As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Board Games] aren't worth playing until you add at least five expansions

• Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I have to say though after playing Root I'd much rather play that than Vast. Which is sad because Vast only got to the table twice. Vast just seems much harder to teach and learn, especially the goblins.

Agree 100%. It makes me a little sad as someone that has all the KS extras for Vast, but it had a hard time seeing the table as it was.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    What kinda game is Root, anyway?

I've heard the name a ton but never got a grasp on what it is, even when I look it up

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

I've heard the name a ton but never got a grasp on what it is, even when I look it up

An assymetric area control/light war game kind of thing.

• Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular

Are controli-ish game. 4 factions (in the base game) are fighting for control of a forest clearing. They each have very unique actions and ways to get vistory points. In the base game the factions are:
    Cats: currenty rules of the clearing. Want to build up.
    Birds: Previous rules, wand it back. They get increasingly more powerful until it all crashes down adn they have to rebuild.
    Alliance: Oppresed worker animals (bunies, foxes,mice). They try to cause rebellions.
    Vagabond: Faction of one. Trying to gain fame/treasure. He helps the other factions out in exchange for resources/VPs.

• Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    So I got to play two games I really wanted to play last week.

Galaxy Trucker I'd been wanting to play since I saw the Shut Up & Sit Down review on it. The ship building phase was really fun. I put together what I thought was a great ship and even finished building first. The first encounter was slavers, they took my two crew and one alien and Player Elimination. Hmm. Well then. In round two I built my ship to have as many crew and status chambers as possible, guns and shields but then I took too long building my ship and was in last place. And there was only one engine left. The first three cards were planets I couldn't land on because I was in last. The fourth card was an asteroid shower, during which an asteroid came from the left, knocking off a part of my ship connected to my engine and Player Elimination. The game is fun, but it seems like the fun is heavily concentrated in the ship building part of the game. Its probably better with less than five people where you aren't fighting so hard to build a ship with everything you need.

Just to be sure - you know you're not eliminated when you lose your last engine, right? You're only eliminated if you hit an Open Space card with no engines.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular

Are controli-ish game. 4 factions (in the base game) are fighting for control of a forest clearing. They each have very unique actions and ways to get vistory points. In the base game the factions are:
    Cats: currenty rules of the clearing. Want to build up.
    Birds: Previous rules, wand it back. They get increasingly more powerful until it all crashes down adn they have to rebuild.
    Alliance: Oppresed worker animals (bunies, foxes,mice). They try to cause rebellions.
    Vagabond: Faction of one. Trying to gain fame/treasure. He helps the other factions out in exchange for resources/VPs.

The game is also a bit weird in that certain factions are supposed to "deal with" other factions. I found out in my first game that if you're playing the Marquise de Cat and the Eyrie are in the game, you're supposed to keep them in check. If the cat player isn't keeping the birds in check, the birds are going to run away with the game.

It creates weird metagames based on which factions are in play, kind of like a RTS game. It's why nobody should ever play with the Lizards in their first game, because the Lizards are almost like a cheese play in Starcraft. By the time you notice you're losing, it's too late.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    Factions playing against each other is pretty common in that kind of assymetric game I think. It's definitely a thing in the couple that I've played. It's part of why the have steep learning curves, as people get a feel for what they need to be doing with their faction specifically, and in the game overall.

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited August 2018

Galaxy Trucker I'd been wanting to play since I saw the Shut Up & Sit Down review on it. The ship building phase was really fun. I put together what I thought was a great ship and even finished building first. The first encounter was slavers, they took my two crew and one alien and Player Elimination. Hmm. Well then. In round two I built my ship to have as many crew and status chambers as possible, guns and shields but then I took too long building my ship and was in last place. And there was only one engine left. The first three cards were planets I couldn't land on because I was in last. The fourth card was an asteroid shower, during which an asteroid came from the left, knocking off a part of my ship connected to my engine and Player Elimination. The game is fun, but it seems like the fun is heavily concentrated in the ship building part of the game. Its probably better with less than five people where you aren't fighting so hard to build a ship with everything you need.

Last night I got to play Root, Tried to get into games of it last week but failed. We played a 5 player game: Cats(me), Eyrie, Lizard Cult, and Two Vagabonds. The Lizards seem pretty OP, although it was my first game so maybe I'm wrong. The lizards can put their lizards in any clearing of the map. They can replace your buildings with one of their gardens, and they can replace your warriors with their lizards. Killing their lizards gives them more lizards to replace your warriors with. Their buildings can kill you when you try to wipe them out. Within the first few turns I had lost all of my warriors except for 3-4 and all of my buildings except the ones in my home clearing. The Eyrie was exploding across the map until the lizards replaced all of them. The vagabonds both allied with me which was great for free cards, but apparently when they are allied they can move with you, pulling your warriors with them. They used my cats as meat shields to kill lizards, then the lizards would replace the remaining cats with lizards on their turn. I was okay with that because I didn't understand until the end of the game that the vagabond alliance only lets them share your victory, not the other way around. A vagabond won when the Lizards went for dominance, summoning 6+ lizards a turn to a clearing, everyone else had to send all their troops to the clearing to stop them from winning, those troops were replaced by lizards on the lizards turn and the vagabonds just racked up the points for killing lizards over and over.

I'm starting to become very wary of expansion character/races. I'd like to try again without the lizards in play.

There's so much here I find interesting because a lot of it is eyebrow-raising "I'm not sure you're playing the rules properly" and other bits can generally be chalked up to "5 players is not the ideal number for either of these games."

A huge part of the ship-building in Galaxy Trucker is also peaking at the cards you'll see. Sure, a few more get added before round start, but you should have a pretty good idea of if you need engines or lasers to succeed, or if you need to be wary of events like Stardust or Epidemic. Also, being low on engines won't automatically discount you from landing on planets unless there were a lot of other things you should have had engines for. Making a choice to interact with any card you get the choice to interact with will set a player back spaces on the track. If you had 3 planets early on, some other players should probably have fallen behind you (though with 5 I can see how that wouldn't happen). If not, well, see above about knowing what's out there.
    Regardless, the game is very much about "shit going wrong", and nothing is more proof of this than the expansion adding cards that just make things harder and worse for everyone. Ironically, after a few games this sort of thing feels necessary because with a little knowledge of the decks, it's not so hard to build survivable/successful ships.

As far as Root goes, while I haven't yet played it, there's an early consensus that the Lizards are far and away the most underpowered faction, largely relying on other players playing badly to give them a chance. Given it was your first game and it had 5 players, I can see how something like that would happen, but it's a pretty good idea to never declare something "totally broken / degenerate / overpowered" after just one game.

I rather hope you revisit both games with 3 or 4 players instead as they should each be more enjoyable with less downtime. Or at least Galaxy Trucker will be provided you can enjoy participating in mass failure events. ;P Either way, good status reports~

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    Last night I got to play Root, Tried to get into games of it last week but failed. We played a 5 player game: Cats(me), Eyrie, Lizard Cult, and Two Vagabonds.

Yeah, you got cheated pretty hard by the Vagabonds. Probably without anybody meaning to, but even so.

- Allied and Coalition are two different things. Allied means the Vagabond gave you enough aid in a single turn to jump relation status, three times. Coalition means the Vagabond used a Dominance card to pull his VP marker off the track and into your player board. You ride together you die together. Coalition doesn't give any relationship changes, other than to remove Hostile and go back to Indifferent, once only.
    - I don't know if this mattered or if it was a one-off sudden but inevitable betrayal, but if the Vagabond's leading an allied army and takes more hits with the army than he does with his own gear, that previously allied faction immediately goes Hostile.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

Last night I got to play Root, Tried to get into games of it last week but failed. We played a 5 player game: Cats(me), Eyrie, Lizard Cult, and Two Vagabonds. The Lizards seem pretty OP, although it was my first game so maybe I'm wrong. The lizards can put their lizards in any clearing of the map. They can replace your buildings with one of their gardens, and they can replace your warriors with their lizards. Killing their lizards gives them more lizards to replace your warriors with. Their buildings can kill you when you try to wipe them out. Within the first few turns I had lost all of my warriors except for 3-4 and all of my buildings except the ones in my home clearing. The Eyrie was exploding across the map until the lizards replaced all of them. The vagabonds both allied with me which was great for free cards, but apparently when they are allied they can move with you, pulling your warriors with them. They used my cats as meat shields to kill lizards, then the lizards would replace the remaining cats with lizards on their turn. I was okay with that because I didn't understand until the end of the game that the vagabond alliance only lets them share your victory, not the other way around. A vagabond won when the Lizards went for dominance, summoning 6+ lizards a turn to a clearing, everyone else had to send all their troops to the clearing to stop them from winning, those troops were replaced by lizards on the lizards turn and the vagabonds just racked up the points for killing lizards over and over.

I'm starting to become very wary of expansion character/races. I'd like to try again without the lizards in play.

There's so much here I find interesting because a lot of it is eyebrow-raising "I'm not sure you're playing the rules properly" and other bits can generally be chalked up to "5 players is not the ideal number for either of these games."

A huge part of the ship-building in Galaxy Trucker is also peaking at the cards you'll see. Sure, a few more get added before round start, but you should have a pretty good idea of if you need engines or lasers to succeed, or if you need to be wary of events like Stardust or Epidemic. Also, being low on engines won't automatically discount you from landing on planets unless there were a lot of other things you should have had engines for. Making a choice to interact with any card you get the choice to interact with will set a player back spaces on the track. If you had 3 planets early on, some other players should probably have fallen behind you (though with 5 I can see how that wouldn't happen). If not, well, see above about knowing what's out there.
    Regardless, the game is very much about "shit going wrong", and nothing is more proof of this than the expansion adding cards that just make things harder and worse for everyone. Ironically, after a few games this sort of thing feels necessary because with a little knowledge of the decks, it's not so hard to build survivable/successful ships.

As far as Root goes, while I haven't yet played it, there's an early consensus that the Lizards are far and away the most underpowered faction, largely relying on other players playing badly to give them a chance. Given it was your first game and it had 5 players, I can see how something like that would happen, but it's a pretty good idea to never declare something "totally broken / degenerate / overpowered" after just one game.

I rather hope you revisit both games with 3 or 4 players instead as they should each be more enjoyable with less downtime. Or at least Galaxy Trucker will be provided you can enjoy participating in mass failure events. ;P Either way, good status reports~

We may not have been playing the rules properly, these were both games taught by others. Other others each time though.

Galaxy Trucker looking at cards was not brought up at all. Which would be weird if that were a rule because he person teaching it is one of the better game teachers I've played with. That would have made things a lot better on the first round probably. I would have had a score at the end of the game if I had either not been first or had more crew. Or more guns I guess. I didn't hate it but it was a bit of a spectator sport for me.

Root: Technically I just said the lizards seemed overpowered, but allowed that it was my first game so I might be wrong. And I'm perfectly willing to say that I probably played badly. The way the cats work is just very easily disrupted by the lizards. You need to build sawmills to allow you to build more sawmills and recruiters. Without recruiters you can't reinforce. Each recruiter or sawmill takes 1 or more wood and one of your three actions. Each sawmill makes one wood. So if lizards replace your sawmill for a garden each turn I'm not really sure how you fight that as the cats. You are also having 1-2 cats per turn just turning into lizards, then you lose 0-3 cats each time you try to remove lizards/gardens from a clearing. Birds get replaced too, but they are able to recruit a lot easier than the cats. Vagabonds can't become lizards so are really unaffected by lizards.

As I was flipping through the Root Rules while other people were going I noticed in a 5 player game with Lizards cats are not recommended. I'd be happy to try either game again.
    Glazius wrote: »
    Last night I got to play Root, Tried to get into games of it last week but failed. We played a 5 player game: Cats(me), Eyrie, Lizard Cult, and Two Vagabonds.

Yeah, you got cheated pretty hard by the Vagabonds. Probably without anybody meaning to, but even so.

- Allied and Coalition are two different things. Allied means the Vagabond gave you enough aid in a single turn to jump relation status, three times. Coalition means the Vagabond used a Dominance card to pull his VP marker off the track and into your player board. You ride together you die together. Coalition doesn't give any relationship changes, other than to remove Hostile and go back to Indifferent, once only.
    - I don't know if this mattered or if it was a one-off sudden but inevitable betrayal, but if the Vagabond's leading an allied army and takes more hits with the army than he does with his own gear, that previously allied faction immediately goes Hostile.

Interesting. Is it possible its only a move in the expansion? They said they could only do it once per game to the person in last place. They certainly didn't remove their VP marker from the track.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited August 2018
    *snip*
    Glazius wrote: »

Interesting. Is it possible its only a move in the expansion? They said they could only do it once per game to the person in last place. They certainly didn't remove their VP marker from the track.

If they took the Domination card and formed a coalition with the player in last place, then yes, they can only do it once per game. They remove their VP marker from the track and put it on the board of the player who is currently in last place. They can no longer gain victory points.

This is also why you remove your VP marker from the track when you take a Dominance card, by the way. Someone who has taken a Dominance card cannot be coalitioned with, since their VP marker is not on the track anymore. The vagabonds have to form coalitions with the lowest VP marker on the track.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Hey I'm flying at the end of the month. Any good portable game options ala mint works/delivery but actually purchasable? I couldn't find mint works and delivery seems to just be shipping to KS backers now.

My most favorite portable games are Sushi Go and Love Letter

• Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    In Galaxy Trucker[/b, peeking at the cards is definitely a rule. It's not in the basic rules at the front of the book, but farther back in the advanced rules.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I dunno. Root feels like you’re all playing 4 different solo games (Birds are playing Twilight Imperium, Vagabond is playing Mage Knight, etc) and you can occasionally flip someone else’s table over. There’s asymmetry, and then there’s not even playing the same game. Once you get past the newness, it doesn’t seem...fun? I keep thinking Chaos in the Old World is the better designed 4 player asymmetric dudes on a map game despite being over 10 years old.

MrBody on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I keep trying to get chaos out on the table again. I really miss playing that game.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    btw anyone who wants to see how COIN plays we're starting up our PbP over here!

• Options
    LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    We never actually peek at cards in Galaxy Trucker, because time spend fumbling for cards is time spent missing out on lasers, but it's definitely a rule.

When you're creating the decks, you should have four piles of cards, with two cards from the current level and one from each previous level in each stack. One of the four is set aside. You have to have put a part on your ship every time you want to look at a stack. When the building part is done, all four stacks are mixed together, ensuring a current-level card is on top.

QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Woohoo! Smashed it in two games of Scythe tonight. The answer is clearly ruthless efficiency, which also makes the game kind of a bit dry and, dare I say, dull?

Despite my wins I wasn’t riveted and won’t be clamouring for further plays, put it that way.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    It seems to be too much solitaire to me.
    I think you could probably script the first 1/3-2/3 of the game based on the fixed faction starts and whatever board you wound up pulling

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    The designer has said that he figured out how to balance modular/nonstatic starting conditions, so I'm looking forward to that.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    I think you could probably script the first 1/3-2/3 of the game based on the fixed faction starts and whatever board you wound up pulling

The thing with Scythe is that, even while building your own engine, once you've got a war machine ready you totally have the option to start monkeying with the other players' engines. "Why, I'll just walk over here. Nice oil-producing windmill you've set up."

And sure, it's not optimal for your own VP generation and a lot of people don't like to be the first aggressor, but jamming a stick into another person's wheel, especially when they're not expecting it, can throw them way off their calculations. Now they're reacting. Do they try to come back at you? Steal your stuff from an unprotected area? Do they need to get into a protracted, costly battle? Is it actually worth it to react aggressively, or will they let this incursion lie as a single setback to their bigger plan?

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Hm, as someone who loves Vast but has a hard time getting it to table because it's difficult to get everyone to grok all of the very different roles....

I may need to grab Root.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    How long is root?

sig.gif
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    How long is root?

60 to 90 ish minutes based on BGG and folks talking about it here.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Bursar wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »

The thing with Scythe is that, even while building your own engine, once you've got a war machine ready you totally have the option to start monkeying with the other players' engines. "Why, I'll just walk over here. Nice oil-producing windmill you've set up."

And sure, it's not optimal for your own VP generation and a lot of people don't like to be the first aggressor, but jamming a stick into another person's wheel, especially when they're not expecting it, can throw them way off their calculations. Now they're reacting. Do they try to come back at you? Steal your stuff from an unprotected area? Do they need to get into a protracted, costly battle? Is it actually worth it to react aggressively, or will they let this incursion lie as a single setback to their bigger plan?

It's too little, too late though.
    At this stage, when they're invading, I've no resources on the board and producing what I need to use next turn, if not this turn.

I guess if they move in, then they're doing the same with a 'Move' top line action, and trying for stars. Which means attacking my mechs, not my resource engine which likely has no mechs.
    And if they take some resources, they've then need to use them immediately, lest my mech respawn and then march right back to the same nearby hex.

I don't see how you invade and steal resources, since early game you can't invade, and late there's no resources.
    So there's no point.

discrider on
  • Options
    The threat of someone stealing your stuff shapes where you go and what you do in Scythe much more than people actually steal your stuff. I like the feeling of that, but I do find the game pretty samey after a while and basically boiling down to cranking out your stars in your corner of the board as fast as you can and then doing a couple moves to capture hexes and end the game through combat stars.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    I feel like only the event resources could be stolen.
    As they are generated away from you.

discrider on
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Played Modern Art tonight, which is still my favorite auction game. It's simultaneously so simple and yet still so very difficult to accurately assess what each painting is worth, especially when the player beside you won't stop automatically adding $1 to each of your carefully thought-out bids....

Ended up in second place in a relatively close game (all out final scores were between $400 and $500).

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    I've always been curious about pursuing a Scythe strategy that played willy nilly with acquiring stars. Looking at the scoring, they're worth more coins than any single other aspect, but not that much more and they're much, much harder to get. 4 coins for a star, 3 for each territory? Instead of focusing 4-8 actions on getting a star, why not grab 1-3 territories with 1-2 actions?

I think it might be the brain associating stars with victory and making them top priority, but I'm starting to think making them secondary to territory grabbing and popularity is the way to go (or at least equally valid).

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Territory is kinda hard to hold on to especially once your opponents notice it - you're not guaranteed to have them all unless you're the one ending the game, which means you also have to gun for six stars.

Popularity-wise, I'm thinking you either need to be the highest one (or tied with the highest) among players to have an edge (even if it's just being at level 2 if everyone is at level 1) by end game, or be Saxony and end the game before anyone gunning for high Pop can set up.

• Options
    I don't know how you'd prioritise territory to be honest.
    The more you spread out, the less productive each Produce is going to be, so you'd have to not be doing that.
    Perhaps cap out your villagers early with that faction that lets them swim, and then just Trade somehow?

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    I just disliked how random the event cards felt on top of the fact that it gave me big Mechs and then barely let me play with them. In any fun way. Big ol stompy miniature, largely not fighting.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Yeah, they'd be more honest with buses instead of mechs.
    The Battle Bluff mechanic really is un satistfying.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    The event cards seemed fine to me, largely because they felt like a third (random) action.
    So anything they did was just gravy on top of a fully utilised top + bottom turn.

• Options
    MrBody wrote: »
    I've always been curious about pursuing a Scythe strategy that played willy nilly with acquiring stars. Looking at the scoring, they're worth more coins than any single other aspect, but not that much more and they're much, much harder to get. 4 coins for a star, 3 for each territory? Instead of focusing 4-8 actions on getting a star, why not grab 1-3 territories with 1-2 actions?

I think it might be the brain associating stars with victory and making them top priority, but I'm starting to think making them secondary to territory grabbing and popularity is the way to go (or at least equally valid).

I think someone rushing stars efficiently ends the game before you can grab enough points this way. Could probably go either way of both sides played well, but sitting in a corner rushing stars is a lot less probe too people messing with you than expanding is, also.

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    MrBody wrote: »

I think someone rushing stars efficiently ends the game before you can grab enough points this way. Could probably go either way of both sides played well, but sitting in a corner rushing stars is a lot less probe too people messing with you than expanding is, also.
    Is it actually a lot less prone? One of niggling things I always felt about the game was how the tunnel system made the entire board much smaller than it actually is, so nobody is ever that far away if they actually want to come fuck you up. I guess it's more that "sending you home" all of 3 spaces isn't as big as sending you home 5?

• Options
    If you're spreading out to a bunch of hexes and pumping hearts you're making yourself a very obvious target. If you're sitting on you're sitting in your home spaces cranking out starts people can still come mess with you, but it takes a more concerted effort for questionable gains.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Woohoo! Smashed it in two games of Scythe tonight. The answer is clearly ruthless efficiency, which also makes the game kind of a bit dry and, dare I say, dull?

Despite my wins I wasn’t riveted and won’t be clamouring for further plays, put it that way.

At least that's on-brand for a game about farming and giant robots.

I definitely feel like there probably exists a "best opening" for each faction+board combination, and probably a "best mid-game plan" as well. It takes way too much effort to try to go disrupt someone else. If you go try to knock someone else back, maybe you can succeed at disrupting them, but you're wasting so much of your own time that all the other players should pass you in points while you're at it. I love the artwork, but I just don't enjoy the game.

• Options
    Playing another game of Root this week with 5 players. One person will be new. Should we use the otter faction, or just have a second vagabond?

• Options
    Speaking of Scythe I also got to play the Disney Villain game Villainous. Which was described to me as Scythe like because you can't go to the same spot twice. Anyways.

Its mostly a solitaire card game, every villain is trying to lock down their own world, but you can mess with each other by forcing them to fight their own heroes. Its not bad, but its really random, if someone has the cards they need to win at the top of their deck they are probably going to win. Also Maleficent is pretty powerful. We were all screwing with her every turn but she still won. Odd choices for the Villains included as well: Ursula, Jafar, Captain Hook, Prince John, Maleficent, and Queen of Hearts. Captain Hook is from a movie Disney will never release in the United States again. I guess slot it into family games?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

This discussion has been closed.