As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WWE is real bad. Indy [Wrestling] is real good.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Debuting a talent with a loss has been and will always be fuckin stupid.

There are edge cases where it works(Sami debuting in the US open challenge for example) but it almost always kills any possible momentum right out the gate.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Rusev go fight Ciampa.

• Options
    AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    Like...I know as much as it sucks probably from a pay-cut perspective, I hope Rusev has some awesome matches in NXT and reminds people how absolutely awesome he is.

kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    It's okay it's not developmental anymore, that's Evolve now

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    It's okay it's not developmental anymore, that's Evolve now

Big Image
    jzzf9113fpw11.jpg

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

They railroaded themselves into a corner here as they've only got two shows to set up what is essentially a throw away PPV where nothing really matters and no titles are defended. It really should have had qualifying matches and undoubtedly Rusev should have been a part of the team.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Also both Miz and Bryan putting Shane on the team is insane reality warping and continues to stop anyone not at the top getting over. Same with Mysterio. I do like Miz and Bryan slowly falling in love though.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I feel like I should just not bother with WWE for a while after hearing that. Sheesh.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I feel like I should just not bother with WWE for a while after hearing that. Sheesh.

Just watch the Becky matches.

• Options
    I will say they handled the Nikki debut pretty much perfectly. The Sanity intro, they managed to get the fog right for her to come out of, and yeah she lost, but she got a competitive match against the champ who is going into a match with Ronda Rousey, and Nikki can take losses because her character is literally just someone who wants to fight and fight and fight. The only misstep was having her submit. I get the storytelling because they need to show the Disarmher is a threat, but Nikki Cross should not be submitting, they should have had her either pass out or have Becky use her finisher first and then apply the Disarmher on an unconscious Nikki so the ref calls it.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Man. I had thought that swearing off WWE would get more difficult as time went on, because match quality has been consistently getting better, and my anger would abate as Greatest Royal Rumble ended up in the rearview mirror.

NOPE

The only thing I have even a twinge of regret about is not being able to see Becky get her well-earned run at the top.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Becky has another finisher?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Becky has another finisher?

Yeah, I can't find the tweet but someone asked her about getting a non-submission finisher, and she said she has one and used it against one of the Bellas this year.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I know we're all talking about Nikki, but goddamn that promo Becky cut last night was the good shit. It was also tweener as hell, which is making me hope that finally the backstage actually gets what they have with Becky Lynch.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    I know we're all talking about Nikki, but goddamn that promo Becky cut last night was the good shit. It was also tweener as hell, which is making me hope that finally the backstage actually gets what they have with Becky Lynch.

They've pretty obviously stopped trying to fight against people cheering Becky. Even the bit last night where Miz gets aggravated that no one wants to talk to him about his dumb movie and instead want to talk to Lynch makes me feel like they get what they have in her.

Becky/Ronda should main event Survivor Series.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

I hope this means Rusev is gonna start writing his opponents' names on boards and then breaking them over his knee again

that ruled

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    can Cesaro go back too

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    It's amazing that WWE is so poorly managed that they just forget that they have guys like Rusev.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Also both Miz and Bryan putting Shane on the team is insane reality warping and continues to stop anyone not at the top getting over. Same with Mysterio. I do like Miz and Bryan slowly falling in love though.

Well, he is the Best In The World.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    LU Ultima Lucha finale was

a lot
    They introduced Vampiro's master, dude with a mask similar to Pentagon's, and they beat up Pentagon after his match
    Jack Swagger cashed in and is now LU Champion
    Taya got possessed by Ricky's creepy doll god
    Dragon Azteca and Black Lotus use the Gauntlet of the Gods to kill Matanza via Fatality, only for Swagger to come in, wreck Azteca and steal the Gauntlet
    Cueto, the FBI Agent, and Vampiro's master are in the Limo; Swagger comes back with the Gauntlet and we find out the leader of the Order is Wade Barrett

All of the Gods have now taken human form
    Aerostar takes the completed Immortality Pendant, places it on the corpse of Antonio Cueto and brings him back to life

• Options
    They're putting Cobb and Elgin back in a team for the World Tag League

????????

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Gedo doesn't understand why his hand keeps hurting whenever he touches a lit stove

• Options
    Gotta take off the headband

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    So, I'm seeing some speculation on why they gave Brock the belt instead of Braun.

One is that he might be working injured, while another suggests that a perpetual lack of locker room etiquette has been continuously leading to management cooling off on him shy of pulling the trigger.

I hate to say it, but I kind of hope it's the first -- seems less problematic.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The actual answer is to add hype to the cormier match

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The actual answer is to add hype to the cormier match

This is the worst available option of the 3 for WWE fans btw, because Brock/Cormier still has no date and that seems like the type of thing you definitely provide for a fight by now if it's supposed to be happening in January, so if that's The Purpose of him getting it back, he's holding it past the Rumble at least

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    They schedule the fight right after Mania. Brock isn't willing to risk getting injured for rassling. So the prestigious Universal Title(that was created 2 years ago) goes undefended at Mania.

• Options
    Multiple sites are reporting that the Raw overrun is dead as of this Monday. Thank goodness, that thing should have been history once Nitro died.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    Multiple sites are reporting that the Raw overrun is dead as of this Monday. Thank goodness, that thing should have been history once Nitro died.

It was effective for USA in goosing the numbers for whatever followed Raw, though. I’m honestly surprised USA would give up on that.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Gedo is no longer content to troll the fans, now he's trolling the talent as well.
    Truly a master of his craft.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Gedo is no longer content to troll the fans, now he's trolling the talent as well.
    Truly a master of his craft.

A whole other level, you might say.

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    I would absolutely love for Brock to have the belt for his UFC fight and just get absolutely clowned.

It's what everyone involved deserves.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I'm fine with RAW ending at a less predictable time but it was getting ridiculous with commercial breaks ten minutes after the show was supposed to end.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Backstage etiquette is one of those carny bs things that should have died a long time ago.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Stephanie McMahon says "there's no reason" WWE couldn't be as big as Disney in the next 10-30 years.

I can think of a few, Stephanie

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Can you imagine a WrestlingWorld ala Disneyworld though?

This discussion has been closed.