As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[No Man's Sky] Pilotable mechs? Living ships!?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Anyone know what the crafted product inbetween the stasis device and the captured nanode is? I thought it was the Rememberance, but I finally got that blueprint and it was not it.

• Options
    So week 4 is bugged for me, as it's literally giving me week 3's quest again (labeled as week 3)

• Options
    nwrabenwrabe Insidious Squid Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Did week 3 ever come to PS4? I kept firing up the game every couple days, but there was no update or new quest as far as I could see.

Edit: Never mind. As soon as I got home there was the update and the week 3 quest.

nwrabe on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    So week 4 is bugged for me, as it's literally giving me week 3's quest again (labeled as week 3)

currently the events are tied to patches. so you had the week 3 event early (ie, on time) on the experimental build, and the console / mainstream players are just getting week 3 now with the release of 1.60.

seems like you'll get a new fourth event with the next build. not sure how long it's gonna be a tenable setup, but it's what we've got right now

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    bsjezz wrote: »

currently the events are tied to patches. so you had the week 3 event early (ie, on time) on the experimental build, and the console / mainstream players are just getting week 3 now with the release of 1.60.

seems like you'll get a new fourth event with the next build. not sure how long it's gonna be a tenable setup, but it's what we've got right now

I'm still on the experimental patch, so I dunno what's up.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The latest patch lets you choose from a few different body types, if you want to personalize your Traveller a little more.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Spoiler alert, the body shapes are
    Normal
    Normal short
    Normal tall
    Chubby
    And skinny

• Options
    Nah, one of them was like "Tall buff"

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Ooh, I like the new storage rooms on freighters, it was smart to have them link together too.

I'm most excited for the fix to tags while in exocrafts, that issue made searching for tech more annoying that it needed to be.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Ooh, I like the new storage rooms on freighters, it was smart to have them link together too.

I'm most excited for the fix to tags while in exocrafts, that issue made searching for tech more annoying that it needed to be.

What's this now?

-edit-

I checked the patch notes. Interesting...

I've had trouble building satisfying stuff on the freighter, this will probably help.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    The underwater base thing being filled with water is still a thing... :sad:

• Options
    Well, I did the event this week. First time I've played since they started them. Got me one of the helmets and some statues/decals.

Did Walkers get easier to kill?

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't know, I kill Walkers with my ship, lol

• Options
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Well, I did the event this week. First time I've played since they started them. Got me one of the helmets and some statues/decals.

If you have a full set up weapon and shield upgrades, they become trivial. Just blow off their 4 bits of leg armor, the 1 bit of head armor and fire like 3 grenades at the head to take them down.

But again, I have like A rank or higher for all my weapon stuff.

• Options

If you have a full set up weapon and shield upgrades, they become trivial. Just blow off their 4 bits of leg armor, the 1 bit of head armor and fire like 3 grenades at the head to take them down.

But again, I have like A rank or higher for all my weapon stuff.

That might be why, I've upgraded my Boltcaster/Shotgun weapons a ton since the last time I tangled with one.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Oh my god, I finally got a Vykeen Dagger, just one more to go.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular

Does that work for the Armorer quest? Could I just hop into my ship and blast it instead of running around trying not to get killed?

• Options
    Mayabird wrote: »

Does that work for the Armorer quest? Could I just hop into my ship and blast it instead of running around trying not to get killed?

Nope.

You have to do it on the ground without entering any buildings.

I'd abuse the shit out of the terrain tool, or start the quest somewhere where a few Sentinels are already floating around, so you can end it before having to kill the walker.

• Options

Nope.

I'd abuse the shit out of the terrain tool, or start the quest somewhere where a few Sentinels are already floating around, so you can end it before having to kill the walker.

I don't actually think it works this way.

It wasn't working for me so I looked it up and the amount of sentinals you kill isn't actually the way the quest marks as complete. It actually has to do with your "wanted" rating, and the only way to get it up to five to complete the quest is by killing 2 walkers.

But then I did that and got it up to 5 and it still didn't mark as complete for me so *shrug*

• Options
    #pipe wrote: »

Nope.

I don't actually think it works this way.

It wasn't working for me so I looked it up and the amount of sentinals you kill isn't actually the way the quest marks as complete. It actually has to do with your "wanted" rating, and the only way to get it up to five to complete the quest is by killing 2 walkers.

But then I did that and got it up to 5 and it still didn't mark as complete for me so *shrug*

It may have changed, but for me, it was kill 8 Sentinel forces. Can't go inside, can't enter a ship, they lose site of you relatively quickly.

I started it outside a factory with two dog units there, killed those, then killed everything that spawned after. At least at the time I did it, if you triggered them, Sentinel #8 would be the walker.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Wait, how am I supposed to start it somewhere else? The Armorer is at my base and the quest starts immediately when I step outside.

(Also the atmospheric harvester bug is really bothering me too. How am I supposed to get the nitrogen I need when it bugs out whenever I leave the planet or log off?)

• Options
    The quest starts when you leave your base

but the sentinels don't aggro until you attack one. You can go wherever you like.

• Options
    That quest is hella buggy, as I found out myself recently. I initially completed it after getting to five stars, but then the rating wouldn't go away until I died. I then reset because I forgot about death markers and didn't want one in the middle of my base, and instead I went to a depot and completed it while at four stars.

The connecting factor is that the game tagged the mission agent when I had killed enough, but didn't tell me.

• Options
    Wait, how am I supposed to start it somewhere else? The Armorer is at my base and the quest starts immediately when I step outside.

(Also the atmospheric harvester bug is really bothering me too. How am I supposed to get the nitrogen I need when it bugs out whenever I leave the planet or log off?)

Switch to a different active quest. Go somewhere with Sentinels. Switch active quest back over to the Sentinel thing.

• Options
    Week 4's event is up, and I was initially excited because it was something NEW, and not just "do a thing you've done a million times before; now do it a whole bunch more"

Look, there's even a model I haven't seen before!
    E6356AB2088CBC9767DEE1E61F56547DCE064CB8

Sadly, I got super confused as it appeared you were supposed to read a clue, and then aim a transmitter to one of three options, which were planets (or moons) in the system.. Except I don't think it took into account that they got renamed so I basically got it wrong, had to find another ring thing, get it wrong again and repeat like 3-4 times until the game took pity on me and just sent me to the station in the system. It mentioned that the data I collected was corrupted because I never properly aligned it but I'm not sure if that mattered.

Option portion was to just find six more of those rings. They gave me the same text each time, so it was pretty boring. Also the planet they're on sucked ass because there were those rock formations EVERYWHERE so you frequently took forever to land and multiple times the game just decided to diagonally land me FAR away because of how much shit was around. I feel like they didn't test this very well before shipping it.

• Options
    Ooh, I like the trees that have been added to the shop, hopefully they aren't too expensive.

Also, the next update is Exocraft focused, I will be keeping a close eye out for that.

• Options
    New Experimental Patch. Some major exocraft overhauls.

Added a new Exocraft, the Pilgrim. Purchase the blueprints for the Pilgrim Geobay from a Blueprint Analyser.
    Added an Exocraft Summoning Station that once built on a planet, allows all owned exocraft to be summoned from anywhere on that planet. Purchase the blueprints for the Exocraft Summoning Station from a Blueprint Analyser.
    Increased the inventory size of all Exocraft.
    Increased the base speed of the Colossus.
    Added upgrade modules for the Exocraft, similar to the modules available for ships, Multi-Tools + the Exosuit. Upgrade Modules are purchasable for Nanites from the Exocraft Technician once their quest chain is complete. Modifiable stats include top speed, boost power, fuel efficiency, gun damage and more.
    Expanded the Exocraft Quick Menu options to allow all owned and in-range Exocraft to be summoned, not just the current primary Exocraft.
    Added the ability to customise your Exocraft with unique paint, decals and boost particle options.
    Added specific technology to customise Exocraft handling, allowing drivers to spec their vehicles for grip or drift.
    Added a speedometer display to the HUD while driving an Exocraft.

Fixed a number of issues with vehicle races, particularly in multiplayer.
    Fixed an issue where Exocraft with laser upgrades could still not mine substances that required an Advanced Mining Laser.
    Fixed an issue where Exocraft could not mine terrain resources.

Improved the visuals when highlighting objects with the Analysis Visor.
    Fixed an issue where players could not lose a 5-Star wanted level.
    Fixed an issue that prevented the Blaze Javelin from firing while zoomed in with the Combat Scope.
    Fixed an issue where players who were on the other side of a portal at the launch of NEXT would see their portal return marker in an invalid position.
    Fixed an issue where NPCs could use the wrong audio.
    Fixed an issue where frigate cargo would be lost if inventory space wasn't available upon landing on the frigate.
    Fixed an issue where expedition upgrades were not refunded when the expedition was cancelled.
    Fixed an issue where players were unable to land on frigates owned by other people in multiplayer.
    Added the ability to cycle between frigates when viewing the fleet.
    Fixed an issue where freighters could not be purchased with other players on board.
    Fleets can now be seen from the planet surface.
    Added display of planetary coordinates to starship dashboard.
    Fixed a number of issues with player position being saved incorrectly while on the other side of a portal in multiplayer.
    Fixed an issue that caused players returning to a Base Computer via a teleporter to spawn inside the Base Computer mesh and be violently ejected.
    Fixed an issue where players were being asked to build a beacon for the Base Scientist but didn't know the blueprint.
    Fixed an issue that caused missions given by planetary NPCs to use a Trade Outpost for hand in rather than the NPC that gave the mission.
    Fixed an issue that could cause Delivery missions to require the wrong substance at the hand-in step.
    Fixed an issue that could cause missions that involved bribery to request an invalid item as the bribe.
    Fixed an issue that could cause the Atmosphere Harvester to collect an invalid substance on specific rare biomes.
    Fixed an issue that could cause Atmosphere Harvesters (and other similar remote gathering technology) to run out of fuel and empty its collection hopper when the player left the system.
    Fixed an issue that could cause Automated Mining Units to mine an incorrect substance from terrain resource deposits.
    Fixed an issue that caused base building warning messages to be displayed immediately after correctly constructing a building.
    Fixed an issue that caused the 'Find nearest building' signal booster option to find only buildings of the same type as the nearest building.
    Starships will now be placed upon available landing pads when teleporting back to the player's base.
    Fixed an issue that could cause players to be ejected through their freighter's hanger when leaving some tall Exotic ships.
    Fixed a number of other issues affecting starship landing and collision.
    Fixed an issue that could allow multiple starships to be docked on the same landing pad in multiplayer.
    Non-primary player ships are returned to the freighter when the freighter is called in, preventing them becoming permanently lost or broken.
    Further improved the system to remove irrelevant bases from the teleport list.
    Fixed an issue that could cause starship engines to sound too loud.
    Fixed an issue that could cause the camera to swing wildly when launching the starship.
    Prevented Quick Menu hotkeys from taking effect while other UI panels are open (eg during text chat).
    Fixed a crash related to the Quick Menu.
    Fixed a crash in AI ship behaviour.
    Fixed a crash in the terrain system when reloading an autosave.
    Fixed an issue that could cause poor performance on the Discoveries menu.
    Fixed an issue that could cause excess memory usage on some AMD systems.

Thank god for that landing pad change.

Curious if the frigate thing means when you're looking to hire frigates.

• Options
    So I logged in over the weekend to do the event. I did it once... I don't think going to bother doing it a few more times. It's somewhat time consuming.

Also... I swear I had the advanced mining laser installed... did they change something? Because now I don't.

• Options
    New Experimental Patch. Some major exocraft overhauls.

snip

Curious if the frigate thing means when you're looking to hire frigates.

Hell yeah to those changes - mining issues, efficiency and customisation were the big things on my Exocraft wishlist. Also, I'm curious what role the Pilgrim will fill.

As for the frigate thing, I assume that is referring to viewing your own fleet, as you have to back out and click on the next ship every time.

• Options
  • Options
    Quick extra patch
    Fixed an issue where the Race Initiator was unavailable for purchase at the Blueprint Analyser
    Fixed a performance issue with terrain generation
    Fixed an issue where Geobays could only be built on terrain
    Fixed an issue where players would be ejected into the roof of their freighter when exiting tall Exotic starships

• Options
    So close, No Man's Sky. So close.

858B4243B4D10D1CA317E768817AE2FFCD0F43BE

• Options
    #pipe wrote: »
    Also, I'm curious what role the Pilgrim will fill.

https://youtu.be/sUel-2YSfYc

Yep, that'll do.

• Options
    Another quickie patch
    Latest changes on Experimental (03/10):
    Fixed an issue that caused the Exocraft Summoning Station not to work if there wasn't a Geobay in the system.
    Fixed an issue that could cause ships being teleported to landing pads to appear underneath the landing pad.
    Fixed an issue where an incorrect icon was being used on the new Exocraft tip.
    Fixed an issue that could cause a stutter when using the Analysis Visor for the first time.
    Fixed an issue affected shared race tracks.

Okay, it works now. :)

• Options
    Is there no event this week?

• Options
    Is there no event this week?

Correct.
    Specialist Polo is dedicating this week to analysing the collected data before determining the next chapter of their research project. The galactic co-ordinates reported by their Explorer-Friends require thorough investigation, and the trace of another Traveller-Entity beyond this reality suggests the recent galactic changes may have wider-reaching impact than is yet understood…

Update is live.

• Options
    TBH I am not super stoked (nor really disappointed) for any particular thing for this update. With one exception.

The fact that they are making the exocraft more customizable suggests they did it as a trial run before making ships more customizable. Which I would be very happy about. Here's hoping they learned a lot on that front.

• Options
    Nooo, why would you give me 4 different exocraft, but only the number 1-3 to paint on them? The summoning station looks cool on top of a room, at least.

Also, the next update is on the next community event and quality of life changes, I really hope that better function swapping on your multi-tool/starship is on that list, as there is no way I'm adding more weapons until that happens.

• Options
    Hey, where are they posting info about upcoming updates?

• Options
    https://www.nomanssky.com/news/ It's nestled amongst the latest update article.
    Patch 1.63 is live on all platforms today, with the patch notes available below. The next update will see the continuation of Polo’s research missions, as well as high priority quality of life improvements throughout the game.

In the meantime, we are keeping up the pace here as we work towards another large update. Hopefully we’ll be able to share some previews of that ahead of time!

Thank you so much,
    Sean