As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Forsaken Drops Today!

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Reddit claims the soft cap is 500.

It looks like public events and lost sectors in the DMZ drop gear at some weird level that's not your current level? I'm 430something and was getting drops in the mid-high 300's all over Earth.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I don't think the soft cap is 500. I have a 503 hand cannon, and it's required level is 43.

AspectVoid on
    PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

It looks like public events and lost sectors in the DMZ drop gear at some weird level that's not your current level? I'm 430something and was getting drops in the mid-high 300's all over Earth.

That'd be weird. I got 2 503 things from crucible rank, at 41 (43 req). It was waaaay above anything else I had. But if that's the soft cap, the 500-600 trek is going to be a hell of a grind.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I'm confused how to purchase this, I can only find the 100 Aussie dollar legendary edition. How do you buy the expansion by itself?

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Took a bow into a quickplay match for shits and giggles before logging for dinner.

Went 2.22 and was top of the boards till a bad run near the end.

Dunno if that bow is a good example of how they play, but it was very good.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Is there any way to offload excess glimmer for mats right now?

• Options

I've yet to get anything above 370 from any pre-Forsaken activity (on planets at least) reward. PE's, patrols, etc.

Enemies can drop my "correct" power level, for some reason; just not activities.

I'm not sure if that changes at 50? or maybe after the Forsaken campaign?

I hope that isn't just the way it is though. It'd make "two tokens and a blue" feel generous. :rotate:

• Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Is there any way to offload excess glimmer for mats right now?

The Spider sells mats and shards.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    These past four years have been something, Pax Arcadia. I'll see you around.

Wait, you didn't get the expansion?
    Nope. I think I've mentioned that in here once or twice?

no shit? you're like the most active dude in the xbox clan. what made you decided to be done?
    also this thread moves very fast
    I far prefer the longer times to kill in PvP, and I don't like grind. I tolerated sub-second TTKs and random rolls and general grind in D1, but after getting year 1 D2 I don't feel like going back to that. On to of that there's some stuff I should probably start working on IRL so I could probably use one less game that wants to eat my life.

RIP in pepperoni Team Oddly Angled Lego, we were like the Three Amigos but not as friendly--or competent.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Nolan does an admirable job, some moments sounded quite like the real deal

I found in general his voice to be a slightly higher pitch than Fillion though

Yeah, it's definitely off. He's doing his best and it's genuinely a really good job but he can't quite nail it. I don't blame him. I'm frankly really impressed. But it's just really weird in a lot of the scenes because it's just not quite right.

I think though the parts where he does nail it, where it really does work, are the really big scenes so it's solid overall. When it really matters it works so overall I'm alright with it. A bit sad Fillion couldn't be around for the big sendoff.

shryke on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    wtf, i just saw a level 50 walking around?!

also i just got this clan drop
    mjmt1w1ycgcm.png

uhhh thanks. i'm level 30 still!

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    So about the new Super mission...
    I assume they're all the same regardless of class since you just get the spark thing and pick what to apply it to.

What is up with the Traveler (I assume that's who was speaking?) saying, approximately, "You may be kings and queens of the Deep but you toppled Oryx and did not replace him."

The rest of the lines seemed fitting for the Traveler (Light is everywhere, humanity must be protected, etc) but that one really jumped out at me.

Edit:

Nice. I guess clan engrams are back to being powerful rewards. Or was that your clan XP reward?
    Wing Discipline is, I believe, the new Crucible set.

CptHamilton on
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    So if you had any Clan rewards on Suraya that hadn’t been claimed, they’re gone.

Not autodecrypted and in the postmaster, but just gone. I must have had ... jeez, I’m gonna guess at LEAST 10 of them, and all she had for me this evening was the new Clan reward (level 43 Better Devils with Triple Tap and Hipfire of all things).

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    So about the new Super mission...
    I assume they're all the same regardless of class since you just get the spark thing and pick what to apply it to.

What is up with the Traveler (I assume that's who was speaking?) saying, approximately, "You may be kings and queens of the Deep but you toppled Oryx and did not replace him."

The rest of the lines seemed fitting for the Traveler (Light is everywhere, humanity must be protected, etc) but that one really jumped out at me.

Edit:

Nice. I guess clan engrams are back to being powerful rewards. Or was that your clan XP reward?
    Wing Discipline is, I believe, the new Crucible set.
    Pretty sure they are all quote of things previously said in destiny. The first is when Ghaul ask the Speaker what makes a guardian. I forget what the 2nd was, but that last one is a Toland quote.

"You fools! You disastrous, bumbling squanderers! It's not right! Who now shall be First Navigator, Lord of Shapes, harrowed god, Taken King? Not you! You might have been Kings and Queens of the Deep! But you have toppled Oryx and you have not replaced him!

There must be a strongest one. It is the architecture of these spaces.

Why are you leaving? "

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I love the new striker super.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Well, that’s the campaign done. What a hell of a ride that was. Also managed to juuuust hit 50 before logging as well. Went back to the tower and hooooly shit there is so much to do. Like, easily 20x as much daily/weekly to get done, and that’s just one character. Long gone are the days of wrapping all your milestones up in a single day across three characters. I won’t spoil anything, but I will say there are at least a handful of powerful daily rewards, though not nearly as many as weekly.

I am so excited to sink my teeth into the post-game lvl 50 side of things, which is the first time I’ve been able to say that regarding Destiny 2.

Edit: Also, Shaxx gave me a Better Devils with rangefinder and zen moment. My fears about random rolls have been assuaged.

Konphujun on
    Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    That sounds awesome, Kon. I've been impressed with how much more stuff there is to do, and I haven't even finished the campaign yet.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I'm having a hard time using a weapon that isn't a bow. We'll see how that goes in harder PvE content, but they're basically railguns skinned as bows. Deeply satisfying and very strong.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    What's the soft level cap?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Hmm. The collections, triumphs and big vault, are things that make me say that I will give Destiny 2(.5) a proper go... starting with finishing the previous two DLC campaigns. :pop:

Though their insistence on punching out (claiming) things you completed in the triumphs is annoying. I think that's how I lost out on the first shirt. did the thing but didn't click it off or whatever, but eh. new beginnings.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »

43 is the last level gate for using weapons/armor that I’ve seen so far, 500 light is definitely the soft cap once you’re lvl 50.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    So I think I heard a while back that Seth Dickinson is back? Or at least was back temporarily? Because he absolutely wrote the card "Refusal" in the Awoken of the Reef section and ain't nobody gonna convince me different.

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Having a blast playing through the story in a group. Bow are just aces and the new Warlock arc super is absolutely ridiculous. The 400 strike with a the trains and a surprise return of an old NPC was a blast. Brought back good and bad memories of the dozens of hours spent in a D1 raid.

For any other PC users that run 144fps+ and/or with G-Sync or Freesync I seem to have solved my stuttering and broccoli crashes by limiting my frame rate. I'm experimenting to see how high I can go until I start crashing every 15 minutes, but I think I'm up to 120fps cap without crashing anymore. I've been chasing my stuttering and crashing for almost two months now and I think I've finally found a fix. Thank fucking god.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Kamehameha is going to finally get me to stop playing Void Warlock always forever

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Bows are a lot of fun but in Gambit it felt like a DPS blocker

• Options
    Also I don't know of Bungie plans to do anything about it but Sleeper Stim basically breaks Gambit right out the gate and makes it not so fun time for people like me who didn't bother with the quest

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Also I don't know of Bungie plans to do anything about it but Sleeper Stim basically breaks Gambit right out the gate and makes it not so fun time for people like me who didn't bother with the quest

They gave is Gambit as a promo/test for 1 day and in under 24 hours people had basically broken the gamemode across their knees.

• Options
    Konphujun wrote: »
    Bizazedo wrote: »

43 is the last level gate for using weapons/armor that I’ve seen so far, 500 light is definitely the soft cap once you’re lvl 50.

I can confirm, 500 is the soft cap.

It seems pretty damn far away from 600, but with more sources of powerful engrams maybe it won't be so bad?

Guess we will see.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Oh boy. Played a lot. Bows are better off than I thought they would be. Air accuracy is a defining trait I think.

Didn’t pvp much. Did the whole campaign. Easily their best one yet. And I say that as someone who really liked TTK.

Some weird stuff going on

I was hoping...(campaign spoilers below)
    with the last baron talking about how much you enjoyed killing the others fir revenge... I was hoping so hard that this whole thing was a savathun ruse to “take” us. Corrupt us by having us murder all these barons to avenge cause. Woulda been too cool

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    So wait where is the new super stuff?

• Options

I haven't unlocked it, but I think
    it's the quest you get from Ikora after the inital PoE stuff, to collect light thingies and then go somewhere

Might be wrong there.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular

I haven't unlocked it, but I think
    it's the quest you get from Ikora after the inital PoE stuff, to collect light thingies and then go somewhere

Might be wrong there.

You are not wrong.

• Options
    Kinda annoyed the new supers are tied directly into the new skill trees. I figured I could chose between the three skill trees and two supers, but you are locked into the new tree if you want the new super.

• Options
    shryke wrote: »

They gave is Gambit as a promo/test for 1 day and in under 24 hours people had basically broken the gamemode across their knees.

My idea to fix this is to have the arena shrink when the final boss is summoned. People are abusing the long sight lines and OHKO of Sleeper, if you forced them into a smaller arena at the end they couldn't turtle so hard in the spawn.

• Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    Well I'm not banned. Gambit is fun and might be my go to since I don't like DM PVP/don't do too well/don't feel like I'm contributing too much to the team if there's no objectives other then to kill the other team.

I'm not super happy with the pure random rolls on guns. I feel like the game could have done better with guns having a persistent perk and then a random perk on the off set. Because why would I want that fancy Better Devils from Crucible that doesn't make people explode when it's literally not the reason why I loved BD in the first place?

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I thought the new gear tooltips were just placeholder, but I guess they are intended, permanent change?

they look really, really bad, especially compared to the old ones

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Yeah the new font hurts my eyes

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    How do L30+ people still not know how to Taken Blight

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I like fire knives

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Has anyone in the thread seen the crucible class item drop from Shaxx? 3000 tokens later, I’ve seen 0 cloaks.

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.