As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PAX] South(land) in the Winter(time) 2019: It's over! Photo on p20

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Just wanted to say I'll miss everyone this year

I would like to request that someone please do a Kesha song at Karaoke for me

Thank you

I have a similar request but it is that someone screams Kokomo for me.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I'm really paranoid about the TSA thing because of this stupid, unending shutdown. I was planning to leave my house by 7 AM for my 10:30 flight (takes at least an hour to get to the airport) but now I'm wondering if I should get there earlier.

Goose! on
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    in leaving my place at 12 to get to the offsite parking shuttle at about 12:45 for my 3:20 flight

but to be fair, i’d do that regardless of a shutdown because i’m always paranoid about flights

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    crwth wrote: »
    in leaving my place at 12 to get to the offsite parking shuttle at about 12:45 for my 3:20 flight

but to be fair, i’d do that regardless of a shutdown because i’m always paranoid about flights

Same

My dad always teases me for arriving 2.5 - 3 hours early, but I've never had to sprint to my assigned gate as I anxiously look at the time.

Besides, the only thing I'd do with that extra hour or two is look at my phone/computer, which I can do at the airport, too.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I downloaded the MyTSA app since it gives you approximate waiting times. I'll see what it says tomorrow morning.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    I'm really paranoid about the TSA thing because of this stupid, unending shutdown. I was planning to leave my house by 7 AM for my 10:30 flight (takes at least an hour to get to the airport) but now I'm wondering if I should get there earlier.

Yeah... my normal level of pre-flight paranoia tends to get waiting at my gate at least 2 hours early, usually more like 3 or 4. This time, my flight leaves at 3PM and my brain spiders are whispering to me that I should get a hotel room next door to the airport so I can be there before sunrise.

It doesn't help at all that I still haven't found an anxiety med strong enough to deal with my airplane fears that doesn't also give me stomach troubles to a degree that's untenable on a flight. If I want to deal with all my airplane-related decision making in a rational, calm, chemically-supported manner, I also get to become a portal to the fart dimension while I'm inside a sealed enclosure with a hundred strangers. It's a hell of a choice.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    God help me if I spend another 8 hours at the goddamn San Antonio airport this year I will walk back to Canada my own damn self

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    God help me if I spend another 8 hours at the goddamn San Antonio airport this year I will walk back to Canada my own damn self

The Tube Prison

It Calls

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Fortunately the Wichita airport is real small, they have just 1 TSA area with two lanes, and my flight is at 6:30 am, so thee probably won't be much delay.

And friend is driving down in the evening, so worst case i can hitch a ride with him.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I mean, last year or the year before, I got to the airport late due to traffic, but still managed to get through security and made boarding just in time.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    so downside for this pax, i'm gonna be moving into my new place on thursday and friday and so won't be able to make it down til saturday, and thus will be horribly out of the loop for everything that, like, happens in the loop! people are gonna be talking about thursday shit and my ass ain't gonna have the m.f. context!

but upside, my new place is in Austin so i'm gonna be like an hour away from now on. yeehaw

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    so downside for this pax, i'm gonna be moving into my new place on thursday and friday and so won't be able to make it down til saturday, and thus will be horribly out of the loop for everything that, like, happens in the loop! people are gonna be talking about thursday shit and my ass ain't gonna have the m.f. context!

but upside, my new place is in Austin so i'm gonna be like an hour away from now on. yeehaw

🤠

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

🤠

you said it partner

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Not to add to everyone’s paranoia but uh.. at least a couple of airports, including Houston, have had to shut down terminals due to lack of staff, and some of these tweets mention up to hour and a half wait times at various airports.
    https://twitter.com/i/events/1084821703065124864

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    My woek JUST today fixed my PTO errors and of course friday and monday are blocked now ao my last-second audible into going is now canned. Oh well, money I get to keep, I guess.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Not to add to everyone’s paranoia but uh.. at least a couple of airports, including Houston, have had to shut down terminals due to lack of staff, and some of these tweets mention up to hour and a half wait times at various airports.
    https://twitter.com/i/events/1084821703065124864

The good news is nobody should be needing to go through security in Houston.

The bad news is you will have to go through security in airports that aren’t Houston and probably take even longer.

(Both Houston airports are super efficient)

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Looks like Boston hasn't been seeing any issues yet

• Options
    edited January 2019
    The MyTSA app tells me there was a 45 minute wait/delay this morning.

EDIT: But Monday is typically a busy day, Wednesdays doesn't look too bad.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

oh good you can make the panel

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    edited January 2019

i made sure my wife and 9-month-old child have no doubts about what exactly i'm leaving them to get to on saturday, and why they will need to do the rest of the unpacking themselves

Theodore Floosevelt on
    f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019

i made sure my wife and 9-month-old child have no doubts about what exactly i'm leaving them to get to on saturday, on why they will need to do the rest of the unpacking themselves

I have to assume your son can both lift 60 pounds and use a box cutter at this point, if you've raised him properly

I understand if he can't use a ladder yet but that's gotta be why your wife is staying home

Cello on
    Steam
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I feel like Cello has never been around an infant.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

i made sure my wife and 9-month-old child have no doubts about what exactly i'm leaving them to get to on saturday, on why they will need to do the rest of the unpacking themselves

I have to assume your son can both lift 60 pounds and use a box cutter at this point, if you've raised him properly

I understand if he can't use a ladder yet but that's gotta be why your wife is staying home

Sure he can't climb one, but he can hold it steady for mom.

As my dad is fond of saying, "They also serve, who stand and weight."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Wait, do you mean they can use ladders?

Steam
  • Options
    edited January 2019

oh yeah, big time with the box cutter. whippin that thing around like he's been stocking the frozen section of winn-dixie for the better part of the summer
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Wait, do you mean they can use ladders?

i believe that's what chutes and ladders teaches! yes, this is my understanding.

Theodore Floosevelt on
    f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I can't make it this year, so I'm sure everyone's flights will be flawless and free of delays or other issues.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    This is definitely the hardest PAX to pack for, though I've never been to East.

Let's see, high of 75F/24C on Thursday, storms Friday morning, wind Saturday, and then a clear day Sunday but with a high of 51F/11C and a low of 28F/-2C.

Or maybe this is just normal weather everywhere else and I'm just soft from living in California for the past decade.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I live in California too but nothing about that seems odd to me.

• Options
    That seems like pretty tame weather to me but I live in New England where we get five seasons a week on average

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    I can't make it this year, so I'm sure everyone's flights will be flawless and free of delays or other issues.

Bro.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    godmode wrote: »

Bro.

I SHOULD be at West though!

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    SHHHHHH!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    littlewrenlittlewren Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I guess it's that time of year where I pop up and make empty promises about being more active this year.

But also, is there a rough schedule of things people are planning somewhere in the thread? I uh have a baby now, so my time will be limited, but I want to be extra sure I make it to a few forum events/meals.

Edit: I stopped being lazy and found the schedule. Looking forward to seeing your faces again! And sad to be missing others.

littlewren on
    Y48pkDN.jpg?1
    Twitter: @LittleWren42
  • Options
    Congrats on the baby! Looking forward to seeing you, too.

• Options
    The crunch of work leading up to PAX because I can't afford to take even more time off is always intensely stressful

• Options
    hey doggs, anyone who wants to do in person camp counseling, hit me up with a message now

i gotta get a legit look at the place when i get in on thursday, then i'll shoot out invites accordingly

it'll be on friday from 6-9 (still niice)

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Costume is ready for action! Gotta make sure to bring my dress and the petticoats and the sash and crown and horns but like. All that's left is to just not forget stuff?

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Just had a dude offer me $20 for my 3-day badge on ebay
    Dude I'm desperate but I'm not that desperate :rotate:

OK maybe I am that desperate because I'm probably gonna sell it to this dude for $30 unless someone buys it in the next 3 hours or so :(
    Hopefully he's not a scalper, I want this to go to someone who's actually gonna use it

• Options
  • Options
    Bad news: Rivercenter AMC 11 does not have Dragon Ball this weekend, according to AMC's website.