As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dead Cells] - Out of Early Access and on Consoles

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Hmmm, very good, I'll do a few runs to get that blacksmith up to at least 50%

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Though I spose you can't really speed through past the Concierge because if you get to the Concierge with the starter weapons and only a couple stat upgrades you are turbofucked

This ended my last run in which I got two times doors

Just didn't have high enough numbers going in, and he eventually whittled me down

97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Wait I actually had a question before I got distracted by bad jokes, what gets you more cells, making it to the timed doors or clearing zones thoroughly? It seems like later zones drop cells like crazy but there's also more cells behind the doors

I’ve found the timed doors to be more trouble than they’re worth, aside from one run through to get any patterns in them.

I don't know, they really eased up on the timing, apart from the first door sometimes, I'm usually able to map out the entire level and grab the good loot and still make it to the timed doors.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I wonder if there's a way to cheese the concierge, my time gate rush always end there

Peas on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I beat the Concierge on my first encounter (first run that I made it that far) and dropped wolf traps and those x-bow traps things and jumped an rolled the entire time. May have taken a while longer than working on doing direct damage, but if you can keep that monster in the middle of the room and run away when traps aren't active/on cool down it's not so bad?

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    The wolf traps are one of the least flashy items in the game while also being the best items in the game

KwoaruTonkkaTommy2Hands
  • burboburbo Registered User regular
    I also found wolf traps and shooty traps to work well on him. Just get used to his tells and dodge through.

You can also straight up melee him if you use a good shield and get good at dodging through his swipes.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    The wolf traps are one of the least flashy items in the game while also being the best items in the game

Wolf traps working on every boss with feet makes them incredibly powerful

2x39jD4.jpg
    Shortymasterofmetroid
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    When I beat the Concierge the first time it was with a liberal use of the cleaver trap and ice grenades.

HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I just got to the Clock Tower for the first time

https://youtu.be/Exvpfv7ylQw

I didn’t get to enjoy the scenery long

TonkkaNobeard
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

damn, he a boss AND he got feet?

6F32U1X.png
    Tonkka
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Clock tower is as far as I have been as well.

I hate getting poisoned in games, yet somehow toxic sewers doesn't bother me at all really. It's probably due to the music in that level. I should really get that soundtrack on my phone, like, now.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Whoa, he's a boss, AND he got feet?

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I just made it past the Clock Tower for the first time (to die pretty quickly in the castle)

I had a sinew slicer and an autocrossbow, each of which was doing a different bonus damage, so my enemies were constantly bleeding, poisoned, and on fire while I stayed safely out of reach with an ice blast just in case they got too close

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I appreciate that you won't take damage if you only briefly dip your toes in the toxic pools.

Rhesus Positive
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I think my favorite weapons so far are either the hayabusa shoes or the spiteful sword.

Spiteful sword in particular has carried me through some runs, including the one where I beat the last guy. Pairing it with a lot of damage reduction gear turns you into a crit machine who just stands in the face of big enemies and laughs.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    It's really wild the vast differences that the various unlocks can give to your game

Like, people in this thread are constantly talking about weapons I've never even seen the blueprint for, saying that they're absolutely vital

And I assume I've got some stuff unlocked that I adore that other people don't know about as well?

It's crazy

godmodeFencingsax
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am having a good run. These boots are made for kicking really hard. Also the bow is very fine.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Tonkka
    Man I found my first rapier and rapiers are ILL, super fast stabby combo that crits after rolling, the one I found was gold and level IV, too bad I fucking instantly died

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Man I found my first rapier and rapiers are ILL, super fast stabby combo that crits after rolling, the one I found was gold and level IV, too bad I fucking instantly died

Except for rapiers not having any verticality, they are my favorite sword. Combine with and infantry bow and just role right up to someone and crit with either weapon.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Freezing someone and then smashing their ass with a big broadsword is the dopest shit

6F32U1X.png
    Librarian's ghostTonkkaNogginRhesus PositiveTommy2HandsHefflingNobeard
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Having a new legendary drop or getting your freebie for paying off a blueprint is such a conundrum, as you want to try this new thing, but you also throw your build into disarray. Wave of Denial is very good against mooks, but pointless against bosses, as I learnt the hard way.

Hand of the King more like owww

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Playing yesterday on friends console: One legendary, at least, per run. Beat Concierge on second run.

Playing today on my console: Three hours without any legendaries. Can't get past ramparts.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Made it to the clock tower.

Wow, everyone is so mean here.

Tonkka
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I liked the bit where you can inspect the bodies next to the mutation merchant. I thought that was funny.

DrezNogginI Zimbra
    Torch, secret top tier?

PeasAistan
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I beat the game. I think? There were credits. It didn't count as a clear in the progress list guy at the start though so I dunno.

I guess I keep playing to unlock more stuff.

Geez everything from the level to the monsters and the boss in the ancient sewers are just the worst man

Maddoc
    So I went into the ancient sepulchre and that was a fucking mistake, Jesus lord

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I've gotten better at dealing with those mushroom dudes, but they're still by far the enemy that causes the most shenanigans during fights because of the range at which they grow their spikes

You'll often be fighting something else without knowing the mushroom is even offscreen yet, and you need to pay careful attention to the floor at all times to avoid it

97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
    godmodeKwoaru
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    So I haven't played since the clock tower update

Who the hell is the Concierge, is that the Black Bridge boss now or something?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    So I haven't played since the clock tower update

Who the hell is the Concierge, is that the Black Bridge boss now or something?

Yes

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I guess the Incomplete One is... complete

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Shorty
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I've gotten better at dealing with those mushroom dudes, but they're still by far the enemy that causes the most shenanigans during fights because of the range at which they grow their spikes

You'll often be fighting something else without knowing the mushroom is even offscreen yet, and you need to pay careful attention to the floor at all times to avoid it

The mushroom dudes do train you to get better at the game, I think. Get you better at attacking while being mobile and paying attention to multiple things at once.

godmode
    The mushroom dudes taught me to always be rolling in a total panick, even if there's like one enemy on screen panicked rolling should be performed

burboTonkka
    Last night I did a sword and board run, including a party and slash strategy against first 2 bosses (died in castle). It was surprisingly easy and effective, esp since I had my starting shield the whole time. Pretty fun!

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Mushrooms taught me to find the most convenient nearby vertical pipe and be ready to hop on it at any moment

burboRhesus Positive
    Found the ripper mutation and the third garden key without looking online, feels good man

godmode wrote: »
    Mushrooms taught me to find the most convenient nearby vertical pipe and be ready to hop on it at any moment

And then the dick bats appeared