As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Got enough chains for Imperial Privilege, now all that's left is some pages and QP and I'll have my Ozy at 6/10/10

Just trying to clear at like a half dozen boxes a day now, which is pretty easy

Maddoc on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Heard something about the 7 Million Downloads thing that may be coming after Nerofest with the x2 Super/Great Success rates. Apparently in JP the event ran while it was still possible to open Nerofest boxes, so they didn't need to hoard EXP in any of their inventories or mailboxes, just wait until the boosted rates then start pulling.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    There's a FGO panel at Anime Weekend Atlanta starting in about an hour, so we should know soon.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Reminder for people to swap their Support CEs/servants once again...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Panel had no announcements, although there was a mention that the NA server will have some unexpected things in two months or so.

Thanksgiving stuff, maybe? I'm not expecting completely new content, but some shuffled around events seem possible.

Also please tell us when the double super success is coming, I'm dying

• Options
    That's all the Exhibition matches completed. Now I just grab the remaining apples from the new quests then farm petals until I can farm no more.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Update:

After a friend’s Summer Martha dragged me through the final challenge, my feelings on her have warmed considerably.

Medea, on the other hand, has sunk even deeper in my estimation thanks to her endless, endless RULE BREAKERING

• Options
    don't hate just because you forgot to level your Best Witch for hassanfest

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    she’s half leveled and I’m seriously debating whether or not to finish

• Options
    edited September 2018
    I feel like I wildly overprepared for Hassan Parade

My Da Vinci, Waver, Friend Tamamo (Thank you, single person in my entire friend list who kept her on your lineup) cleared the entire thing

The only death was Waver to Cursed Arm's final curse, since he didn't have a Guts CE on him so my back line never even saw any action

Sorry, Cu Alter with Necromancy

EDIT: My Da Vinci is in my All slot, if anyone else wants to use her for that, she's not completely kitted out but it's enough to do the job. Using her Golden Rule (Body) allows her to NP wipe an entire wave without eating any debuffs, and her Natural Born Genius is a 2000 HP Guts.

EDIT2: Gilgamesh was... less easy
    R5pCb0g.png?1

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Some new information from that panel yesterday during the Q&A. Basically these Q&A's are literally the only way for Albert to talk to the fanbase because JP forbids him from using social media to do so. All the streams and big convention appearances, like that disastrous AX panel or the stream with the total rando playing through Fuyuki, are decided by JP and it's NA who has to go along with it. Albert tried to do some "chill" streams to rebel against JP but when they found out he got yelled at so that's a no-go. Even the social media promos and random rewards are dictated by JP, NA has zero say in the matter and they hate the "get 10 billion likes!" as much as the players do. In fact Albert said that when he wants to give out rewards to NA he has to justify a good reason to JP. This is why our rewards differ from JP, because again they have final say on what NA gets.

That said, the game is apparently very healthy in NA and he doesn't expect it to be in danger any time soon. And for all the control JP has over NA they have a vested interest in us not failing because FGO is the flagship for the Fate franchise to spread in the Western world. Also because if NA fails it's going to reflect on the JP company purely because they would be responsible for letting the biggest way to promote Fate crumble. This isn't like China, Korea, or Taiwan where their copies of FGO are managed by their own individual companies who aren't controlled by JP. If those ever stop being profitable or become a nuisance they can be culled because the responsibility falls to those companies, not JP.

• Options
    I think Albert does a very good job with a tough situation.

I wish the JP execs would ease up a bit and give him more freedom, but I don't expect that to happen.

• Options
    Got a surprising amount of use out of the Necromancy CE in the final challenge. Not reliable at all, but hitting one and possibly more 1000-health guts for free is lovely

• Options
    Made it most of the way through box 19. Have scraped up enough QP for one skill!

Send help -_-

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    All stupid challenges done. Fucking game.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/9id39z/fgo_localization_panel_at_anime_weekend_atlanta/

Someone did a full write-up of the panel.

I never really knew Emiya Alter's concept but reading what he mentioned about that then wow yeah what the fuck JP.

• Options
    22 Boxes down so far in this last weekend dash. Second Archive full of XP, Present Box at 170/300 full of XP as well (and some Fous).

Finally stockpiling some QP again, as well!

ny47GRVl.png

piFribnl.png

Oh wait no I lied back to the QP mines : (

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    We will never leave the QP mines.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    CE Drop #9 was literally one week ago.

After a billion more runs I literally just got CE Drops #10 and #11 back-to-back.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Gimme your CE drops :(

I'm only on box 11 here though, some of you are monsters.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I slowed down a lot when the recent event hit on the JP servers.

The biggest QOL improvement I'm looking forward to on NA is the drastically increased speed of burning through resources at the lottery.

• Options
    Gilgafest has some bonkers rewards

Those command codes look real nice

• Options
    54 Boxes completed so far.

Please send help.

• Options
    Speaking of Lottos, Christmas 2016 event can't come soon enough.

Octuplet Crystals
    Serpent Jewel
    Evil Bone
    Void's Dust
    Skill Gems

I'm in Octoplet Crystal hell, among a couple other things.

• Options
    I need chains and pages and more chains and then a few more chains

• Options
    Speaking of Lottos, Christmas 2016 event can't come soon enough.

Octuplet Crystals
    Serpent Jewel
    Evil Bone
    Void's Dust
    Skill Gems

I'm in Octoplet Crystal hell, among a couple other things.

I have too many serpent jewels.

But the rest? Put them in an IV and hook it up to my veins

• Options
    Damage Thus Far.

Ascensions/Leveling:
    Illya lvl90
    Nightengale lvl90
    Assassin Scathach lvl80
    Nitocris lvl80
    Caster Marie lvl80
    Edison lvl80
    Archer Anne Bonny (working on lvl80)
    Every Servant I ascended for Interludes up to their next cap (around 12+ of them).

Skills:
    Saber Shiki 2nd Skill maxed (all 10s now)
    Archer Artoria 10/10/10'd
    Drake 6/6/6'd
    Nero Bride 1st Skill maxed (Octuplet Crystal hell for the rest)
    Ozy's 3rd skill to 8 (hope to get him from 7/10/8 now to 7-8/10/10 at the end of the event)

QP:
    Destitute

2 days and some hours left. I could have brought Waver's skills to 7/10/10 but I'm put my priorities on Bride and Ozy. Gonna get Ozy to all 10s before I spend pages on Waver. The King of Pharaohs needs to be the most regal so people can look upon his mighty works and despair. I also needed to get off my ass and start leveling Bride's skills while I actually could level one of them because I need to max her as well.

• Options
    Charisma is such a distant third concern I'll probably leave it at 6 for a good long while

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Charisma is such a distant third concern I'll probably leave it at 6 for a good long while

Are you gonna deny Ozymandias his majesty? Look upon his works and despair.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    I mean, I don't know about you, but I've seen ~120k Buster Crits by Ozy on this Sphinx. He's Magestic.
    (Note: That's without the event damage CE.)

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    I've actually just been using Rider Kintoki because he can charge his own NP faster to one shot the Sphinx

• Options
    edited September 2018
    I'm just 3-4 turning it (depending on card luck) with Ozy, Tamacat, Arash (wave1), and double Waver. Was consistently 3turning, but running 4 MLB'd petal CEs now so either Ozy needs 10% charge on the first wave of I need some good buster cards between him and Tamacat on the Sphinx. Still an easy clear.

Oh, and Protection of the Sun God is now lvl10. RIP QP yet again.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    So, looks like we're not getting the Jalter/new strengthenings/double super success rate up just yet

Instead we have... completely unexpected 1/2 AP ember quests and singularity banners, with Bedivere included

Almost two years before we were "supposed" to get the first Bedi rate up

Weird

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    1/2 AP embers is an odd choice following a lotto. I've already got every character leveled who I care to level, and am starting to put experience into servants who get multiple strengthenings just so that I can do the quests.

• Options
    So, looks like we're not getting the Jalter/new strengthenings/double super success rate up just yet

Instead we have... completely unexpected 1/2 AP ember quests and singularity banners, with Bedivere included

Almost two years before we were "supposed" to get the first Bedi rate up

Weird

So unlike JP we don't get to take advantage of the boosted EXP chances with Nerofest boxes. That sucks.

• Options
    We'll very likely get that event and the doubled super success rates at some point. But it's not clear when.

• Options
    Sure, but the point of it happening after Nerofest was that we would then get to use all our hoarded box EXP with the boost. Now we have to open our boxes and try to fit as much as possible into storage before using the majority, something JP didn't have to do.

Also having Embers directly after a lottery is just baffling. I have over 1250 gold cards in these boxes already waiting to be opened, much less silver.

• Options
    My worry is that the JP execs might be insisting that we don't get the downloads event until we hit a milestone

No indication that's the case, though

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Finally beat the grand finals. God, that was tough. I have to say, though, Herc's bond CE sure is something.

• Options
    No Jalter Banner. No Strengthening Quests 5. Both seemingly delayed. :(

Singularity Banner Filler again for some reason. :(