As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken Drops Today!

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    How Communication Works On Console (PS4 Edition):

1. 8-Person Console-level "party chat" to which players are invited (but obviously, can be declined; also, many NAT errors)
    2. Opt-in "fireteam" chat, to which almost no one in existence has ever opted in.
    3. Sending text messages, but who the fuck owns a keyboard-attachment for their controller?

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    And @shryke , it really isn't a big deal in the end, you are right. We are just trying to point out that there are certain assumptions due to the way PC works and groups form that you can't use on console. Like a great many other things between two.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    squall99x wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Bizazedo wrote: »

It won't do that unless you all go at once. As long as one fireteam member is not porting, the rest will remain in that instance.
    His main point, though, is that there's little to no communication a lot of times between fireteam members. They might not know the others are doing it. We know if there's an anchor, we're good.

Are y'all not even talking to others during EP? All EPs are done via voice chat on PC so ya just tell the anchors (ie - fireteam leads) not to port or something, everyone else does, then the anchors do it if they feel like it and you are all done.

Most of the time you only need like half the team to wipe it's stacks anyway, since 5-6 people is more then enough to keep shit going while the rest clear stacks whatever way they want to.

Either way, there is no risk of losing the instance as long as one person doesn't port. Which is what I was originally suggesting and what I was clarifying.

There is no easy way to invite random people into a party chat on PS4. You would have to send them a friend request first, have them accept it then select them to add them to party for this one time thing going on. Also going out to the menu the several times it takes to do that process. When you do EP on PC do you manage to get everyone into discord that you randomly meet? This could be made easier by having text chat (if that even applies) but it isn't an option on console.

That's literally how it's done.

Get on a LFG site or discord.
    Find a group. (like composed of 3 people who switched to EU servers and logged in a bunch till they got into the same instance)
    Join the voice channel for that group.
    Log out of Battle.net and then switch over to EU and log back in.
    Ask the chat which anchor you are joining.
    Add said anchor as a Battle.net friend.
    Switch Destiny over to EU servers and log in.
    Join your anchors group.
    Run EP while coordinating everything over voice coms.

My Battle.net friends list is littered with random players from Destiny and other Blizzard games because of this shit.

But like, literally everyone is on voice chat. How else are you arranging anything when you are all in separate fireteams? How are you coordinating anything, especially boss resets, without communication? How do you even know if anyone wants to reset the boss without communication?

shryke on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Shryke you do know people can have experiences contrary to you own? Lots of folks on console play with no mic, it happens. Those players usually are able to listen but often can't respond due to crying babies, business calls, etc

• LuarithaeLuarithae Registered User regular
    We most likely need one more person for Saturday Prestige Run http://www.the100.io/game/1178837

@Huggles is still signed up but he mentioned he most likely couldn't do it, so if someone could be his back up, we would trully appreciate it.

Also, think about it, you most likely need prestige leviathan for Solstice stuff

tenor.gif?itemid=3824064

They are dead...you..are..not...
    @Luarithae — I'd help y'all out, but I dunno if I'll have proper internets set up at my new place by then.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Last time I didnt feel like talking in groupchat with some randoms for EP, I wrote that my baby was sleeping, I dont have a baby but everyone was surprisingly cool with it, I then heard the thickest australian accent say “Siri... Ahleece? could ya send a group invite, thanks mate you are a fucking star”

Sirialis on
    metaghost wrote: »
    @Luarithae — I'd help y'all out, but I dunno if I'll have proper internets set up at my new place by then.

No worries <3, thought if it comes to that I will send party invite if I see you on :P

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Not sure if folks saw yesterday, but Bungie updated their dev roadmap.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47048

This shows that weapon slot changes, vault increase, and shader deletion are all coming the week before Forsaken, and coming for everyone.

So you'll have a bit of time to playthrough those changes before deciding if you want to buy Forsaken. Neat!

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    PS4 party experience sounds horrendous.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    3. Sending text messages, but who the fuck owns a keyboard-attachment for their controller?
    "Cheating" Crucible bastards who also use a mouse, obviously.

Hah.
    Elki wrote: »
    EP can go up to 9 people. If you do get everyone into party chat, it maxes at 8. Yay!

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).

It's definitely the weakest aspect of the PS4, such that my raid group briefly intended to just get everyone on Discord, but we quickly determined not enough of us were near a PC while playing.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    It's a lot easier on Xbox, you can inspect randos in the Patrol, view their gamercard, and invite them to your Xbox party

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

It's definitely the weakest aspect of the PS4, such that my raid group briefly intended to just get everyone on Discord, but we quickly determined not enough of us were near a PC while playing.

I mean, Discord has a phone app. Can it do voice chat over it? Hmm...

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

You can do that, that's how I played Sea of Thieves with PC people.

smCQ5WE.jpg

Probably but having to use a separate device (even if it is my phone) isn't terribly desirable to me and probably a bunch of other people. It's a little different on a PC where you can have discord up on one monitor (or *Shudder* tab to it) while still operating the game in another.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular

It's great for maintaining standing parties, group chat, text chains, etc for an existing community of people (ie our main raid group).

It is poop from a butt for trying to join up and coordinate with people in game or otherwise not already on your friends list.

edited July 2018
    Shryke you do know people can have experiences contrary to you own? Lots of folks on console play with no mic, it happens. Those players usually are able to listen but often can't respond due to crying babies, business calls, etc

Not sure what you think this has to do with anything other then being a goose with the same old thing. Like, the comment was that you would have to go through the effort of adding people to your friends list and the annoyance of doing so and I'm there with you. I'm saying this is exactly how it's done on PC. And I'm asking what people are doing on console instead. Getting a 9-man EP together requires some level of communication and I don't know what y'all are using to do it unless it's all mimed via the emote system somehow. So I'm asking what that is if it's not voice chat.

This shit is a bunch of hoop jumping on PC and the general setup of consoles seemed like it would make it easier.

shryke on
    squall99x wrote: »

Probably but having to use a separate device (even if it is my phone) isn't terribly desirable to me and probably a bunch of other people. It's a little different on a PC where you can have discord up on one monitor (or *Shudder* tab to it) while still operating the game in another.

I sit running the game on my gaming PC while discord runs on a broken down old laptop connected to a TV cause the screen is broken next to me.

I actually like it better then both on the same machine cause you never have to fuck around with alt-tabbing to get shit done.

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I assume season 3 ends with forsaken release? Or is it going to end the week before with weapon slot changes?

616610-1.png
  • El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I believe Solstice of Heroes ends August 28th. My guess is season 3 ends with it.

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
    El Mucho wrote: »
    I believe Solstice of Heroes ends August 28th. My guess is season 3 ends with it.

Yup for Solstice, https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46969 I don't see a hard date for s3 but if it ended there, there would be a week between s3 and forsaken I htink

• jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Finally, bulk shader deletion.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018

Not sure what you think this has to do with anything other then being a goose with the same old thing. Like, the comment was that you would have to go through the effort of adding people to your friends list and the annoyance of doing so and I'm there with you. I'm saying this is exactly how it's done on PC. And I'm asking what people are doing on console instead. Getting a 9-man EP together requires some level of communication and I don't know what y'all are using to do it unless it's all mimed via the emote system somehow. So I'm asking what that is if it's not voice chat.

This shit is a bunch of hoop jumping on PC and the general setup of consoles seemed like it would make it easier.

Its pretty amazing you've never heard of private text messages. I use that much more often in setting up EP groups than voice chat.

ObiFett on

I'm saying there's a myriad of reasons someone couldn't or chose not to be in voice chat. You insisting you absolutely have to have voice comms is just wrong, even if it is challenging it can be done. Saying literally everyone is on voice chat is your experience but not everyone's. Text messages suffice when one cannot talk.

I would say just work on your phrasing because it sounds like you can't fathom someone doing EP mic-less but people do quite often. Some people might not have the ability to speak but still would like to participate.

• El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    New weapons details in spoiler just to be on the safe side:

All of these look bonkers

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
    Other than Ace of Spades, those all indicate a move towards exotics that do possibly game-breaking things and I support that.

• jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Wait so Ace of Spades has Kill Clip? I hope the extra damage is more significant than that.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited July 2018

Clearly the most important thing is the warlock armour at the 1:10 minute mark. Also D1 fans might recognize that titan helm at the very end...

Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
    Other than Ace of Spades, those all indicate a move towards exotics that do possibly game-breaking things and I support that.

Ace of Spades looks like its a toned down less random Hawkmoon now. You just have to set it up with a kill.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
    edited July 2018
    ObiFett wrote: »

Its pretty amazing you've never heard of private text messages. I use that much more often in setting up EP groups than voice chat.

I think it's hilarious you say this when literally the first post on this page is:

1. 8-Person Console-level "party chat" to which players are invited (but obviously, can be declined; also, many NAT errors)
    2. Opt-in "fireteam" chat, to which almost no one in existence has ever opted in.

I mean, I've heard of them. People are just saying they don't use them. Right in this thread. In direct response to this discussion. Now if you are saying that's not true, sure. I guess people disagree on that issue. But that's different from what people were already saying here on this exact subject so why are you confused about where the idea came from?

shryke on
    I think he was joking, you can text message without a keyboard it's just very cumbersome

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I use text messages with randoms.

Like, all the time if I need to interact with them, which mainly would be for setting up EP.

Sirialis on
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Chromatic Fire's "elemental explosions from kinetic precision kills" perk is actually something that was happening randomly for me while running solo stuff during Faction Rally. I thought I was going crazy, but maybe there's a bug and the perk got applied to something early?

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    ObiFett wrote: »

I think it's hilarious you say this when literally the first post on this page is:

I mean, I've heard of them. People are just saying they don't use them. Right in this thread. In direct response to this discussion. Now if you are saying that's not true, sure. I guess people disagree on that issue. But that's different from what people were already saying here on this exact subject so why are you confused about where the idea came from?

If you are using that post as the reason for leaving out private text messages in your possible communication options, then why are you continuing to harp on about everyone obviously using voice chat when the same post also disregarded that?

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited July 2018

You misunderstand why that was put there. It was in reference to your saying "Just communicate when you're leaving", not that they're never used.

It's not saying they're never used (the EP we set up on Sunday was done primarily via messaging on PSN), it's saying it's not ideal and once the group is set up, it's not like the event requires communication and communication can pretty much cease without a hitch.

You're confusing and combining people explaining to you why they'd just jump off the bridge / jump off the edge of the map instead of fast traveling with "never using it ever".

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Yeah, nobody but sweaty nerds have keyboards hooked up to their consoles :pop:

Basically comes down to sending text messages to people in the shortest way possible (like "EP?" which is usually responded to by "Y"), or using emotes in specific ways to make your intentions clear (such as awaken the warming on top of an EP node, or "I want a fireteam" spam at the zone spawn)

PSN: Holy-Promethium

I am so freaking hyped for Forsaken. It looks like they brought back the power fantasy and fun to this game I love so much.

Fire telesto? Interesting.

Firing shit on the things that explodes is the best part of Telesto.

I can see Booker using those reflective Titan boots to great effect

This discussion has been closed.