As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Cool, sorry I said anything about it.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Let's talk about something else

Like how awesome Arjuna is

He's such a good boy

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

He's such a good boy

He looks freaking great in Arcade.

He's... okay in FGO. He isn't bad, but he's not the best at any one niche for AoE or Crit archers.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

He's such a good boy

He's... okay in FGO. He isn't bad, but he's not the best at any one niche for AoE or Crit archers.

Plus he has to compete against Nobu, which is just unfair.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

He's such a good boy

I was thinking about him competing against Gil, Tesla, and Ishtar in the 'NP Self Charge and Nuke' portion and Emiya in the Crit Archer portion and Gil in the Crit Star Production portion.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Arjuna, despite gameplay flaws, is a good boy

Arjuna, despite gameplay flaws, is a good boy

I'm not so sure.

He gave you a murder weapon for White Day.

edited March 2019
    He trusted you with it to show that he was willing to open up about his failures as he works to be better!

That murder weapon is a treasure

Butler For Life #1 on

He's such a good boy

I was thinking about him competing against Gil, Tesla, and Ishtar in the 'NP Self Charge and Nuke' portion and Emiya in the Crit Archer portion and Gil in the Crit Star Production portion.

Oh, I just meant as a character. And availability.

Shinjuku is even less fun with a limited team pool. My team is just all Elizabeths otherwise. Died to surprise boss with multiple HP bars, shuffled team, died again. No fun at all.

uyvfOQy.png
    For the tough bosses, forget the bond point bonus and field the best team you've got, alignment be damned

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Arjuna is a Quincy

For the tough bosses, forget the bond point bonus and field the best team you've got, alignment be damned

Unless you have Jalter and Cu Alter. Their powers combined can take on the world.

Unless you have Jalter and Cu Alter. Their powers combined can take on the world.

Pretty sure the world's still stronger.

That's only if it summons Arc and I don't see a Tsukihime colab anytime soon

That's only if it summons Arc and I don't see a Tsukihime colab anytime soon

The counter force has options other than Ms OP (Though Archer isn't strong enough). Also, isn't Excalibur linked to it (in certain cases) or something?

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    The bond point increase only slightly influenced my servant choices for most of Shinjuku. I still just wound up using Summer Martha a lot.

I did at least stuff evil servants in the back row, though. Gramps was in every party, regardless of when I was actually using him.

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    And Shinjuku completed. Pretty much did the whole thing using the same setup I used on the demon pillars without much issue. I did use 2 command seals, though, as I wanted an extra noble phantasm use in a couple of the battles. Only the last battle took a second try, and event then I lost with the boss down to 5,000hp. Second time I crushed it knowing what to expect.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Shinjuku Chapter 17
    Sheesh, that Moriarty/Demon Pillar fight was brutal. I had to break my self-imposed rule of not relying on Merlin and even then it came down to the wire.

I could deal with the lack of class advantage over Avengers when it was just Lobo, but when it’s an boss that loves to spam AOE crits and has a powerful ally with a rapid NP charge...

Just finished watching a video of someone who 2-3 turned every single Shinjuku boss with various setups. Like goddamn, the break bars might as well not even exist for him.

The break bars are making me enjoy the game much, much less. I feel like I wasted a ton of time, effort and in game currency on setups that are suddenly much less useful. And I was never lucky enough to pull the stuff that thrives in this sort of situation.

uyvfOQy.png
    edited March 2019
    Everyone excited for Arthur Pendragon and a slew of extremly sexy CEs for White Day?

I especially recommend considering this one as your free pick, though Dantes or Outrage can also be good pickups.

https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Talk_of_The_Hot_Sands

Increases critical star absorption by 400%. (600% MLB)
    Increases critical damage by 20% (25% MLB)
    +500 to 2000 Attack
    Gil's muscled chest.
    Enkidu's thick thighs.

vagrant_winds on
    LARGE ANGRY SNAKE NEEDS HER STARS

I'm picking Edmond for the card art

LARGE ANGRY SNAKE NEEDS HER STARS

Yeah, this CE will give most Avengers Archer level star Weight. It sucks on Berserkers, but it's good for Avengers, and for any Crit focused servant.

Outrage is good if you don't have either of the previous two limited Taunt CEs. Plus it features a dreamy Cu Alter front and center. Dantes is the Arts/Ignore Invincibility CE, the only one of it's kind.

Madican wrote: »
    I'm picking Edmond for the card art

I'm gonna roll so I can try and get both Dantes and Enkidu. And a Cu.

For those curious about Arthur:

Upsides:
    Highest Attack of all Sabers. Sigurd ties him later. No Saber scores higher.
    Still has moderately high HP. So a great statline overall.
    NP and Star gen stats are decent for a Saber. 0.84% NP with a 3Hit Quick, 2 Hit Arts, and 5 Hit Extra.
    50% Mana Burst (Buster). Additional +10-50% NP Damage buff on NP.
    +100% Damage vs Large enemies w/ 20% NP Charge 3rd skill. Super strong vs gigantic enemies.
    His NP Animation and dialog is way cooler than Artoria's/Altria's.
    Has a really spiffy hood.
    He later gets a tux.

Downsides:
    Has a shitty non-upgraded Instinct A skill that only gives 15 Stars. :sad:
    No NP Interlude yet.
    Proto Merlin is still MIA even in Japan.
    As is Proto Gil.
    Fate/Prototype hasn't been officially made yet (though the prequel is complete).

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Downside: Is a 5* Saber and therefore bad

Maddoc wrote: »
    Downside: Is a 5* Saber and therefore bad

What do you have against 5* Sabers?

5* Sabers tend to be pretty boring

Charisma, instinct, an AoE Buster NP

Musashi is the exception though

Musashi is cool and good

Musashi is cool and good

Okita? Saber Shiki? Nero Bride? None of them are what you stated.

They're a long way off for NA but Sigurd and Beni-enma are also cool and not Charisma, Instinct, Buster AoEs.

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Sometimes they get a little crown to wear so that's fun though.

Musashi is cool and good

They're a long way off for NA but Sigurd and Beni-enma are also cool and not Charisma, Instinct, Buster AoEs.

I don't know of any of those

I know about Musashi, as well as several not-Musashis

Musashi is cool and good

I don't know of any of those

I know about Musashi, as well as several not-Musashis

Okita is a ST quick servant, and good at it.
    Waifumu is a support that can hurt things because she's not a caster
    Void Shiki is AoE instant death farming and super tanky. Also canonically omnipotent - she was holding back in Solomon.

I can't hear you over all this Musashi

(I was being facetious, I'm familiar with the other 5* sabers

But I still think Musashi is the best)

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    the thing to note with Arthur is that
    1. An AoE NP with +100% damage does the same damage as an ST NP, and +100% damage on facecards is filthy when combined with Merlin.
    2. Large enemies are fairly common as bosses.
    3. Unfortunately, the only large Lancers are Demon God Pillars (RIP Flauros) and an enemy from EOR3, and the only large Berserkers are giant demon boars, giant Nobus, more Demon God Pillars (RIP Halphas), and some enemies from Lostbelt 2 (expected release 2020).

He does a ton of damage in those cases, but they're somewhat uncommon. If he was an Assassin he'd fight Dragons all day every day, but as a Saber he's currently out of a job.
    Or, well, he would be if he didn't have a 20% NP charge skill. That's actually legitimately amazing for farming and immediately makes him way more useful in day-to-day play, especially when he does more damage than the other available Sabers.

He definitely suffers from the MHX/Mordred issue, though, where their place to shine (Saber/(Alter)/(Lily)/Arthur/MHXA and Lancer/(Alter)/MHXA, respectively) is hyper-specific and doesn't come up much. It's not like Nobunaga where Divine, Saber/Berserker and Riding have a massive overlap.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Okita won't really shine until Quick gets out of the dumpster later, sadly

As for Shiki, as much as I love her as a character, her niche is bad. AoE Arts Instant Death means she has low damage and no real use against most difficult fights. If I'm instant killing waves, I'm probably bringing Nitocris to do the job.

Bride Nero is probably the only 5* Saber that brings anything interesting to the table, so I'll give you that. Nero breaks the mold of 5* Sabers being bad.

(Also Sigurd is a cool design on a legit bad servant)

Thankfully, 4* Sabers are good

Maddoc on
    Sigurd is Musashi 2.0, I have no idea how you can call him bad.

Okita is still good right now. She generates stars, crits, and self charges her own NP easily. She's like Jack and Kintoki Riser on that her kit is so accidently good it transcends Quick being underpowered.

Also yes, Lancelot and Rama are godly 4* Sabers. And Yagyu will be really damn good on release.

D'Eon has a limited but strong niche.

The rest of the 4*s are decent but not as good as the first 3.

I love d'Eon so much

Not very versatile. But great at what they do.