As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Trailers: A Brief History

• RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFy8ZgLd574

I dunno about this.

Well, it can't be any worse than the last four Child's Play films.

The trailer kinda makes it look like Chucky's gonna be some kinda rogue AI or something, rather than a serial killer possessing a doll.

RT800 on
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    This just popped up in the list of included with Prime movies that Amazon recommends for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCi4JkToUj0

I don't know if I should be outraged, or if I should grab a bottle of bourbon and start watching. Probably both.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »

I dunno about this.

The trailer kinda makes it look like Chucky's gonna be some kinda rogue AI or something, rather than a serial killer possessing a doll.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about this

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »

For such a niche film it seems to be doing well for spinoffs. Wellington Paranormal was great.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Are they still planning to do We're Wolves?

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    *siiiiiigh*

Aladdin Sneak Peak:

https://youtu.be/6NqKrhmnVNY

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Still not feeling it. I'll take the original

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTjHiQKJUDY

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    The question is do they know it looks really bad, or do they think it doesn't matter?

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    lol right out of the gate it's a joke:

medGvYq.gif

that Genie is so shit fam

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    It looks weird, but Will Smith might be able to hit the charm.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    hrm. Jafar's voice sounds very... not menacing.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »

To be fair, he's pretending to be Aladdin's buddy at that point

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    kime wrote: »

To be fair, he's pretending to be Aladdin's buddy at that point

I think it's time to say goodbye to Prince A boo boo.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Disney's alladin because spring time for hitler would be a legit success.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    To be honest, it didn't look all that bad. Just not particularly good, and the original is close to my heart.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    everything looks sogreenscreened, it's just so weak, even Pink Ranger walking down those steps it looks like CGI fabric.

• DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    is it just me or did Jafar sound like a lady?

I showed that teaser to my five year old and she said unprovoked, “Is that Aladdin? Doesn’t look good.” And back to Lego building she went.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Fast and Furious presents : Unnecessary Spinoff 1, hey there's jokes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SA7FaKxZVI

I apreciate that the series had gotten to the level of wackiness that they're just adding superpowers, but I always figured they'd do it via specialized cars (I.E. This car can drive up walls, this car can turn invisible etc. etc.)

Undead Scottsman on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Priscilla Page he looks like someone faceswapped blue shrek and I cant stop seeing it

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    That Will Smith genie is a nightmare to behold. The whole trailer reminds me of those awful looking Journey movies with Brendan Fraser and the Rock.

Just... do new shit! You already have a massive hit with that film!

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Aladdin in the vein of Maleficient would be a movie I'd want to see: Jafar.

Hell, you can do this with any Disney film and it'd be interesting. Scar, Gaston, Taurus Bulba.

Well, the last one is a stretch. (And he simply died.)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Should have gotten Terry Crews to play the Genie

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Gaston staring Nathan fillon as an older washed up Gaston would be amazing

I saw a beauty and the beast play and the guy playing Gaston seemed like he was doing his best captain hammer abs it was great

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Gaston staring Nathan fillon as an older washed up French Revolutionary Gaston would be amazing

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Ok, Will Smith looks awful in that.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Hell, you can do this with any Disney film and it'd be interesting. Scar, Gaston, Taurus Bulba.

Ursula.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Ursula.

Just a side-plug, the board game Villainous is really fun. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    I’m probably way late to the game here, but why the hell would you hire Guy Ritchie to direct what should clearly feel like a Bollywood movie?

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    skeldare wrote: »

I dunno about this.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about this

Here's the thing - Child's Play should be a horror movie. The first two are genuinely good and scary for their time and the last two are actually pretty decent as well since they started moving away from the comedy side of things.

The Bride of/Seed of movies are cute and entertaining but they aren't particularly scary or good at all. They've also done the series the misfortune of saddling it with a whole shitload of pointless lore. It makes total sense to reboot Child's Play back to something more "core horror". IMO Tilley's take is actually pretty shitty.

I'd actually be fine with them having two Child's Play lines if they want. Keep one pure horror and they can continue with the more silly stuff in some other timeline. Similar to AvP.

edit: and having just read up on the situation there is still a Mancini-led movie coming along with a SyFy tv series on top of this new "remake".

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RWsI8BUkWc

I completely forgot about this fake trailer from 30 Rock but I would totally watch an ensemble parody of holiday romcoms starring Andy Samberg and Emma Stone

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019

And call it, say, Twisted?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-77cUxba-aA

AkimboEG on
    Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    A Danny Boyle movie about a guy who becomes the only person alive who remembers The Beatles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD6FDkUXSZQ

It's an original premise, I'll give it that.

y59kydgzuja4.png
    It's an interesting premise but I have no faith in it as presented there. Hell, Hot Tub Time Machine 2 ran with the idea as a side joke and that's about the most you can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqmU4IUjapk

• BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    You know sometimes I get bristly at the fact that the Jafar of history, and initial fictionalized version of him from the various Tales of 1,001 Nights, was one of the most famously benevolent and generous human beings in the Arab world at the time, and for some reason the west just really keyed into this completely opposite interpretation of the character who is this slimy manipulative villain guy.

But then the Jafar in Disney's Aladdin is such a great villain that it's hard to stay annoyed at it.

Shit, maybe the tension between the two ideas would actually make for an interesting Maleficent-style flick from his perspective.

• RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    I was just wondering how many Disney movies are based on actual historical people and events.

The only one I could think of was Pocahontas. Which is kinda what makes its Disney-fication so cringe-worthy.

I mean they butchered the shit out of Hercules as well, but at least Hercules was never an actual person.

• SealSeal Registered User regular
    I was just wondering how many Disney movies are based on actual historical people and events.

The only one I could think of was Pocahontas. Which is kinda what makes its Disney-fication so cringe-worthy.

I mean they butchered the shit out of Hercules as well, but at least Hercules was never an actual person.
    Maybe there was a dude named Hercules who was real strong and got the ball rolling?

This discussion has been closed.