As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Madican wrote: »
    Yeah but those are 5* people with extensive personal buffs.

This was a 3* putting out that kind of damage without an NP and with one basic attack buff

He's grailed, so his stats are closer to 4* base ATK.

If you NP'd with him that turn, he would have had 30%+ more on that Buster. It even may have been a Buster chain. 3rd Buster card is also at 210%, 260% if the lead was a Buster. Okita's DEF down is a very hefty 30% minimum as well.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Your Bedi is lvl100. That's how he should be performing. A lvl100 3Star should be at 4Star level, or slightly higher depending.

Also, you mentioned Joint Recital. That's most of it, with the double crit and buster stacking buffs.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Yeah but those are 5* people with extensive personal buffs.

This was a 3* putting out that kind of damage without an NP and with one basic attack buff

Joint Recital gives +20% Buster, +20% Crit, while a Lv.6 Plugsuit gives +25% ATK (the plugsuit is a Waver-level buff, BTW - it scales from 20%-30%, and is more impressive than e.g. Herc's 10.5%-31%).
    This is the holy grail of attack buffs - card type, basic ATK, crit. (Crit's a power bonus, so it's additive with stuff like Jack's anti-female or NP strength, although the latter doesn't really matter.)
    Together, they give a +80% damage bonus. Compare and contrast with Ozy's +58%, which the plugsuit would turn into +83%.
    And then you add the crit doubling and it's doing 360% damage.
    Add in a third Buster card with a starting card bonus, x260%, and it's doing 936% damage. (A buster chain adds a flat 20% of ATK, for reference - 2224 damage, in this case.)
    For reference, your Bedi's NP would've done 2,556% damage because Bedivere is a monster. Most Buster NP1s do 900%, though.

Welcome to the Buster Crit meta.

Your Lv.90 Bedivere has 10,411 ATK: this is just 234 less than an unfou'd Lv.80 Herc (and 163 more than unfou'd Saber Alter, and thus higher than any 4* Saber), but even unfou'd he'd be just 39ATK below unfou'd Nero.
    He's got 4* stats, basically. That's what Grails do - even my Lv.90 Asterios is basically a 3*, with his unfou'd ATK beating Lu Bu by 426 and losing to TamaCat by 481.
    A Lv.15 MLB Joint Recital gives Bedi +711 ATK, putting him up at 11,122. That's between a CE-less unfou'd Saber Shiki and CE-less unfou'd Altria.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Also, as stated, remember that Attack, Card Bonus, and Power (which Crit, NP Up, Etc fall in) stack multiplicativly.

• Options
    Also, note that not everything that looks like a Power bonus is actually a power bonus - Jack gives a power bonus vs. Females, but Carmilla's Special Attack vs. Females is multiplicative with everything else.

Generally speaking, if you get a buff that buffs damage vs. a trait it's a power bonus and if it's just the NP that does more damage vs. trait it's a Special Attack/Super Effective/whatever you want to call it.
    The most obvious place to see this is probably in Gilgamesh' Enuma Elish, since he gets +30% NP Strength and then a 150% Special Attack multiplier. That turns into +95%, not +80%. It was also slightly notable in Onigashima, since Orion's bonus damage vs. Males is a power bonus and stacked additively with the raid CE, while Euryale's stacked multiplicatively.

Basically, this is why Robin Hood does crazy damage.

• Options
    Anyone else just been completely done and not running the Party and Guerrilla quests because the drops are pretty bad?

I technically could use more bones but I can't be bothered right now.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I'm just done in general and back to running dailies. I was hoping that they'd follow the JP schedule and have the new halloween event overlap by a week (and thus start today), but that sadly doesn't seem to be the case?

I guess I could run 10AP for bones but, eh. I can't be arsed.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    It's kinda nice not having to pay too much attention to an event. The only thing I needed was the ascension stuff for Caster Eli. So sure, I'll take some other minor mats and stuff.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I'm done and going for dragon fangs in America

After that I might go back to Halloween for bones, or I might do interludes and strengthenings.

Oh, and I'll keep doing the event quests that give apples.

• Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Anyone else just been completely done and not running the Party and Guerrilla quests because the drops are pretty bad?

I technically could use more bones but I can't be bothered right now.

Party Quests gave Gold Apples. I did them all.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Yeah I've just been making sure to do all the new quests then spend any extra stamina on the 40 stage. Bought everything in the store but monuments I have tons of. Now I'm exchanging everything for cash, which is nice.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Challenge Quest Status: Not Beaten

Quest for the most ridiculous heals status: Accomplished when I managed to have Tamamo Cat heal for more than her max HP two turns in a row

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Got another drop of Maid so I can MLB that one after the event. Now if a Princess could drop that'd be perfection. I'm not even really farming and already I can buy everything I want in the store with plenty left over for QP turn-in.
    Your Bedi is lvl100. That's how he should be performing. A lvl100 3Star should be at 4Star level, or slightly higher depending.

Also, you mentioned Joint Recital. That's most of it, with the double crit and buster stacking buffs.

Level 90. As much as I like Bedivere no Servant is getting to 100, that's too expensive in terms of Grails, and he already took a huge amount as it is, when I have others I want to enjoy them too.

• Options
    Blasphemy.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    For the morbidly curious, just knocked out the challenge quest letting Jalter trolol over it. Best I saw was an 85k 1st Card Buster crit against a neutral target.
    MLB Joint Recital (at level 20), Waver ATK Up, 35% Waver Crit Up (SL6), 50% Jalter Crit Up, 30% S.Marie Crit Up, 30% Waver DEF Down

Unused buffs: Jalter 50% Buster Up, code Buff, Jalter 20% ATK Up, S.Marie 19.5% ATK Up

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Had some extra materials now with this event so I did some things.

Of course I had to 10/10/10 this one after my ultra hype during the summer. Also the entire character concept never ceases to amuse me.
    PYzIbKhl.png

With all the Chains I got from Nerofest this one was next, but then I saw I was low on Pages so I stopped here! Maybe Christmas!
    Fnu5Qlgl.png

This one was an utter pain in the ass and devoured half my goddamn Bones, and they aren't getting any more until after Ascensions, but THERE FINE THE IMPORTANT SKILL IS LEVELED UP HAPPY NOW?
    fr8Wwdbl.png

And this one is in preparation for Christmas stuff to be able to three-turn nodes with as many event CE's as possible.
    0k52kJHl.png

The remaining 150M QP is now being reserved for Ascensions when the Jalter banner and EXP boosts show up.

Madican on
  • Options
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    ...I didn't need to know where my luck stood.

Edit: Challenge quest cleared with no deaths. Okita, Waver, friend Jalter. Can you say crits?

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I really wish Carmilla and TamCat weren’t on rate up on this banner. I’d love to pull for Tamamo, but I don’t want to spend quartz when I’ve got both rate up four stars.

C’mon, Cleo/Vlad banner

• Options
    NO

QUARTZ

TILL

BABYLOOKLYN

• Options
    ...who's Babylook?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    No Quartz Till Babylon-Brooklyn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Y0cy-nvAg

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    ...who's Babylook?

As of this moment, I shall now refer to Gorgon as Babylook

• Options
    Shouldn’t that be the other other alternate version of that servant, though?

• Options
    Well Dragalia may have been fucking me over with that event dragon but FGO decided to have mercy and Vlad dropped a 5th copy of Halloween Princess! So I guess for the remainder I just spend stamina farming the BONE ZONE until I get bored.

• Options
    Four million downloads campaign announced! Jalter, tickets, new strengthenings, double super success rates, you know the drill.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    More tickets for the Cleo Gacha.

Pharaohs-Collect Them All!

BugBoy on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Reminds me. Might be taking longer for them to start the new Halloween event than expected, but I won't be doing those full servant evaluations anymore. Not that I'm any less into the game, but I was mostly doing those for myself, and they were starting to feel like a chore. Seems like most of you guys have the scoop on future servants anyway!

• Options
    What're the new ones this time? Welfare Brave Liz, 5* Assassin Cleo and 4* Lancer Vlad?

...By the way, it's really weird how they swapped the classes of Apocrypha and Extra Vlad. I wonder how that happened.

• Options
    Yep, those are the new ones.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Reminds me. Might be taking longer for them to start the new Halloween event than expected, but I won't be doing those full servant evaluations anymore. Not that I'm any less into the game, but I was mostly doing those for myself, and they were starting to feel like a chore. Seems like most of you guys have the scoop on future servants anyway!

Thanks for doing them for all this time!

BugBoy on
  • Options
    I already have the best Grandpa Vlad. I don't need this other Vlad. :(

• Options
    Four million downloads campaign announced! Jalter, tickets, new strengthenings, double super success rates, you know the drill.

MY PATIENCE HAS BEEN REWARDED, SOON I SHALL BE FREE FROM THE TYRANNY OF INVENTORY LIMITATIONS!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'd love to get Cleo to complete my PHARAOH CREW, but I won't be pulling too hard

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I'd love to get Cleo to complete my PHARAOH CREW, but I won't be pulling too hard

She doesn't offer a whole lot if you already have Shiki and Summer Scathach to cover ST and AoE assassin NPs, does she?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    I might toss a couple tickets at her? Maybe?

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

She doesn't offer a whole lot if you already have Shiki and Summer Scathach to cover ST and AoE assassin NPs, does she?

I want to put her with Ozy and Nero and go crazy with Imperial Privilege

Also I want to reunite Chaldea’s number one cutest couple

• Options
    BugBoy wrote: »

I thought Nefertari wasn't in the game though.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited October 2018

Summer Scathach is an AoE NP, but that's like saying you don't need Gilgamesh because Nobu has an AoE Archer NP

Cleo has a stronger NP, and better skills

EDIT: Actually admittedly, the NP5 on Summer Scathach makes her NP most likely stronger from the outset.

Cleo still has MUCH better skills though, Imperial Privilege and Golden Rule (Body & Wealth) are two of the best skills around

Maddoc on
  • Options
    BugBoy wrote: »

I thought Nefertari wasn't in the game though.

Those are fighting words