Options

Who Dares, [chat]s

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I remember one time I landed in Sydney and a thunderstorm juuuuuust rolled in as we landed, and the ground crew were required to not do some stuff while there was lightning potential, so we ended up stranded just outside the gates and unable to disembark for nearly two hours

Nearly missed the start of the Leonard Cohen concert because of that

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I remember one time I landed in Sydney and a thunderstorm juuuuuust rolled in as we landed, and the ground crew were required to not do some stuff while there was lightning potential, so we ended up stranded just outside the gates and unable to disembark for nearly two hours

Nearly missed the start of the Leonard Cohen concert because of that

I had the same thing happen but it was just as we left the plane. The terminal ahead of us was struck by lightning breaking a window so it went into some automated lockdown, we couldn't reboard the plane and eventually took shelter in some immobile airport buses

Later we were guided through a door that took is into the baggage hall after security. Security that day was hold your passport in the air as the crowd moved past an overwhelmed border control guy.

Then the motorways were blocked by fallen trees and I spent the following day trappedn my hotel unable to even get near the client site

Fun times

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i was once on a plane that was preparing to take off for, i don't. a couple hours at least? and for a while they wouldn't let any of us out of our seats, we'd separated from the jetway and they wanted us all seated. i'm a diabetic and when i have to pee, not being able to is more than just uncomfortable- i will eventually barf and piss myself lel. that was an unpleasant trip before we finally mutinied as a plane and just bum rushed the bathrooms.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I had a generally pleasant and interesting conversation with my roommate over drinks

I realized an hour in that he was already hammered when we sat down and I was just finishing my first cocktail while he had several

I'm usually the one, ah, ahead of the curve and it was an unsettling experience to see it from the other perspective

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Orphane wrote: »
    I think this probably doesn't hold true for most of us in chat. We don't need to journey down into the hole to find out what happened to Kana, she was kind enough to carefully document the process for us.

The fool...

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    You can bum rush the bathrooms whenever you want

The fasten seatbelts sign is basically a firm suggestion. They won't stop you.

I had a formative experience on a four hour flight as a teenager where they never turned the sign off. Now I have no respect for captains or their decisions

sig.gif
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    People have bona fide medical problems that require bathroom access and besides they don't want you pissing in your seat, so they're pretty forgiving towards people who need the bathroom during seatbeltsign

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    I only learned this reality later. At the time I was just afraid of being kicked off the plane for being disruptive which is what I’ve heard of happening but is probably actually uncommon

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I like hearing Lin-Manuel Miranda's voice in Moana.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Quid wrote: »
    Fact: Narwhal made the OP

Fact: The forums went down

The only reasonable conclusion is Narwhal is a witch

Does he have square stumps where his toes should be and pointy clawed fingers concealed by gloves and a bald scarred head from the wigs he wears?

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    Working on resume is v hard

• Options
    Is it weird and super obvious when you tightly tailor your resume for a job listing

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Is it weird and super obvious when you tightly tailor your resume for a job listing

Only if you include "went to Yale with your CEO. Kappa Delta Rho!" on it.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

It's expected!

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    ienCw4w.jpg

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

As a highly regarded expert in answering rhetorical questions,

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I like hearing Lin-Manuel Miranda's voice in Moana.
    Sometimes I fantasize about a Disney animated version of Hamilton. The fact that Miranda has worked with Disney in the past makes this scenario seem almost quasi-possible. I think animation might be the best way to adapt the play to film, and it would push and stretch what's possible with mainstream animated film. And I think it would make Disney eleventy billion dollars.

And it's probably never gonna happen

• Options
    Burnage now that I am officially overeducated and you have gainful employment at a tertiary institution we need you to secure funding for the first annual gathering of the League of Extraordinarily Incompatible Doctorates

Me and @Arch have a work-in-progress paper (that I may be making up right now) about the imagery and themes of insect life in Miyazaki's 'Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind' that needs a venue

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »

It's expected!

Hmmm ok

I don’t care if I look desperate/lame, I just want to do whatever to maximize my chances of getting jerb

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Orphane wrote: »
    I think this probably doesn't hold true for most of us in chat. We don't need to journey down into the hole to find out what happened to Kana, she was kind enough to carefully document the process for us.

The fool...

kpop says hi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7sHwg2Z21U

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    neco. . .

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Man this FF14 Behemoth event in MonHun is pretty intense lookin

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I’m on the early shift in work

That means I start before my boss arrives, so I showed up 10 mins late and ate a breakfast roll

Handing in your notice is the best

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Considering the mythwork underlying some of the oldest long texts are obsessed with character-levels, magic items and special abilities, maybe it's an early mode of human thoughting, and awful, anime-huffing Dungeons & Dragons-nerds are atavistic.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Started a shaman in WoW yesterday, not sure if I like the class yet, though to say in early levels.

Spontaneously I don’t like that the talent system is changed. There’s basically no manual leveling now, you just ding and you don’t stop what you were doing, that’s kind of boring.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Always lie on resumes, even if the truth would be more appealing to employers than the lie.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I'm a rude boy.

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Started a shaman in WoW yesterday, not sure if I like the class yet, though to say in early levels.

Spontaneously I don’t like that the talent system is changed. There’s basically no manual leveling now, you just ding and you don’t stop what you were doing, that’s kind of boring.

I think character boosts are worth it now. Or rather, leveling from scratch is not worth it if you have ever done it before. Takes ages and your class is probably missing key spells or talents until lvl90 or so. Unless they changed recently which maybe they have? I haven’t kept track but I know there was talk about it a few months ago

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Sparvy wrote: »

I think character boosts are worth it now. Or rather, leveling from scratch is not worth it if you have ever done it before. Takes ages and your class is probably missing key spells or talents until lvl90 or so. Unless they changed recently which maybe they have? I haven’t kept track but I know there was talk about it a few months ago

That might be something to do but I haven't played since long before Cataclysm, I think last might have been just before or just after Lich King came out.

And the second part is that I don't find high level play fun at all in mmo's weirdly, never have. The playing around while leveling and going from new place to new place is the only thing I like.

The talent system now appears to be the three branches but you can hot swap between them at any time, and they restrict spells to the one you've selected currently. The actual talent selection and trees are all gone.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    The talent system now appears to be the three branches but you can hot swap between them at any time, and they restrict spells to the one you've selected currently. The actual talent selection and trees are all gone.

Yeah, when they did that was when I lost interest in WoW.

FFXIV has the same general system but does it a lot better and is IMO the superior MMO nowadays.

• Options
    Ugh, I'm sleeping like crap with this heat and humidity. Been yawning for two hours straight at work.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    neco. . .

Goodbye...

https://youtu.be/7UTgzCb6JPg

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    6fd77341-fd96-4e27-8b33-3ac01f3a9472?fit=crop&q=80&w=2048

There was a special showing of Mission Impossible 6 at Prekestolen

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Kpop stans are wild.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Can it be lunch time soon?

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/bts-army-kills-kpop-radio-show/
    K-pop fans just shut down a Canadian radio K-pop special

A popular Canadian radio station has canceled its plan to launch a Korean pop music show after fans of one K-pop band revolted on social media.

BTS is arguably the biggest boy band in K-pop, with a devoted social media following in both Korea and the West. The fans call themselves “BTS ARMY,” and they made BTS the “top social artist” of 2017, according to Billboard.

Specifically, they want to block rival group EXO from catching back up. EXO debuted before BTS and dominated the K-pop charts for a few years—then, in 2016, BTS’ album Wings broke EXO’s records. EXO almost reclaimed the top spot with The War in 2017, and the social media war between ARMY and EXO’s fanbase, called “EXO-Ls,” has been raging ever since.

According to Asian Junkie, ARMY is upset at Hits 93 for planning to play other K-pop artists—possibly including EXO—when they feel BTS fans should be given sole credit for breaking K-pop in North America.

Wild.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Zephiran wrote: »
    https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/bts-army-kills-kpop-radio-show/
    K-pop fans just shut down a Canadian radio K-pop special

A popular Canadian radio station has canceled its plan to launch a Korean pop music show after fans of one K-pop band revolted on social media.

BTS is arguably the biggest boy band in K-pop, with a devoted social media following in both Korea and the West. The fans call themselves “BTS ARMY,” and they made BTS the “top social artist” of 2017, according to Billboard.

Specifically, they want to block rival group EXO from catching back up. EXO debuted before BTS and dominated the K-pop charts for a few years—then, in 2016, BTS’ album Wings broke EXO’s records. EXO almost reclaimed the top spot with The War in 2017, and the social media war between ARMY and EXO’s fanbase, called “EXO-Ls,” has been raging ever since.

According to Asian Junkie, ARMY is upset at Hits 93 for planning to play other K-pop artists—possibly including EXO—when they feel BTS fans should be given sole credit for breaking K-pop in North America.

Wild.

wHUAL7fl.jpg

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Fuck them

I’m never going to listen to BTS at all and boycott anyone who plays BTS now

fuck gendered marketing
This discussion has been closed.