Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[PAX] South(land) in the Winter(time) 2019: Starts Friday! 3 Day & Sat Badges Low!

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Also I'm looking around to see when fancy dinner topic gets posted but if anyone sees it before me, please drop it in here?

I see that Erin has already seen and signed up so I'll skip the @signal , but in case anyone else was waiting for the Fancy Dinner topic...

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/223400/pax-south-2019-fancy-dinner-5th-annual-hurry-and-sign-up#latest

Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    Goose!Erin The RedLord Palington
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    yesss thank you!

Hoping for a good turnout again this year for the 5th anniversary! :)

Goose!
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    maaan I was really gonna try and make it out to this, but I kept putting it off and then spent way more than expected over xmas/new years, so I don't think I can make it :(

I'm gonna miss the sexy karaoke most of all, I think

and so it remains that the only time i hung out with houk we drank pbr in an alley in seattle and talked too loudly about butt stuff

and frankly, i’m ok with that

AND we brustled!

crwth
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    2011 was a wild year

EzUAYcn.png
    AphostileTonkkaZonugalNaphtaliHouk the NamebringerpookaThat Dave FellaNeoToma
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Hey @Goose!, two more for karaoke

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Twitter Steam Playstation- Mechaphiliac
    CelloKadithGoose!KetarTonkkaTofystedethpooka
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh god dammit.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    @Goose!, yo.
    i may cut out early again. or maybe i'll get drunk and giggle through more Zeppelin. it's a gamble! :tell_me_more:
    if i sing, i'll try to find some kpop instead of opting for long-ass dadrock

lfchwLd.jpg
    Virgil_Leads_YouTonkkaGoose!CelloNeoToma
  • chromdomchromdom Oh yeah, I movedRegistered User regular
    Just to put it on y'all's radar, the government shutdown has begun effecting TSA at airports with security check-in people calling out because they've had to take paying gigs. Barring unforeseen deals, think about planning your trips with extra time to get through security accordingly.

New out of context sig?
    Goose!ZonugalVirgil_Leads_YouErin The Red
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    That's a good plan. I was already planning on leaving my house at 7 (which should get me to LaGuardia at 8/8:30 for my 10:30 flight), maybe I should leave at 6/6:30

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-5618-5257-5789
    Satans Post | Amazon Smile List
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I leave from a small enough airport that security never takes long, but I'll definitely have to remember when it comes time to leave through SAT

camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
    chromdom
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    We booked some spots in the 11:36 live dungeon thing. The ambrosia whatever one? If folks wanted to puzzle with some fellow forum folk

Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm always mega paranoid about missing flights so I don't expect any issues

97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
    Rorshach KringleStiltsThe Hanged Man
    We booked some spots in the 11:36 live dungeon thing. The ambrosia whatever one? If folks wanted to puzzle with some fellow forum folk

I kinda want to try it, but it seems kinda overpriced, so I'm hesitant

New out of context sig?
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »

I kinda want to try it, but it seems kinda overpriced, so I'm hesitant

A lot of escape room stuff I've seen is about 30-40 an hour so it's not bad

Hi Santa/Satan!
    Ok @Erin The Red gimme some details. You have already bought space and I would buy (a ticket?) from you? Or you have some people going and would like more? If so, what day at 11:36? Or is it just one day?

New out of context sig?
    chromdom wrote: »
    Ok @Erin The Red gimme some details. You have already bought space and I would buy (a ticket?) from you? Or you have some people going and would like more? If so, what day at 11:36? Or is it just one day?

Oh! Sorry. You'd buy a ticket to the same thing and could hang with us.

https://td.events/conventions/pax-south-2019/slots/1121

Sunday morning

Hi Santa/Satan!
    chromdom
  • Slacker71Slacker71 Registered User regular
    I'm signing up, four spots left.

Erin The Red
    All right, you bullies, I did it too.
    Three spots left.

New out of context sig?
    Slacker71Erin The Red
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited January 6
    That sounds fun but it's close enough to the start time of our panel that I'm nervous about signing up

Speed Racer on
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    That sounds fun but it's close enough to the start time of our panel that I'm nervous about signing up
    if i'm reading these maps right, it seems like a quick jaunt... *whistle*
    and they allow medium size bags, so depending on what you need for setup, you could just have it on you

i like the idea, but i don't have the confidence in my abilities at any given time
    ... which is why if i ever do it, i think bard could work, 'cause it would be rather fitting if i did fail a skilltest for :whistle:bardic knowledge:whistle:*, and i could just recite poetry or sing snippets of kpop to buff the party

lfchwLd.jpg
    Erin The RedSlacker71
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    @Goose!

Count me in for karaoke, also after you mentioned it in the holiday forums I did a google search for “San Antonio Karaoke Large Room” and top of the page was Asiana and none of the other options looked like they were better so I think it’s still probably the place to go.

Also, did anyone have any interest in seeing that new DBZ movie? I know it’s not as convenient as the theater in the mall.

Also also, I hope everyone is prepared for the weather to be just a complete mystery, I feel like we’ve been up and down temperature wise way more this year.

Also also also, is anyone else not prepared for this to be next week?

• TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    I'm prepared. Hopefully don't run into issues with my flight because of TSA/ATC issues.

Fortunately one of my friends is driving down so I can hitch a ride with him if needed.

steam_sig.png
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    uh i could do some karaoke? i’m playing this trip very fast n loose, i’ll just latch on to what other people are doing probably, depending on what my brother in law is doing that day too

EzUAYcn.png
    Erin The RedCello
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited January 9
    s9oa0bbyri1q.png
    Looks pretty nice so far

Goose! on
    The Hanged ManStiltsSpeed RacerTofystedethRorshach KringleASimPersonMaddocErin The RedpookaCelloSlacker71
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i ain't prepared shit

i...should probably work on that

6jomko.png
    rhylithGoose!KadithMaddocKetarJenneroseMysstCelloVirgil_Leads_You
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i ain't prepared shit

i've started putting things together for Let's Place and I am SO EXCITED about one of the games I found today

TofystedethRorshach KringleGoose!rhylithKetarErin The RedCrippl3
  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    i ain't prepared shit

i've started putting things together for Let's Place and I am SO EXCITED about one of the games I found today

How's your data plan doing?

steam_sig.png
    KadithGoose!KetarCrippl3StiltspookaRaw ConcreteTheodore Floosevelt
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i ain't prepared shit

i have my roster and format hammered out, as well as my opening ready

i have my outfit ready

i just have to throw some slides together and make sure they fit the aesthetic i am aiming for

6jomko.png
    Speed RacerGoose!ZonugalCellocabsy
    i ain't prepared shit

i figured out a better way to present things for PAX West so I don't have to rely on internet now

Goose!Tofystedeth
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    Looking forward to the panel! It was a blast last time.

VayBJ4e.png
    TofystedethSlacker71
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    i ain't prepared shit

i figured out a better way to present things for PAX West so I don't have to rely on internet now

Killing Stilt's data plan is integral to the experience

97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
    rhylithRorshach KringleGoose!KadithKetarZonugalSpeed RacerSlacker71
    edited January 9
    Oh hey uh. If y'all wanna learn a tabletop game, instructed by me and some of my nerd buds

Erin The Red on
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    TofystedethVirgil_Leads_YouNaphtaliMaddocDevlin_DragonusThe Hanged ManCrippl3KetarGoose!pookaTheodore FlooseveltLord Palington
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    edited January 9
    Whoa that game sounds dope!

From the website
    For the Queen

The land you live in has been at war for as long as any of you have been alive.
    The Queen has decided to undertake a long and perilous journey to broker an alliance with a distant power.
    The Queen has chosen you, and only you, to be her retinue, and accompany her on this journey.
    She chose you because she knows that you love her.

Number of players: 2-6
    Age of players: 13+
    Length: 30-120 minutes
    Type of Game: Roleplaying Game/Card Game Hybrid

Thirty minutes to 2 hours, 2 to 6 players, is a sweet spot for tabletop

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
    Devlin_Dragonus
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Null Registered User regular
    Is that gonna be over in Tabletop somewhere? I'd be down for that

B.net: Naphtali#1830 | Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | PSN: EI-Naphtali | Wish List
    Yeah I've played it a few times and it's always been different and rad.

The whole thing where the only cards you interact with are questions really lets you flesh things out in a cool and collaborative way with the rest of your group.

I recommend giving it a look-see!

Hi Santa/Satan!
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    i ain't prepared shit

Unfortunately for Luke (but thankfully for my cell phone), my flight back to Arizona leaves at 5:40 PM, so I probably won't be able to attend the Let's Place panel.

IKknkhU.gif
    Stilts wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    i ain't prepared shit

Unfortunately for Luke (but thankfully for my cell phone), my flight back to Arizona leaves at 5:40 PM, so I probably won't be able to attend the Let's Place panel.

booooo

rhylithTofystedethKetarGoose!Erin The RedVirgil_Leads_YouSlacker71
    for the games we're placing i put together short videos to show them off (or in at least one case this time I'm gonna just play it on stage)

and then for the games on the list i've just made annotated images for all of them. which, i need to make images for all the games we've done since september

DmPRfNnUYAA-2vp.jpg

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I think you misspelled WOO

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    My flight leaves LaGuardia almost exactly 120.5 hours from now. PAX begins almost a week from today. The countdown begins in earnest.

I'm a little excited :biggrin: