As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WWE is real bad. Indy [Wrestling] is real good.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Braun is an incredibly supportive tag team partner.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Well the DLC lineup for 2K was announced and there's still no Ciampa, Cross, or Kendrick.

What in the world

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    It's really so baffling.

For those curious the DLC is Ricochet, EC3, Dakota Kai, Bobby Lashley, Candice LaRae, Mike and Maria Kanellis, Lio Rush and Lacey Evans

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    It's really so baffling.

For those curious the DLC is Ricochet, EC3, Dakota Kai, Bobby Lashley, Candice LaRae, Mike and Maria Kanellis, Lio Rush and Lacey Evans

Also the War Raiders.

It's actually a really good set of DLC I just don't get the exclusions. Like you said, it's baffling.

Some people are holding out hope that they will be unlocked via that new tower mode thing but I dunno.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    It's really so baffling.

Also the War Raiders.

It's actually a really good set of DLC I just don't get the exclusions. Like you said, it's baffling.

Some people are holding out hope that they will be unlocked via that new tower mode thing but I dunno.

Oh yeah, forgot that one. I wonder if it was like how they left Almas out and there was various contract problems. Mainly the wrestlers asking for a bigger cut which is totally fair.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »

If she doesn't do an Eclipse off of Braun then throw this whole show in the garbage

OK, the show can continue.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Poor Rusev, won't put a title on the guy and for no gain they broke him up with his personal announcer.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Becky is hot af right now.

"You may touch the champ, and you may raise my hand. No? That's fine I didn't really want you to, I want you to put the title around my waist"

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Poor Rusev, won't put a title on the guy and for no gain they broke him up with his personal announcer.

Maybe an Aiden English singles run could be good?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    PWInsider says Rey Mysterio signed with WWE. 2 years, can opt out at 18 months

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I hope he goes to Smackdown

I'd like to see him against AJ and Bryan of course

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    edited September 2018

If she doesn't do an Eclipse off of Braun then throw this whole show in the garbage

OK, the show can continue.

Saw a gif of that and it was wild but I'm still surprised they let her keep that move when she signed. Looks like hell on the butt and hips.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    TJP vs Lince seems like the right match to kick off the new 205 Live. Dorado in particular has had some amazing singles matches in recent months.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Holy shit that Almas vs AJ match was wonderful. Almas is getting match of the night week after week.

That transition into the Styles Clash was gorgeous.

Also, Ride or Die Forever into main event glory with Becky.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    205 looks good this week and NXT has Richochet vs Pete Dunne which I'm excited about.

2ohWien.png
  • Options

The past 365 days have honestly made me like Cody so much, like I can't remember my opinion on someone going from so meh to so positive so quickly, and almost none of it is due to actual in-ring quality. I'm really excited for his future

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    It's amazing how, every time he's given the opportunity to shit talk anyone (WWE, inattentive fans, etc.), Cody chooses to take the high road and be positive. It's truly admirable.

I guess what I'm saying is, I want to be Cody Rhodes when I grow up.

CuvisTheConqueror on
    xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Well it helps that Cody isn't wrong there either. Fans only really give up on a match when the story telling sucks or the match is boring. Very few times have fans actively ruined a good match that wasn't pre ruined by the company long before that event happens.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I've absolutely attended shows live where the experience has been ruined for me because people hit beach balls around during a match I was enjoying.

Fuck beach balls. They actively hurt the show for other people in attendance.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Preacher wrote: »
    Well it helps that Cody isn't wrong there either. Fans only really give up on a match when the story telling sucks or the match is boring. Very few times have fans actively ruined a good match that wasn't pre ruined by the company long before that event happens.

Agreed completely

ed: Also I've made it no secret I'm a beach ball fan forever. I'm sad summer's over now, but if you wanna see another good instance of balls I recommend that 3 minute squash of KUSHIDA by Hiromu where the prematch brawl started with KUSHIDA diving off the top rope and somehow successfully kicking one of the giant inflatable balls back to the audience while in flight

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    I've absolutely attended shows live where the experience has been ruined for me because people hit beach balls around during a match I was enjoying.

Fuck beach balls. They actively hurt the show for other people in attendance.

Yeah while I agree with the general sentiment Cody is saying, fans can totally be the problem in a match or promo. It was shitty when the NxT crowd pulled the beach all out in the middle of the Bayzler v Cross match, as they were having a good match. The obnoxious countdown by the crowd during the Ziggler and Rollins match, which starts around the three minute mark (long before any bs happened in that match), completely distracting most people from the match. The absolute temper tantrum the Full Sail threw for the rest of the night when it was announced there was going to be a Takeover somewhere other than the Full sail arena. The extremely obnoxious “What?” chants that crowds do to fuck with someone trying to give a promo (usually regardless of how good the promo is). Etc.

Overall yeah, the crowd reaction is controlled by what’s happening in the ring and people’s feelings on it and that’s on the performers. But the crowd can totally derail shit regardless of its actual quality.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Don't forget the crowds that decided to deploy massive amounts of racism at Almas and Kairi.

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Don't forget the crowds that decided to deploy massive amounts of racism at Almas and Kairi.

?????

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Xehalus wrote: »

?????

At house shows, Almas on several occasions got "Build the wall" chants (I believe this also happened at a couple tapings as well) and Kairi got "Happy ending" and "Pearl Harbor" chants.

But hey, y'know, I guess those two should've been "more entertaining" I guess.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Well MyCareer at least looks weird now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81EVlR5Fh5I

(Also indie arenas)

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    That looks like exactly my kind of bullshit! Too bad that game's going to be terrible!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    My career in 2k18 was so fucking bad, like just doing the backstage stuff to get matches and quests and such was so shitty. And it ran super bad, like absurdly long load times.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    "Crowds are never the problem" is the same as saying "People are never the problem" and we all know enough about people to know that just ain't true.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Well MyCareer at least looks weird now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81EVlR5Fh5I

(Also indie arenas)

Woken Matt and Wyatt stuff sounds like it could be great, and I love that Braun is in this. It's super cool that there's actually a story this time instead of the generic become-a-Superstar thing they've been doing.
    I'm definitely excited to watch a let's play of it because I am not spending $60 lol

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    The game is still going to be hot trash but that at least seems greatly improved

Having an actual character you're playing as with a fully voiced story versus the grind filled text box nightmare they've done for 3 years is a huuuuuge improvement

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I just realized what if they did a MK Test your night style mini game of Braun flipping trucks.

• Options
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    I just realized what if they did a MK Test your night style mini game of Braun flipping trucks.

Just remake the "Oh my car" minigame from SF

Also the game kinda has the Tokyo Dome and Korakuen Hall

DnjxQuBU8AAF9DI.jpg

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    oh, I love Metropolitan Center

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
  • Options
    Where do you even get art assets like the ones they're using for the Wyatt Compound in 2018? It looks exactly like it was ripped from a PS2 game.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I want the tekken team to make a wrestling game

just look at king and imagine a whole game with them trying!!

https://youtu.be/2vILhethKRg

icGJy2C.png
This discussion has been closed.