As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Two multis, nothing but junk really. One Imaginary Around, which is... okay. I guess. Not even a Jaguar (or any 4* servant, of course). Just lots of junk 4* CEs.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Fucking hell that was a trip.

Burning through the rest of my sq and tickets (ended up being 73 rolls actually) got me NP2 Snake and a random Nitocris (yay!), and then the itch hit me and I bought a pack.

Rainbow spooked on 4 consecutive 10 rolls by Tama Cat dupe (eh...), Berserkerlot dupe (doors/hands will die extra hard now), and then Nitocris twice more (I guess she heard me praising her), and then on the final pull this happens.

I have fuck all to roll for Merlin with now but who cares, that was definitely worth it.

Edit: Oh yeah, NP10 Jaguar lol

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    ph blake wrote: »
    Fucking hell that was a trip.

Burning through the rest of my sq and tickets (ended up being 73 rolls actually) got me NP2 Snake and a random Nitocris (yay!), and then the itch hit me and I bought a pack.

Rainbow spooked on 4 consecutive 10 rolls by Tama Cat dupe (eh...), Berserkerlot dupe (doors/hands will die extra hard now), and then Nitocris twice more (I guess she heard me praising her), and then on the final pull this happens.

I have fuck all to roll for Merlin with now but who cares, that was definitely worth it.

Edit: Oh yeah, NP10 Jaguar lol

I hate you so much right now. You stole all my luck.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Token attempt at Quetz/snek

10 Roll 1: trash
    10 Roll 2: Before Awakening, Room Guard, trash, trash, trash

...sigh.

What the heck, 12 tickets I guess.
    ...trash

10 Roll 3: !?
    F2YbJh7l.png
    Gandr, trash, Medusa Lily

You're...you're on the wrong banner, my dear.

I think that's my sign to stop.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    3 Rolls, 8 Tickets.

4 Taiga. 0 Quetz. 0 Gorgon. 1 Helena Spook.
    1 Devilish Bodshisattva. 1 Patron of the Saint (MLB'd my 2nd copy). A Cover Fire that will be useful later (MLB'd 2nd copy). And Junk.

Well, not a total loss. Taiga will be NP5 once I finish this Singularity.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Alright, lucha goddess was pretty amusing and her attacks and such are kinda fun, why not roll for her and the special Avenger?

Oh hey, gold sparkles...lots of them...and it's a Servant! It's happening!

6e9vosvb7th7.jpg

Fuck you! Sigh.

Fine, that's still technically 'lucky' and I got two Supers in a row feeding away CEs, so might as well give it one more shot...

sq06wpv44acb.jpg

Fuck me.

e2ueansxo7kh.jpg

Sigh.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    40 tickets and 90Qs

0 Gorgons

2 Taigas

1 Caster Gil

1 astolfo

1 Carmilla (now NP5)

buncha junk.

Damn all those four stars not being Gorgon.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Do you just keep all the Sthenos you roll so they can gaze at you in smug satisfaction

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    Do you just keep all the Sthenos you roll so they can gaze at you in smug satisfaction

They're quarantined in the archive but somehow her aura keeps leaking out and attracting more copies.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I don't know what exactly about 3 Stheno stares right next to each other is so funny, but damn if scrolling down and seeing that didn't make me snort.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Just did 4 10-pulls

And while I didn't get Quetz, I did get Gorgon and my very first Fragment of 2030 (as well as a random Rama), so hey, I'll take it.

EDIT: Also, I am VERY behind on Singularities. I've only barely started Camelot, so I should really start focusing on F/GO and put Dokkan Battle on the backburner for now.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Good time for it, Dokkan is mostly rerunning stuff right now. And there should be half AP quests here to get you caught up. Might be worthwhile to just skip all the story to watch later, if you want to try for those 30 free quartz...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Woo, got Quetzalcoatl after two 10x rolls so I'm happy

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Babylonia makes me want Quetz more than I expected, but also between NP2 Ozy and NP1 Medb I'm not struggling for single target Riders

Tossed a few singles at the banner, but I'm not gonna go any further with it

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I got enough copies of my Yakuza Princess so I'm happy there.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Fuck you! Sigh.

But...Mordred is good, actually.

• Options
    I've pulled like four old Sabers in a row, though. I've got almost all of them now. And I already had the other two big dumb Buster AoE 5 stars. And haven't had a good reason to use either of those, even with Saber at NP2, in months! I keep pulling Sabers instead of the things I'm actually rolling for, and they're not even the really good ones I'd actually appreciate! Getting the four stars was bad enough, but now getting the only five star I have zero use for (I even have Rider Boardred already)....sigh.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I mean, of course she's going to show up for Masters who don't want her

She's the knight of treachery

• Options
    After a lot of thought I have determined that I will be rolling Caster for the paid gacha in light of the following:
    • I don't have any of them.
    • I also don't have any of the 5* Riders but I do have Santa Alter and Ridertoki and therefore have all the Riders I shall ever require.
    • Raikou is not available in the zerker set.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Caster is absolutely the best choice in general here

You either get a top notch general support, the best arts support the game has, or the preeminent ST offensive Caster (a useful and very underserved niche)

You really can't go wrong

• Options
    I'm going to do my best to skip the paid gacha after getting both my main targets in the same ten roll.

The temptation for the yolo 33% chance at Xuanzang is strong though.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    I'd prefer Sanzang out of the three available, as she has the second best (read: coolest to me personally) NP behind Punch Saint, and also there are both a hundred thousand Wavers and Tammys available in literally everyone's support slots. And I guess there's gonna be a hundred thousand Merlins very soon.

• Options
    I'd prefer Sanzang out of the three available, as she has the second best (read: coolest to me personally) NP behind Punch Saint, and also there are both a hundred thousand Wavers and Tammys available in literally everyone's support slots. And I guess there's gonna be a hundred thousand Merlins very soon.

That's why I break the mold and throw up my Sanzang for support.

(Also because my Waver isn't maxed in skills yet. Blame Ozy, as he stole the Pages.)

• Options

I think of her as a cat. Also all the Alters.

• Options
    It's true, I got Jalter because I wasn't really trying to get her

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Madican wrote: »

I think of her as a cat. Also all the Alters.

Yeah, that's pretty accurate

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    I've pulled like four old Sabers in a row, though. I've got almost all of them now. And I already had the other two big dumb Buster AoE 5 stars. And haven't had a good reason to use either of those, even with Saber at NP2, in months! I keep pulling Sabers instead of the things I'm actually rolling for, and they're not even the really good ones I'd actually appreciate! Getting the four stars was bad enough, but now getting the only five star I have zero use for (I even have Rider Boardred already)....sigh.
    ?????

There are a lot of full Lancer enemy waves in the current singularity. What are you even doing?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    My grailed, 4* Nero has been very useful in some of the Camelot stuff I've done so far, and I've taken a friend's Mordred a couple times for a few of the fights that are just saber and lancer enemies.

Sabers may not be top tier, but they're still pretty handy!

Hell, I've done most of the content with my main party that consists of Nero, Hercules, Lalter, Waver and Mash.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I've had parties consisting of Bedivere, Saberlot, and Nero in this Singularity, multiple times.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Nero is actually particularly good as an all-around unit because a) she fits in well with both Arts and Buster teams while still doing respectable damage and b) she never fucking dies.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Yeah, from what I remember of Babylon it had a ton of annoying bulky lancer... things that OG Seibah was very good at Excaliburing into tiny pieces.

I'm on the final Camelot fights so I'll get to start Babylon tomorrow. Also been grinding the JP Christmas event, which is hilarious and I can't wait for it to come to NA.

(spoiler for JP christmas event concept)
    Quetzalcoatl mishears "santa" as "samba" and brings everyone to Mexico for a huge party. Then evil Quetz appears, wearing a lucha mask of course, and a tag team wrestling tournament breaks out because reasons.

The story fights are series of tag team matches against ridiculously named servant pairs, complete with pre fight promos/hype videos and cut ins for special tag team moves. It is fucking bonkers and I can't wait to see it translated.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    ph blake wrote: »
    Yeah, from what I remember of Babylon it had a ton of annoying bulky lancer... things that OG Seibah was very good at Excaliburing into tiny pieces.

I'm on the final Camelot fights so I'll get to start Babylon tomorrow. Also been grinding the JP Christmas event, which is hilarious and I can't wait for it to come to NA.

(spoiler for JP christmas event concept)
    Quetzalcoatl mishears "santa" as "samba" and brings everyone to Mexico for a huge party. Then evil Quetz appears, wearing a lucha mask of course, and a tag team wrestling tournament breaks out because reasons.

The story fights are series of tag team matches against ridiculously named servant pairs, complete with pre fight promos/hype videos and cut ins for special tag team moves. It is fucking bonkers and I can't wait to see it translated.

I like this concept very much

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    There is a lot of good music in FGO, but Goddess of Rhongomyniad is still my favorite boss music in the game.

What a great fight.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    ?????

There are a lot of full Lancer enemy waves in the current singularity. What are you even doing?

Using Summer Martha and Jeanne Alter to ignore the whole weakness thing entirely, like I have for all the story sections since I pulled them. And for most of the non-grinding non-story missions, too, really. That way I never have to worry about swapping Servants or CEs and juggling to fit everything within the very restrictive team cost. Pick Waver support, Buster through the first wave or two, charge/unload NPs on any boss-like monsters. Only failed two missions due to surprise, unmarked Avenger appearances, otherwise smooth sailing.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Crunched numbers some more. While Bond 5 Scathach would indeed do more damage than Cu Alter Bond 10 to the Demon Pillar, it doesn't really matter because they both delete it in one turn. So I'm gonna be running Cu Alter and Double Waver to farm farm and farm some more, because Berserkers are good against EVERYTHING. That's currently in NA at least.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Whoops, forgot that Lion King's NP pierces invuln and got fucking dunked on.

Thankfully backline Kintoki was able to come in and clean up, but that was definitely a bit of an "oh shit" moment.

Edit: Camelot ending was really nice; it's pretty fucking amazing comparing the story here with the earlier singularities. It's like playing an entirely different game.

Now for a break, and then on to Babylon tomorrow. I've got 180 gold apples and nothing better to use them on, so let's get this done fast.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Since I'm already done with Babylonia free quests I've been doing Interludes to spend my stamina.

Frankenstein 1 & 2
    Hey these were pretty interesting. The idea of a newer Fran model and Victor's ghost refusing to just give up already were fairly neat.

Medea 1
    This was amusing to see Jeanne and Astolfo whacking each other. I made sure to choose the worst option each time because it was funnier. Can't help but feel this is setting up the 2nd Interlude be something horrifying knowing Medea though.

Altera 2
    More lore bits about Altera! Though I kind of already know who, or rather what, she is/was in the beginning. Still neat!

Nitocris 1
    This is definitely a newer one with much higher quality than a lot of the early stuff. Also had some great character development for the pharaohs, especially with Cleopatra appearing out of nowhere to provide words of encouragement.

Amakusa 1
    Also another high-quality lore and character development Interlude that helps explain what Amakusa's whole deal is with being a Ruler. Also Angra Mainyu appearance, I love that guy's character. So lackadaisical.

• Options
    Speaking of Sabers, Void Shiki is getting oh so much use in Babylonia.

OG Nero and Bride Nero a lot too but man is Shiki just obliterating those Lancer waves. They're weak to instant death as well.

• Options
    Speaking of Sabers, Void Shiki is getting oh so much use in Babylonia.

OG Nero and Bride Nero a lot too but man is Shiki just obliterating those Lancer waves. They're weak to instant death as well.

Regular Shiki got a lot of use for me too.

• Options
    Late Babylonia Spoilers
    Kind of sad watching Grandpa get trumped by Nitocris just wiping everything out