Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[DEAD THREAD] Caves of Phalla

1356789

Posts

  • GnastyGnasty Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Last Son wrote: »
    Heh, I just realized that certain people are lying their asses off amongst the living, and it likely means that the village is fucked.

    Also, Darn you Gnasty! I can't tell you why, so just trust me that you deserve it.

    Tell me why! It's because I'm just too awesome and you're completely devastated that you were killed off early, right?

    Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Gnasty I just want to say this Phalla looks really well set up and I wish I had seen the signups in time. It's a shame there's been so much inactivity.

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    Last Son wrote: »
    Heh, I just realized that certain people are lying their asses off amongst the living, and it likely means that the village is fucked.

    Also, Darn you Gnasty! I can't tell you why, so just trust me that you deserve it.

    Tell me why! It's because I'm just too awesome and you're completely devastated that you were killed off early, right?

    If I tell you will I be resurrected?

    It is partially because I was killed off early(/shakes fist at tehspectre), but also because you used a mechanic that I really wanted to use in my game. I'll probably go ahead and use it anyway though, since there should be 2 months between the games.

    Last Son on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    edit: far worse things have been revealed in the dead thread before.

    Certainly, but it's not necessary to contribute additional information, especially due to the earlier suspicions that a living player might be reading this thread.

    Squashua on
    humebackgroundcj5.jpg
    [size=-2]WII 8980 7585 1015 3348 BRAWL 3909 7191 9283 STRIKERS 124661 822404[/size]
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    edit: far worse things have been revealed in the dead thread before.

    Certainly, but it's not necessary to contribute additional information, especially due to the earlier suspicions that a living player might be reading this thread.

    But, those suspicions proved to be completely unfounded...

    FunkyWaltDogg on
    Burnage wrote:
    FWD is very good at this game.
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2007
    They actually havent been proven either way.

    Unknown User on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    They actually havent been proven either way.

    Well, I suppose you're right, but what I meant was that the reason a living player was suspected of reading this thread turned out not to be a reason at all.

    FunkyWaltDogg on
    Burnage wrote:
    FWD is very good at this game.
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Oh ho! Well well well. Wellity Wellity Wellity.

    Good job, Cult-buddy!

    How many gnomes do you guys think are left? There can't honestly be that many, can there?

    This could come down to the wire...

    EDIT: Also. Precisionk? Cherub?? The mind boggles at the improbability.

    GrimmyTOA on
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User
    edited May 2007
    I'm disappointed that the Cherub never even got to use his power. :( Maybe if he had actually been here the first two days he could have spiced things up.

    Every time I post a narration I worry that I accidentally screwed up someone's kill order and I'm killing the wrong person and revealing their role and everything. It's stressful.

    Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • AdrienAdrien Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    I'm disappointed that the Cherub never even got to use his power. :( Maybe if he had actually been here the first two days he could have spiced things up.

    Doesn't seem like the first time. This inactivity is lame.

    Adrien on
    tmkm.jpg
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2007
    Gnomes have been completely shafted by inactivity and "luck" by TS.

    Unknown User on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I wonder what the kill conditions for the wraith are, he seems ridiculously powerful.

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User
    edited May 2007
    I'm very interested in how TS is doing what he's doing. And yeah, inactivity really hurt the Gnomes. You guys are getting destroyed.

    Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Holy crap yes. Losing our thrall and Fish totally blows.

    Hi dead people. I object to the thread title, I was not a victim of gnomish terrorism.

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    I think that I died because I made a post which said, essentially, Fucking gnomes and their Napoleon complexes.

    Kind of dumb of me. Of course the little freaks are going to take umbrage at that. :P

    I like this game though. Peppy. Quick.

    You got targetted because of my amazing first night skillz. I couldn't pick another special out to save my life though.

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    DA you had me fooled.

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It was fun watching you go for it DA. I knew you were a gnome the whole time, so it was extra fun to watch.

    Wonder how spectre decided to kill life3 though, must've been seered or something.

    Inquisitor on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I have a strong suspicion as to who the other cultist is.

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User
    edited May 2007
    I'm excited for the post-game thread.

    Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    I hope so too. It does seem a bit suspicious, timing-wise. Of course, if no suspects had come to light, (and I had lived) I was planning to bandwagon Devoutly Apathetic to death for his gnome avatar. Of course, that would have fallen about equidistant between suspicion, playfulness, and wanting to kill the good players off ASAP.

    Yea, the avatar thing is kinda silly. BTW my avatar was up like this before Role PMs were even handed out, I just wanted to parade David the Gnome around the forums for awhile.

    Oh, and that last bit is entirely the real reason you died. I totally should have gone for Ardor as well. I never kill Ardor soon enough.

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • AdrienAdrien Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Holy crap yes. Losing our thrall and Fish totally blows.

    Hi dead people. I object to the thread title, I was not a victim of gnomish terrorism.

    I made you when you said you were planning on retracting your vote for me. Having it confirmed, I'm sorry I didn't go the whole ten rounds, but I just didn't have the energy. Well done, sir.

    Up until the whole death thing, I guess :P

    Adrien on
    tmkm.jpg
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Adrien wrote: »
    Holy crap yes. Losing our thrall and Fish totally blows.

    Hi dead people. I object to the thread title, I was not a victim of gnomish terrorism.

    I made you when you said you were planning on retracting your vote for me. Having it confirmed, I'm sorry I didn't go the whole ten rounds, but I just didn't have the energy. Well done, sir.

    Up until the whole death thing, I guess :P

    Honestly, I would have. That goes even for if I was a normal villager. If you were going to do what you did you should have fully committed and just outed yourself. Half in and half out just isn't very convincing.

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • AdrienAdrien Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Adrien wrote: »
    Holy crap yes. Losing our thrall and Fish totally blows.

    Hi dead people. I object to the thread title, I was not a victim of gnomish terrorism.

    I made you when you said you were planning on retracting your vote for me. Having it confirmed, I'm sorry I didn't go the whole ten rounds, but I just didn't have the energy. Well done, sir.

    Up until the whole death thing, I guess :P

    Honestly, I would have. That goes even for if I was a normal villager. If you were going to do what you did you should have fully committed and just outed yourself. Half in and half out just isn't very convincing.

    Yeah, well, that was the plan originally. Like I said, I just didn't have the energy. I was getting all wrapped up in it, you know, emotionally, and I realized it really wasn't worth it.

    But since we're chatting anyway... I went over that post a couple times and it basically convinced me you were a gnome. Whether it was what you said, how you said it, or just something I read into it 'cuz you were trying to kill me... I can't rightly say. Either way, I figured if no one but me saw it you probably deserved to live anyway. Fair is fair.

    Adrien on
    tmkm.jpg
  • Anthrax! Please.Anthrax! Please. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I am sure that everyone hopes that their first phalla will result in them not dying in the face. However, I died in the face. Sad sad day.

    We don't get to say anything that might indict the living we worked with, right?

    Why the fuck did I die?

    Anthrax! Please. on
    - Signature Code -
  • life3life3 Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Wonder how spectre decided to kill life3 though, must've been seered or something.

    That's what I'd like to know!

    HELLO DEAD THREAD

    life3 on
    HOW APPROPRIATE [URL="aim:goim?screenname=skullc0rp"]YOU[/URL] FIGHT LIKE A COW
  • Anthrax! Please.Anthrax! Please. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    life3 wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Wonder how spectre decided to kill life3 though, must've been seered or something.

    That's what I'd like to know!

    HELLO DEAD THREAD

    I was soooo close to voting for you. But I didn't think it'd do anything. And TehSpectre ate your face anyway. I actually typed out !vote life3, then I deleted it... I was thinking 'oh man let's not rock the boat or anything, this is your first time phallaing'. You fucker.

    Man. Is that irony? TehSpectre? Ancient spirit? Killing powers?

    Anthrax! Please. on
    - Signature Code -
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Adrien wrote: »
    Adrien wrote: »
    Holy crap yes. Losing our thrall and Fish totally blows.

    Hi dead people. I object to the thread title, I was not a victim of gnomish terrorism.

    I made you when you said you were planning on retracting your vote for me. Having it confirmed, I'm sorry I didn't go the whole ten rounds, but I just didn't have the energy. Well done, sir.

    Up until the whole death thing, I guess :P

    Honestly, I would have. That goes even for if I was a normal villager. If you were going to do what you did you should have fully committed and just outed yourself. Half in and half out just isn't very convincing.

    Yeah, well, that was the plan originally. Like I said, I just didn't have the energy. I was getting all wrapped up in it, you know, emotionally, and I realized it really wasn't worth it.

    But since we're chatting anyway... I went over that post a couple times and it basically convinced me you were a gnome. Whether it was what you said, how you said it, or just something I read into it 'cuz you were trying to kill me... I can't rightly say. Either way, I figured if no one but me saw it you probably deserved to live anyway. Fair is fair.

    Eh, I can't really say you didn't see anything in that post as you obviously did. I tried to be as reasonable as I could be and I don't post any different between when I'm evil and when I'm not. Your plan really did look pretty bad to me.

    The only advice I'd give you is that if you get a gut feeling like that stick by them. I'm very intuitive and while it didn't help me much this game I usually pick out one or two opposing specials by the end of the game. If you can find any evidence backing you up and you stick to your guns you can practically bandwagon anybody.

    If you're wrong though...well don't expect to be posting in the main thread for long...

    Now when TormentedSoul posted right after me saying "Me Too!" I was *so* pissed. When he died soon afterwards? Uh-oh.....

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • LocusLocus Trust Me AlbanyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    If you can find any evidence backing you up and you stick to your guns you can practically bandwagon anybody.
    Seriously Adrien, this statement is so true. I nearly got Plutonium voted out because of one dinky little line that he wrote. And I wasn't even trying to bandwagon him. People just latched on for whatever reason. It is not very difficult at all to sway the mob if that's what you really want to do.

    Locus on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    WTH is D00D going on about in the main thread? It's like he doesn't know what random generation means.

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    WTH is D00D going on about in the main thread? It's like he doesn't know what random generation means.

    He might. Alot of people have a really skewed view on statistics and the way averages work. Some people swear that because of averages there shouldn't be large gaps like that in randomly assigned things, which really makes no sense. Just like someone will say "This coin keeps landing heads, it will have to land tails soon!"

    Inquisitor on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    WTH is D00D going on about in the main thread? It's like he doesn't know what random generation means.

    He might. Alot of people have a really skewed view on statistics and the way averages work. Some people swear that because of averages there shouldn't be large gaps like that in randomly assigned things, which really makes no sense. Just like someone will say "This coin keeps landing heads, it will have to land tails soon!"

    Yea, maybe. It just gets me cause there are equally large gaps of just humans in more suspicious places. (Check out the end of the list. No specials anywhere in the revealed roles.)

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Anthrax! Please.Anthrax! Please. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    FUCKING GNOMES. TELL ME WHY YOU KILLED ME. TELL ME.

    Anthrax! Please. on
    - Signature Code -
  • AdrienAdrien Registered User
    edited May 2007
    The only advice I'd give you is that if you get a gut feeling like that stick by them. I'm very intuitive and while it didn't help me much this game I usually pick out one or two opposing specials by the end of the game. If you can find any evidence backing you up and you stick to your guns you can practically bandwagon anybody.

    If you're wrong though...well don't expect to be posting in the main thread for long...

    Now when TormentedSoul posted right after me saying "Me Too!" I was *so* pissed. When he died soon afterwards? Uh-oh.....

    That is good advice, which I might have done well to have heeded earlier. I don't know if I'll be taking part in another phalla though; It doesn't seem to suit my temperament.

    Adrien on
    tmkm.jpg
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    FUCKING GNOMES. TELL ME WHY YOU KILLED ME. TELL ME.

    Sorry, tonight is the only night where I didn't decide the kills. I can't help you.
    Adrien wrote: »
    The only advice I'd give you is that if you get a gut feeling like that stick by them. I'm very intuitive and while it didn't help me much this game I usually pick out one or two opposing specials by the end of the game. If you can find any evidence backing you up and you stick to your guns you can practically bandwagon anybody.

    If you're wrong though...well don't expect to be posting in the main thread for long...

    Now when TormentedSoul posted right after me saying "Me Too!" I was *so* pissed. When he died soon afterwards? Uh-oh.....

    That is good advice, which I might have done well to have heeded earlier. I don't know if I'll be taking part in another phalla though; It doesn't seem to suit my temperament.

    Yea, well the first time is more involving than the next. This is also slightly odd with the multiple factions. They really distort the basic gameplay. Though the end of the day you've just got to decide if you enjoyed yourself or not.

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • life3life3 Registered User
    edited May 2007
    I was soooo close to voting for you. But I didn't think it'd do anything. And TehSpectre ate your face anyway. I actually typed out !vote life3, then I deleted it... I was thinking 'oh man let's not rock the boat or anything, this is your first time phallaing'. You fucker.

    2nd time actually. If it helps calm your seething hatred for me, I was for killing you all the way tonight.

    8-)

    life3 on
    HOW APPROPRIATE [URL="aim:goim?screenname=skullc0rp"]YOU[/URL] FIGHT LIKE A COW
  • Anthrax! Please.Anthrax! Please. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Whyyyyyyy? What'd I do? Waaah!

    Anthrax! Please. on
    - Signature Code -
  • LocusLocus Trust Me AlbanyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Sorry, tonight is the only night where I didn't decide the kills. I can't help you.
    Then can you tell me why I died?

    Locus on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Holy crap yes. Losing our thrall and Fish totally blows.

    Hi dead people. I object to the thread title, I was not a victim of gnomish terrorism.

    Fixed.

    FunkyWaltDogg on
    Burnage wrote:
    FWD is very good at this game.
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Holy crap yes. Losing our thrall and Fish totally blows.

    Hi dead people. I object to the thread title, I was not a victim of gnomish terrorism.

    Fixed.

    I totally am not seeing what you changed. I bloody well went back to that post and reread it. Then I copy and pasted each next to each other and previewed it to get the formatting right....I still don't see it.
    Locus wrote: »
    Sorry, tonight is the only night where I didn't decide the kills. I can't help you.
    Then can you tell me why I died?

    Uhm...well... cause you had no connection to me, you always seem to live into the late game and I had no other ideas?

    Sorry. I know it's a sucky reason to find out you died. I hate dying when I didn't screw up but it sometimes happens.

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Still annoyed at being killed on night one, before I even got a chance to check the thread (was without internets that day). On the other hand, I wouldn't have had time to play as actively as I normally do so... meh. Damn gnomes.

    Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.