As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Of course, remember that no amount of whaling will get you more grails than anyone else does - they're all locked behind the same events and singularities everyone else gets.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Yes, I was indicating the circumstances under which you might vaguely consider that a value proposition.

In happier news, every single one of my non-Saber Lily golds is max level.

I'm not saying I am shunning those of you who've pulled so many more golds that you can't even level them

but I kinda am

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    :sad:

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Meanwhile, Im still leveling Ceasar, and pray every day for a luck with rolling Okita on GUDAGUDA rerun banner. If my math is correct, I should get at least 180 SQ and 30 tickets in my warchest by then.

Asthariel on
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I should level Saber Lily, I love using terrible servants

I’ll pair her with Stheno

Golds: all at max level.

Silver:
    Mephisto/Touta are 2nd ascension/Lv.50 (needs babies/proofs)
    Paracelsus 3rd/Lv.60 (needs babies)
    Gilles Lily/Diarmuid/Hector/Romulus/ProtoCu/Geronimo/100 Hassan/Jekyll are all final ascension/Lv.60
    Darius III is final ascension/Lv.66

Bronze:
    Phantom at 2nd ascension/Lv.45 (needs gears)
    Sanson at 4rd/Lv.55 (needs babies)
    Caligula at final ascension/Lv.55

I kind of just decided to max 'em all out at some point. I think I was just getting tired of having to use underlevelled Servants in events, like Darius in Christmas, but it was probably also just a Gotta Catch 'Em All mentality.

Most of them still have skills at 1/1/1 unless they're actually someone I use, of course. I'm not that crazy.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Oof, was Edmond's challenge level hard. I was never able to make it past the sixth battle without losing my team, but on the last run I smashed Amakusa in one round and got Jeanne down to 33k hp, so I finally just said 'eff it' and used my command seals. I guess it would've been majorly broken if that also regenerated the Guts from Herc's CE, so the last battle had me sweating a little, but the 6x servant NP rush meant Dantes didn't stand too much of a chance. Especially since Herc was in the 6th slot, with both Guts and Evade skills ready to go.

And I see the battle is up for repeat runs. Why would you even want to, if you don't get anything from subsequent tries? :bigfrown:

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Oof, was Edmond's challenge level hard. I was never able to make it past the sixth battle without losing my team, but on the last run I smashed Amakusa in one round and got Jeanne down to 33k hp, so I finally just said 'eff it' and used my command seals. I guess it would've been majorly broken if that also regenerated the Guts from Herc's CE, so the last battle had me sweating a little, but the 6x servant NP rush meant Dantes didn't stand too much of a chance. Especially since Herc was in the 6th slot, with both Guts and Evade skills ready to go.

And I see the battle is up for repeat runs. Why would you even want to, if you don't get anything from subsequent tries? :bigfrown:

They usually make challenge quests repeatable. I guess so that people can refight them with gimmick teams for funsies?

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Indeed. They're repeatable and low cost because they're fun to do.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Indeed. They're repeatable and low cost because they're fun to do.

Makes sense. I guess I was still reeling from the fight and didn't about things like an all bronze team challenge.

Also, come Nerofest (or maybe before that?) the challenge quests will be 1AP and thus rerunning with meme strats costs you almost nothing.

Some of the Nerofest ones are hard enough that you'll probably still spend a sizeable amount of AP before beating them, though.

edited February 2019
    Ecchan comes out Thursday (probably). Our adorable Sith Lord with an Infinity Gauntlet... I mean Infinity Black Bean Paste. She's a unique one. QQABB deck with a single target Quick NP on a Berserker with strong hitcounts all around. Her NP gen has high values but her star gen will be milding.

She's gonna be niche until she gets her Rank Up Quest in 4-5 months from now where her bad instinct skill becomes a 30% Quick buff that lasts for 3 turns on a 5 turn cooldown. Her other skills are a self heal that buffs other healing on her and a 20% Charisma with a targeatable Star Repellant effect. Her NP has a huge overcharge damage bonus against the Saber class (not Artoria Faces like MHX).

Post strengthening she'll be good. Post Skadi a long time in the future she'll be really good. In JP she's one of only two Quick Berserkers. She'll have a strong event niche later this year.

But until then.... she's cute as a button. I'm rolling.

vagrant_winds on
    Note about Ecchan, she has low star absorb, a star repelling skill, is a Berserker, and is a Dragon.

Hello Jalter friend.

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Ok friends, I need help.

Babylonia, Chapter 20, Part 5.
    It seems this fight is all about bursting Ushiwakamaru down as fast as possible, but between the environmental damage and the clones I cannot figure out a way to survive this fight. I guess command spells, but I don't wanna do that.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    You can try to burst her with berserkers (they take neutral damage from her), or you can try to go the survival route with Mash, an AoE servant and maybe a friend Jeanne

Ok friends, I need help.

Babylonia, Chapter 20, Part 5.
    It seems this fight is all about bursting Ushiwakamaru down as fast as possible, but between the environmental damage and the clones I cannot figure out a way to survive this fight. I guess command spells, but I don't wanna do that.
    What are your options as far as Servants go? The answers obviously differ depending on what's available.

It might not work, but in absence of anything else you could try going for a Support Bond CE Herc solo strategy - frontline is Herc and two disposable mooks (preferably Georgios/Leonidas for taunt, if you have "on death..." CEs put those on), backline is nonexistent.
    This might not work due to some of the specifics with this battle, though. I'm not sure.

Target the rightmost one, in any case, since it's the one that clones itself. Save Evasion/Invulnerability for the NP turn, especially since they'll all be synced up for that. Team composition is kind of a nightmare for this fight.

Turns out the answer was Scathach, as always, with friend Raikou.

Singularity complete! Time to go save the world?

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Oh darn, I wasn’t planning on summoning on Valentine’s, but the CE is perfect for Summer Mordred

I suppose I’ll use the five tickets we’re getting from the downloads event and pray

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Between all the embers I had stored up and the boosted success rates I got quite a number of Servants up to their final Ascensions, and they mostly weren't even gold.

4*: Medea Lily, Nitocris, Martha, Kiyohime Lancer, Saber Elizabeth
    3*: Robin Hood, Cu Chulainn, Medusa, Kiyohime
    2*: Shakespeare, Hans Christian Andersen, Cursed Arm, Caligula
    1*: Mozart, Mata Hari, Sasaki Kojirou, Asterios, Spartacus

So now I have a ton of Rank Up quests to do.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    1/2 AP has been so, so good to finally build some QP back up aga--

S7c7qfTl.png

tr0VcD3l.png

xBlLoWBl.png

--goddammit.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    New JP Servant:
    SSR Caster Murasaki Shikibu, the author of "Tales of Genji".

dxuIm4C.png

Her Noble Phantasm:

https://youtu.be/9KX0le8ojVk

Asthariel on
    The very first author of a Japanese Romance Novel. And drawn by Raita. :biggrin:

2nd highest attack for a Caster in JP, with an AoE NP that does bonus damage vs Demons and blocks enemy buffs 1 time for a turn.

Hey I'm reading her book right now! Maybe by the time she's available in NA I will have finished it!

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    This is probably a weird thing to notice, but her hand looks just like Raikou's. Guess that's another Raita quirk.

Long, spindly fingers

(Yes, make your Kira jokes. Sheer Heart Attack ni jakuten wanai.)

Raita really likes having lots of lines in his designs.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Can't decide on if I want to roll on the new Valentines gacha on JP. I don't really care for the new girl, but she looks alright. Mostly just want the CEs.

Could wait until she shares a rateup with a servant I want (namely Sitonai or Tamamo), but then I'd have to wait a solid week into the event before getting CEs for it. Awkward.

This is probably a weird thing to notice, but her hand looks just like Raikou's. Guess that's another Raita quirk.

Long, spindly fingers

(Yes, make your Kira jokes. Sheer Heart Attack ni jakuten wanai.)

Ah, so that's why I was wondering why Raikou was a Caster. She looks a bit too similar in certain aspects of the character design

The design similarities, outside of the same artist doing both characters, could well be quite intentional. Lady Murasaki was a Fujiwara, and the hero of her novel was a Minamoto. Both were powerful families during the Heian period, and Lady Murasaki was also a contemporary of and probably knew/knew of Minamoto no Yorimitsu (aka Raikou), who in life was himself a retainer of the Fujiwara.

Nightengale got an animation update in JP.

She hits people with a hospital bed in her Extra Attack.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Wish if nothing else they'd rush more of the animation updates to our version

Berserker Lancelot gets an amazing animation update

Raita doing his own spin on some other servants not designed by him.

cM1PDqO.jpg

That Arash man. That's taking EDGE to a new level.

.... I love it.

Kind of curious if Avenger will boost all chocolate coin drops this year, since I think Mash did so last year. Not sure

edited February 2019
    Something to keep in mind:
    Last years Gacha CEs & Servant Valentines CEs boost drops of the equipped class's coins.
    This year's Gacha CEs bost drops of the class weak to the equipped class.
    Event Shop CEs (both last and this year) boost all coins.

There is no longer a rotating enemy type priority by day but instead knight and horsemen quests and consumable items to force all theirin to one class. So you can now freely farm the event on whatever day you want instead of on a schedule.

Also, there's more Casters than anyone else in NA, so if you have a MLB'd Gacha CE from last year, consider putting it on your Support Caster Waver/Merlin.

vagrant_winds on
    Thank god

Upon some research it turns out that Extra classes do boost All coins. So I'm gonna load up on those and see if there's a quest that drops those in abundance

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Last year I got Moe's chocolate.

This year I'm going for Jalter.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    I got all my servants' chocolates and then I burned them all for Craft Essence exp.

Valentines chocolates are meant to be eaten.

• XeinosXeinos Registered User regular
    Memories will always be in the library of CEs

edited February 2019
    I really love Raita's male designs.
    (Edit: Whoops, too large. shrunk down.)

6ZL2CWc.jpg?1

vagrant_winds on