As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Jesus, Sabnock got worked.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Pretty sure Sabnock got worked over by DW

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Sabnock died as he lived, getting stabbed by a very angry Celtic woman.

Fucker dropped me 21 gallstones, which was 21 more than I expected and 9 fewer than I needed, so I guess I will mourn his loss.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Did a couple single draws on the Quetz banner on a whim, got Gorgon

Just missing Angry Man now for all Avengers still

Maddoc on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Forneus dead. This one actually buy our hands.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Oh good, now I can actually hit amon without worrying about that annoying buster down on kintoki.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    Oh good, now I can actually hit amon without worrying about that annoying buster down on kintoki.

I'm pretty happy that my MHX 1-turns if she gets a brave chain. But it's an easy 2 turns with a stunned enemy if she doesn't.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Started with about 25-30 shells. After ~205 Forneus clears, ended up with 117 out of the 126 I needed for all my current Servants. That's acceptable!

Didn't get any Sabnock in, though. : (

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Pre-Saber Pillar cutscene
    I don’t know why Tamamo Cat is bringing up Dermaptera (earwigs) but I appreciate the entomological Latin

As soon as her strengthening hits, she’s earned herself a spot in my teambuilding

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Pulled Caster.
    1caqIB9.jpg

She'll make good friends with Vlad.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Welcome to 2019, thread.

(Please ignore this repost, I just want a record for myself of my own rolls in a thread I can see more than 6 days a year)
    11 Tickets: Nothing

Roll 1: 2 4* CEs
    Roll 2: Izome, the First Arrow, 1 other 4* CE
    Roll 3: CasGil, 1 4* CE

Not who I'm looking for, but a welcome addition to be sure.

buy in...

Roll 4: 2 4* CEs
    Roll 5:
    Oh, hey, Rainbow orbs!? I never see those!

!

!!

rpQ5bmvl.png

MUSASHI, 2 4* CEs

And the GSSR for Rider: Ozymandias, 2 4* CEs

y'know what, fuck it, I'm playing with house money at this point. well within budgeted pulls...

Roll 6: 3 4* CEs
    Roll 7: 3 4* CEs

Roll 8: Imaginary Around, 2 4* CEs
    Roll 9: First Sunrise, 2 4* CEs
    Roll 10: 1 4* CE
    Roll 11: First Sunrise, 1 4* CE
    Roll 12: 3 4* CEs

Ah yes. That is why I budgeted so much to begin with. I will take that as a sign and take my victory(?) and stop here. >.>

And...
    htEEMzMl.png

HYT8ocsl.png

Two bloody Lanugo short of the trifecta. Ah well. Soon(tm).

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Lancer pull got me two copies of Enkidu, so... that's a thing. Never have to worry about divine enemies again between him and Shishou (unless they're Sabers, I guess). Guess I'll be investing in Jeanne Lily for my AoE needs.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    Lancer pull got me two copies of Enkidu, so... that's a thing. Never have to worry about divine enemies again between him and Shishou (unless they're Sabers, I guess). Guess I'll be investing in Jeanne Lily for my AoE needs.

Too bad Nobu's an AoE NP.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Against Divine enemies, Nobu hits like she's single-target. If they've also got Riding (fairly common on Sabers), that's another huge damage multiplier and they're pretty much toast.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Neveron wrote: »
    Against Divine enemies, Nobu hits like she's single-target. If they've also got Riding (fairly common on Sabers), that's another huge damage multiplier and they're pretty much toast.

Yeah, she's a nice welfare to have for that (and also for farming on saber days). The anti-riding is a bigger boost iirc.

And for anyone who missed her, we should get the rerun in March by the Japan schedule.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Lancer pull got me two copies of Enkidu, so... that's a thing.

That's what happened to me when I did my caster roll, to my pleasant surprise. My first $40.00 into this game well spent.
    iKxl7tG.png

However, before that, having a few summon tickets to spare from the pillars, I thought 'ahh, why not?' and would blow another couple chances on the Merlin rate-up. Why not?

Except after getting a Luagh's Halo, the summons kept going, and I realized, 'oh fuck, I accidentally hit the ten pull! Fuuuuuuuuck, I wanted to save that quartz for-... a gold caster? You're _shitting_ m-"
    G1aAwc2.png

Then I blew the ticket I meant to use anyway and got a second Kaleidoscope. What is even going on with my luck? Did they rate it up for people who weren't playing at the start?

• Options

That's what happened to me when I did my caster roll, to my pleasant surprise. My first $40.00 into this game well spent.

<snip>

Then I blew the ticket I meant to use anyway and got a second Kaleidoscope. What is even going on with my luck? Did they rate it up for people who weren't playing at the start?

Congratulations, you have Rank ? Luck like me! It is a fickle mistress.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    While I think Sanzang is probably the least 5* on that banner, getting her at NP2 is very fortunate. NP2 is a significant increase in damage.

And then Merlin means you're pretty much set for life.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Half AP and double success rates...and all of my 4-5 star Servants are max level. I guess I could stockpile...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Get Sanzang's first skill to lvl10 and you won't regret it. The 2nd two aren't as important and can stay at 6 if you want. And yeah, NP2 is so damn good on her.

Also note that she'll be getting a NP Strengthening later this year on the single best Strenghting to come. Is the one that gives MHXA and MHX their godly Intuition buffs (+30% Quick and lowest cooldown Invincibility in the game respectfully), greatly improves Babbage's Atk skill, gives Amakusa a 3 turn (smaller) Mana Burst, gives Tesla his Atk buff (and improves his NP damage buff), gives Enkidu his Evasion, gives Fionn his first Strengthening that turns his first skill into a huge party buff for Star and NP gen, and gives NP buffs to multiple servants: Shakespeare, d'Eon, Sanzang, Edison, Jing Ke, Spartacus, and Karna. Sadly, it's all tied to the 2nd Anniversary so we won't see these till June.

There'll be a not as good Strengthening quest group in March or May or wherever before that when they need to fill space.

• Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Half AP and double success rates...and all of my 4-5 star Servants are max level. I guess I could stockpile...

If you're looking for bond points and have the materials to spare, you could level up servants with rank up quests.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    What the actual fuck, daily ticket got me Musashi. And the day after I'd used up all my EXP on GSSR Jeanne, and used some apples to get my Sabers and Riders to final ascension.

You'll have to wait a bit, sorry! Guess I know what I'll be doing on Friday, at least.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

If you're looking for bond points and have the materials to spare, you could level up servants with rank up quests.

While I wouldn't really say that this is worth it right now, they eventually increase the reward for these quests up to effectively 3 quartz per mission. Definitely becomes worth it to level up characters for rank up quests, then. Especially characters who get multiple strengthenings, like Kiyohime and Spartacus.

EDIT: And they retroactively give rewards for quests that are already completed, so you could do a bunch of them now and get a boost of quartz later.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options

While I wouldn't really say that this is worth it right now, they eventually increase the reward for these quests up to effectively 3 quartz per mission. Definitely becomes worth it to level up characters for rank up quests, then. Especially characters who get multiple strengthenings, like Kiyohime and Spartacus.

EDIT: And they retroactively give rewards for quests that are already completed, so you could do a bunch of them now and get a boost of quartz later.

Also, some low stars are really good for slotting in for challenge quests for example. Did you know that Mata Hari has an excellent defense down (40%) and Skill Seal, for example? Similar points to using Shakespeare, Mozart, etc.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Mozart has an Arts buff and can grant something like 50 crit stars instantly when the skill is fully leveled. It's nuts.

• Options
    Shakespeare gives a one-turn +40% team Buster, +100% targeted Star Rate, and +20% targeted NP gauge, it's pretty good

objectively worse than Merlin, sure, but chances are that you actually have Shakespeare (and also double Merlin+Shakespeare works)

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Hans is the best budget Caster

Stars every turn, party crit buff, and big fat party buffs and health regen on NP

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

Stars every turn, party crit buff, and big fat party buffs and health regen on NP

I have a lvl100 Hans on my Friend List. He's still made of paper.

• Options

And yet he has better HP than Shakespeare or Mozart and will virtually always have between +6% and +20% Defense

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Caster guaranteed got me Sanzang, the Best Caster. (In terms of Noble Phantasm coolness, which is the only real metric anyone could possibly use.) Welcome to Chaldea, Clueless Monk!

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    [

Also, some low stars are really good for slotting in for challenge quests for example. Did you know that Mata Hari has an excellent defense down (40%) and Skill Seal, for example?
    I used her for the final battle with Goetia to fuck with his 'omg, wtf' opening skill chain, while also freeing up points to fully load my beatstick backline. (Unfortunately, Herc didn't reach Bond Level VIP Lounge until today, so I didn't have max damage and Winter Castle to make him _really_ fun).

That's part of what make FGO so good. - there are no useless servants. The 4-5 stars are better, but the 1-3s that everyone has also have a very strong role in your lineup. They're not just diluting the pool and being used as gacha bait.

<snip>

Congratulations, you have Rank ? Luck like me! It is a fickle mistress.

Sounds about right for the guy who just fat fingered himself a Merlin. :rotate:

• Options
    That's part of what make FGO so good. - there are no useless servants. The 4-5 stars are better, but the 1-3s that everyone has also have a very strong role in your lineup. They're not just diluting the pool and being used as gacha bait.

I wouldn't go that far. Remember, there's still Geronimo and both Gilles, and there's a fair amount of useless ones in the FP gacha as well - hello, Phantom of the Opera!

But yeah, gold Servants (and story-locked 3*s added after launch) tend to be niche at worst. For all the shit that Stheno gets, she's still got an interesting anti-Male charmlock niche that she can fit into and does fairly good damage on her cards as well. Fionn's got issues, but he's still a 4* AOE Arts Lancer and thus can fit in some niches. Altria's boring and probably the worst 5* Saber, but she's still doing more damage than most other Sabers of lesser rarity and isn't bad.

Whenever something comes around that isn't that great (e.g. the poster servant of Epic of Remnant 2 was infamous for a bit), they get a buff eventually. Probably sooner if they're high-rarity, though. Geronimo's still bad in JP and Strengthenings are still slow to come out.
    Like, there's people complaining about how a certain really spoilery story-locked 4* Servant in JP has mechanics that just don't work all that well. (The NP has self-buff removal. Yeah.) Since the character's popular and got people to spend money, though, I expect them to get Strengthenings to improve on those sooner or later.

• Options
    I think that particular story-locked 4* is getting a bad rap, her mechanics just mean she can't NP any more rapidly than every five turns

• Options
    yeah the rest of her kit seems pretty great, and her NP working the way it does makes perfect sense (it's a Phoenix-esque death-and-rebirth thing, wiping the slate clean etc.)
    which makes me wonder how they're going to "fix" it
    maybe they'll just remove the time limit on the "+100% debuff removal resistance for 1 turn" skill and make it more PfA-esque? that wouldn't help NP spam that much, but would ease up the timing a bit

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    If I could get NP5 on one of the cool 3 star Servants, I'd probably invest in them. Of course, that is never going to happen. I got 2-3 on Jaguar and that's about it.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular

This is why I really like Summer Marie. She doesn’t support the party as well as he does (high cooldown on her star gen, no healing or defense for anybody but herself), but she’s really good at keeping herself alive. Now that I have Tamamo to give her even more healing and some skill cooldown reduction, she’s going to be even more unkillable.

Which is good because Tammy’s high page requirements means that CasGil isn’t going to be ready as an alternative Arts Crit support anytime soon.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I spent yesterday doing missions in Septem to gather SQ and make another 10 roll on Musashi. She still eludes me, but at least I got Helena out of it, which I guess is as good support Caster as someone that is not Waver / Merlin / Tamamo can be?

If I understand correctly, Musashi should still return at the end of New Year event, so perhaps I will be able to gather another 30 SQ for one last roll...

• Options
    Anyone have insight into how levelling CEs is supposed to work? I figured I’d take advantage of the double success rates, but I’m not sure how to do this efficiently...or if levelling CEs is even all that important.

• Options
    CE bombs.

Stuff 20 1* CEs into a Lv.1 1* CE. Continue doing so until you've stuffed enough high-level 1* CEs into a Lv.1 1* CE that it reaches max level or thereabouts, and then do that nineteen more times, and then feed them all at once to your desired gold CE to bring its level waaay up.

It's fairly annoying and cumbersome, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper in QP than the alternatives and is a better use for the FP CEs than burning them.

Levelling CEs is pretty much just giving an extra layer of Fous to a Servant, and may or may not be worthwhile depending on the CE.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The way I do CE bombs is this:
    1. Pick a 2* CE.
    2. Put [18] 1* CE's into it or [6] 2* CE's into it, you want the total EXP to equal 18,000 to allow for Supers and Greats. Normal will get it to Level 10, Super will get it to Level 12, Great will get it to Level 14
    3. Once you've leveled a 2* CE, switch to a fresh one. Don't try to top it off.
    4. Continue Steps 2 and 3 until you have no more usable 1* or 2* CE's.
    5. Pick a fresh 3* CE, you should have picked up at least some during FP summons, and put whatever combination of leveled 2* CE's in so the EXP equals 90,000 or Level 18. This allows for Supers and Greats without overflow.
    6. Again, once you've leveled a 3* CE switch to a fresh one.
    7. Once you have [20] leveled 3* CE's you can go ahead and throw them into whichever 5* CE you want to level. This will net at least 3-4 levels, even at high ranges. Right now I have a Level 90 Joint Recital and if I put in 20 leveled 3* CE's I will get to Level 94, before Supers or Greats