As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [steam] Autumn Sale has come, now until 11/27!!!

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I posted this in the CK2 thread, but felt it worthy of crossposting.
    Mere days into his reign, Duke Floofy of Toulouse became a cannibal kitten.
    POxw4ez.png

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    You monster.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Was it your young child who hunted and killed another cat for his father to eat?

• CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I'm just now hearing about Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem. Or if I had heard of it before, I forgot about it. I've never really filled my gaming void when Marvel Heroes died last year. That was my game, the game that I dedicated the majority of my time to and when it went away, I've kind of just bounced around from one game to the next without really settling on anything for too long. I've tried to find other ARPG games & tried to find other Marvel games, but none of them gave me that same feeling. Like it could become the game that I was known for. In example, I couldn't get into Path of Exile at all. Tried Grim Dawn, Diablo 3, etc. I've even been following games like Torchlight Frontiers while in their Alpha stage. Wolcen looks pretty good to me.

I watched this ~20 minute video from Rykker from back in January & I think it did a good job of showing off Wolcen from where it was at almost a year ago. There's even some people streaming it currently on Twitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr3G7M_pqqE

Marvel Heroes was great because it was Free-to-Play, so I could try to convince my real life friends to give it a shot & play with me. Two of my friends actually stuck around & we were playing it together, something I had not really had in online gaming since Diablo II (which I played the hell out of) and early World of Warcraft days. I miss that camaraderie in gaming, where I had a friend list & I could logon whenever and see people that I knew online that I could play with. For like the last decade, I've mainly been a solo gamer & it's not nearly as fun.

I got into PC Gaming around the year 2000. The first big games that I really dedicated a lot of time to were CounterStrike & Diablo II. I fell out of favor with shooters & messed around with some MMOs but the games that grabbed me the most from then to present were Diablo II and Marvel Heroes. I'm a fan of treasure hunting, crafting, collecting & building so ARPGs can tick a lot of boxes for me.

Wolcen is apparently in "technical beta phase 2" but is available on Steam. Since it's still in a beta, should I be concerned about how low the player count on Steamcharts is?

Coffey on
    76561197967491341.png
    I tried Wolcen a while back and it was kinda interesting, but didn't do anything that stood out enough to make me want to deal with it in early access, so I shoved it in my "wait for release" category.

One of my kids is a big fan of it, though. But he also likes Warframe and TF2 and once 100%'d Bad Rats, so his judgement is suspect at best. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Was it your young child who hunted and killed another cat for his father to eat?

Nope, Frumpkin is my court physician. Cat doctors, what're ya gonna do?

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

He figured you suck at hunting

Madican wrote: »
    Zavian wrote: »

He figured you suck at hunting

Well Duke Floofy IS a smallpox ridden kitten after all

• CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    One of my kids... once 100%'d Bad Rats

L E G E N D !

76561197967491341.png
  • IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    8942t3uipbqz.png
    ea1p8jc7lsg8.png

@Spoit took offense to my steam wishlist never going below 15 games.
    And @akajaybay piled on me some more with a cute adventure game.
    Thanks guys. <3<3

And somehow @Spoit noticed I snuck a 15th game back on my wishlist after his last gift. So mean.

Thank you. <3

2zmk1yo3dadm.png

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Reminder to check the flash deals on Fanatical

Stand outs: Nepnep 7 for $4
    Flame in the Flood for $2 (if you didn't get it free already)
    Total Warhammer 1 for $14
    Dex $1

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Return of Obra Dinn is pretty cool so far, even if I have my issues with it (I can't tell if the art style is muddling these death dioramas or if I'm just missing something, because in this one memory I'm being told I saw two people die when I can only see one). There's also this ghost trail that you have to follow to find the next body or whatever, and it sometimes likes to loop around an entire room just to end up 2 feet from where you were standing (there were two memories/deaths in very quick succession, timeline wise). This game is less "wander around and do things in any order" walking sim and more "puzzle game with hints and clues meted out in a fairly expected order" game

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    SoW Expasion Pass gets me everything extra for the game right?

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

Dex $1

70% off Wolfenstein: The New Colossus is pretty great.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    SoW Expasion Pass gets me everything extra for the game right?

Shadow of War?

EDIT2: It is indeed the expansion pass you want, not the story expansion pass. My bad.

The one that comes with the two tribes as well as the two story expansions.

Undead Scottsman on
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or has the timer on that Fanatical site been at 00:00:00 for well over an hour with no new game listed?

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    So, I've beaten Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams. Not the best nor most inventive platformer, but it did a lot of things right. The switching mechanic was interesting, the mostly unlimited lives allowed for trial and error, and the visuals of switching from a nightmare or dream world were always interesting to me.

I don't need more of it, but it was totally serviceable as a platformer, and avoided the "retro" pitfalls that too many other games seem to have identified as fun.

This also leave only two of my chosen games for this month's theme, which I have to say is actually sort of impressive to me, as that's more games than I think I've beaten/retired in a while.

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular

Dex $1

Dex is cool. For a buck, don't pass that up if it catches your attention.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    So, I've beaten Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams. Not the best nor most inventive platformer, but it did a lot of things right. The switching mechanic was interesting, the mostly unlimited lives allowed for trial and error, and the visuals of switching from a nightmare or dream world were always interesting to me.

I don't need more of it, but it was totally serviceable as a platformer, and avoided the "retro" pitfalls that too many other games seem to have identified as fun.

This also leave only two of my chosen games for this month's theme, which I have to say is actually sort of impressive to me, as that's more games than I think I've beaten/retired in a while.

The developer went on to make the newest Bubsy game, which is apparently not very good and runs on the same engine as Twisted Dreams.

Speaking of Bubsy, the same team that made the Runner series are making a Bubsy game and it looks like it uses the same engine as Runner3. Maybe they’ll be the first people to make a good Bubsy game?

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular

Dex $1

Xcom2 collection is $35 at Fanatical, but it's back at its all-time low of $24.99 at Wingamestore. I'm not sure if that includes the 5% off code currently running at WGS.

6MqyQgC.png

@destroyah87 did this thing. Because monsters gonna monster.

Thanks! <3<3<3 This game looks so goshdarn adorable!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Ugh. Didn't occur to me that getting AUD prices on steam might mean I can't gift certain games due to the new price differences.

This really is a dumb restriction. Why should it matter how much the gifter is spending to gift someone. Steam's still getting money as a result, instead of nothing at all.

Also as you would have guessed the inclusion of AUD currency in my region has proven which publishers are just greedy mother fuckers.

Nier Automata can be bought in retail for the PS4 for 49AUD, the steam key on the Square Enix website for 59.99AUD and on steam for regular price of 89.95AUD(sale for 44.97AUD)

Xcom 2 goes for retail for 69.95AUD, on steam it's regular price is 89.95AUD.

Surprisingly though Lego Lord of the Rings, which had been price jacked to the regular price of 49.99USD for Australians for years, has finally been lowered to 28.95AUD, which after conversion is about 21AUD, so very close to the regular 19.99USD for Americans. And Shadow of War's regular price of now 54.95AUD is works lot more cheaper than the regular American price after conversion ( about 40USD), which would explain why I wasn't able to gift it.

So there are definitely some real positives to this currency change for Australians, despite some publishers still being dicks.

Just wish Steam would revert the gifting restrictions or at the very least let us use our steam wallet funds to send friends digital gift cards.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Just minding my own business, commanding my old school, non-pirate vampires to ravage the lands of not-France when I heard someone approaching.

It sounded like...signing?

3taoao7snqvp.png

@Heatwave ! Thanks for Wandersong, I played the demo and it was super cute.

Now I have to send out the minions to reap a foul harvest of your gifting entrails!--and maybe do some homework.
    vbjowx567d8w.gif

And the linked video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2afv7ue3NYw

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Damn it Karoz!

Gifted me "Middle-earth: Shadow of War" and "Megadimension Neptunia VII" plus the Deluxe Set

:heartbeat:

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I'm on my phone so I can't post a picture, but thank you @Heatwave for Pyre!!

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I'm on my phone so I can't post a picture, but thank you @Heatwave for Pyre!!

!!!

Didst thou Sayeth "Pyre"?

I love Pyre! It was one of the best games i played ever. i cried 3 times during the ending.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I want to thank @Heatwave for being an awesome person.

heatwave_gift.PNG

Why yes, I do believe it is time to build a spaceship! A ship of thanks.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Just so we're all on the same page, Into The Breach is the GOTY and should be voted as such in the Steam awards

steam_sig.png
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Some days I think I should play some new games.

And then I go and install shit like this.

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:DarkladyLexy/Lexys_LOTD_SE

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Ugh. Didn't occur to me that getting AUD prices on steam might mean I can't gift certain games due to the new price differences.

This really is a dumb restriction. Why should it matter how much the gifter is spending to gift someone. Steam's still getting money as a result, instead of nothing at all.

Also as you would have guessed the inclusion of AUD currency in my region has proven which publishers are just greedy mother fuckers.

Nier Automata can be bought in retail for the PS4 for 49AUD, the steam key on the Square Enix website for 59.99AUD and on steam for regular price of 89.95AUD(sale for 44.97AUD)

Xcom 2 goes for retail for 69.95AUD, on steam it's regular price is 89.95AUD.

Surprisingly though Lego Lord of the Rings, which had been price jacked to the regular price of 49.99USD for Australians for years, has finally been lowered to 28.95AUD, which after conversion is about 21AUD, so very close to the regular 19.99USD for Americans. And Shadow of War's regular price of now 54.95AUD is works lot more cheaper than the regular American price after conversion ( about 40USD), which would explain why I wasn't able to gift it.

So there are definitely some real positives to this currency change for Australians, despite some publishers still being dicks.

Just wish Steam would revert the gifting restrictions or at the very least let us use our steam wallet funds to send friends digital gift cards.

What it should do, in my opinion, is to inform the buyer that if they are going to buy the game as a gift for a different region, they must pay that region's equivalent price, or at least raise the price to within the percentage Steam restricts giving to.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Sunset Overdrive is really really good. Just clearing up the epilogue bonus campaigns now.

If anyone is feeling like they could use some good ol' Saints Row 4-style irreverence and goofiness I can't recommend it highly enough.

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    The Euroshield (Brexitshield?) is no match for the onslaught of the renewed forces of the AUD - the Aussie Ultraclassiness Division!

Which is a long-winded way of saying, @Heatwave is a honey. A Blackberry Honey.

invetwvqaemz.jpg

RNe9Vz2.jpg

*adjusts monocle* I try.

Many thanks! <3

69hxxqaz9w2s.png

Not even in my sleep I am safe. @Heatwave gifted me the gift of anime robot girls.

I have a feeling that this game will tug at my heartstrings. Thank you. <3<3

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Who are folks putting in for these Steam awards?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

Didn't play a lot this year, sadly. Tried to keep things mostly to 2018 though.

Game of the Year: Stellaris (Technically came out in 2016 but this was the year I got into it and put over a hundred hours into.)
    VR Game: Moss (Haven't played any VR, but this one is the one I'm most interested in... that's available on Steam.)
    Labor of Love: No Man's Sky. Good lord have they updated the crap out of that game this year.
    Best Developer: Motion Twin.
    Motion Twin describes itself as an “anarcho-syndical workers cooperative.” What this means in practical terms is that all of its 11 workers are, in theory, equal. Same pay, same say.
    We need more of that king of stuff, IMO.
    Best Environment: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon - I would have put Return of the Obra Dinn here, but you can only nominate a game once. Bloodstained was probably the next best, I guess?
    Better with Friends: Had absolutely no opinion on this, so fuck it, I'll just vote for Nidhogg again.
    Best "Alternate History": Return of the Obra Dinn.
    Most Fun with a Machine: Donut County

Iolo wrote: »

GOTY: Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    VR Game: I've never played a VR game. So I put @Shade's game here (Stars Simulation). :lol:
    Most Fun with a Machine: ReCore (best robot doggo buddy!)

Everything else I just kind of put in whatever sprang to mind, with the intent of maybe going back and changing if I think of something better.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Oh man I didn't realize ReCore came to Steam! I need to go back and play that on XB1. I only got about an hour in but I really liked what I played.

camo_sig2.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    Oh man I didn't realize ReCore came to Steam! I need to go back and play that on XB1. I only got about an hour in but I really liked what I played.

Oh wow, either I forgot or nobody told me! That game looked pretty decent.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    My GOTY is Prey (2017). They will just have to accept that if I can be bothered informing them.

This discussion has been closed.