As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All That [chat] Wants

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Why can't someone like Korn be associated with nazis, a band my brother loved but I just did not care at all.

Because they're about that big tiddy goth life and them and Slipknot never really hurt anything

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Why can't someone like Korn be associated with nazis, a band my brother loved but I just did not care at all.
    Your only safe musical taste is dead jazz musicians who were addicted to heroin

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    This chat is full of lies

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    This chat is full of lies

*this* chat?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    What the [chat] title made me think of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJLIiF15wjQ

• Options
    Someone knocked on my door while I was looking that video up and I jolted out of my chair as if I was doing something criminal.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    My baby takes the morning train
    He works from nine to five and then
    He takes another home again
    To find me masturbating

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Nostalgia for the 90s is a longing to return to the positivity of the so called End of History era.

Capitalism won and everything was solvable. Russia were just total bros who want to hang out in space and learn about blue jeans. We banned cfcs and saved the ozone layer. The internet seemed to only bring benefits..

There was a definite optimism that everything was solvable even through 2000.

Then 2001 came.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Is chat gregnant?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    mango cheese cake? That seems like a strange flavor combo for a large group of people. How big is your office?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I mean since its for august birthdays they should have gotten you guys like a lime cheese cake or some pea soup so its closer to your birth stone in color.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Mango cheesecake sounds good

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I can't remember what I was watching, but it talked about Nostalgia, and that it was a measurable chemical response in the brain, and it was addictive.

So the brain reinforces the things you liked as a youth by addicting you to the chemical rush that is nostalgia.

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    Is chat gregnant?

Well we did have a discussion about hard nipples and white discharge earlier.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Everything makes more sense if you remove the 20-- and just speak in terms of last two digits. '18, hell of a year.

Shut up Geth, this is just politics adjacent commentary and you're not even calibrated to stun me yet.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I can't remember what I was watching, but it talked about Nostalgia, and that it was a measurable chemical response in the brain, and it was addictive.

So the brain reinforces the things you liked as a youth by addicting you to the chemical rush that is nostalgia.

Then why do I think so many things are total garbage when I look back?

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Kamiro wrote: »
    mango cheese cake? That seems like a strange flavor combo for a large group of people. How big is your office?

It was just for our team + the sys admins and accountant. Not sure why the other teams weren't invited. But a total of about 20 people.

That's still an off beat choice. Like if you were sold on cheesecake strawberry or cherry would be a more generic less offensive choice. Mango is just not a mainstream flavor.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    The Spice Girls were wonderful.

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    Is chat gregnant?

Well we did have a discussion about hard nipples and white discharge earlier.

classic [chat]

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    preacher show feet

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Nostalgia for the 90s is a longing to return to the positivity of the so called End of History era.

Capitalism won and everything was solvable. Russia were just total bros who want to hang out in space and learn about blue jeans. We banned cfcs and saved the ozone layer. The internet seemed to only bring benefits..

Then 2001 came.

The "my God, everything is fucked" moment for me wasn't 9-11. It was Bush v. Gore.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

Now while mango is my favourite fruit, and cheesecake is both my favourite cheese and my favourite cake (also pie), I don't think I'd particuraly like a Mango cheesecake.

Would def. try it though.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Feral wrote: »
    JebusUD wrote: »

Then 2001 came.

The "my God, everything is fucked" moment for me wasn't 9-11. It was Bush v. Gore.

both happened within a year of each other.

Man, what a fucking year that was.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    It's funny how much I associate certain songs to things where they were used.

Like I can't hear Head over Heels without thinking of the scene from Donnie Darko.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    My not at all revenge driven OP will have to wait.

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »

Like I can't hear Head over Heels without thinking of the scene from Donnie Darko.

I can't hear Van Halen's Panama without thinking about the Van Halen cover band who was playing when the ecstasy kicked in at the bar I was during Halloween in SF's Castro district in 1999

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »

If I hear Don't Stop Me Now I want to pick up a cricket bat and dance around some zombies bashing them in the face.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    To be clear: I don’t have a particular problem with cruises for other people. It just sounds not fun to me specifically. I hate schedules, I hate groups, and I hate being on or near water without being able to fish.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    My friends already leveled past me in WoW by 50% when I was afk for 4 days. :-(

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2018
    I have deep associations with the following albums:

Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat: the summer I drove an hour north a few times a week for band practice, pounding on my steering wheel and smoking joints the whole way

Neil Young - Everybody Knows This is Nowhere: road tripping through Texas without AC, getting stopped by immigration

The Pixies - Doolittle: Middle school, first girlfriend, etc

Frank Zappa - We’re Only in It for the Money - the summer I ate mushrooms every week

Angel Olson - My Woman: the majority of the writing I did for the book I finished last year

I’m sure there are more

Vanguard on
  • Options
    VishNub wrote: »
    To be clear: I don’t have a particular problem with cruises for other people. It just sounds not fun to me specifically. I hate schedules, I hate groups, and I hate being on or near water without being able to fish.

The only schedule I paid attention to was "Be back on boat before this time" whenever we were in port. Other than that, I did whatever, whenever I wanted.

And it was just me and my dad. We didn't participate in ANYTHING group related.

Next time I go, though, I want to tour the Alaskan Brewery Co. brewery in Juneau. I feel like I missed out by not doing that.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    The first step is admitting you have a problem.

I’ve been at the amends stage because I griefed so many newbs.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

i-8mTcxGh-1050x10000.jpg

Abolish level-based systems.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    There is a small pub or shop (or something) in Juneau called "The Glory Hole"
    18589089_10155841287374796_7661243811977701647_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=6c812cbbc079d6a920505fd31ef47637&oe=5BF24995

• Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

i-8mTcxGh-1050x10000.jpg

Abolish level-based systems.

I swear there is a joke in legion about this, but I can't remember it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Is hgtv the default doctor office tv?

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

Mango cheesecake is in my top 4 favorite desserts

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    It's fine because it scales now they said, then I pointed out it only scales up and I'm two full zones away from being to join them now. Oh!

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Bohemian Rhapsody is that one St Pats festival like 8 years ago where we sang a good chunk of it while in line to get a sub for my buddy's gf who was working the bar across the street. We run back across all drunken smiles and he launches the sub to his gf over the customers... without fully resealing the wrapping after he took a bite. Opens late enough to spare the rabble, but not his girlfriend who gets covered with the now separated sub parts.

Smiles dropped and he bolted, as is the proper response.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I had a cousin who was into underground shit forever and so I am probably one of the few who listened to Bleach before Nevermind came out. Blasted the album out camping up this lake in the middle of nowhere on the rez on the ghetto blaster.

This discussion has been closed.