Options

[FFBE] Accumulate4Akstar 2019! Or maybe the next limited 7? Ah, let's do the trials!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Man I'm more than annoyed that my first day I only got 4 ads. So now I'll have to constantly see the off 5 number. I might just do it once tomorrow just to put it back to the right number.

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Whenever it stops and says no more available, I just restart the app and the next one is ready.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    Whenever it stops and says no more available, I just restart the app and the next one is ready.

Yeah you can also reset your advertisement ID if you need to refresh it. Just wish I knew that on the first day. :P

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Thinking a out doing the first 4k step on the 7* Awakening banner. Pretty much all of the units either give me a 7*, or another step towards a BiS STMR, or even K.Delita for that amazing armor.

Haha nevermind it's gone already. Lapis saved.

Cruor on
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I have managed to abstain from any (non-free) pulls since Hyoh, but I really want a Beachtime Luka to start farming her hat. I am really trying to wait until they announce the next banner for Friday. If it's a MK event, I'll be pulling for bonus units.

edit: For those still having troubles with the Reward Wheel. https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/9ke9mj/rewards_wheel_workaround_for_nonappearing_ads/

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Since we know we're getting a chance at a UoC this friday, I'd assume it's the Ignis MK event, Libertus was a bonus unit so if you have a few of him you have a headstart. The KK units were also on this banner and were bonus units on JP side, so who knows what's gonna happen there. I hope it stays that way and they give RayJack his 7* form with this event so I can offload one of my RayJacks.

• Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    Got a rainbow on today's summer ticket. 2nd Veritas of Flames.

Kind of in hibernation mode now. Makes me a little bored with game, but it's a great opportunity to catch up. I cleared Alexander trial 2, Carbunckle trial 3, and I think Titan trial 3 over the weekend. Went back and got Frozen Hurricane. Just need to keep that rhythm going on catching up.

Waiting on Randi/Xenogears/FFT to get excited about rainbows again. Although if I managed to get a third Hyoh or TT I'd prolly get stoked and use a UoC to self chain within my party. Let's see how long I can maintain this neutrality/disinterest. Would be nice to have a hoard again lol.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Holy shit TT melts stuff

Still annoyed I ran the step up last week, but no regrets using the ticket for her

• Options
    I'm excited for this current banner to end so I can UoC Malphasie#2 (if I don't pull a dupe with dailies/whatever). I'm a fan of Hybrid units done right, and I'm pretty excited to have the chance to have a powerful hybrid chainer that element chains with my provoke tank and also ALasswell, because I want to use him. His sprite and animations are just so silly and fun.

Malphasie gives me such hope for Fryevia's 7* form.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    Since we know we're getting a chance at a UoC this friday, I'd assume it's the Ignis MK event, Libertus was a bonus unit so if you have a few of him you have a headstart. The KK units were also on this banner and were bonus units on JP side, so who knows what's gonna happen there. I hope it stays that way and they give RayJack his 7* form with this event so I can offload one of my RayJacks.
    I have 2 Libertus at the moment. It would be nice to get one with my Summer tickets when I mass summon them all on Wed or Thurs. Then I can keep hoarding my stash. Are any of the units worth getting for TMRs? If so, I might throw a few tickets to start them in the farm group.

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    I have 2 Libertus at the moment. It would be nice to get one with my Summer tickets when I mass summon them all on Wed or Thurs. Then I can keep hoarding my stash. Are any of the units worth getting for TMRs? If so, I might throw a few tickets to start them in the farm group.

The 4* base has a +40% ATK, +50% Dark Resist materia as their TMR. Useful if you need more good sources of dark resist. Ignis himself is a great support at 7*.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I'll probably just pull enough to get a couple more bonus units. I'm swimming in 7* (and future 7*) support characters (Ace, Ramza, Marie, Roy). I'm still looking for a potential 7* tank or hearer, though :)

Cururu on
  • Options
    edited October 2018

The 4* base has a +40% ATK, +50% Dark Resist materia as their TMR. Useful if you need more good sources of dark resist. Ignis himself is a great support at 7*.
    Thanks for the feedback. This could be useful in the future when we'll start needing high resist for trials, but I'll probably run across him eventually. I was able to farm everything I needed from the last MK event with only 2 bonus units and a 6*/7* friend. I think I will go that route again and just save my tickets.

edit: I forgot that we'll be getting another Halloween event soon. I will probably spend some tickets there.

Tiphares on
  • Options

Thanks for the feedback. This could be useful in the future when we'll start needing high resist for trials, but I'll probably run across him eventually. I was able to farm everything I needed from the last MK event with only 2 bonus units and a 6*/7* friend. I think I will go that route again and just save my tickets.

Also, if you need Dark resist, Freya's Angel Earrings has 50% dark resist on an accessory and chances are you pulled her enough to be close to one. I've used it a few times when I needed more dark resist.

• Options
    lodgerlodger Humble Narrator Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I now have 3x Marie, one at 100%. Should I awaken to 7* and move toward the STMR, or are Rainbow Robes still worth farming for now?

lodger on
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Took the time to unlock Diabolos, Carbuncle and Tetra Sylphid to rank 3. Yay 7* TT.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Rainbow Robes are still great. Its stats, while not the absolute highest, are still quite good, and the elemental damage resistance is great. Having one is great for magic tanks, and additional ones are good for magic damage units, although there are diminishing returns after the first one or two.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I'd say two of them is probably a good place to be. Three seems like overkill but might see usage with multiple magic users on a magic/ele resist heavy fight? I've got 3 maries but only have one farmed since I have higher MAG robes for my mages and typically the magic tank can handle the rest.

Cirira on
  • Options
    Much later on there will be content with magic attacks that can't be covered - mainly the Lich trial that came out recently in JP. Having extra Rainbow Robes for your magic/hybrid damage dealers will be useful then. You have about a year before that content comes, however.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I finished Ozetta's armor which seems pretty good for a 4* base? 65 DEF/SPR sounds right up Merc Ramza's alley.

• Options
    Magus` wrote: »
    I finished Ozetta's armor which seems pretty good for a 4* base? 65 DEF/SPR sounds right up Merc Ramza's alley.

I use it on my M.Ramza for all purpose tanking. It's the best non-TMR/STMR armor available if you don't need some specific resists.

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Iron Giant ELT down! 3/4 missions - I missed using an esper because I didn't generate enough orbs and I was afraid I was going to push the 50% threshold if I went for it.

My final setup was a little janky. I tried two runs with Sara, but I found I couldn't afford to give up a unit slot just to AoE mirage the Reaper thresholds. Once I pushed the boss below 50% I was getting decimated.

I ended up running

Noctis - 100% evade, provoke
    MS Nichol - buffs, mana battery
    Ayaka - Reraise/Curaja
    Warrior of Light - breaks, AoE cover the Reaper thresholds
    Trance Terra - Chaos Wave/Chaos Flare
    Trance Terra (friend)

Noctis would Fish+1 on odd turns and Thunder Flask on even ones. MS Nichol used Impregnable Stance and Fortune Stance (reduce ATK/MAG, buff DEF/SPR) on T1 and whenever they expired, and also on the turn after crossing the 80%/60% thresholds (because WoL would die and need to be re-buffed). Ayaka kept Reriase on WoL and cast Curaja every turn. Warrior of Light (pain in the ass that he is) would cover Noctis like 80% of the time anyway, but with defensive buffs he had enough HP to survive all four basic attacks and Meteor (which hit the party for about 2k each turn). The Terra twins spent the early turns ramping up Chaos Flare, but otherwise carefully metered their DPS to play around thresholds. I fit in a Riot Blade - Trance to get the LB mission, and then the big setup turn was 2x Full Magical Activation + WoL casting regular old Imperil (courtesy of Ramuh). The final turn was MS Nichol using Courageous Stance, WoL using Arms Eraser, and both Terras quad-casting a fully charged Chaos Flare to OTKO Iron Giant from 53%.

There's probably a cleaner way to do this. Hell, it's possible I didn't need Noctis at all because WoL was beefy enough, and I could have run Garnet in that slot to trivialize the esper mission. I'm still really pleased, though - I've been eyeing this trial for a long time and it feels like a major milestone to get it done.

EDIT: almost forgot! Shoutout to @maraji for your beefy Trance Terra. She put in work.

Griswold on
    FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Summer ticket cracked into rainbow!

...Veritas of the Flame? Bah. If you're going to do that I'd rather get a gold that gives a 5% extra to some TMR I need, game.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »

...Veritas of the Flame? Bah. If you're going to do that I'd rather get a gold that gives a 5% extra to some TMR I need, game.

I really hope they make his 7* significantly better than it is in JP. I want to use him because I love his big dumb Minotaur sprite. I'll 100% forget all about him when Ignacio happens.

• Options
    lodgerlodger Humble Narrator Registered User regular
    edited October 2018

I've got 3 of him and 3 Dark Veritas. So hopefully I'll be ready to get some STMRs by the time we get a Veritas awakening wave.

lodger on
  • Options
    I figured that Marlboro should be relatively easy with 7* units (including Rinoa) but I was wrong. I just don't have really anyone that can do AOE attacks. I'm sure if I had a stockpile of TTs sitting around it could be doable. My M. Ramza/Basch/Ayaka can handle just about everything damage-wise, I'm just not sure what to do with my last two slots. Should I slot in a Christine and put Fryevia as the damage dealer? Then use someone's 7* TT?

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    I figured that Marlboro should be relatively easy with 7* units (including Rinoa) but I was wrong. I just don't have really anyone that can do AOE attacks. I'm sure if I had a stockpile of TTs sitting around it could be doable. My M. Ramza/Basch/Ayaka can handle just about everything damage-wise, I'm just not sure what to do with my last two slots. Should I slot in a Christine and put Fryevia as the damage dealer? Then use someone's 7* TT?

Any Tornado chainer will work well if you can dispel any Wind resists the smallboros put up. Christine to chain with a TT can work well.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular

When you say Malboro do you mean the new Venomous Vines of Death one or the original GL exclusive? If you mean the original, Christine + TT is great and should do fine; that's how I did it.
    If you mean the new one, the Malboro's in that one have 300% Ice resistance, so definitely do not use Christine or Fryevia.

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular

Any Tornado chainer will work well if you can dispel any Wind resists the smallboros put up. Christine to chain with a TT can work well.

For what it's worth when I did it with 2xBarb I didn't bother dispelling the buff and they still almost did too much damage.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    I just tried a 1100MAG Barb, 1600MAG Rinoa, and 2000 ATK Tidus and it didn't work out too well. Somehow ended up with one dead smallboro and then the following 2 turns they did their petrify spell and a snort or something? My M Ramza disappeared.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    I just tried a 1100MAG Barb, 1600MAG Rinoa, and 2000 ATK Tidus and it didn't work out too well. Somehow ended up with one dead smallboro and then the following 2 turns they did their petrify spell and a snort or something? My M Ramza disappeared.

You need to kill the Smallboros every 4th turn (above 50% HP) and every 3rd turn (below 50% HP) to avoid the Snort. With a Barb and Rinoa that beefy you can drop Tidus completely, he's dead weight. Slot in someone with decent SPR breaks and you should be killing the Smallboros every turn. Make sure to have some plant or demon killers. I can put up my DFina with Malboro's Whip and other plant/demon killers if you want.

Cruor on
  • Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular

I also straight rainboew Summer VotF and poor guy was just as unloved here lol. @Cruor I do love his sprite so would welcome an awesome 7* change, but will likely never ever use him. Poor guy.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    Papagander wrote: »

I also straight rainboew Summer VotF and poor guy was just as unloved here lol. @Cruor I do love his sprite so would welcome an awesome 7* change, but will likely never ever use him. Poor guy.

Yeah, VoTF needs some help to be good. Mostly he needs a good non-elemental 2H axe.

• Options

You need to kill the Smallboros every 4th turn (above 50% HP) and every 3rd turn (below 50% HP) to avoid the Snort. With a Barb and Rinoa that beefy you can drop Tidus completely, he's dead weight. Slot in someone with decent SPR breaks and you should be killing the Smallboros every turn. Make sure to have some plant or demon killers. I can put up my DFina with Malboro's Whip and other plant/demon killers if you want.

Hmm. Is it turn number or total time they've been alive? It was turn 2 of the Smallboros being alive and M Ramza got snorted again.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited October 2018

Fortunately it’s a devour, so you get the unit back in a few turns. When I finally cleared it Wilhelm spent a lot of time inside the Malboro because I had difficulty killing on the right turns.

I think I used Wilhelm, enh Ramza, Mystea, Ayaka, and two TT

Edit* - I also needed the spark chaining iOS tray trick

maraji on
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular

Hmm. Is it turn number or total time they've been alive? It was turn 2 of the Smallboros being alive and M Ramza got snorted again.

I believe it's turns divisable by 4 and 3 respectively. I've had smallboros come out and instantly snort if I remember correctly.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    I said this a couple weeks back, and now I sit here thinking. I'm pretty sure I'm legit done with this game. Overspending trying for Hyoh was a goddamn eye opener. I've logged in just barely enough to go through raid orbs twice a day and do the beach event. I'm absolutely dreading grinding out the 150goddamn K MK currency on the Ignis event with two measily 3*s as my bonus units. There's nothing I'm looking forward to and the event rotation is finally getting to me. I pumped my tickets and last 5k lapis dry trying for Mal and only got a Gladiolus to show for it. Maybe 7* meta was the app killer for me more than I realized. Forcing 2 of a unit is kind of a shit practice especially with the UoCs being stipulated into near irrelevance.

I think I might be done with gacha games in general (praise be!) I'm currently playing the new Nintendo one and the pullrates for THAT have me more frustrated than this.

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    I'm guessing that if you don't kill the smallboros and the marlboro in one turn that it essentially means you do the fight over again?

• Options
    Reigner wrote: »
    I said this a couple weeks back, and now I sit here thinking. I'm pretty sure I'm legit done with this game. Overspending trying for Hyoh was a goddamn eye opener. I've logged in just barely enough to go through raid orbs twice a day and do the beach event. I'm absolutely dreading grinding out the 150goddamn K MK currency on the Ignis event with two measily 3*s as my bonus units. There's nothing I'm looking forward to and the event rotation is finally getting to me. I pumped my tickets and last 5k lapis dry trying for Mal and only got a Gladiolus to show for it. Maybe 7* meta was the app killer for me more than I realized. Forcing 2 of a unit is kind of a shit practice especially with the UoCs being stipulated into near irrelevance.

I think I might be done with gacha games in general (praise be!) I'm currently playing the new Nintendo one and the pullrates for THAT have me more frustrated than this.
    God speed to you, sir! Gacha is both rewarding and frustrating I totally understand that. But yes, FFBE became greatly more complicated with the new 7* meta. Luckily, nothing really requires 7*s to clear at the moment, but they do make things significantly easier. I am on another FFBE forum and they Hyoh banner broke a couple of people over there and freed them from the grips of FFBE. You'll be missed in game and I'm assuming on the forums since lurking will most likely draw you back into the game at some point.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    We'll see what the week brings, use up my sun coins, see what the news is, see how much I honestly GAF about UoC tickets. If anyone here has been paying even remote attention to my account they know I've been extremely lucky most of the time. So clearing content isn't an issue, which in and of itself may be the problem, the rotation makes it a chore now. Even grinding out the shells for the sword has felt ridiculous.

At the very least even if I ghost, everyone will have a nice 2033ATK Hyoh on their Friendslist in perpetuity!

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
This discussion has been closed.