As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dead Cells] - Out of Early Access and on Consoles

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    They aren't great on their own but their strength is in positioning because if you kick someone into walls or spikes it does a ton of damage and they explode

Or off ledges.

There was a third kick in early access that was basically the spiked shield, if you kicked an enemy during an attack, it would crit and interrupt. Dunno if it's still there.

David_T on
    cu4c1c5yy0xr.png
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Hmm, I'm always intrigued by items that seem to suck disproportionately, it always makes me feel there is something you can do to make it un-suck, the magikarp effect

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Speaking of things that suck

fuck the high peak castle and its dumb enemies who I hate very much

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
    godmodeazith28
  • BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Got the last boss to about 10%.

So close. Would have managed it too if I'd just had one more health vial to buy time with.

Think I'll leave it a while and come back after I've cooled off.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Ok, I didn't have the Hayabusa sandals, I had the Spiked sandals which critical when the enemy is attacking and bonus damage when you hit them from behind and level 2 frost blast and it took me to the final boss on my 4th run on a new save.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    So I started playing the full release game this morning, and I was happy with this game in early access, but holy shit they somehow made it better. I am still dogshit, and have only progressed to. . . ah crap I forget, but a couple stages after the Concierge. In early access I was never able to get this far, but it might have had something to do with the gear I picked up during my 4th, maybe 5th run today.
    6a33mkaxb0qp.jpg

Holy crap that whip was awesome, but I would forget to use it, simply because that bow was just wrecking everything in front of me.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    godmode
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I just beat the Concierge for the first time and it felt incredible

Raijin QuickfootKaplar
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Dang this game is kind of a bummer, story wise huh?

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Speaking of things that suck

fuck the high peak castle and its dumb enemies who I hate very much

This is my current brick wall.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    This game is pretty good. I found these throwing dagger that made dudes bleed and set the ground on fire. They really shredded shit, but then I died.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Do you have to fight the bosses every time, or just once?

6F32U1X.png
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Its a rogue like, they are a constant

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Do you have to fight the bosses every time, or just once?

Every time, baybeee

rhylithKwoaru
    Its a rogue like, they are a constant

This game is a lot like Rogue Legacy, I thought the bosses might be like that where you just need to beat them once

6F32U1X.png
  • mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    I’ve somehow taken this run where I’ve only gotten sandals to high peak castle.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Bought this game today and have played a few hours. Man I feel pretty useless when I don't get Frost Blast.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Uh. I fought the boss at the Insufferable Crypt
    How am I supposed to hit that guy? I got him down below half just by throw grenades at him when he went down low but then hit tentacles murdered me.

Also my favorite weapon is currently the lowly Infantry Bow. Just rolling up and popping them in the head with an arrow is so satisfying. Especially if you breach a door doing so.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Does restart on the menu just restart my current run?

Because if so that’ll help lots because whenever I start with the broadsword I may as well be dead already

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Dang that Hand fellow really has a lot of health huh. Almost took him down but I ran out of healing.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Does restart on the menu just restart my current run?

Because if so that’ll help lots because whenever I start with the broadsword I may as well be dead already

It does.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Uh. I fought the boss at the Insufferable Crypt
    How am I supposed to hit that guy? I got him down below half just by throw grenades at him when he went down low but then hit tentacles murdered me.

Also my favorite weapon is currently the lowly Infantry Bow. Just rolling up and popping them in the head with an arrow is so satisfying. Especially if you breach a door doing so.
    Fire, poison, and turret traps do work to those tentacles. Fire in particular seems to hit them even when they're burrowed.

godmodeKwoaru
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    It's a shame the daily challenges seem to be bugged because they're real fun and i'd love to get rewarded for doing them

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Man, super fuck the Insufferable Crypt boss

97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    It's a shame the daily challenges seem to be bugged because they're real fun and i'd love to get rewarded for doing them

What's bugged about them? I did them yesterday and got my blueprint.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    azith28
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Did you get one past the first?

I've got what some Googling told me is not a unique bug where that's the only one that would unlock for me and all subsequent runs don't make the counter go down

I think it's not on the PC version

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Funny enough, I felt pretty competent in the Insufferable Crypt boss fight. I died because I stopped to heal and took an unlucky poison shot but otherwise it didn't feel too difficult, unlike the clock boss who I only beat cause I had an insane loadout and I just button mashed to victory

KwoaruDer Waffle Mous
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Holy craaaap the slumbering sanctuary is such a cool zone!

Fuck those big golems though

I finally have the spider rune, so I can go everywhere now but really that just means routing to avoid the enemies I hate dealing with and never revisiting those other places ever

for the insufferable crypt boss I was carried through the tentacle phase by traps and fire

so much fire

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Finally beat the concierge.

The difficulty really ramps up after that.

HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
    TheStigTonkka
    Holy craaaap the slumbering sanctuary is such a cool zone!

Fuck those big golems though

I finally have the spider rune, so I can go everywhere now but really that just means routing to avoid the enemies I hate dealing with and never revisiting those other places ever

for the insufferable crypt boss I was carried through the tentacle phase by traps and fire

so much fire

I just did this too with the boss. Fire grenades and dodging.

Then I died to the miniboss in the sanctuary. If I’d had any other weapon than the broadsword I’d have had him as I was doing well jumping his shots between my grenades but could not hit his little adds due to the slowness of the broadsword swing and finally got overwhelmed.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I have beaten the final boss.

I can't wait to do this run about 50 thousand more times.

TheStigTonkkagodmode
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Finished the daily today with 10 seconds on the clock

My eSports boss strat involved "Standing in his face and mashing Y as fast as possible oh god please die the clock is running out"

97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
    Tonkkagodmode
  • PeewiPeewi I edited this in 2024 I edited this in 2024Registered User regular
    Turns out you can break down doors you need to pay to open.

Also turns out that doing so curses you.

godmodeRaijin QuickfootTonkkaShortyNobeard
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Hahah! I got the rune that lets you open the little challenge areas and who's pulling my leg with that shit? It's not even a waste of time, I get obliterated in like fifteen seconds

you mean the ones in the sublevels or the big door at the start of the game? The little ones arent bad at all. The one at the entrance can be tough, but you start working out the optimal choices to make and can take them down. like the one yesterday had an opening choice of a shovel or a torch, then immediately put me in a room with a friggin golem. took me a dozen or more attempts but i finished the daily challenge, got the weapon reward.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    godmode wrote: »
    Damn, people are flying through this game. I haven't beaten the Concierge more than once...I think I've done about twenty runs so far?

Many of us here have been playing the game in early access on steam for like 6-12 months.

Hobnail wrote: »
    Radius wrote: »
    Did kicks always do a combo? Because they are now my favorite weapon.

There's two kicks, the Spartan sandals with no combo and the Hayabusa boots with a quite rad combo

Are the sandals any good? I've honestly been avoiding them because my god are we still makin 300 gags now, at this time, at this late date, cause if so we're doing it forever

Spartan sandals suck, hyabusa sandals are good

BTW, has anyone gotten both the hyabusa sandals and the hyabusa gauntlets equipped at the same time? It would be near if they gave a special bonus to use both.

I appreciate on paper the irreverence of the tone of this game, but in actuality wow is it extremely unfunny

6F32U1X.png
    masterofmetroidRadius
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Turns out you can break down doors you need to pay to open.

Also turns out that doing so curses you.

My plan to not pay for the hunters grenade backfired spectacularly on me

• BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Came back after getting killed by the last boss yesterday and killed them for the first time on my first run today.

Had a pretty much ideal setup. Legendary Assassin Dagger, Frost Blast and Crossb-O-Matic and a second VII++ turret with good synergy.

Ending:
    That... didn't explain much. I still want to keep playing though so hopefully there's more to dig up.

I appreciate that my character was as confused as I was.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
    Well, the procedural generation created a level that I physically cannot get through right at the start of the furthest I've ever gotten, so that's cooooooool

6F32U1X.png
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Are you sure you are not missing a upgrade hidden on the level

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Raijin QuickfootTonkkagodmodeShortyBlankZoeMedium DaveKwoaruFencingsax