Options

WWE is real bad. Indy [Wrestling] is real good.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Vince being taken out of the equation won't solve any of the REAL problems at this point though

Like the shows would probably be better in terms of the wrestling and plots but the behind the scenes toxicity like the Saudi Deal or bringing Hogan back is something all of the McMahons and HHH are down with and support so at best it would be like putting a fresh coat of paint on a mold-filled, rotten building

Are we sure anybody else actually supports that shit or is it just them going along with it because ultimately they have to?
    I am at work and don't feel like doing a deep research dive on it but I am pretty sure both Shane and HHH, at least, have made statements in defense of the Saudi deal

And also they have really no benefit of the doubt here given pretty much everything we know about them from literal decades of evidence

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Vince being taken out of the equation won't solve any of the REAL problems at this point though

Like the shows would probably be better in terms of the wrestling and plots but the behind the scenes toxicity like the Saudi Deal or bringing Hogan back is something all of the McMahons and HHH are down with and support so at best it would be like putting a fresh coat of paint on a mold-filled, rotten building

Are we sure anybody else actually supports that shit or is it just them going along with it because ultimately they have to?

As I recall Stephanie is basically continuing the legacy of Vince. Shane was supposed to be better for the wrestlers, but he was at Crown Royal so how much better is up for argument. HHH obviously has lost his damn mind.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

Blank did a good job covering the Saudi stuff. I'll cover the Hogan stuff: HHH said on a radio show literal weeks after the Hogan incident led to him being ousted that they'd welcome him back eventually and that he just needed time

Even if you find the reports that HHH called the locker meeting (that Vince was nowhere near the building for) at the PPV and told nobody it was for the Hogan reintro/apology, and that HHH said during the meeting that there were benefits to it and that the lesson to take away was "be careful of what you say because you might be taped/recorded" and not "don't be fucking racist what's wrong with you", hard to believe, I don't see how you could ignore what he said out of his own mouth on a public forum soon after the original incident happened (because iHeartRadio's audio archive system is poor the main link doesn't seem to work anymore, but the transcript still exists on WrestlingInc https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2015/11/triple-h-on-hulk-hogan-returning-to-wwe-604014/)

HHH and Hogan talked before this, they talked after this, they're friends. That's not something Vince made either of them do, nor did Shane or Steph or Linda play matchmaker

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Every person in the main event had the pull to not do the Saudi show if they didn't want (and Shawn def had no reason to come back except for the money) so yeah, fuck all of them.

Also WWE changed their cover photo on FB to Shane holding the trophy, which confirms at this point they're just one huge troll job.

• Options

This pretty much sums it up outside of Brock "I don't like gays" Lesnar becoming champ again

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Hunter ripped his tit doing the blood money show

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    lol

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Karma works fast sometimes, and all too slowly most times.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I don't think WWE booked this show

• Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    I don't think WWE booked this show
    Yes they did

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    And now we probably won’t have to sit through a 30-minute HHH match at Mania!

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Xehalus on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    The billionaire owner's son winning the title of "Best in the World" by inserting himself into the Whitest Worldcup Ever at the last second is somehow more surprising than one would think.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    That was one of the worst shows I've ever seen.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular

This pretty much sums it up outside of Brock "I don't like gays" Lesnar becoming champ again

At least Shane has gotten massively in shape, but how or why this ever came up as an option is beyond me. Then they wonder why no one is at a level where they can believably beat Brock Lesnar, when the middle-aged son of the owner defeats the super-in-shape, regular wrestler. Like if that was the culmination of a screw Austin storyline it'd make some sense, but it's not, and they're actively promoting the fact.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »

Haha holy shit stop putting this old lumps of meat on TV

"Wait, do I whip you or do you whip me? Fuck it."

I was watching and you can clearly hear Hunter say "Go this way" right before that, presumably to avoid where Kane and HBK are.

Also this show mostly sucked, I don't recommend it.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Oh god, I just realized that this World Cup nonsense is going to start a Shane/Miz feud that's going to run through Wrestlemania.

This is a terrible, dark epiphany.

• Options
    The only good part of that whole thing was hearing the entire commentary team shitting on Shane the whole time.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Network Sub cancelled, as much as I love the Women’s division and a few specific performers...I can’t give this company money in good conscience any longer,

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Pollock and Wai are good people. I believe I mentioned this previously but now that it's day of and there's a link to provide, it's worth mentioning again

They went 240 minutes and are donating $1200 to the Committee To Protect Journalists

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    So, I'm curious... Just how much propaganda was on the broadcast?

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options

They apparently kept that toned down this time according to deadspin, they even kind of hid they were in Saudi Arabia.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

By all accounts, little to none.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »

By all accounts, little to none.

Huh. That is surprising. I would have thought that MBS would want his money's worth.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    I think Cole said the name of the city and it was displayed in a graphic one time. That was it. There were the same uninterested guys in giant padded chairs as last time.

Spotting someone in a Bullet Club shirt was pretty amusing. Renee's outfit was also very...subdued and concealing, compared to her usual wear.

I hoped that Dean would show up to ruin Seth's match, which would've been more interesting than what we got.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I should go to bed so I can wake up in five hours for Power Struggle. Should be a pretty good show. I'm looking forward to it.

• Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I think Cole said the name of the city and it was displayed in a graphic one time. That was it. There were the same uninterested guys in giant padded chairs as last time.

Spotting someone in a Bullet Club shirt was pretty amusing. Renee's outfit was also very...subdued and concealing, compared to her usual wear.

I hoped that Dean would show up to ruin Seth's match, which would've been more interesting than what we got.

I think that servicing current storylines was the furthest thing from their agenda. The booking for this show was directed at a handful of Saudi aristocrats.

• Options
    It was a weird half and half mix, really. If they just wanted to entertain the people who wanted the DX main event, they probably wouldn't have bothered with Miz or Dolph, especially not Drew. And they would've made AJ just wrestle Orton or Big Show or something more immediately recognizable, instead of bringing Joe's story back.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

"Dex Dynamo" "Dyvim Tvar"

WWE over here straight up stealing the booking from Tri-County Wrestling with the Mummy King Of Machu-Pichu

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    I'm still just shaking my head from hearing about the booking yesterday. What real benefit is there to WWE for Lesnar to have the belt again? When is he going to defend it again, and put in any match worthwhile? He'll be wrestling a non-title match against Style in November. Bullshit he's gonna be at TLC, when is the last time he's been in three consecutive ppvs in a row? And he will be fighting in UFC either in January or March, so he's not gonna want to fight or put in much effort then if he does show up. So we are looking at him maybe carrying it into Wrestlemania with one defense. And the next match we get with him is against Styles, who is going to have to carry the match again into losing for the second year in a row most likely. When we could have had Styles vs Strowman, or even Bryan vs Strowman if the WWE hadn't doubled down on their bullshit.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

WWE over here straight up stealing the booking from Tri-County Wrestling with the Mummy King Of Machu-Pichu

Our mummy was definitely better.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    never die wrote: »
    I'm still just shaking my head from hearing about the booking yesterday. What real benefit is there to WWE for Lesnar to have the belt again? When is he going to defend it again, and put in any match worthwhile? He'll be wrestling a non-title match against Style in November. Bullshit he's gonna be at TLC, when is the last time he's been in three consecutive ppvs in a row? And he will be fighting in UFC either in January or March, so he's not gonna want to fight or put in much effort then if he does show up. So we are looking at him maybe carrying it into Wrestlemania with one defense. And the next match we get with him is against Styles, who is going to have to carry the match again into losing for the second year in a row most likely. When we could have had Styles vs Strowman, or even Bryan vs Strowman if the WWE hadn't doubled down on their bullshit.

Yeah I think we're due for at least two years of brock as champ a fucking gain. Its ridiculous how the WWE is harming their product actively.

I understand they couldn't plan for Roman's cancer coming back, but fucking anything but Brock would have been better.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    This is tonight if you have a subscription to Powerbomb.tv (or if you want one, thanks to Alvarez you can get a 20-day free trial with promo code CHOPMARKO )
    DrF7P9VUwAAk4kC.jpg

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    never die wrote: »

Yeah I think we're due for at least two years of brock as champ a fucking gain. Its ridiculous how the WWE is harming their product actively.

I understand they couldn't plan for Roman's cancer coming back, but fucking anything but Brock would have been better.

And Strowman is right there! He is an incredibly charismatic big man who the crowd loves to cheer for, and this was the perfect time to elevate him, and let Brock Lesnar lie fallow for quite a while so people could maybe want him back later.

• Options
    I am continually surprised they aren't pulling the strowman trigger. I don't know why they are hesitant to give him the push.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I am continually surprised they aren't pulling the strowman trigger. I don't know why they are hesitant to give him the push.

I've said it before but it's still so funny that after pushing big men no one liked they have one everyone is into and they just don't pull the trigger

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    That poster.....

Dann.
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

Our mummy was definitely better.

Has anyone ever come out as Bigfoot and claimed to be the Mum-may?

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
This discussion has been closed.