As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

In LA for 72 Hours - What to do?

MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNARochester, MNRegistered User regular
My brother qualified for Jeopardy so I am flying out to see him compete. We are staying in Culver City near the studio, but should have some time to explore LA.

Any suggestions?

I am in the business of saving lives.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Check out the Getty Museum. They have a nice garden to walk around in, a great view of the city since it's on a big ol' hill, and lots of art to look at. Parking is $15, but admission to to the museum is free. There's also the Getty Villa, but I've never been there.

Griffith Observatory is also pretty cool, and it's right by the Hollywood sign. Every time we've gone, we've parked at the theater at the bottom of the hill and walked up since it's free and the parking at the top up there is usually full by the time we arrive. There's also a bus that will take up up the hill for 50 cents a person.

The California Science Center is neat and you can see Space Shuttle Endeavour.

If you're into arcades, there's Eighty-Two and Button Mash which are closer to downtown LA. Both get pretty crowded at night.

My roommates and their kids loved going to The Last Bookstore in downtown LA. It's a huge used bookstore.

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    Santa Monica Pier is pretty neat if you haven't been before. I'd check air quality before you make plans to be outside for a long period of time though. The fires have sort of made the entire west coast gross right now.

• Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    In Culver City, try the museum of jursssic technology and father’s office.

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    It might be too late, but LA homes the largest Korean population outside of South Korea. Go to K-Town, get Korean BBQ. I recommend Ssam or Soowon Galbi. Ssam is a little cheaper. Getting to Venice and Santa Monica from Culver is really easy.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Awesome, thanks guys

• Options
    KPCKPC Registered User regular
    Go to In-N-Out. Hang out in Manhattan/Redondo/Hermosa Beach. If you're in downtown, you can usually go up to the rooftop bar at the Intercontinental for free and get a good view of the vastness of the Greater Los Angeles Area. Griffith Observatory at night also provides a great view.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    The hotel is actually pretty close to Manhattan beach. That's a nice area?

• Options
    KPCKPC Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    The hotel is actually pretty close to Manhattan beach. That's a nice area?

Personally I prefer it to Santa Monica and Venice.

• Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    In terms of beach niceness, MB is definitely better. Venice is kind of a weird fun neighborhood. I am probably biased since I live there. Santa Monica is curated for the tourists :)