As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You play video games on a [Nintendo], right?

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I would rate it slightly higher than Kirby's Pinball Land

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    metroids, ranked:

Super Metroid
    Metroid Fusion
    Metroid Prime
    Metroid Zero Mission
    Metroid Prime 3
    Metroid Prime 2
    Metroid: Samus Returns
    Metroid 2
    Metroid

the spaces between most of these games are generally pretty small, though I would say there's a fairly significant gap between 2 and Samus Returns

I have chosen to leave certain games unranked

i dont have especially high attachment to super metroid just because I didnt play it until long after its initial release but otherwise I think I agree with that list

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    prime pinball gets its own special list where it's always number one, right above prime hunters and federation force

Prime Pinball is a great game though!

I don't have whatever gene you need to have in order to enjoy pinball

I actually really don't. Pinball FX bores me. Prime Pinball was to pinball what Mario RPG was to JRPGs to me; it added in just enough extra mechanics to occupy you instead of hitting a button and waiting
    I haven't actually played prime pinball, would you rate it higher or lower than pokemon pinball for the game boy color

Lower, but I love old Pokémon spinoffs

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    if allowed, I'd probably slot Hollow Knight and Shadow Complex in right below Prime 1, and Axiom Verge right above Samus Returns

Where do you slot in Guacamelee and Ori and the Blind Forest

And Mark of the Ninja and Outland and and and and

I love Metroidvanias

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I've spent SO much time in Metroid Pinball. I would rate it above Pokemon Pinball. For the longest time, it + the rumble pack were the only thing that lived in my DS.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i don't know if i'd qualify mark of the ninja as a metroid

liEt3nH.png
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Man what is all this shitting on Samus Returns. That game was fucking great.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Different people like different things and that's okay

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Then why do we even have these forums

2x39jD4.jpg
    i don't know if i'd qualify mark of the ninja as a metroid

Oh wait yeah that was level based wasn't it

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

don't get me, specifically, wrong, I liked it overall, I just didn't like the counter mechanic and aeon scanning. I very much didn't like aeon scanning sitting there on my touchscreen the entire game like a metaphorical giant red button labeled "remove all exploration from the game." I understand modern devs are deathly afraid of anyone getting stumped by exploration puzzles but the aeon scan button is Way Too Much.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    if allowed, I'd probably slot Hollow Knight and Shadow Complex in right below Prime 1, and Axiom Verge right above Samus Returns

Where do you slot in Guacamelee and Ori and the Blind Forest

Both are unranked

Guacamelee lost my interest pretty quickly and I haven't played Ori yet

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Bullshit!

LxX6eco.jpg
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Ori is real good. I really hope my PC can run 2

X22wmuF.jpg
    I hope the controls in Ori 2 aren't as floaty as 1. It's a great game but the platforming gets very frustrating due to the floatiness of the controls.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I wanted to love Ori so much, but yeah, the controls killed it for me

one of the few times I've used the Steam refund option

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    you know what

nintendo's alright

BahamutZERO.gif
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    you know what

nintendo's alright

I still haven't seen an apology for the decades of transphobic content that dates as recently as last year, so, I can't say I agree

cdci44qazyo3.gif

I bought Salt and Sanctuary

will report in a while about how it plays

Salt and Sanctuary is good.

X22wmuF.jpg
    turtleant wrote: »

And damn hard

I've leveled up 3 times, and I'm still on the first room

Xaquin wrote: »

And damn hard

What kinda build you doing?

I can tell ya from personal experience that str+two handed axes/hammers is very good. I eventually got to a point where I really only died from fucking up platforming.

I haven't run it but my understanding is magic starts out kinda rough but eventually clears a hump and just becomes easy mode.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Yeah, I ended up playing S&S with a twohanded magic-scaling greatsword and a combination of both classes of spells. Magic is really good in that game.

edited August 2018
    Xaquin wrote: »

And damn hard

What kinda build you doing?

I can tell ya from personal experience that str+two handed axes/hammers is very good. I eventually got to a point where I really only died from fucking up platforming.

I haven't run it but my understanding is magic starts out kinda rough but eventually clears a hump and just becomes easy mode.

I'm doing a hunter

so far, just using my whip since the bow has pretty bad range

the skill tree is so damn confusing

edit: and I'm restarting because I can't beat the sodden knight and used all my consumables

jesus what a chore

I thought Kollow Knight bosses were bad

Xaquin on
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Wario Ware Gold!

Waluigi must suffice with silver.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I really wish that Wario Ware game was on Switch.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

switch is the perfect platform for a warioware game

every time nintendo makes a mario party game, just think

they could have made a wario ware game

liEt3nH.png
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Naw, cause they generally farm out Mario Party to external devs but they do Wario Ware in house

resources are resources

liEt3nH.png
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I'd rather we get a proper warioland

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    edited August 2018
    Wario Party.

Come on Nintendo rip off Fortune Street. Not like Square Enix is gonna make any more.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Well they likely wont because most games use the left buttons for directional input.

Lots of games allow the use of left and right joycons as P1 and P2, though. Like, that was one of the big features in its early promotions.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    But then the d pad would be abxy not a directional input

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Actually the 3DS is--the games are small and simple so it's not held back by the small screen and is really conducive to just pulling out of your purse or pocket, playing for a few minutes and then putting away again.

The Switch is fine for it because there's literally no bad platform for WarioWare, but there's nothing about it that makes it implicitly good for it

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Actually the 3DS is--the games are small and simple so it's not held back by the small screen and is really conducive to just pulling out of your purse or pocket, playing for a few minutes and then putting away again.

The Switch is fine for it because there's literally no bad platform for WarioWare, but there's nothing about it that makes it implicitly good for it

Actually, the Switch is best for it because I have a Switch and I don't have a 3DS

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Ah but I have a 3ds but not a switch :)

PNk1Ml4.png
This discussion has been closed.