As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Spider-Man] Speeder and Miles Webs Prower 10/20/23

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I'm curious if the Wolverine game will tie in to the same game universe.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I'm more than a little annoyed I'm gonna need a PS5 for Wolverine

But by the time any of these games are out hopefully they'll actually be like... Available

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I think I heard some speculation that inventory is gonna be tight on the new consoles until maybe 2023. Considering the SM2 trailer said 2023, and Wolverine didn't even have a year, I'm guessing we won't see his game until 2024.

-Loki- wrote: »
    I'm curious if the Wolverine game will tie in to the same game universe.
    It could be nothing, or even just an Easter Egg, but there's a sticker on the fridge in the Wolverine teaser that has the number 1048 on it. Earth-1048 is where Spider-Man PS4 takes place within the Marvel multiverse.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Anything with a chip is supply constrained right now. The supply chain is in absolute tatters, and electronics have been hit especially hard. I ordered some new Dells for work about a month ago, they're still "preparing" them. Not even started building them yet.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

But by the time any of these games are out hopefully they'll actually be like... Available

I'm hoping by the time there's some games for it, there'll be a Slim version out that looks like a plain black box and not whatever the fuck aesthetic the launch one is.

Oh brilliant
    Target had just restocked PS5s and I got one in the cart... And I said nah. I can't buy a 500 dollar system for two games coming out in 2-3 years. I can wait. Besides, a Spidey or Wolverine console would be very cool

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Yeah, the chip shortage is real. Tons of industries are mega affected by it. The automotive industry is in complete disarray right now. They can't finish cars, because they can't install the controller chips. Final Fantasy XIV is having a massive success boom right now, and they need more servers to accommodate all the new players coming to the game, but they literally cannot buy the hardware they need because of the chip shortage. XBox and Playstation inventory is way down. Even the Nintendo Switch, which saw an incredible boom at the start of the pandemic, and Animal Crossing took over the world, they're not selling nearly as many Switches as they could be, because of chip shortages.

It's a big problem.

Honestly, if you can get your hands on a console, you should do it, because who knows when the opportunity might come by again. A Spidey themed console would be neat, but special limited run hardware will be even more in demand, and even harder to acquire than the standard models. If you think getting a normal PS5 is hard, wait until a special edition run.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    There were a couple of times when I had a PS5 in the cart in the past months and decided against it cause I didn't REALLY need a PS5.

At this point though, I think if I get the chance I'm going to go through with it, since who knows when they'll be available. And with supply constraint as it is, I aint seeing price drops on the new systems for a good long while.

I'm hoping by the time there's some games for it, there'll be a Slim version out that looks like a plain black box and not whatever the fuck aesthetic the launch one is.

I absolutely love that the PS5 isn't yet another boring black box.

I've got a Series X, PC and Switch so I'm not hurting for it, it's pretty much just these Marvel games I want a Sony console for

I bought a PS4 Pro pretty much just for Spidey. Think I'll suck it up and just buy Miles Morales on that and wait until I can just walk in and buy a PS5. I'm not hurting for games to play with game pass.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »

Same, but this thing is HUGE. Way too huge. It's ridiculous how big it is.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    It's big but it's quiet. After being able to hear if my PS4 was on from several rooms away, I know which I prefer.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I'm just holding out for actually decent storage.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Dirty wrote: »

Same, but this thing is HUGE. Way too huge. It's ridiculous how big it is.

Yeah, it's pretty big, but a smaller model isn't going to make any difference on my TV stand unless they got it down to a PS2 Slim level of tiny.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I’d be shocked if they managed a slim model. Watching a tear down, it’s about 80% heat sink.

Without drastic improvements to the hardware they really can’t make it slimmer.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I’d be shocked if they managed a slim model. Watching a tear down, it’s about 80% heat sink.

Without drastic improvements to the hardware they really can’t make it slimmer.

There's actually some debate on that issue right now. There's a new model revision released, and the only change is that... like 40% of the heatsink has been ripped out. Nobody quite yet though knows what to make of it. It could mean the new PS5 is more efficient at cooling. Or it could mean they were too cautious with the initial design and after a year of testing now know they can safely scale back a bit.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2023
    Probably a good time to revive this bad boy.

91 on opencritic with a whopping 99 reviews locked in.

100% recommended.

We are in for a real good time this weekend!

After the last two I'm honestly so very excited to see how the story unfolds. And I've managed to see so very little about the game and been completely spoiler free.

DemonStacey on
  • MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    I'm super excited!

Hopefully this game gets a set of DLC like the first game. What are the chances they add Gwen for the third game? Just add a new Spider-Person every numbered entry. Spider-Man 4 brings in Ben Reilly.

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Mancingtom wrote: »
    I'm super excited!

Hopefully this game gets a set of DLC like the first game. What are the chances they add Gwen for the third game? Just add a new Spider-Person every numbered entry. Spider-Man 4 brings in Ben Reilly.

Sorry, I demand either Spiders-Man or Man-Spider. Whichever they can render in the most horrifying way possible.

I'd take a separate DLC set in the 1930's with Spider-Noir.
    Just as long as his coat constantly blows in the wind, even when there is no wind.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Spiders-Man vs Swarm

• MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    Too bad there’re no suit powers in this one. It’d be cool to have a Spiders-Man outfit that came with the ability “Spiders”—horrify yourself and your enemies!

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Just as long as his coat constantly blows in the wind, even when there is no wind.

I would very unironically love a Spider-Noir game, complete with 1930's NYC, punching Nazis, and struggling with the moral ambiguity of violence. Go full pulp on this shit.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

I would very unironically love a Spider-Noir game, complete with 1930's NYC, punching Nazis, and struggling with the moral ambiguity of violence. Go full pulp on this shit.

Use the Saboteur color system when you can switch between Spideys

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    After watching Spider-Verse, I really wish the Spot was a villain in this.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    I just finished replaying the Spider-Man DLC.
    I worried that I might be burned out on Spider-Man, but instead I think I'll just be jaded at the combat, as I assume they won't drop me into the sequel with a horde of minigun/jetpack/shield/whip/sniper mooks.

• McRhynoMcRhyno Registered User regular
    I ordered from a local independent store and they got them in yesterday. Holy shit, the swinging is so much faster, right out of the gate.

And you can turn down the assist to make it a little more physics based. Not quite old spider-man 2 but a decent approximation

PSN: ImRyanBurgundy
    I can't believe I'm going to buy a PS5 just for this game (I already have a Series X).

But Spider-Man/Miles are two of my favorite games and 2 of the 3 games I bothered to get a platinum.

The gushing from so many folks whose opinions I trust just pushed me.

Kyougu wrote: »
    I can't believe I'm going to buy a PS5 just for this game (I already have a Series X).

But Spider-Man/Miles are two of my favorite games and 2 of the 3 games I bothered to get a platinum.

I mean, a PC version will come at some point. No idea when that point will be, though (my guess is when they're ready to announce Spider-Man 3).

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

Hey I bought an original Xbox for Jet Set Radio Future and a WiiU for Xenoblade Chronicles X!

After you do it you then get some nee opportunities for games you may have skipped otherwise.

Reminder: there's combat move where you press square and X in the air and he shoots webs straight down and pulls himself in an AoE slam. If you do that out swinging up high, he still shoots down and rockets feet first towards the ground... start to swing again and that rocket speed is converted into momentum on the swing

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

Hey all, who's ready for some SICK WIPEOUTS?!

I'm looking forward to the inevitable supercut of Spidies just eating absolute shit on the dismount, preferably set to the Jackass theme song.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    Spider-Man with fall damage just doesn't feel right so I'm deffo leaving that off.

Although turning down the swing assist sounds interesting!

Spider-Man with fall damage just doesn't feel right so I'm deffo leaving that off.

It's a slider from 0 to 10 (more assistance) with 10 as the default.

McRhyno wrote: »

It's a slider from 0 to 10 (more assistance) with 10 as the default.

Yep! That's why I'm looking forward to trying it turned down.

• McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    I pretty much ignore IGN these days, but credit where credit is due

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Holy shit the Coney Island sequence. Holy shit

It's taken me 3 days to get to that sequence because I just love yeeting myself through the city too much.
    And Spidey surfing the East River, that was a pleasant surprise mechanic

Ohhh, if you have a TV that does 120hz there's a 40 fps fidelity mode.

I think I'll be sticking to that one.

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2023
    Just did the opening bits and the prologue.

Now, this may come as a shock to all of you, but it turns out that Spiderman 2 is a good game... again (y'know, because of the 2004 Spiderman 2).

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky