As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    The worst part of this event is raising all my 990s to 1000.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    So I found out my team just ain't good enough for the 3 million raid

I can survive, but I get, like, 700k health away from winning when the timer runs out

IKknkhU.gif
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

I can survive, but I get, like, 700k health away from winning when the timer runs out

What servants do you have? It's possible there's a lineup that would work, with friend support, that would let you clear it a bit easier.

Maddoc wrote: »

What servants do you have? It's possible there's a lineup that would work, with friend support, that would let you clear it a bit easier.

In particular, what supports? And do you have an MLB tales on your main damage dealer?

edited May 2019

To be fair, I took a break for a while, and I find the grinding required to max ascend and skill up Servants to be remarkably tedious, so that's probably gonna be a big reason why

Here's my 5* and 4* units, though, in case you wanna have fun theory-crafting how I can actually be competent (Lord knows I'm not great at team-building in this particular game, for some reason)

Y4CJCOL.jpg?1
    h5G45YU.jpg?2
    Polaritie wrote: »

In particular, what supports? And do you have an MLB tales on your main damage dealer?

Oh, definitely not

I have one Tales, total

I literally just started this event

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    You might actually do okay with Rider Kintoki? His NP will get the Quick buff from the CE on top of the flat buff. Bring your Waver and a friend Waver or Merlin. Or possibly bring your best/favorite AoE NP to try to clear out the hands before Kintoki attacks.

uyvfOQy.png
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    It feels so good to be able to bully the banana this time. I can blow up 3BP in three turns, saving my rice balls for Heart day though.

My setup is:
    MC Plugsuit
    1. Arash with gacha CE
    2. Jalter with MLB Tales
    3. Support Waver with MLB Carp
    4. Merlin with MLB Carp
    5. Waver with MLB Carp
    6. Asterios with gacha CE

Face card first round, stun banana, buff with Support Waver, swap to my Waver and buff, Arash boom, buff Jalter with Merlin, annihilate banana
    How the hell are you 1 turning the remaining HP with Jalter with double Waver + single Merlin when I can't do it with double Waver + double Merlin...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Reynolds wrote: »
    You might actually do okay with Rider Kintoki? His NP will get the Quick buff from the CE on top of the flat buff. Bring your Waver and a friend Waver or Merlin. Or possibly bring your best/favorite AoE NP to try to clear out the hands before Kintoki attacks.

So, uh, about that

I kiiiiiiinda didn't pay much attention to the event where Rider Kintoki was introduced, so I got him, but I didn't get any of his ascension materials. So he's stuck at his first level cap for now, which would probably be an issue.

IKknkhU.gif
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Cu Alter should be able to get the job done if you stack enough buffs on him, although as a Berserker he is actually not totally ideal for this fight.

Tesla is actually a good dark horse candidate though, his Noble Phantasm gets its bonus damage against Ibaraki, so he ought to end up nearly as powerful as Gilgamesh against her.

Your support option is basically Waver + Friend Merlin (Ideally with +100% Carp); you might also consider using plug suit to swap in a third support like Quetzacoatl.

Arash with an Imaginary Element or Kaleidoscope can also do work on this stage, particularly if your main DD ends up being single target (Cu Alter/Rama/Vlad, etc)

EDIT: Also, trick that made my clears a little smoother, put the friend slot in your back row and plugsuit them in to buff. When they get swapped in, that's when the crit stars from Carp gets activated.

So in your case you'd maybe do like....

Tesla, Waver, Quetzacoatl, whoever, whoever, friend slot

Get to Ibaraki, use Quetz's Buster buff on Tesla, plugsuit swap Quetz with friend Merlin+Carp and instantly get those crit stars (Which hopefully mostly go to Tesla because of crit weight favoring Archer); then pile the rest of Waver and Merlin's buffs onto Tesla

Maddoc on
    I wish I could figure out a better way than just hoping Martha pulls a lot of Buster cards. If I had some sort of AoE NP option in there, I could possibly take the hands out with that, and then use Martha after.

uyvfOQy.png
    Arash will always be there for you

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    It feels so good to be able to bully the banana this time. I can blow up 3BP in three turns, saving my rice balls for Heart day though.

My setup is:
    MC Plugsuit
    1. Arash with gacha CE
    2. Jalter with MLB Tales
    3. Support Waver with MLB Carp
    4. Merlin with MLB Carp
    5. Waver with MLB Carp
    6. Asterios with gacha CE

Face card first round, stun banana, buff with Support Waver, swap to my Waver and buff, Arash boom, buff Jalter with Merlin, annihilate banana
    How the hell are you 1 turning the remaining HP with Jalter with double Waver + single Merlin when I can't do it with double Waver + double Merlin...

Getting lucky with Jalter's cards. When I don't, like what's happening now, it takes a bit longer but the banana is still no threat.

Just tested the 1 million raid with this party comp:

Tesla, Waver, Quetz, Support Merlin, Herc (backup DPS), and Mash (hold my event currency CE)

Even with my poor skill levels and a single Tale CE, Tesla left her with only about 40-50k health remaining, which he immediately deleted on the next turn.

So once I get an MLB Tale, the 3 million should be pretty doable even for me.

IKknkhU.gif
    The DP scaling is much nicer this time. You can just spend basically no riceballs and hit up 2BP-3M in the morning and night and hit the target.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Fucking about with the good ol standby slingshot

https://youtu.be/QAtJEZOcqkk

Poor Banana

No native Merlin so doing a simpler 3 buffer strat is slightly less worth it. Cooould use Shakespeare I guess but it's not the same.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Hah. Punch saint still one-turns the banana even without her third skill working. Max waver+max merlin+max bride buffs, NPBB chain. 700k crits are delicious.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    So, Punch Saint's works on Shuten but not Banana. That... is weird.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //

Shuten has the divine trait. Martha is a monotheist.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

I should think harder about grailing good boy Rama and maxing his skills. His anti-Magical/Demonic NP and his crit skill are both legit.

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

To be exact, apparently according to supplemental F/GO material Shuten's legend sometimes has her as either the child of Yamata no Orochi or Kuzuryuu - both dragon gods, hence her having both as traits.

Ibaraki, meanwhile, is just an oni.

I can kill the 3 million banana now

IKknkhU.gif
    edited May 2019
    Now that I have two fully set up Carps I can use Drake for these Caster hands. I think she'll probably do more damage than Arash most days, actually.

Also, my power continues to grow, as I just pulled Shuten from one of the event tickets. Finally have a five star assassin. Eventually.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited May 2019
    So, I tried Arash. Even with 3 MLB Carps, lvl60 Arash can't kill the Hands without buffs, Waver Defense Down, and/or a Overcharge bonus.

Seems to be a Grailed Arash Only strategy.

Edit: Waver NP + Overcharge'd Arash + a couple of Attack buffs does the trick.

vagrant_winds on
    edited May 2019
    Huh, really? I manage the hands with just Waver attack up on level 60 Arash. With 3 MLB carps at this point (counting support).

Edit: Also, threw a couple more tickets at Ishtar. No luck. But I did get Gorgon, completing my snake collection. No reason to ever run a full snake team though.

Polaritie on
    My Arash isn't grailed and I also have triple Carp. I face card first round with no buffs, get to Ibaraki, use support Waver buffs with his 30% charge going to Arash on top of his own battery, plugsuit support Waver out for my Waver, buff again with his 30% going to Jalter, then make Arash go boom and kill hands with 200k damage

My Arash isn't grailed and I also have triple Carp. I face card first round with no buffs, get to Ibaraki, use support Waver buffs with his 30% charge going to Arash on top of his own battery, plugsuit support Waver out for my Waver, buff again with his 30% going to Jalter, then make Arash go boom and kill hands with 200k damage

Waver Atk Buff + Jalter Charisma + Waver NP + Arash at 200% Overcharge is over 200k per hand here. So that works.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I have decided to pull the trigger on grailing Arash all the way and am giving golden fous to him (and took all of his skills to 10 even though they don't really matter).
    So I guess I really can't participate in conversations about regular Arash usage anymore.

I have decided to pull the trigger on grailing Arash all the way and am giving golden fous to him (and took all of his skills to 10 even though they don't really matter).
    So I guess I really can't participate in conversations about regular Arash usage anymore.

lvl100 golden Arash? what's he even gonna use the HP for? Heh.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular

lvl100 golden Arash? what's he even gonna use the HP for? Heh.

Let's say the HP fous are just a tribute to him.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    There's just something joyous in the Merlin/Waver/Arash matchup w/plugsuit, and seeing that charge level 3 Arash deal 1,300,000+ damage. I tried dual Arash-ing it once, and while clearing 3 million HP in turn one was amazing, deleting that last 3 was more of a struggle since that meant I was down two servants right from the get go.

Well, I can't easy button Arash the hands anymore. Have to set up cards to finish them.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Why not?

I found an even better bully combo than before. MLB Shana-oh Arash, support MLB Shana=oh Jalter, Merlin, Waver, everyone with Carp CEs, plugsuit. Wait until the second turn to take advantage of the charge drain of Waver's NP, and-

Y3YHHom.png

So my Tesla strategy doesn't work so well anymore

But you know who can clear the 3 million raid in this scenario?

My grailed, level 92 4* Nero

Granted, she doesn't do it particularly fast, but she will damn well get the job done and finish with full health somehow

IKknkhU.gif
    I ended up going with Gawain, since he could charge his NP, and I had leveled him a bit for the last event. I guess I could use Mordred, but I don't really want to upgrade her skill to 20% or beyond.

uyvfOQy.png
    I'm still brute forcing it with Gilgamesh

I'm just gonna Bully the Oni today because I'm already over 100 Million on the point ladder and just need the daily five for missions. On Berserker day I'm going all out for those Hearts.

So my Tesla strategy doesn't work so well anymore

But you know who can clear the 3 million raid in this scenario?

My grailed, level 92 4* Nero

Granted, she doesn't do it particularly fast, but she will damn well get the job done and finish with full health somehow

Nero's good at being immortal.

edited May 2019
    Lancer Hands required coming up with alternative strategies.

bYGumwE.jpg?1

vagrant_winds on
    edited May 2019
    Jesus

Maybe I should level up my Rama....

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    Those 5 pages were just enough for me to finally get Ozy's Imperial Privilege to 10

Now he's sitting at 6/10/10