As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Accumulate4Akstar 2019! Or maybe the next limited 7? Ah, let's do the trials!

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Reigner wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Tetra easily dispatched. Forgot about the snort so Ill have to go back in to summon Golem.

Diablos however, can go pound sand. I dont have enough of god knows what to survive. The AoE Dispel, not being able to get Mystea to 200% resist, AoE stop, the threshold Magic attack killing Basch anyway. Trying to only take 5 people. This fight sucks and I hate it.

From what I read, you need to get him to his thresholds every turn. If you do, he won't use the AoE Dispel.

Yeah I was busy trying to fill the Esper Bar.

Im saying to hell with the 5man mission. Garnet with Lakshmi should patch the hole in this fight. I just need to wait for my Oldman friends to come back.

Looking very much forward to Zargabaath in this fight, gonna set him up as a 100% doge provoke tank in addition to his role as a buffer/status resist setter. Such slot utility!

....I forgot all about him.

After CG Nichol, people usually do. He's still a good weird utility unit with a lot to offer.
    I have a feeling his 7* will be better than 6* CG Nichol. Then 7* CG Nichol will eventually come out and that will be that. I plan to hoard my UoC tickets until I absolutely need them.

All 7* Zarg would need to be on par with 6* CG Nichol is W-Ability and some form of AoE HP/MP restore. Who knows what Zarg's 7* will look like. I hope it's good, I like his sprite.

He also needs bigger buff numbers. If you can keep 7* CG Nichol's LB up every 3 turns (not easy, mind you, but do-able with the right gear), he can maintain a 150% buff over Zarg's current 100%.
    So 7* Zarg is going to need something to compete with that as well.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Tetra easily dispatched. Forgot about the snort so Ill have to go back in to summon Golem.

Diablos however, can go pound sand. I dont have enough of god knows what to survive. The AoE Dispel, not being able to get Mystea to 200% resist, AoE stop, the threshold Magic attack killing Basch anyway. Trying to only take 5 people. This fight sucks and I hate it.

From what I read, you need to get him to his thresholds every turn. If you do, he won't use the AoE Dispel.

Im saying to hell with the 5man mission. Garnet with Lakshmi should patch the hole in this fight. I just need to wait for my Oldman friends to come back.

Looking very much forward to Zargabaath in this fight, gonna set him up as a 100% doge provoke tank in addition to his role as a buffer/status resist setter. Such slot utility!

After CG Nichol, people usually do. He's still a good weird utility unit with a lot to offer.
    I have a feeling his 7* will be better than 6* CG Nichol. Then 7* CG Nichol will eventually come out and that will be that. I plan to hoard my UoC tickets until I absolutely need them.

All 7* Zarg would need to be on par with 6* CG Nichol is W-Ability and some form of AoE HP/MP restore. Who knows what Zarg's 7* will look like. I hope it's good, I like his sprite.

He also needs bigger buff numbers. If you can keep 7* CG Nichol's LB up every 3 turns (not easy, mind you, but do-able with the right gear), he can maintain a 150% buff over Zarg's current 100%.
    So 7* Zarg is going to need something to compete with that as well.

Oh yeah absolutely. I was just comparing him to 6* CG Nichol. To compete with 7* CG Nichol he'll need a lot of numbers adjustments.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular

So how are you gearing him to full evade, provoke, and death immune. I forgot about the later because Im a turnip and wiped turn 1. I can only seem to get him to 95% evade with the Safety Bit, Moogle Plushy and Golem.

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    of course the game has extended meeting and comes up as I'm in a 4 hour meet and greet meeting.......

• Options

So how are you gearing him to full evade, provoke, and death immune. I forgot about the later because Im a turnip and wiped turn 1. I can only seem to get him to 95% evade with the Safety Bit, Moogle Plushy and Golem.

Mm, yeah, death immunity is needed. Shit, guess he's not the super utility monster for this fight. Ah well, back to the drawing board. May use Mystea for magic tanking and stop resist then and use a more traditional provoke tank. This 5 man mission is silly.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    First run through on Malboro's Tentacle - 10% MAG 22% MP (10+12).

I think that's good for now?? Will probably run an Excalibur through later.

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Lots of duds so far on my Item World stuff. My Omega Weapon has +7% ATK and like 13% HP. Bleh.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Ran Deathbringer through first since I wasn't going to be too picky over a killer weapon. 15% ATK, 10%HP/DEF. Not bad.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    An hour later. Diablos OBAMAd.

95%evade Archadian Light +2 Zarg (thank you RNGesus), 200% Dark Resist Basch, Fina for Reraises, 7star Cid x2.

Took about 8 turns to do it. Now I can relax and do the farmier stuff the rest of the week.

Reigner on
  • Options
    edited August 2018

95%evade Archadian Light +2 Zarg (thank you RNGesus), 200% Dark Resist Basch, Fina for Reraises, 7star Cid x2.

Took about 8 turns to do it. Now I can relax and do the farmier stuff the restby mm of the week.

Maybe I'll try with the same build for Zargs. 95% Evade should be enough.

Edit: Wouldn't it be 85%? 20 innate, 20 from Kiyomori and Assassin's Vest, and then 45% from materia? Unless I'm overlooking something.

Edit2: Nevermind, I'm dumb. Instead of gauntlets you can just use Equip L Shield materia. You give up 10% in a materia slot for another 15% from a RoL.

Edit3: Wait with that setup I can get to 100% evade with safety bit. 20 innate, 10 Kiyomori, 10 Assassin's Vest, 25 RoL, and 35 from materia.

Edit4: Thank you all for tuning into the "Cruor slowly realizes how math works" show.

Cruor on
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Those ex tickets gave me nothing.

Two regular ex tickets gave me two Lexas in a row. That's statistically very unlikely.

• Options
    Everytime I plan out my moogle usage I always forget about Prishe's hairpin. Had enough to finish Buster Style, Soul of Thamascus, and Hyous once we get that 50% Moogle from the story (assuming I get him) but Im waiting to see what next month brings. So I had 30% left over and decided to join the FD family.

The Hairpin probably would have been a better call

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    my first run through item world got me a rare enchantment on omega weapon! total of +30atk/+15HP pretty nice.

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Got MAG +12 DEF +15 on Death Trap first run. Hmm...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Man, these crysts dungeons are way more difficult than I anticipated.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Took about 8 turns to do it. Now I can relax and do the farmier stuff the rest of the week.

I'm confused by this setup. How do you get Diabolos to attack Zarg? Do you need to equip the L Shield Gauntlets, and put on the plushie and cast Provoke as your first turn? How do you avoid death then?

urahonky on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Anyone else seeing the app crash a lot today? I haven't seen a crash in months, but three times today since the update.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    urahonky wrote: »

I'm confused by this setup. How do you get Diabolos to attack Zarg? Do you need to equip the L Shield Gauntlets, and put on the plushie and cast Provoke as your first turn? How do you avoid death then?

Zargs Loadout with Golem:

Defender, Moogle Plushie
    Random Helmet, Assassins Vest
    Safety Bit, RoL

Quick Assault, Equip L Shield
    Spirit of Freedom, True Spirit of Freedom

Since I dont have the Katana and the event refuses to be rerun, that puts him at 100% provoke, Death Immune and 95% evade. Alternating Provoke and Archadian Light. With a Reraise on just in case shit went south with RNG.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Anyone else seeing the app crash a lot today? I haven't seen a crash in months, but three times today since the update.

Literally just crashed after crafting a potion. Weird.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Item World is being consistently decent/mediocre, until the very end:

Beastlord +22% ATK
    Excalibur +15% ATK / +10% HP
    Excalibur +12% ATK / +10% HP
    Brotherhood +32% ATK / +15% HP

That was a nice Rare proc there game.

Characters
  • Options
    .....what the shit am I going to do with all of these burst pots?

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    .....what the shit am I going to do with all of these burst pots?

Use them on units with useful LBs that you'll use a lot. Save them for a rainy day by fusing them together. Sell them.

(Don't sell them)

• Options
    My second Fry's Needle ended up with 15% MAG and 10% ATK. Was able to switch out a L&A out for Power of Creation this time, that's another nice 40% ATK while staying at the MAG cap. I think I'll move on, I'll probably want to return them after Fry's 7* but for now they're great.

Next is either Mana Blade or FD. Mana Blade probably, since I'll use it on 7* Randi until I get the rest of the TDH stuff I need for the FD build.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    My second run, with Onion Sword again, netter me 12 atk / 10 def. Meh.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    My second run, with Onion Sword again, netter me 12 atk / 10 def. Meh.

My Onion Sword ended up with 7atk and 5 HP/MP. Solidarity.

• Options
    Finally got Diabolos. That wasn't easy.... Last turn he dispelled everyone and killed Zaarg. But I was able to do 7% damage with my Orlandeau.

• Options
    Diabolos down, all missions. 100% Evade/Provoke Zarg is amazing. 10/10 unit all around. Took a few tries due to bad RNG but I got it done. Now to down a few NRG pots and take on Tetra Sylpheed.

• Options
    Right. Yes. Intangir wakes up when you use a limit break.

*waves goodbye to that 40 stamina*

Characters
  • Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »

Solidarity! I just lost 60 NRG to the tech cryst cave when I didn’t one-shot the boss (brought a weaker friend unit to try and knock out all missions). Feels bad man.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    Tetra Sylphid down, much easier than Diabolos. 100% dodge Zarg remains the best.

• Options
    Tetra Sylphid down, much easier than Diabolos. 100% dodge Zarg remains the best.

Can you post your strategy? I'll try her in the morning.

• Options
    Killing Intangir 2.0 is easy.

Getting 3 LBs is going to take some thought. He breaks out of his easy pattern as soon as you use an LB and things go haywire, and I need to do that 3 times.

Characters
  • Options
    urahonky wrote: »

Can you post your strategy? I'll try her in the morning.

Basch with 150% Wind/Fire resist - Just magic cover. That's it.
    LMFina - Heals, Manatopia, keep reraise on Basch for the non-elemental hits
    Zarg - 100% evade/provoke, arcadian light when possible, rejuvenate when needed (mostly on himself, I haven't potted him at all in MP and arcadian light is expensive). He ate the Snort on the 40% threshold and, honestly, wasn't needed after that.
    Aileen - Chains, AoE petrify resist
    ExAileen - Chains
    Friend 7*Rinoa - Casts Apocalypse a lot, gets the magic kill mission. If you have a friend with 7* Rinoa on Leviathan (Spirit Killer) then you're super in business.

• Options
    2 7Star DFinas alternating Quake and Diastophism or whatever her 2turn CD Earth move is also works for Damage.

• Options
    2 7Star DFinas alternating Quake and Diastophism or whatever her 2turn CD Earth move is also works for Damage.

And that way you're pretty much guaranteed to get the magic kill mission.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Meh, first run thru with farwell only netted atk 3 + 7 and Hp 10. Lots o swords to run thru though.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    epcgdd4x5vvf.jpeg

Yeah, screw you too, Gumi.

• Options
    What wondrous variety!

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Griswold wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »

Solidarity! I just lost 60 NRG to the tech cryst cave when I didn’t one-shot the boss (brought a weaker friend unit to try and knock out all missions). Feels bad man.

Yeah, I can maybe clear one of these with a 7* Cid or Olive, but I don't have the gear to reasonably manage it without.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Woooo rare ability popped on Malboro's Tentacle this run!

30% MP, 10% MAG, 10% HP. That will do.....

This discussion has been closed.