Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Mods know too much about the [Conspiracy Theories] thread

15051525456

Posts

  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    That quote physically hurts me.

    steam_sig.png

    Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
    Caulk Bite 6L Ron HowardKruite
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Ask me about my scrotalist agenda Registered User regular
    Ah. Sorrry. I cant find the original post. I found it in the first place by trawling facebook groups. Start at a relatively off kilter open facebook group and you'll find other similar groups reccommended in the side bar.

    I've found a wonderful A4V form (Accepted for value) that is used to claim your birth money from the government but i need to anonymise it as it has already been filled in. Probably not with the person's real name, as the name change forms in the group looked just as legal as the A4V form. But i dont want to even maybe dox someone so I'll figure out a nice way of posting it when i get home.

    Caulk Bite 6Harry DresdenArbitraryDescriptorCambiata
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular
    God, the "aliens are actually demons/angels" crowd are so tedious... Like their nonsense isn't even the fun kind it's just confusing and weird and a lot of it usually ties in to other right wing conspiracies. I swear I could never hear the fucking word annunaki again as long as I live and I'd die smiling.

    Caulk Bite 6BloodySloth
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    I found a bigfoot channel though sweet soundrous
    God, the "aliens are actually demons/angels" crowd are so tedious... Like their nonsense isn't even the fun kind it's just confusing and weird and a lot of it usually ties in to other right wing conspiracies. I swear I could never hear the fucking word annunaki again as long as I live and I'd die smiling.

    I found a channel with a very nice voice talking about how bigfoot is an alien

    NitsuaNobeardGvzbgulCaulk Bite 6
  • NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I found a bigfoot channel though sweet soundrous
    God, the "aliens are actually demons/angels" crowd are so tedious... Like their nonsense isn't even the fun kind it's just confusing and weird and a lot of it usually ties in to other right wing conspiracies. I swear I could never hear the fucking word annunaki again as long as I live and I'd die smiling.

    I found a channel with a very nice voice talking about how bigfoot is an alien

    Nice find. If you go even deeper into Bigfoot stuff, you'll find out that Bigfoot is actually an extra-dimensional being, able to teleport, time travel, and psychically manipulate people. That's how it's been able to stay hidden for so long.

    I'm not saying we are going to have an autocratic dystopia, but things keep happening that look like they come from an autocratic dystopia.
    L Ron HowardMrVyngaardHexmage-PA
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Ask me about my scrotalist agenda Registered User regular
    edited August 16
    Now I'm trying to remember the movie where Bigfoot is an alien but the title is Demon Warp or something like that.
    edit- that is it! Demonwarp.

    Gvzbgul on
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited August 16
    God, the "aliens are actually demons/angels" crowd are so tedious... Like their nonsense isn't even the fun kind it's just confusing and weird and a lot of it usually ties in to other right wing conspiracies. I swear I could never hear the fucking word annunaki again as long as I live and I'd die smiling.

    I actually kinda like that conspiracy theory, it reminds me of Babylon 5.

    And Mass Effect.

    Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

    Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
    Harry DresdenArbitraryDescriptorShadowfireCaulk Bite 6L Ron HowardEntaruZilla360Lord_Asmodeus
  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor Registered User regular
    That quote physically hurts me.

    Because it cuts off before it takes us back to Egipt*?

    Tell me about it, what a tease.


    (*Which I assume is not a typo, but actually the name they gave our planet, and it was the Romans who mispelled it)

    Caulk Bite 6Mild Confusion
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Ask me about my scrotalist agenda Registered User regular
    edited August 17
    It is indeed not a typo, it's how Nuwaubian Black Supremacists spell Egypt in their language (a weird form of Arabic).
    Here's an anonymised copy of the A4V form I found.

    https://imgur.com/a/gN0i3zw

    If you're at all familiar with Sovereign Citizen language and catch phrases then this document will be a giant flashing beacon.

    It's mostly fake legalese. The real meat imo, are the parts that specify what the person gets out of this. eg:
    BK3THdc.png
    Basically: "They believe laws only apply to them if they feel like it. And typically, they don't."

    Gvzbgul on
    marajifurlionCaulk Bite 6Centipede DamascusElvenshae
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    So they’re sovereign citizens?

    steam_sig.png

    Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Ask me about my scrotalist agenda Registered User regular
    Yes. But using a different framework.

    I should clarify that the A4V form is not Nuwaubian. They're out there, but they're not that out there.

  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    Not where the truth is, at least.

  • DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Egypt has a totally different name in Arabic. It's usually transliterated as Masr or Misr. The surname al-Masri means "the Egyptian"

    Caulk Bite 6
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited August 16
    Egypt has a totally different name in Arabic. It's usually transliterated as Masr or Misr. The surname al-Masri means "the Egyptian"

    It was Khemet (the Black Land, because of the silt) to the actual Egyptians. Just one of the countries in English we call a name, because that's what it says on the map.
    The map in question being written by people who struggled to pronounce Ha-ka-Ptah, in response to some loud pointing at where the king lived.

    Tastyfish on
    Caulk Bite 6BloodySloth
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Ask me about my scrotalist agenda Registered User regular
    Egypt has a totally different name in Arabic. It's usually transliterated as Masr or Misr. The surname al-Masri means "the Egyptian"
    Whoops.

  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    I found the very entertaining original casually conspiracy prime time tv show
    The Unsolved Mysteries
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzirOgADPOz0eapgwBcX9Gw

    Caulk Bite 6ShadowfireCambiataL Ron HowardNobeardGnome-InterruptusMrVyngaardRchanenLord_Asmodeus
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Ask me about my scrotalist agenda Registered User regular
    edited August 20
    Doing some youtube deep diving and found a particular user on the Maori news youtube channel, getting into a flame war. Their liked video list is a goldmine. In their comment they mentioned "Agenda 21" so I did some googling. Here's a NZ conspiracy theorist website on it:

    http://www.wakeupkiwi.com/agenda-21-new-zealand.shtml
    United Nations, John Key's New Zealand Cycle Way And Fascist Globalist Government In New Zealand - Agenda 21

    The vast majority of New Zealanders and the world in general are so distracted by day to day busy-ness, reality television and sports that most are oblivious to the socialism creeping in at the local level through Agenda 21.

    "Effective execution of Agenda 21 will require a profound reorientation of all human society, unlike anything the world has ever experienced a major shift in the priorities of both governments and individuals and an unprecedented redeployment of human and financial resources.

    This shift will demand that a concern for the environmental consequences of every human action be integrated into individual and collective decision-making at every level. "

    - excerpt, UN Agenda 21

    -
    New Zealanders need to know that although the information presented and documents revealed are mostly originating from the United States, this is a GLOBAL plan that is already starting to be implemented here in NZ. Hamilton City has been chosen as an experimental model city for the Agenda 21 program. RushFM.com

    New Zealand is officially an Agenda 21 “country”, and also evidenced by the random push towards national cycle ways which in fact make sense under the requirements of Agenda 21 in moving people away from using cars.

    For an excellent and relatively brief overview of the impacts of Agenda 21 for you and some key signs of it's implementation that you will recognise yourself once you are aware of them - listen to this interivew with Rosa Koire who is an international expert on Agenda 21.

    The New Zealand Cycle Trail concept sounds like a great and innocent idea and in principle it is. But when you understand where the real reasoning behind it comes from it takes on a rather different tone. It is nothing more than a cover story for part of Agenda 21.
    Beyond that... is a rather long presentation of Agenda 21's nefarious goals of sustainability, environmentalism, and fascism!!!!1!!11!!!one
    You can read the link if you want to but it's mostly the bog standard international globalist theories with very little NZ focused content. I'm pretty sure we've already seen Agenda 21 theories in this thread, but I enjoyed the "cycleways are evil" angle.

    live edit- Holy shiiit, I just found some NZ sovereign citizens!!! They have their own bank and have control of the real government and iwi, not the fake NZ government or iwi pretenders. I gotta read up on this first. I will post later, probably tomorrow. This one is some deep lore.
    real edit- yessss, they "sued" the Queen of England (who is actually a Rothschild and also the Pope?) to step down and allow the real heir to the crown (some British conspiracy guy) to rule.

    Ok, no more. I need to find some way to make this nonsense make some kind of sense. I will say, they are very good at creating their own website(s) and promoting themselves online. Which is nice for me.

    Gvzbgul on
    LoisLanefurlionCambiataForarL Ron HowardElvenshaetynickimeDisruptedCapitalistMoridin889NobeardmarajiNitsuaMortiousHappy Little MachineRchanenLord_Asmodeus
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    How's this for a conspiracy theory: I got served a weird ad for some weird-sounded conservative rag the other day and now NBC News has a big article out about them!

    Oh, that's just a coincidence? I shouldn't post about it in the conspiracy theory thread? Well what if I said you should keep reading? Obviously, I think you should read the whole article, but I will share with you some of the reporter's tweet summaries right now.

    (Ben Collins, if you hadn't gathered, is an NBC reporter.)













    So yeah, a radical cult that wants Donald Trump to immanentize the eschaton has been spending millions of dark money to promote QAnon conspiracies mixed in with their own hyper-conservative religious views, they have an enormous social media presence, and they've been photographed providing the president with a folder with unknown contents.

    I feel like this story deserves getting posted in some other threads too, but I'm not quite sure which ones...

    dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    Captain CarrotL Ron HowardshrykeJazzMoridin889SmurphNobeardautono-wally, erotibot300Gnome-InterruptusGvzbgulPolaritiemarajiMrVyngaardNitsuaMagellSmrtnikCambiataCaulk Bite 6Mild ConfusionHexmage-PACentipede DamascusLabelRchanenLord_Asmodeus
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Doing some youtube deep diving and found a particular user on the Maori news youtube channel, getting into a flame war. Their liked video list is a goldmine. In their comment they mentioned "Agenda 21" so I did some googling. Here's a NZ conspiracy theorist website on it:

    http://www.wakeupkiwi.com/agenda-21-new-zealand.shtml
    United Nations, John Key's New Zealand Cycle Way And Fascist Globalist Government In New Zealand - Agenda 21

    The vast majority of New Zealanders and the world in general are so distracted by day to day busy-ness, reality television and sports that most are oblivious to the socialism creeping in at the local level through Agenda 21.

    "Effective execution of Agenda 21 will require a profound reorientation of all human society, unlike anything the world has ever experienced a major shift in the priorities of both governments and individuals and an unprecedented redeployment of human and financial resources.

    This shift will demand that a concern for the environmental consequences of every human action be integrated into individual and collective decision-making at every level. "

    - excerpt, UN Agenda 21

    -
    New Zealanders need to know that although the information presented and documents revealed are mostly originating from the United States, this is a GLOBAL plan that is already starting to be implemented here in NZ. Hamilton City has been chosen as an experimental model city for the Agenda 21 program. RushFM.com

    New Zealand is officially an Agenda 21 “country”, and also evidenced by the random push towards national cycle ways which in fact make sense under the requirements of Agenda 21 in moving people away from using cars.

    For an excellent and relatively brief overview of the impacts of Agenda 21 for you and some key signs of it's implementation that you will recognise yourself once you are aware of them - listen to this interivew with Rosa Koire who is an international expert on Agenda 21.

    The New Zealand Cycle Trail concept sounds like a great and innocent idea and in principle it is. But when you understand where the real reasoning behind it comes from it takes on a rather different tone. It is nothing more than a cover story for part of Agenda 21.
    Beyond that... is a rather long presentation of Agenda 21's nefarious goals of sustainability, environmentalism, and fascism!!!!1!!11!!!one
    You can read the link if you want to but it's mostly the bog standard international globalist theories with very little NZ focused content. I'm pretty sure we've already seen Agenda 21 theories in this thread, but I enjoyed the "cycleways are evil" angle.

    live edit- Holy shiiit, I just found some NZ sovereign citizens!!! They have their own bank and have control of the real government and iwi, not the fake NZ government or iwi pretenders. I gotta read up on this first. I will post later, probably tomorrow. This one is some deep lore.
    real edit- yessss, they "sued" the Queen of England (who is actually a Rothschild and also the Pope?) to step down and allow the real heir to the crown (some British conspiracy guy) to rule.

    Ok, no more. I need to find some way to make this nonsense make some kind of sense. I will say, they are very good at creating their own website(s) and promoting themselves online. Which is nice for me.

    But enough about their crusader kings 2 game.

    Sic transit gloria mundi.
    JazzMuzzmuzzSmurphElvenshaemarajiMrVyngaardtynicMild ConfusionKayne Red RobeBloodySlothRchanenLord_Asmodeus
  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    How's this for a conspiracy theory: I got served a weird ad for some weird-sounded conservative rag the other day and now NBC News has a big article out about them!

    Is that the one where they assert that they are the last source of real news, then segue right into offering you a free 4'x3' Pepe Silva poster minus the yarn?

    I debated posting that by itself.

  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    How's this for a conspiracy theory: I got served a weird ad for some weird-sounded conservative rag the other day and now NBC News has a big article out about them!

    Is that the one where they assert that they are the last source of real news, then segue right into offering you a free 4'x3' Pepe Silva poster minus the yarn?

    I debated posting that by itself.

    I dunno, I skipped the ad before it got to the end... I watched more than the required X seconds because it was strikingly and unexpectedly horrifying from the very introduction of the paper. "The Epoch Times." But I had to skip it after the guy in the ad was proudly displaying the newspaper talking about the Coming Storm.

    dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    When the Epoch times started appearing as ads on youtube. From the first time I let it play I did not know who it was nor had I heard about them. So after a few more times of them appearing and I skipping them I looked them up and pretty much what the above post is what I found. It is the only ad I will report on youtube. I let Prager U pay because it was unintentional comedy. Now it's not but a sad excuse of a strawman argument

  • I ZimbraI Zimbra Registered User regular
    Sounds like Falun Gong just updated the Moonie playbook for the 21st century.

    Gnome-InterruptusElvenshaeKayne Red RobeRchanenQanamil
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Ask me about my scrotalist agenda Registered User regular
    Wow, I've only ever heard of Falun Gong in the context of China harvesting their organs and suppressing their beliefs.

    ElvenshaeDiplominatorshrykeMoridin889ShadowfireSmrtnik[Expletive deleted]Caulk Bite 6ImperfectKayne Red RobeNeveronCentipede DamascusRchanenLord_Asmodeus
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    Not hard to see how you fall down some weird conspiracy holes when it seems China is targeting your followers for organ harvesting though. I just not sure where the leap into eschatology comes from though, that doesn't seem to be part of the regular Falun Gong beliefs?

  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Ask me about my scrotalist agenda Registered User regular
    edited August 20
    twitter article:
    Falun Gong’s founder has referred to Epoch Media Group as “our media,” and the group’s practice heavily informs The Epoch Times’ coverage, according to former employees who spoke with NBC News.


    2002 CNN article:
    http://edition.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapcf/east/07/24/china.fg.overview/
    Falun Gong was founded by Li Hongzhi. He is a former government grain clerk now living in the United States. Li introduced the philosophy to the public in 1992. He then taught it for two years in China.

    Falun Gong's tight organization was seen on April 25, 1999, when about 10,000 Falun Gong members besieged the government compound in Zhongnanhai, Beijing. It was the largest mass gathering in the capital for a decade. The incident led to a large-scale crackdown on the group and, in July, the banning of Falun Gong.

    More recently, the group has taken to interrupting television broadcasts and beaming their own message into the homes of Chinese viewers. In the past year, Falun Gong supporters have interrupted cable broadcasts in at least six cities, often simply showing banners reading "Falun Dafa is good."

    The government attributes the brazen hijacking of state-run satellite signals during the soccer World Cup finals to the group.

    In July 1999, Falun Gong was officially declared illegal in China. Falun Gong books and tapes were destroyed. Its Web sites were blocked and jammed. The organization believes tens of thousands of practitioners were arrested, beaten up, detained, or sent to psychiatric wards, labor camps and prison.

    Followers say there were more than 40 documented cases of otherwise healthy practitioners being beaten and tortured to death while in detention.

    The Chinese government condemned Falun Gong, calling it a notorious cult with an evil political will. It was called a "reactionary political force" that should be destroyed. In January, three more practitioners were sentenced to six years imprisonment and 20 were arrested in Shandong.

    I'm not sure where the "30 years late" thing is coming from. I can't find it in the twitter article. And 30 years ago is before Falun Gong existed.

    edit- Ah, a pro-China source but here's the claim:
    http://www.chinaconsulatechicago.org/eng/zt/z83/t1613213.htm
    Li Hongzhi, the chief ring leader of "Falun Gong", claims that the mankind has been destroyed 81 times, and that he has delayed the explosion of the earth by 30 years.

    Gvzbgul on
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    Their wikipedia article seems to say it's more of a rebalancing of karma and a shift in attitudes, rather than an apocalyptic event.

    Gvzbgul
  • TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    edited August 20
    They are also the same shady group behind the ubiquitous Shen Yun dance troupe, which the New Yorker did a deep dive into earlier this year:
    https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/stepping-into-the-uncanny-unsettling-world-of-shen-yun

    TheScruple on
    All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Ask me about my scrotalist agenda Registered User regular
    edited August 20
    Yeah. I feel like Ben Collins deliberately described it in a untrue way to tie into anti-cult prejudice.

    Gvzbgul on
  • JazzJazz UKRegistered User regular
    I think the first time I heard of Falun Gong was from Guns N' Roses, when they were name-dropped in "Chinese Democracy".

    Make of that what you will...

    Dark Raven X
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Look, what the Chinese government is doing to Uighur population, Falun Gong members, Christians, what-have-you, it's terrible. No doubt about it.

    But that doesn't mean that Falun Gong ain't a creepy-as-shit cult, even before you get into all this pro-Trump, pro-QAnon rhetoric.

    dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    SmrtnikLinespider5NyysjanCaulk Bite 6Mild ConfusionLoisLaneImperfectCentipede DamascusRchanenQanamilLord_AsmodeusDouglasDanger
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited August 21
    It's the pro-Trump/Q-anon stuff that makes it that much weirder. Perfectly normal cult otherwise - it's seems like David Icke coming out to confirm that the Reptillians are also Flat Earthers, but in this case they're actually wrong, despite having been shown the dailies from the faked moon landing.

    Though on second thought, I guess that's probably just cultural blindness, and it's literally the same thing as Supply Side Jesus. Once communism is the literal devil, easy to fall in line on other stuff too.

    Tastyfish on
  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor Registered User regular
    edited August 21
    Tastyfish wrote: »
    It's the pro-Trump/Q-anon stuff that makes it that much weirder. Perfectly normal cult otherwise - it's like David Icke coming out to confirm that the Reptillians are also Flat Earthers, but in this case they're actually wrong, despite having been shown the dailies from the faked moon landing.

    Though guess that's probably just cultural blindness, it's literally the same thing as Supply Side Jesus.

    Alternatively, Epoch Times has been turned into an elaborate psyop to discredit Falun Gong.

    The notion, that the faithful can look at Trump and see a guy who will bring down Xi, is out there enough that I'd be more comfortable accepting it was intentionally so.

    ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I found a bigfoot channel though sweet soundrous
    God, the "aliens are actually demons/angels" crowd are so tedious... Like their nonsense isn't even the fun kind it's just confusing and weird and a lot of it usually ties in to other right wing conspiracies. I swear I could never hear the fucking word annunaki again as long as I live and I'd die smiling.

    I found a channel with a very nice voice talking about how bigfoot is an alien

    Nice find. If you go even deeper into Bigfoot stuff, you'll find out that Bigfoot is actually an extra-dimensional being, able to teleport, time travel, and psychically manipulate people. That's how it's been able to stay hidden for so long.

    So Bigfoot is Jesus Christ and he's still hiding out following the resurrection, waiting for the right moment so he can Rapture humanity when all the aliens aren't looking.

  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    do you get the falun gong guys protesting on the streets in america? because you see them all the time in australia, standing around quietly with their "falun dafa is good" signs and posters about organ trafficking. they are definitely insane

    GvzbgulDouglasDanger
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Ask me about my scrotalist agenda Registered User regular
    I dunno, ill take quiet public dancing over literally any other kind of public proselytizing.

    Kayne Red Robe
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    .
    do you get the falun gong guys protesting on the streets in america? because you see them all the time in australia, standing around quietly with their "falun dafa is good" signs and posters about organ trafficking. they are definitely insane

    yeah, they're all over the campus gates here. Seem like very nice people, the cult is definitely bonkers, and the PRC crackdown is definitely over the top and has poured a shit-tonne of gasoline on their paranoid conspiracies. Shit show all round, really.

  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited August 21
    do you get the falun gong guys protesting on the streets in america? because you see them all the time in australia, standing around quietly with their "falun dafa is good" signs and posters about organ trafficking. they are definitely insane

    Honestly I don’t mind that, more upsetting is Chinese pro Beijing students attacking Hong Kong pro democracy students in universities throughout Australia, often with actual threats and violence

    Also reports of Chinese students in Australian universities essentially keeping watch on one another, and in some cases reporting back what was said in small tutorial classes (like 10-20 class sizes) back to the mainland, resulting in some students getting phone calls from their parents back home talking about how officials came to see them to tell them their child was saying bad things about the Chinese government while in Australia, essentially threatening them

    That is hugely problematic because Australia has a lot of Chinese students at its unis and things discussed in tutorials are legally private and protected

    It’s all very concerning and links back to the larger concern that the Chinese government is only going to get worse and worse with this kind of stuff as it brushes up against more and more democratic and independent systems. I wish I could remember the journalist who wrote a great article about this fundamental tension and how it’s going to get worse

    Prohass on
    tynicGvzbgulHappy Little MachineNitsuaDisruptedCapitalistCaulk Bite 6JazzGnome-InterruptusDarkPrimusfurlionAimLabelRchanenLord_AsmodeusDouglasDanger
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Ask me about my scrotalist agenda Registered User regular
    Exact same shit is happening in NZ. Its a conspiracy, but a real one sadly.

    tynic
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    do you get the falun gong guys protesting on the streets in america? because you see them all the time in australia, standing around quietly with their "falun dafa is good" signs and posters about organ trafficking. they are definitely insane

    Honestly I don’t mind that, more upsetting is Chinese pro Beijing students attacking Hong Kong pro democracy students in universities throughout Australia, often with actual threats and violence

    Also reports of Chinese students in Australian universities essentially keeping watch on one another, and in some cases reporting back what was said in small tutorial classes (like 10-20 class sizes) back to the mainland, resulting in some students getting phone calls from their parents back home talking about how officials came to see them to tell them their child was saying bad things about the Chinese government while in Australia, essentially threatening them

    That is hugely problematic because Australia has a lot of Chinese students at its unis and things discussed in tutorials are legally private and protected

    It’s all very concerning and links back to the larger concern that the Chinese government is only going to get worse and worse with this kind of stuff as it brushes up against more and more democratic and independent systems. I wish I could remember the journalist who wrote a great article about this fundamental tension and how it’s going to get worse

    That's pretty disturbing in the sense that it suggests fears of international students acting as proxies for foreign governments are not entirely conspiracy nonsense.

    SmrtnikMild ConfusionmarajiElvenshaeRchanenLord_Asmodeus
Sign In or Register to comment.