Mods know too much about the [Conspiracy Theories] thread

1697071727375»

• Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    l_g wrote: »
    What are the current best conspiracy theories about Facebook that I should share with people to get them off of Facebook

That its Facebook.

A giant Corporation that pilfers your personal data and sells it to advertisers and various unsavory characters to use against you. All the while being owned and run by a borderline sociopath creep named Mark Zuckerberg, who will do anything to increase his power over them.

Communicating from the last of the Babylon Stations.
    kimeSleepMoridin889autono-wally, erotibot300DouglasDangerL Ron HowardmarajiDoodmannNobeardElvenshaeIncenjucarjimb213
  • RingoRingo HE KEEPS REPEATING THE LINE I'M GONNA CRY BLEASE LET HIM LIVE YOU MADE ME WATCH SO MUCH KISSING IN THIS FILM LET INIGO LIVERegistered User regular
    Facebook literally makes you feel depressed... but maybe instead of using the actual research data, blame it on lizard people with regenerative microwave bananas

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    shrykeDocOrcaElvenshaeceres
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    What are the current best conspiracy theories about Facebook that I should share with people to get them off of Facebook

That its stealing all your data and manipulating you?

Steam = VishnuOwnz
    Dota2 = Glitchmo
    shrykeL Ron HowardNobeard
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    They're making you depressed intentionally in order to harvest your depression. Because sad people buy things which they can then advertise to you

wbBv3fj.png
    shrykeVishNubRingoMoridin889DouglasDangerL Ron Howardl_gElvenshaeIncenjucar
  • 21stCentury21stCentury A lovely pixel artist and gamecrafter [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited February 12
    This was in the wrong thread, sorry.

21stCentury on
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Is it a conspiracy theory if it’s true?

Steam = VishnuOwnz
    Dota2 = Glitchmo
    NitsuaRingoNobeard
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    They're making you depressed intentionally in order to harvest your depression. Because sad people buy things which they can then advertise to you

Their business incentive is literally to get you to click more and spend more time on their platform, regardless of whether it is good for your physical or mental health. And all evidence says it's not. And also the evidence says that the main ways to drive engagement are bad for both people and society.

RingoDouglasDangerOrcaGnome-Interruptus
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Ask me about my scrotalist agenda Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    Is it a conspiracy theory if it’s true?
    Yes. But those ones aren't that much fun to talk about.

DiannaoChongElvenshaeCaulk Bite 6
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I find it hilarious that it's been a conspiracy theory since the 90s that Crypto AG was a front for the CIA.
    Well, it wasn't a front for the CIA. It was a front for the CIA and BND.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    Facebook makes me feel happy because it’s full of puppies and babies. I guess the algorithm is faulty.

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Kipling217 wrote: »

That its Facebook.

A giant Corporation that pilfers your personal data and sells it to advertisers and various unsavory characters to use against you. All the while being owned and run by a borderline sociopath creep named Mark Zuckerberg, who will do anything to increase his power over them.

That’s okay, if you copy and paste / share this boiler plate sovcit disclaimer then you are protected from anything Facebook tries to do with your data.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    Elvenshaemaraji
  • m!ttensm!ttens Registered User regular
    I find it hilarious that it's been a conspiracy theory since the 90s that Crypto AG was a front for the CIA.
    Well, it wasn't a front for the CIA. It was a front for the CIA and BND.

That entire article from the Washington Post was fantastic and really gripping read. It reminded me how much I was into spy stories as a kid and shed new light on foreign relations issues from history. Definitely recommend giving it a read if you have the time and subscription to the Post.

Ringo
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    As a German, I'm always kinda astonished when I read that our TLA does something impressive

And this is certainly impressive

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    Facebook makes me feel happy because it’s full of puppies and babies. I guess the algorithm is faulty.

That's how I use reddit. I have a carefully curated selection of subs so that most of what I see is pets. Dogs and cats, puppies and kittens, parrots, cows frolicking in fields, and the occasional reptile.

Facebook I never even considered using because I don't care about the minutiae of other peoples day to day lives and (happily) expect others to do the same for me. That's just my personal preference, though. I get why lots of people want to share on a big communal website and I wish Facebook wasn't so shitty so they could have that.

I'm not saying we are going to have an autocratic dystopia, but things keep happening that look like they come from an autocratic dystopia.
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Televangelist selling colloidal silver to cure Coronavirus for $300.

Off-the-shelf "dietary supplement" colloidal silver runs about $30 for that size package. Buying the same thing from a lab supply company will run about half of that.

Colloidal silver is a very weak antibiotic and does nothing at all to viruses. It's a great way to stain your skin Smurf blue.

Kayne Red RobeGvzbgulNitsuaElvenshaeBrainleechIncenjucarL Ron HowardmarajiCaulk Bite 6

• ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    Televangelist selling colloidal silver to cure Coronavirus for $300.

I am intensely annoyed that that guy isn't at risk of winding up in prison over something like that.

Stabbity StyleElvenshaeMoridin889Lord_AsmodeusNyysjanDouglasDangerShadowfireVishNubIncenjucarpainfulPleasancefurlionSmrtnikCentipede DamascusPolaritieceresCambiataL Ron HowardkimemarajiFANTOMASCaulk Bite 6Cantide
    He's already gone to jail for... uh...

*web search*

Fraud

Stabbity StyleElvenshaeceresL Ron HowardmarajiExtreaminatusCaulk Bite 6