As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dead Cells] - Out of Early Access and on Consoles

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Yeah but all it takes is to get in one bad situation for it to kill you. Can't tell you how many times ive had amazing runs going, then had to go up/down a level into a room with a few creatures then got ping ponged between them from full life to dead.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    yeah that just happened to me last night, it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked

• BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Went in the Crypt and met my new least favourite enemy.

Those golem things can get fucked.

Oh well, on to the next run.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    I convinced a dude at work to buy the game and he's been bringing his Switch in every day and taking secret breaks to play a little.

He's a fan.

Johnny Chopsocky
    edited August 2018
    Went in the Crypt and met my new least favourite enemy.

Those golem things can get fucked.

Oh well, on to the next run.

I hate the mushrooms. with a passion. They are not fun gi's to be with.

azith28 on
    Nobeard
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    There's time to change my mind but if this game has a bad mechanic i think it's

Castle Spoilers
    The Malaise

It's ending most of my runs now even when i have great loadouts and it just doesn't feel fun or fair

PaperLuigi44
    ? Doesn't that only happen at like New Game +++++ ?

• masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    ? Doesn't that only happen at like New Game +++++ ?
    The bosses you need to beat for the keys have it

...I'm not too thrilled at the idea that more enemies will use that effect later

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    First run, Concierge down, let's go dead cells what you got?

edited August 2018
    rhylith wrote: »
    First run, Concierge down, let's go dead cells what you got?

You got a time keeper huh?

Who gives a FUCK about a time keeper?

BRING ME SOMETHING ELSE.

Edit: I am defeated.

rhylith on
    Mx. QuillShortyAbsalonBlankZoefurlionNobeard
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Completed a full run last night

Time to do farm runs until I get the 4th vial upgrade before I bump the difficulty

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I love all of the, “CHECK THIS LOADOUT COME AT ME GAME.

Edit: I’m dead,” posts.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

TonkkaShortyfurlion
    I love all of the, “CHECK THIS LOADOUT COME AT ME GAME.

Edit: I’m dead,” posts.

I got so fucking lucky dude.

My first run in the game ever and I had a colorless ice blast + colorless crusher combo that was just annihilating everything. After starting again and NOT having those, I've realized damn, this game is actually kinda hard.

Being able to reroll weapons is so strong. Makes it way easier to get synergies. On my victory run I was running around with 2 fire grenades and then rerolled a gold Impaler until it gave me +100% damage to burning enemies

Steam ID
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Having just unlocked the impaler it seems like, super fuckin good? Even without the damage multiplier thing it's fast with a long reach and stuns pretty good

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    masterofmetroid
    Impaler and Hayabusa boots are so far my MVP's for the melee weapons

They've both got just the right mix of speed and power with some nice effect bonuses

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I feel like those +100% damage taken weapons would lead to getting one shot killed a little too often for my liking

97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Yeahhhh, last boss down! So your shocking secret past is that
    You’re some kinda plant/slime that an alchemist made then threw away and you leave the sewers to become a Real Boy?
    Also you apparently turn into earthworm Jim and get head attacks, what do these do exactly?

Badablack on
    FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I reset my pc save cause the 1.0 launch window told me too and I like all the little things in the world they added to read and such

and legendary items are fun, I got a legendary bear trap on my first run and just abused the poor concierge

2x39jD4.jpg
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Beat the Time Keeper, then ate like 4k damage from an elite in the next stage.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    What are all of the doors for at the beginning?

I've been playing a little bit this morning and I think I am like learning shit I guess. I made it to the concierge and like immediately died

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    the door with the clock on it leads to the daily challenge, you can attempt that once you beat the concierge

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    There's time to change my mind but if this game has a bad mechanic i think it's

Castle Spoilers
    The Malaise

It's ending most of my runs now even when i have great loadouts and it just doesn't feel fun or fair
    Yeah, what's the deal with it? I knew it was a thing because I reached that boss and died earlier today because of low health/poor reflexes, but I came back and did much better - I thought - only to die while trying to pick up stuff. I was too stunned to realise what had happened.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Had a glorious run with a legendary whip, got to and beat the second boss on my first try.

But eventually that plus 100% damage received caught up with me.

I feel like I'm missing something with the toxic sewers, they seem to just lead to the ramparts like the promenade

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I feel like I'm missing something with the toxic sewers, they seem to just lead to the ramparts like the promenade

Once you've got the right rune you can go to the ancient sewers from there as well

97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
    NaphtaliShorty
    There is also a rune to be found in the sewers.

ShortyHeffling
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Alright i should be able to make it back with the three rare plans if I am careful enough

Really, spikes obstacle course now?

Peas on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    So far, I have best runs when I get the frost attack. Being able to freeze enemies is super helpful.

HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
    rhylithKwoaruRhesus PositiveTonkka
    Man I didn't know that the firebrand was just molotov cocktails, that is hilarious

• PeewiPeewi I edited this in 2024 I edited this in 2024Registered User regular
    I bought this game because everyone seemed to be going crazy about it and I'm not that into it. When I die after 20 minutes I usually don't want to keep playing.

I'm kind of reminded of Rogue Legacy, which I also didn't like.

Peewi wrote: »
    I bought this game because everyone seemed to be going crazy about it and I'm not that into it. When I die after 20 minutes I usually don't want to keep playing.

Do you like any rogue-like games?

Keep in mind every time you complete one level and invest cells you are progression at the meta level.

• PeewiPeewi I edited this in 2024 I edited this in 2024Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »

Do you like any rogue-like games?

Keep in mind every time you complete one level and invest cells you are progression at the meta level.

I think I prefer them without the meta level. I fucking love Spelunky and Nuclear Throne.

Hahah! I got the rune that lets you open the little challenge areas and who's pulling my leg with that shit? It's not even a waste of time, I get obliterated in like fifteen seconds

hmm, maybe it's for the best that the game does not appear to track deaths by curse. Seeing that number would be... discouraging

Steam ID
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    This game is so good

I got surprisingly far with just an ice bow and an infantry bow, but my favourite tactic is to drop two crossbow-matics and then go and hide

Didn’t work too well with one boss, though, seeing as how it wasn’t always on the same level as my traps

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    This game is definitely in the running for Best Critical Hit Sound 2018.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Hell, just all the sounds in the game are fantastic. So satisfying.

Oh yeah? Well I think the entire game is satisfying!

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    This game is so

Fuckin’

Dope