As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PAX] South(land) in the Winter(time) 2019: It's over! Photo on p20

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I am waiting for my flight. I got in a little early.

• Options
    littlewrenlittlewren Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Brother texted me a photo of the pass at home on the kitchen table. That's ok, will find some new ones. I'll not be deterred! :o

Good god man.

I am sorry for your awful morning but glad it’s still working out ok. Thankfully tickets are still available and I think some people around here had extras anyway.

I have an extra. Blake can't make it since our baby sitter fell through and he's insisting on watching the baby so I can go since it's always the highlight of my year.

Y48pkDN.jpg?1
    Twitter: @LittleWren42
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    /
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I am waiting for my flight. I got in a little early.

Me too. I learned the paranoia about being early for flights from my mother, and the the TSA slowdowns got me here crazy early.
    Getting through security took less time than it took me to find my boarding pass for them. So now I'm just early and waiting.
    Where...

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    littlewren wrote: »
    Brother texted me a photo of the pass at home on the kitchen table. That's ok, will find some new ones. I'll not be deterred! :o

Good god man.

I am sorry for your awful morning but glad it’s still working out ok. Thankfully tickets are still available and I think some people around here had extras anyway.

I have an extra. Blake can't make it since our baby sitter fell through and he's insisting on watching the baby so I can go since it's always the highlight of my year.

I have 2 extras as well since my usual friend had to cancel. Free to anyone who needs them.

• Options
    See, now you all are making me paranoid that I don't have my badge. I know I have my badge, but all this talk of extras makes me itch to check.
    Also the fact that I didn't bring a book and I have quite a wait ahead of me.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    @Zonugal I have returned to the Denny's for breakfast. So far no trouble.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

SO FAR

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Finally got coffee in me and plane boards soon. Now the nightmare for the 6 foot 6 gentleman. American airlines seats.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

SO FAR

I think the time of day matters, too. But I'm at the least they didn't have a picture of me up on a sign that reads "DO NOT SERVE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES" so that's a plus

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

SO FAR

I think the time of day matters, too. But I'm at the least they didn't have a picture of me up on a sign that reads "DO NOT SERVE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES" so that's a plus

Just a plaque behind the counter with your photo that reads, "THROW MILK ON THIS MONSTER."

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular

Good god man.

I think its hilarious how bad I botched travel, but right now I'm excited to see you folk. Gonna arrive at the airport around 6. I got lucky with weather

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Landed at Phoenix, still marveling at the magic of relativistic time travel. Now waiting to deplane then immediately head for the connection. Should touch down in San Antonio at 3 PM on schedule, left the storm behind in California but don't worry because I'm bringing it to Texas tomorrow.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i’ve decided to just stay home this weekend

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    how dare you

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Also I double checked and I have my badge on a lanyard in my bag like I marked off on the checklist. Go go paranoia!

I'm unsure if my phone has updated its time or not. I might sit at this gate for either an hour or two hours. Who knows, life is an adventure.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    @Houk the Namebringer are you at this

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

Huh, I didn’t even know there was a podcast.

• Options
    Tube wrote: »

I think he said he couldn't make it

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

You son of a bitch

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Hello folks, this is last call for anyone who'd like to join us tomorrow at the Forum Fancy Dinner!

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/223400/pax-south-2019-fancy-dinner-5th-annual-hurry-and-sign-up#latest

If you're concerned about the dress code or uncomfortable in a more semi-formal dinner setting, don't let that put you off! We're just as PAX inclusive as you'd expect and you'll rarely get a better opportunity to do this sort of thing in a relaxed group like ours.

Adult cosplay might be the stuffiest form, but it's still a good time. Go sign up and join us!

• Options
    So speaking of everything upgrading for us: The downstairs/breakfast area of the Springhill where we usually hold BoringPAX has been renovated and looks very nice: Longer tables, comfier chairs...but they also added a bar. Like a bar with a happy hour M-F 5-7 PM. The bar is open from 4 - 10 PM. The only thing is I'm not sure how crowded that will make the downstairs when we want to do BoringPAX. We may need an alternate location.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    So speaking of everything upgrading for us: The downstairs/breakfast area of the Springhill where we usually hold BoringPAX has been renovated and looks very nice: Longer tables, comfier chairs...but they also added a bar. Like a bar with a happy hour M-F 5-7 PM. The bar is open from 4 - 10 PM. The only thing is I'm not sure how crowded that will make the downstairs when we want to do BoringPAX. We may need an alternate location.

Or an alternate name.

• Options

Good god man.

I think its hilarious how bad I botched travel, but right now I'm excited to see you folk. Gonna arrive at the airport around 6. I got lucky with weather

@Virgil_Leads_You what airline? I'm supposed to arrive @ 5:45 on Delta

• Options
    I mean, drinking was always part of it, but the extra people having a full real bar there could add is something to keep in mind

• Options
    I mean, drinking was always part of it, but the extra people having a full real bar there could add is something to keep in mind

We can embroil them in our shenanigans

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    please post about anything fun that happens today or tomorrow so i can laugh and wink knowingly when it is referenced

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    That sounds like something a cop would ask us to do

Are you a cop?

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »

Are you a cop?

if jailtime is an implied consequence of ignoring me will you do as i ask

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    please post about anything fun that happens today or tomorrow so i can laugh and wink knowingly when it is referenced

Two words: Jerk chicken

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

Two words: Jerk chicken

I thought we all swore we were never going to tell anyone about that. He didn't even say that he's not a cop!!

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

I think he said he couldn't make it

@Tube yeah sadly time and finances weren't on my side this year. Damn, sad I'm gonna miss ya!

• Options

Are you a cop?

I don't know what you've heard but I ain't no snitch!

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

Same.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options

Are you a cop?

now i'm not saying fred durst told me he wrote rollin' about the time you turned state's on your crew, but i'm not saying he told me he didn't do that

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options

Are you a cop?

now i'm not saying fred durst told me he wrote rollin' about the time you turned state's on your crew, but i'm not saying he told me he didn't do that

That fuck..

I mean I don't know what you're talking about

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    littlewren wrote: »

Good god man.

I always get a kick out of you crushing folk at boardgames. Looking forward to meeting ya
    chromdom wrote: »

Good god man.

@Virgil_Leads_You what airline? I'm supposed to arrive @ 5:45 on Delta

Sorry I missed ya, was airborne . Got a super shuttle back to the hotel.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    My main takeaway so far this PAX?

I am so envious of all you who don’t live in a scooter-infested hellhole.

Enjoy it, while you can.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Heading to main theater for story time/q&a

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    I am also in line for story time. Hard to tell how many people are in line because we're all sitting down concealed by the chutes

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    which one of you is the saint who helped my barfy ass get back to my hotel

also i’m never taking shots again as long as i live what the fuck

EzUAYcn.png