As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Everybody get up, it's time to Ham now [Overwatch]

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    We should be glad the real Spitfires didn't choke every time

• mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

TBF it's against Justice but damn

• AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Before buying any skins today, remember that all the 3000 credit skins will be 1000 the next time their event rolls around, including the Summer ones in August.

Also, today's the last day to get the Storm Rising sprays for like 10 months so don't forget.

I finally got around to getting the all heroes Mercy spray from it earlier.

More importantly, I FINALLY got the Mercy spray from Junkenstein Endless the other day, the one that needs you to get to get past 4 bonus waves on Epic.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    that mercy spray will forever be out of my reach

EzUAYcn.png
    edited June 2019
    I thought that too! Next time around, just play Torb. Keep his turret up on the high ground on the right, and when you get ult, spray it in an arc in front of the door. Everything just runs into it including the bosses.

I have never gotten past 2 bonus waves before, but we got like, 8. Nu-Torb is such a beast for that mode.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I thought that too! Next time around, just play Torb. Keep his turret up on the high ground on the right, and when you get ult, spray it in an arc in front of the door. Everything just runs into it including the bosses.

I have never gotten past 2 bonus waves before, but we got like, 8. Nu-Torb is such a beast for that mode.

I used to throw his turret up onto Junkenstein's balcony (you gotta stand on the corner of the cart on the far side of the bridge and aim for the corner that sticks out).

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Saw a great POTG last night that we initially thought was going to be pure classic Torb.

Nepal Sanctum, he's tucked into one of the little corners on the point just hammering away at his turret when two people rush in to attack the turret and kill themselves on his hammer.

steam_sig.png
    So, someone has been testing EMP, because they thought the cast time was shorter than the game says it is

And they were right

The game says it's 0.5 seconds, but it's 0.18 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxpDcAJyPI8

The timer starts when they hit Q, and stops when the Lucio bot registers as hacked. The ult animation is just an effect and distance doesn't effect it.

The animation takes 0.5 seconds, but once you hit 0.18, the hack hasd gone through regardless.

So with human reaction times you would have maybe 1 frame to stun her. OWL on LAN might get an extra frame.

Weird that they would just, get a time wrong in their game. And that it would be on the 'you don't get to play the game now' ult.

ZD98Zka.png
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    y4kmjt60yqbc.pngvkkuh19689my.png0kbzkzado81g.png

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    yayyy now i don't have to spend $15 to watch player perspectives i can only view when games are live

uc3ufTB.png
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Sweet. Now I can look at goats v goats from new angles!

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Watch goats vs goats from Lucio perspective

Lucio play in goats is entertaining as hell and it's a shame they don't show it more on stream

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    i'm boutta watch SO MANY HOURS OF SLIME

i caught dhak doing a vod review of one of slime's matches during stage 1 and my lucio brain grew three sizes that day

uc3ufTB.png
  • jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Eichenwald Houston attack
    Sinatra just fucking got this third grav before Linkzr got their second.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    "Supportal Kombat!"

Uggggggggggggh

Havana Houston attack
    After the big EMP, Houston almost forgot about the cart.

edited June 2019
    map 5 hyyype

wowowow is this really happening

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    map 5 hyyype

wowowow is this really happening
    I WAS HERE

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    J PogU KE

uc3ufTB.png
  • Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Houston/San Francisco final score
    What the fuck, first day in a long while I miss a game and this happens. Clearly it's been my fault all along that Houston has been losing.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
    It is so damn fun to watch Jinmu Pharah.

steam_sig.png
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Yveltal with the Battle Mercy 3k!

Ahah, Jake just got on Avast's discord call
    "Realistically, Super carried me to the Overwatch League, so he only has himself to blame."

"Realistically, Super carried me to the Overwatch League, so he only has himself to blame."

Jake is awesome. Whatever he did years ago that people didn't like, he's redeemed himself. He's so likeable and a great ambassador for the league. I hope he goes into casting when he retires from playing but I think he'd be a great coach too.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »

Jake is awesome. Whatever he did years ago that people didn't like, he's redeemed himself. He's so likeable and a great ambassador for the league. I hope he goes into casting when he retires from playing but I think he'd be a great coach too.

I don’t know if it’s still the case, but he used to get extremely toxic when he'd get tilted. I think he was the one who told someone to kill themself. Hopefully, he’s cleaned up his act. He’d make a good face for OWL.

edited June 2019
    Hangzhou/Vancouver map 4
    Spark has been putting up a hell of a fight today, I love it. Map 5 looking really likely.

Edit: Ohh no. :(

Rock Lobster! on
    SirToasty wrote: »

I don’t know if it’s still the case, but he used to get extremely toxic when he'd get tilted. I think he was the one who told someone to kill themself. Hopefully, he’s cleaned up his act. He’d make a good face for OWL.

Yeah all of that is pretty far gone. People were talking about that as being a thing that happened awhile back last season. He's been great for the league casting WC and doing interviews on TV. Very well spoken.

fl0w3r yayyyyyy

uc3ufTB.png
    edited June 2019
    wow the OWL stream is completely down

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
    edited June 2019
    I'm pretty proud of this one.
    https://youtu.be/j4qw2Sfx-Pw

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    The desk dying on stage from eating hot chicken is great.

you love to see it

xvkd4fm0ucua.png

uc3ufTB.png
  • mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Did they have a better schedule this stage? Seems like quite the turnaround from the past two.

This Fuel v Titans match isn't gonna be pretty...

hgvopwx1jk431.png
    Janus is the most consistent tank

• EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    The desk dying on stage from eating hot chicken is great.

Which matches was this during?