As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You play video games on a [Nintendo], right?

• Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I think the next thing I'm really down for on the Switch is Okami HD since I never got to play any of the previous releases of it

Also oops I've still only played like 10 minutes of Mario Tennis Aces

I'd get it if it was a physical release

You can order it off of Amazon.co.jp, they ship to the US and the Japanese version supports English

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I think the next thing I'm really down for on the Switch is Okami HD since I never got to play any of the previous releases of it

Also oops I've still only played like 10 minutes of Mario Tennis Aces

I'd get it if it was a physical release

You can order it off of Amazon.co.jp, they ship to the US and the Japanese version supports English

Really!?

Also, a quick hot take on Steamworld Dig 2

It is soooooooo slooooooowwwwwww

But I can't stop playing it

• Options
    Really! link here, you can pre-order and it'll ship automatically. It's also the only way to get the super awesome deluxe edition outside of Japan

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Really! link here, you can pre-order and it'll ship automatically. It's also the only way to get the super awesome deluxe edition outside of Japan

I uh

Can't read that =(

Also, I have no way to guess shipping or pay yen? Is the currency?

Xaquin on
  • Options

I uh

Can't read that =(

Also, I have no way to guess shipping or pay yen? Is the currency?

Hmm, the Japanese site is laid out exactly like the American one, I was able to manage the order with minimal trial and error

It will automatically convert currency for you when you enter your payment info

It takes a bit of effort but it's completely doable

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    So as part of the final update for xenoblade 2's (first?) season pass they've added a new rare blade, some new quests, two harder difficulties

And most importantly, you can change the unique monster battle music to You Will Know Our Names

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    So as part of the final update for xenoblade 2's (first?) season pass they've added a new rare blade, some new quests, two harder difficulties

And most importantly, you can change the unique monster battle music to You Will Know Our Names

In NG+, and you gotta do some of the Battle Arena stuff....

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I’ve been playing a fair bit of Enter The Gungeon and Binding Of Isaac: Afterbirth+ lately. I’m bad at them. I can’t wait for Dead Cells to come out so I can be bad at that too!

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Is Afterbirth still $40? I bought it on the PC and all the expansions over the years, but I do want it on my Switch.. but I already own it all...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I think it is, yeah. I find it’s worthwhile even though I also have it on PC as well, but yeah, it’s hard to justify.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I think it is, yeah. I find it’s worthwhile even though I also have it on PC as well, but yeah, it’s hard to justify.

Well, I 100%'ed Afterbirth, but playing Afterbirth + when it first came out was frustrating. So if I go down that rabbit hole again, it'll be aimed at getting 100% again. And right now, my masochistic game of trying to 100% is Hyrule Warriors, sooooo...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »

Well, I 100%'ed Afterbirth, but playing Afterbirth + when it first came out was frustrating. So if I go down that rabbit hole again, it'll be aimed at getting 100% again. And right now, my masochistic game of trying to 100% is Hyrule Warriors, sooooo...

Yeah the thing with Binding of Isaac is--any given release of it has been worth the asking price, if it's the only version of the game you buy. But it's a lot harder to justify buying Afterbirth+ at msrp when you've owned and played a bunch of a previous version on another platform.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Semblance is a really nice puzzle-platformer.

It's got a good feel to it and areas are sectioned off in a way so that it's easy to just pick up the Switch and do a tree or two's worth of stuff in between other things.

Only minor nitpick so far is the green crystal shards that take away the dash. Losing a part of those nice controls is a bit frustrating.

Billiardball on
    Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
  • Options

@Seattle Thread

so do you have to make a japan amazon account?

• Options

@Seattle Thread

so do you have to make a japan amazon account?

Yes. Google Autocomplete helped a lot with getting each field correct, but then again, I did it all on mobile, so it's possible that the desktop site has more robust translation options

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Splatoon 2's Japanese Twitter account announced that Saltspray Rig is back!

• Options
    borschevskyborschevsky Registered User regular
    Yes. Google Autocomplete helped a lot with getting each field correct, but then again, I did it all on mobile, so it's possible that the desktop site has more robust translation options
    You can set the site to English here: https://www.amazon.co.jp/In-English/b?node=1094656

• Options
    @Seattle Thread @borschevsky

you two are alright!
    Thank you, your order has been placed.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Did the layout change a bit?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

I don't know, but once I found the 'enter an address in another country' selection, everything made sense

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular

Of Saltspray? I'd assume it'd need to be altered a bit, otherwise some of the Specials like the Inkjet have limited viability.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I played Wizard of Legend all day yesterday.

I hate you, Master Sura.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    I played Mario Kart and Splatoon yesterday with my new Switch Pro controller and this thing feels so good. I wanna play more games on my Switch just so I can use the controller.

Ugh why did I wait so long to buy this

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    because it costs one million dollars seventy dollars

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Oh, yeah. That.

• Options
    I got my first solo win in Fortnite on Switch with seven kills. By comparison, I'm trash at the game on PC and usually die with about 40 players left.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

Hori is putting out officially licensed left joycons with traditional d-pads installed

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    apparently can only be used in handheld mode though

• Options
    Also they eat battery life.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    If they put out right ones, too, I might pick those up. But having a normal gray right joycon, instead of a nice matching one would drive me insane.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Well they likely wont because most games use the left buttons for directional input.

• Options
    I wonder if they could just release a shell that goes over the Not D-Pad to become a D-Pad, like the Wii Remote condom.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    apparently can only be used in handheld mode though

That's weird.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    One week till Dead Cells! Woo!

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I can't make fun of him for that since I pronounce Zebes the same way he does

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I say it "Zeebs"
    I have no idea if this is correct

This discussion has been closed.