As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Trailers: A Brief History

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    If Peninsula has the army as competent, as shown at the end of Train to Busan, I might check it out. Otherwise eh, it feels like the zombies will have plot armor to be whatever they want because it doesn't matter, zombie movie!

Korea, I know you're about to shit the bed with so many Parasite knockoffs, but remake another spaghetti western plz. And let Weki Meki win #1.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6P3nI6VnlY

Chris Hemsworth going full action hero and I'm here for it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Yep, yeah, definitely watching that day one.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    Also the Russo bros. Definitely has my attention.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    That is one yellow movie

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Captain Australia: Summer Soldier

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Nobeard wrote: »
    Also the Russo bros. Definitely has my attention.

And David Harbour! Looks like a smaller part though.

• Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    Uh, spoiler at 2:32?

• Options
    southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »
    Is adventure time worth chasing down and watching through?

Are there watch guides for the more canon episodes?

Yes. It starts out fairly disjointed, but finds a fairly cohesive plot along the way, and finishes on a really high note.
    One of the best animated series out there in my opinion.

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Adventure time is a show that is ostensibly for kids but it feels directly aimed at twentysomethings. Particularly twentysomething guys, but a lot of the ladies I know are fans of the show as well.

When the show first came out I was like "wow, this kid's show is super great actually!" and now that I'm in my thirties and have actually been rewatching it with the wife, it's much easier to see why I liked it at the time.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Also around season 6 the Showrunner changes and the show starts to go off the metaphysical rails. Like shit is getting way weird in some episodes.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I mean, I certainly appreciate what Adventure Time does and I've enjoyed a lot of it, but there's something about the show that leaves me a bit cold. Damned if I can put my finger on it, though.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    The only way Extraction works is if a) the kid dies in the first 15 and it's just murderthon from there on out, or b) Hemworth dies in the first 15 and it's the kid doing the murderthon from there on out. Who gives a shit about the grizzled merc who lost his kid and is now going to save his soul by saving some other person's kid? Holy shit, take it away Sideshow Bob.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/0d8bfb08-d343-4914-bc9e-25e9b8baaacc

Nosf on
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    They already made Man on Fire

• Options
    Its not looking to reinvent the wheel, but I do like the concept that the kid is innocent probably, the family isn't, so its like rescuing him is dooming him

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Its not looking to reinvent the wheel, but I do like the concept that the kid is innocent probably, the family isn't, so its like rescuing him is dooming him

Originality is highly overrated.

• Options
    Nobeard wrote: »

Originality is highly overrated.

Right. It doesn't need to be an original concept to be a great time. Nothing about the Has Fallen movies are unique, but they are great.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Saved by the Bell reboot trailer first look whatever it breaks my heart, feels more like someone trying to poorly copy Community (hey look Professor Whitman):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzom8cQcrPM

hlxTacb.png

• Options
    Not going to watch the trailer just noping out on the idea in general. Nopity fucking nope nope sauce.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I watched the trailer.

And now I have the image of an adult Slater, working as a high school gym teacher in his own high school talking to two students about how he hooked up with both their moms at the same high school.

I regret watching it now.
    There are some stains that will never wash out.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Angels of Death

Warhammer 40K movie bout the Blood Angels v BEEEEEEEEEEEESSS

https://youtu.be/ijg-4YBK_qs

I'm stoked, it reminds me of that fan film of Helsreach but with a bit of a budget

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    I just wish the art work was a tad better. I mean not everything can look as good as Astartes, but one can hope.
    https://youtu.be/2bko5GgK5v8

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    I watched the trailer.

And now I have the image of an adult Slater, working as a high school gym teacher in his own high school talking to two students about how he hooked up with both their moms at the same high school.

I have zero interest in this entire idea and only watched to see the part you mention here. It got a chuckle out of me.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

That's basically the plot of the Dolph Lundgren The Punisher.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

I skipped past the post you were quoting and thought this was still about Slater banging students' mums in high school

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    I watched the trailer.

I have zero interest in this entire idea and only watched to see the part you mention here. It got a chuckle out of me.

My only thought was “wow the lookalike they got to play slaters kid looks a lot like slater... wait why is he the gym teacher... goddamn that is not fair”

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular

I skipped past the post you were quoting and thought this was still about Slater banging students' mums in high school

2owQ1eH.jpg

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular

Look, when you get the Punisher after you, he goes all the way to make sure his punishment sticks.

...wow, I really hate that sentence.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    No one needs to know the Punisher's fuckstyle.

sig.gif
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    No one needs to know the Punisher's fuckstyle.

I think we all know how The Punisher fucks.
    You think he drives around in a creepy windowless van all day for no reason?

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    The Punisher is a giving, tender lover who often tears up with emotion after orgasm.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular

Look, when you get the Punisher after you, he goes all the way to make sure his punishment sticks.

...wow, I really hate that sentence.
    ds4a8gt8qac2.jpeg

• Options
    SEE I TOLD YOU!

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Maria is a gun, guys

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    It's amazing to me how well animated the original Looney Tunes shorts were, and it's really made obvious whenever you see new cartoons made emulating the same style.

That being said, this new one looks like it might be worth a look.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    But why are Bugs Bunny's gloves yellow?

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    But why are Bugs Bunny's gloves yellow?

He's got that HBO money.

• Options
    That does not look funny to me, like at all. But I'm an old, so maybe it will be good.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Looks alright, once you see the yello gloves tho, that's all you can see. Why? Why did they do that?

This discussion has been closed.