Options

WWE is real bad. Indy [Wrestling] is real good.

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    What's crazy is that they've sacrificed 99% of the roster at the altar of pushing Strowman and still won't pull the trigger on beating Final Boss Brock.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    If they'd not wasted Money in the Bank on Braun and then wasted Braun's Money in the Bank cash-in, someone deserving could've had a run-in to take the title and instantly get a fresh story-arc. The Universal title has been in existence for just over 2 years and Brock has been champion almost all of that. That's 2 years where no-one has had anything to do, since the IC belt was never treated very well while it was on Miz, and it's an afterthought even now on Rollins.

I don't think Braun is as over as some people think. He had a run there where he was murdering Roman every week and flipping ambulances, but then they started trying to make "get these hands" a thing, and had him simultaneously tag with a child and bury the RAW tag division. When he turned heel and joined McIntyre and Ziggler the reactions didn't seem as strong, still there but not as strong. That being said, with every build they have given him, he should have held the main title by now or A singles title, and not wasting MITB on someone who pulls down scaffolding on his opponents.

They've protected Brock so completely, that looking at the current WWE roster, there's noone who has been allowed to build a character/story that can topple Brock. Maybe Samoa Joe but they will never ever put the belt on him, AJ Styles but I think even will will get put under at Survivor Series, POSSIBLY Bryan in some David/Goliath style battle but I don't think they'd put the belt on him either right now. At the minute, short of a character turn around, you're requiring a faction like the Undisputed Era to come up and deal with him.

WWE just seems to have no patience building anyone anymore. They apparently want a big run with Mysterio because they're lacking a Latin star, when you've got Almas' great heel work right there, Sanity were immediately abandoned as well and that's the kind of faction that should be dominating a roster.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    never die wrote: »
    I'm still just shaking my head from hearing about the booking yesterday. What real benefit is there to WWE for Lesnar to have the belt again? When is he going to defend it again, and put in any match worthwhile? He'll be wrestling a non-title match against Style in November. Bullshit he's gonna be at TLC, when is the last time he's been in three consecutive ppvs in a row? And he will be fighting in UFC either in January or March, so he's not gonna want to fight or put in much effort then if he does show up. So we are looking at him maybe carrying it into Wrestlemania with one defense. And the next match we get with him is against Styles, who is going to have to carry the match again into losing for the second year in a row most likely. When we could have had Styles vs Strowman, or even Bryan vs Strowman if the WWE hadn't doubled down on their bullshit.

Yeah I think we're due for at least two years of brock as champ a fucking gain. Its ridiculous how the WWE is harming their product actively.

I understand they couldn't plan for Roman's cancer coming back, but fucking anything but Brock would have been better.

Strowman has been ready for a run with the belt for at least a year, but they refuse to pull the trigger on him. I used to think it was because of Roman, but now even without Roman in the picture, they still just won't do it. I cannot for the life of me understand why.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    They refuse to make anyone look like the absolute top guy unless that person is Roman or a part time nostalgia act.

And now with Roman gone, possibly forever, they still won't do it.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    ROH announced ZSJ vs Jonathan Gresham for Final Battle

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    They refuse to make anyone look like the absolute top guy unless that person is Roman or a part time nostalgia act.

I just don't understand why if they don't want stroman what they feel Brock gets them? Does the fandom love his absentee gassed champion shit? Like he's not a good worker, he's not a good mike guy, and he's a shit person in general. I don't see why they keep giving the people brock?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    I mean, loathsome as some of her views are and as much as she turned out to be a...well, not a paper tiger, but she was yet another example of someone in MMA being drastically overhyped because no one was able to figure out or overcome the weak points in their style, and then someone did and like two fights later she's, ah, decided to pursue a career outside of MMA...

...but regardless a lot of people still love Ronda Rousey. Perhaps it's her unabashed fangirlness for professional wrestling, or that she actually shows up to work, or that she's a conventionally attractive woman and they're doing their big "Stephanie McMahon personally revolutionized women's wrestling and made history all by herself by hiring people who were as good in the ring as they were nice to look at" thing.

In any case, I can still see why WWE are pushing Ronda, even if I think, regardless of who Ronda is as a person, it's just another example of the McMahons' inferiority complex towards other aspects of the entertainment business.
    I personally believe the McMahons--some more than others, but all of them feeling it--want to be seen as anything other than a bunch of glorified carnies
    This will not happen, because they cannot stop acting like glorified carnies
    . This is why WWE films started, why the XFL and WBF started, why they keep trying to rope in people from other industries who like pro wrestling and hoping some of their mainstream shine will rub off on them. Worst of all for this desire, the Attitude Era came right before the Internet fractured pop culture, so they achieved the apex of their mainstream penetration right before they were relegated into being just another niche interest. (I think Linda's political career is unrelated; she's just one of those asshole corporate execs who thinks that because she can help run a big company she should be running the world.) This is why, for that matter, they call it "sports entertainment" and not "professional wrestling".

And but so anyway: who do they think is still invested in Brock Lesnar at this point that they want to see him in WWE anymore? Brock is...to be kind, let's say not conventionally attractive. His role in pop culture outside of sports entertainment and sports is minimal; he doesn't even have limited movie appearances Ronda has, only a couple of cameos. In the realm of sports, he hasn't won a real fight where he didn't piss hot afterwards since 2010. On the pro graps side, he's awful at every aspect of the business except for chucking people into the third row. He clearly is disinterested and only turns up when they pay him a disgusting amount of money. (In fairness to Brock, good on him for bilking anti-worker scum like WWE for every penny they'll give him; ultimately, though, he's not doing it for solidarity, but because that's the amount of money he requires to drag his ass to a WWE show once every three months.) I would argue, given how much they spend on him vs., say, Strowman, Brock is a net loss for the company.

It baffles me, it truly does.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

I just don't understand why if they don't want stroman what they feel Brock gets them? Does the fandom love his absentee gassed champion shit? Like he's not a good worker, he's not a good mike guy, and he's a shit person in general. I don't see why they keep giving the people brock?

The people keep giving them money for Brock.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    it’s amazing how becky is the only good thing in wwe

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Holy shit, Becky has been low-key kayfabe heeling it the entire time!

While Becky is awesome, it's pretty sad the only good thing coming out of WWE to post in here is her twitter feed.

• Options
    I just found out today that a friend of the family (my little brother's former teacher) had a connection with Sheamus that is pretty awesome.

Her younger brother was born with a host of health issues that frequently hospitalized him and also led to some developmental disabilities. He just passed away about two weeks ago (he was 42 and doctors said he wouldn't live past 10). He loved WWE and Sheamus was his absolute favorite.

Not only did Sheamus meet him once she wrote a letter 2 years ago, but he also got him tickets every time they were in town AND called him to check in at least once a month.

It's nice to hear how the people putting on the matches are rad in times when the people running the show are being real shitbags.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Brock was better in the ring when this whole mess started. then either because of money purposes or laziness his matches are half as long and contain 5x as many f5s. it's frustrating. at least around his taker victory and that reign he was putting on, imo, good matches.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Brock was better in the ring when this whole mess started. then either because of money purposes or laziness his matches are half as long and contain 5x as many f5s. it's frustrating. at least around his taker victory and that reign he was putting on, imo, good matches.

As soon as "Suplex City" became a catchphrase, we were all doomed.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Whippy wrote: »
    you tell me buddy
    wrq0psalv37f.jpeg

It got better

h5ygBlU.jpg

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Juggalericho

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    Juggalericho

I get more post Thyroid issues Raven....when he was in his cover my body with clockwork orange cosplay to hide my health issues phase.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I think we've finally hit the breaking point on the whole 'Jericho can endlessly reinvent himself' thing.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    That's probably the best response you could hope for from him, to be fair.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Look if you want to jerk off to Ryback who am I to judge? Feed him more.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I really appreciate Jericho cosplaying as NOSAWA.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    ahhhh Baron please don't say "authority"

• Options
    AoP are tag champs?

• Options
    ok I really like Elias doing the interrupting instead

• Options
    Ugh Survivor Series. They really need to come up with something new instead of "prove we're the superior brand" or "better than the B show". If you lost in the previous 12 months then you're not the superior brand.

Oh and announcing a PPV rematch to start the show, yay.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/WMut2TM6kWo

This week on Being the Elite, we go behind the scenes of the Jeri-cruise, as the entire Jackson clan gets on a boat (WHERE’S MALACHI?!?) and gets victimized by some flying rats. Also Page gets wiped out, the Elite use some costume-appropriate wrestling moves, the Bucks and Marty may be developing a “Getting kicked by Flip” fetish (which, hey, no kink-shaming here), and Cody gets a visit from H.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options

He took one look at what they did to Nakamura and Asuka, and had wartime flashbacks to TNA letting Nash squash him and Yujiro with powerbombs in a 1v2 handicap in 5 minutes in the only relevant TV match he got to have that year of his US excursion

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I really hope he threw their contract over his shoulder and walked away.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    OMG guys it's happening (Smackdown spoilers, seriously don't read if you wanna avoid a debut)
    SmackDown Women's Champion Becky Lynch comes out to a pop and fires back at the RAW promo from RAW Women's Champion Ronda Rousey. Becky asks Ronda who the hell she thinks she is. Becky says Ronda isn't a champion yet because she hasn't had a real test. Becky says she is The Man and she doesn't care if Rousey is the baddest b---h on the planet because Becky will make Rousey her b---h at Survivor Series. Becky doesn't care about getting Ronda's respect in the match, only her arm. Becky issues an open challenge and the SAnitY music hits. Eric Young, Killian Dain and Alexander Wolfe come out. WWE NXT Superstar Nikki Cross is with them to a huge pop. They trade words on the mic and we have a match

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/YSkLyAqPwLk

It’s almost like Bandido knew Dyvim would question the German Suplex from N1 and decided to do two even-crazier ones on N3.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Do any of the non-WWE companies have a streaming app for PS4 yet? I have 9.99 a month free these days and wouldn't mind diving into some Japanese/American Indie/Lucha stuff, but hate having to watch on my PoS laptop.

• Options
    How I feel when I see people I like from NXT called up to the main roster...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GqCdZ_-RWVY

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Smackdown taping spoilers
    AOP vs The Bar at Survivor Series.

Holy shit, a festival of beef. HossCon 2018.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    Do any of the non-WWE companies have a streaming app for PS4 yet? I have 9.99 a month free these days and wouldn't mind diving into some Japanese/American Indie/Lucha stuff, but hate having to watch on my PoS laptop.

Not full-on apps but Powerbomb.TV, ROH Honor Club, Demand Progress, and GWN (TNA's service) worked for me with the browser when I tried. New Japan World works with Chromecast; I haven't tried All Japan or STARDOM but those companies use the same system for their service as New Japan World

If you're fine with doing stuff on the browser I'd say definitely give Powerbomb.TV a try! It's a good sample platter of some of all the stuff you mentioned wanting to get into (with 114 promotions total with at least one event each already available you should definitely be able to find something you like that justifies the price), there's two live-streamed events this week so you can almost immediately see stuff live if you're interested, and they always do promotional codes with companies and wrestlers that prolong free trials; New Wave Pro, a company joining the service in January, is giving away 20-day free trials to sample the service before they join with the code NEWWAVE

The live-streamed events this week: https://powerbomb.tv/schedule

Chikara: Don't Go To Sleep
    Saturday 3PM Eastern
    Card not known but that's about average for Chikara stuff especially closer to the end of their seasons where Anything Can Happen. This is also simulcast live on CHIKARAtopia for people who have that service but not Powerbomb

Glory Pro: Fear of the Dark
    Sunday 4PM Eastern
    Curt Stallion vs DJZ for the Crown of Glory title
    "Warhorse" Jake Parnell vs Puma King
    Myron Reed and Stephen Wolf vs Besties in the World for the United Glory tag titles
    Jake Something vs Paco
    Zachary Wentz vs Air Wolf
    Brian Pillman Jr vs AJ Gray vs Kevin Ku vs Clayton Gainz
    Brody King vs KLD
    Kobe Durst vs Tyler Colton
    Alpha Omega vs #NoNewFriends

• Options
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Rey/Almas and Nikki Cross debuting against Becky in the same night? You’re too good to me Smackdown.

• Options
    Sprout wrote: »
    Rey/Almas and Nikki Cross debuting against Becky in the same night? You’re too good to me Smackdown.

I'm happy to see Nikki Cross anywhere but debuting her against Becky seems...stupid? Like they booked themselves into a corner immediately where neither woman could afford a loss but of course Nikki's going to take it. Then the match only goes like 7 minutes. Also its pre-taped so the surprise was spoiled for a bunch of people...

It's like, how do you constantly create these problems for yourselves, no doubt realize it as your'e putting the show together and still go through with it?

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I absolutely get debuting Nikki at a UK show. It's a shame that she had to debut against the one person nobody wanted to see her beat (yet).

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Oh, and apparently Tyler Breeze is going to be on Mike and Jerry’s Magic the Gathering Show this week, because the world is a strange place.

This discussion has been closed.