible so I can't really blame Halle Berry for that. She's been terrible in several movies ("Same thing that happens to everything else"), but an awful lot of that is due to the directors.

What I'm trying to say is I have faith in this one.

Halle Berry has been an influential actress in films for years, she’s not a powerless actress who can’t say no. She may not be Tim Cruise but she have the power to shape her films behind the scenes like all manner of actors do once they rise up from nothing. She’s likely the cause of several issues with how Catwoman ended up. Same goes for Michael Fassbender.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    he wasn't in the trailer, but I am very excited that John Wick 3 has Jason Mantzoukas playing someone named "Tick Tock Man"

edit: oooh, also Asia Kate Dillon as "The Adjudicator"

I like to think everything about the role was improvised by Mantzoukas on the day of filming, including the character name.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    New Detective Pikachu trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3H88oLf5po

Well only the first 30 seconds are new.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Is there any new footage in that?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Is there any new footage in that?

The part with Snubbull and the fart joke.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    For fuck's sake, no, Make Easter Great Again is not funny

Coinage on
  • Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    I think when it’s used to mock the actual users of that phrase it’s fine. Also, they’ll probably get murderized.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    oh man that looks great. Season 1 was awesome.

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

The man saying, "Make Easter Great Again" is a child kidnapper, rapist and murderer. He is not a sympathetic character. He's the baddy.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    tbloxham wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »

The man saying, "Make Easter Great Again" is a child kidnapper, rapist and murderer. He is not a sympathetic character. He's the baddy.
    No fucking shit. That's why I said it's not funny, not that it's supporting Trump.

Coinage on
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I do like that the villain is just this complete soft looking guy hiding a wicked core against Sax who is rugged as wood with a soft spec of a core inside. That trailer looked amazing.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

For some reason I absolutely love that ballet pointe in the middle of the action at like 1:39. The inflection is so good!

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    I just love the evolution of the music in the Wick trailers. Like the character themselves they just get grander and grander.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

For some reason I absolutely love that ballet pointe in the middle of the action at like 1:39. The inflection is so good!

I've really come to appreciate ballet in trailers, based purely on how awesome it looks.

Like I still remember the half a second with all the ballerinas in the Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer

• Options
    https://youtu.be/EflGhkNvWPM

Man Jean Claude this movie looks like trash from trash bro.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

I can't decide if this is amazing or if it breaks my heart a little bit. Maybe both?

Revisiting something that against all odds became iconic? Odds they ruin it are definitely in the high 70s, low 80s percent.

• Options
    yeah leave that alone, and certainly don't revisit it for a shitty superbowl commercial.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    yeah leave that alone, and certainly don't revisit it for a shitty superbowl commercial.

unless Jeff Bridges is launching a new line of Cannabis products/bathrobes.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

unless Jeff Bridges is launching a new line of Cannabis products/bathrobes.

Maybe rugs?
    Something that will really tie a room together.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/EflGhkNvWPM

Man Jean Claude this movie looks like trash from trash bro.
    It's kinda weird that JCVD didn't have a single line in the entire trailer.

sig.gif
  • Options
    The Death and Life of John F. Donovan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63vgOHam-kg

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 6 teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trDSntuNMSU

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Man I haven't watched Shield since season 1 and it looks like that show just went balls out with the McU, which looks really fun.

I should get back into it.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Fast and Furious presents : Unnecessary Spinoff 1, hey there's jokes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SA7FaKxZVI

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    That looks terrible

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
This discussion has been closed.