As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dead Cells] - Out of Early Access and on Consoles

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Did kicks always do a combo? Because they are now my favorite weapon.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    My first run ended at the clock keeper, I got her down to a third but she was too anime to beat

2x39jD4.jpg
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Lady MariaxTime Keeper OTP

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Fuck goddamnit, I ended at like one hit left on the Time Keeper

By the time both freezing and traps became ineffective, both my actual damage sources were too slow to close the deal

97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Got to the Time Keeper on my best run so far

I died because it eventually ignored my freeze grenades and wolf traps and the broadsword was too slow to use in the latter parts of that fight

Necromancy mutation seems worthless, I never saw it go past 4 HP per kill even when I had well over 6000 max HP

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    KwoaruRadius
    Necromancy is a trap mutation that will never be worth it with the current numbers

2x39jD4.jpg
    MaddocKelorShortySyphonBlue
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Necromancy is a green mutation so it scales with the amount of ranks you put into green, not your max health.

(Not saying it scales enough to be worth it, mind you, just saying.)

KwoaruShorty
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Sooooooo close on the concierge!

HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    New Game + down. Onto ++

last fight was so dang close, my heart was pounding

NG+ mechanics
    not being able to refill your vials before the last boss fight really adds a challenge factor. I was only able to go into the fight with 2 vials available, ended up being jusssst enough

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Damn, people are flying through this game. I haven't beaten the Concierge more than once...I think I've done about twenty runs so far?

edited August 2018
    I beat the concierge a bunch on early access

never got to the top of the clock tower before though, legendary items and rerolling helps a ton

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
    edited August 2018
    Main thing with the concierge is to remember that enemies don't have contact damage, so you can just hug his face and mash attack while just waiting to react to his attack animations. Just back off for a bit after he shields up because that's when he'll pop his red aura

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    NG++ is fucking me right up

Steam ID
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I've gotten to the point where I can fairly reliably get to the Time Keeper, though some areas are real fuckers and I still haven't been able to get through the Ancient Sewers (Fuck those mushrooms)

97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2018

I later re rolled on the daggers and they got something like +250% damage on frozen or slomo targets which was VERY USEFUL

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I still haven't beat the concierge once!

Motherfucker takes too many hits!

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I reccomend a shield and parrying with the concierge, I was surprised how well it worked

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    edited August 2018
    blade traps are how I like to kill the concierge

I just focus on dodging and the traps will inevitably chip through his health

Edit nooo I had a legendary fire grenade and I rerolled my legendady dual bow to have plus damage to burning things and then after the concierge I accidentally rerolled the bow again

With my set up the concierge took less than a minute and now I'm too broke to reroll again

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I just had a real good set up. Rapier and the Bow that does crits when close. Both did +175% damage to frozen. Ice Grenade that lasted longer, Fire Grenade that also froze people. Just rolling up to frozen people getting crits with the rapier and bow. Felt like I'd hit a wall in the game and was not making overall progress and decided to go into the Ossurary for laughs which had kicked my ass previously. Just walked all the way through it. Let these grenades do most of the heavy lifting. Found and killed that rune guy for the floor smash.

Felt pretty good.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• burboburbo Registered User regular
    I've been working speed runs where I hold on to my cells until past the concierge so I can fill up the blacksmith.

But this last one dropped yellow weapons for me in every slot by the time I finished time keeper.

I guess I'll have to give it a go now.

How do you hold on to cells between areas?

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• burboburbo Registered User regular
    Does this game have any mechanism to catch you up on power scrolls if you've been doing speed runs (aside from the 1 that you get behind timed doors), or do you just need to resign yourself to being hopelessly underpowered by the time you get to the clock tower?

Could someone tell me behind spoilers which artifact you're supposed to get from the Crypt, if there is one?

Hobnail wrote: »
    How do you hold on to cells between areas?

You can break the door behind the collector

Steam ID
    That dirty bastard

Raijin QuickfootKwoaruKaplar
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    These motherfucking spike-back assholes in the ossuary. Not that hard to fight but any damage from the back does damage to you. Got two caught in a freeze/magnet grenade cluster and like 2 hits into my combo I just fucking died. And I had the impaler, too, so I was mad far away.

Bullshit.

Medium Dave on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    These motherfucking spike-back assholes in the ossuary. Not that hard to fight but any damage from the back does damage to you. Got two caught in a freeze/magnet grenade cluster and like 2 hits into my combo I just fucking died. And I had the impaler, too, so I was mad far away.

Bullshit.

Yeah I met those spike-back guys for the first time during my last run.

With a build that focused entirely around setting up backstabs with the auto-crit from behind dagger.

That run crashed and burned HARD on that level.

godmode wrote: »
    Could someone tell me behind spoilers which artifact you're supposed to get from the Crypt, if there is one?
    The Insufferable Crypt leads to the Slumbering Sanctuary, where you get the wall climbing rune

Steam ID
    Oh, I went from Crypt to clock room. Killed the boss, got trash, died in the castle.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Bullshit.

Yeah I met those spike-back guys for the first time during my last run.

With a build that focused entirely around setting up backstabs with the auto-crit from behind dagger.

That run crashed and burned HARD on that level.

I used nothing but my fire/ice grenades as a combo on those guys. Threw the grenades then stepped back and waited. Worked pretty well. I had a bunch of upgrades to the grenade recharge thing though.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

edited August 2018
    Oh, I went from Crypt to clock room. Killed the boss, got trash, died in the castle.

??, you have to go through Slumbering Sanctuary from Crypt if you don't have that rune.

Map of the stage branches:

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID

??, you have to go through Slumbering Sanctuary from Crypt if you don't have that rune.

I guarantee I went to clock room from Crypt. It may have been because I had the triple-jump amulet and I went somewhere I wasn't supposed to be able to get? I didn't completely clear the Crypt map because I was annoyed by the bullshit darkness mechanic.

Wait... There's more game after the Concierge?

Fuck if I'll ever see it!!

I guarantee I went to clock room from Crypt. It may have been because I had the triple-jump amulet and I went somewhere I wasn't supposed to be able to get? I didn't completely clear the Crypt map because I was annoyed by the bullshit darkness mechanic.

You are calling the Forgotten Sepulcher the crypt. There is an actual stage called Insufferable Crypt.

You'll need to go to the Ossuary before you can get to the Crypt

Steam ID
    Ooooh my bad, you're correct. I got confused cause you get crypt keys in the sepulcher.
    So is there an artifact in there I missed?

Ooooh my bad, you're correct. I got confused cause you get crypt keys in the sepulcher.

There's no rune there, no

Steam ID
  • Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    To get the wall climb rune you have to take the following path (requires Vine and Ram Runes):

Prisoner’s Quarters > Toxic Sewers > Ancient Sewers > Insufferable Crypt(Boss) > Slumbering Sanctuary

You are naturally funneled to the spider rune the first time you go through Slumbering Sanctuary

Radius wrote: »

There's two kicks, the Spartan sandals with no combo and the Hayabusa boots with a quite rad combo

Are the sandals any good? I've honestly been avoiding them because my god are we still makin 300 gags now, at this time, at this late date, cause if so we're doing it forever

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    They aren't great on their own but their strength is in positioning because if you kick someone into walls or spikes it does a ton of damage and they explode

CYpGAPn.png
    Shorty
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Radius wrote: »

There's two kicks, the Spartan sandals with no combo and the Hayabusa boots with a quite rad combo

Are the sandals any good? I've honestly been avoiding them because my god are we still makin 300 gags now, at this time, at this late date, cause if so we're doing it forever

Spartan sandals suck, hyabusa sandals are good

2x39jD4.jpg