Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[MCU] Captain Marvel is in the End game Far From Home.

ChaosHatChaosHat Registered User regular
edited December 9 in Debate and/or Discourse
It's still August and yet we're out of MCU stuff this year. But, never fear! 2019 could be the best year EVER. Starting with CAPTAIN MARVEL!
Posters:
captain-marvel-poster.jpg

captain_marvel_poster_1688.jpg

Trailers:
Trailer 1

Trailer 2

Captain Marvel stars Brie Larson as...Captain Marvel! Our first (and extremely overdue) entry in the MCU to have a woman lead. For those not in the know, Captain Marvel a.k.a. Carol Danvers is a former Air Force pilot who gains the powers of a Kree warrior named Mar-Vell and becomes basically the most badass space warrior there ever was. She's fighting them out there so we don't have to fight them here. Marvel head Kevin Feige says that she'll probably be the most powerful Avenger yet and has a huge role to play in phase four so this is definitely one to watch out for. This comes out in March!

I hear maybe we'll get the Captain Marvel teaser relatively soon. After that is...

*TITLE CARD TO COME SOON?!*

Avengers 4: Infinite Avengers (just a guess on the title). Who lives, who dies, who tells their story? Find out on May 3rd!

We'll wrap the year up (with webs, get it?) with:
g18op5cqejr5.jpg
Rumored to take place not in America with Jake Gyllenhaal as Mysterio and potentially the last Marvel Studios Spider-Man film (please god no). What will happen abroad? Will new MJ and Peter Parker get together? Will Sony and Marvel hash out a new deal? Find out when Spidey: Far From Home releases in JULY!

So that's all we know for now. Everything else is unannounced presumably until well after A4 to prevent spoiling.

Do you think you know what's going to happen in A4? Document it for all time here! You can put in your guesses until the first scraps of information start leaking about the movie. Cutoffs will probably be when the trailer drops but possibly sooner if there are leaks/spoilers.

ChaosHat.com - Twitter - Twitch Stream - Steam: ChaosHat - 3DS: 5215-0009-1949
SC2: ChaosHat.444 ggtracker
ChaosHat on
kimeForarThawmusShadowenH3Knuckles

• Skull2185Skull2185 In Greece, misthios. Number one. Lethal hands. One day, malakas need attitude adjustment. I kill malakas. Registered User regular
    I still feel like we're going to get news of a renewed contract or deal between Marvel and Sony, maybe closer to Spider-Man's release. They've set him up as a big pillar of the post IW MCU, and I can't see any of the parties involved just letting that poof away.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx Wash your clothes Till the creek turn redRegistered User regular
    I could totally see Sony going "Thanks for making Spiderman big again, we'll take it from here."

Make. Time.
    ChaosHatLegacyBobblekimePolaritieAbsoluteZeroFoolOnTheHillGnome-InterruptusKruiteRickRudeMorganVnever dieShadowfireShadowenHeatwaveGiggles_FunsworthTransporter
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Registered User regular
    edited August 20
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I still feel like we're going to get news of a renewed contract or deal between Marvel and Sony, maybe closer to Spider-Man's release. They've set him up as a big pillar of the post IW MCU, and I can't see any of the parties involved just letting that poof away.

I also think we'll see a deal but I'm maybe 60-40 or 70-30 in favor. I think if Venom takes off and is a hit they might be like "Woah we need Spider-Man back we've got this figured out."

I think on one hand the part where Sony let's marvel do all the planning and they just pay for it and make the money is pretty good and us as close to betting on a sure thing as there is. On the other hand, the fact that they've kept everything else and are trying to make their side universe seems like they might try to take it all back once Marvel's redeemed it. They could just as easily say "we relinquish everything back as long as we get paid in perpetuity."

I think Sony's side of the equation is unsustainable. I don't think many of Spider-Man's villains are that interesting without him. Spider-Man will be fine on his own, but who would the Sinister Six even fight? The villains are designed as foils to him. Morbius, Venom, Doc Ock, et al just aren't as interesting in a vacuum.

The rumors that they're going to use Silk as a main protagonist is very interesting. I think there's a lot of room for them to try without Spider-Man. Silk, Miles Morales, Mayday Parker, Spider-Gwen, etc are all pretty interesting options for them and they could really try to be a leader in regards to inclusion. Cindy Moon is a Korean female, Miles is a half black half latino male, Gwen is a female, etc.

There are interesting avenues there but they're harder and I just don't know that Sony is willing to try hard when they can get the low hanging fruit. Granted, Into the Spider-Verse is a thing so maybe I'm totally wrong.

ChaosHat on
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    I think a lot of it will depend on Venom. If Venom crashes and burns, then I would expect a new deal keeping Spidey in the MCU. If Venom goes big money, then Sony will probably take Spider-Man back and fuck it up again.

Also, I'm thinking Avengers 4 will be titled Avengers Forever. It was an old Avengers comic series, and acts as a celebration of the Avengers. Also, it sticks it to DC for Batman Forever.

PSN|AspectVoid
    LegacyChaosHatGnome-InterruptusMorganV
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    I think a lot of it will depend on Venom. If Venom crashes and burns, then I would expect a new deal keeping Spidey in the MCU. If Venom goes big money, then Sony will probably take Spider-Man back and fuck it up again.

Also, I'm thinking Avengers 4 will be titled Avengers Forever. It was an old Avengers comic series, and acts as a celebration of the Avengers. Also, it sticks it to DC for Batman Forever.

"Avengers Forever" was floated to the Russos at some con and they said that it was wrong but the closest guess yet. So "Infinite Avengers" is pretty close.

• EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    My official guess is Avengers: Eternity War.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Avengers For ... Like, a Really Long Time
    Avengers For at least One More Movie
    Avengers For Hire
    Avengers For the Cure

never dieEddyTofystedethJayrichomysticjuicer
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Avengers: Everyone who died is coming back, everyone who lived will be missed

• Skull2185Skull2185 In Greece, misthios. Number one. Lethal hands. One day, malakas need attitude adjustment. I kill malakas. Registered User regular
    edited August 20
    Avengers Rising: Revengeance

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    SealEddy
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Avengers: Thorever

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    BobbleMild ConfusionForarThawmusFoolOnTheHillnever dieShadowfireklemmingEddyTofystedethitalianranmaJayrichoTicaldfjamMichaelLC
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Avengers: Thorever

I'd watch this

ThawmusFoolOnTheHillMorganVShadowenTofystedethJayricho
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Avengers and the Infinite Sadness

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
    XaquinShawnaseeGnome-InterruptusDark Raven XShadowen
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Avengers: Infinity War 2: Electric Boogaloo

Featuring Dwayne Johnson as Drax

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Featuring Dwayne Johnson as Drax

Ouch.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
    jimb213jungleroomxThawmusCommander ZoomAbsoluteZeroHarry DresdenShadowfireLinespider5Inquisitor77ShadowenHeatwave
    But it's always been Dwayne. Dave who? -Disney probably

edited August 20
    I grow increasingly offended that Shazam already has a very good trailer out and we ain't got shit for Captain Marvel which comes out the month before.

ChaosHat on
    MaclayShadowen
  • ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    All this talk of replacements and I think we owe Ed Norton a little something for recommending Mark Ruffalo for the job.

Chanus wrote: »

Your wang is a better man than you.
    Shadowen
    I hate to say it, but every movie he's in, his performances (to me at least) get worse, and I can't exactly put my finger on why.

ThawmushonovereEddyKanaBlackbird SR-71CEntaru
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    I grow increasingly offended that Shazam already has a very good trailer out and we ain't got shit for Captain Marvel which comes out the month before.

DC needs to push Shazam.

BobbleDoctor DetroitShadowen
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »

DC needs to push Shazam.
    Yup. At this point, Marvel could hold off on all marketing until a week before release, have their trailer be a 15 second still of a placard with the name, the symbol, the Marvel logo and the date, and it'd still be a massive hit unless the film is unparalleled garbage.

DC are still trying to establish credibility with the general population. Marvel don't have to do that.

jungleroomxLegacykimeMild ConfusionRickRudeShadowfireForarInquisitor77ShadowenGiggles_FunsworthJayricho
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular

DC needs to push Shazam.

More to the point, DC needs the positive buzz.

MorganVjungleroomx
    These are all good points but man I still want to see it.

I'm very uninterested in the A4 trailer. I think it's highly unlikely they show us anything remotely revealing unless they just lean into "everyone seeing this is genre savvy enough to dispense with the trickery."

Fencingsax
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    Somehow my SO, who only watches the MCU because of me, texts me today, "So Dr. Strange is going to save the universe with something called the Tribunal? "

We still haven't seen Ant-Man and she doesn't remember the pager stinger, so I get to highlight reel my favorite Captain Marvel moments for her tonight.

CanadianWolverineShadowen
  • ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    Somehow my SO, who only watches the MCU because of me, texts me today, "So Dr. Strange is going to save the universe with something called the Tribunal? "

We still haven't seen Ant-Man and she doesn't remember the pager stinger, so I get to highlight reel my favorite Captain Marvel moments for her tonight.

Your SO is frackin adorable...in the most sincerest sense.

Chanus wrote: »

Your wang is a better man than you.
    CanadianWolverineShadowen
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    It seems odd Captain Marvel didn't get pushed up sooner?

Just seems weird it'll be barely a month after Marvel that we'll get A4

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    It seems odd Captain Marvel didn't get pushed up sooner?

Just seems weird it'll be barely a month after Marvel that we'll get A4

I kind of disagree with their new pattern of spring, early summer, mid summer releases. I think May/July/Fall would be fine. Granted, in this particular instance I am okay with getting A4 into my face as soon as possible.

XaquinjungleroomxLegacyShadowfireGnome-Interruptus
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    I think Sony's side of the equation is unsustainable. I don't think many of Spider-Man's villains are that interesting without him. Spider-Man will be fine on his own, but who would the Sinister Six even fight? The villains are designed as foils to him. Morbius, Venom, Doc Ock, et al just aren't as interesting in a vacuum.

It all depends on who's making it. In the comics numerous excellent, critically acclaimed stories have been made of these people which they can delve into (they won't). The weak spot isn't the mythology, it's Sony itself. Give the characters to Marvel's and they'll make wonderful, intriguing stories, but you can't do that with incompetent studios.
    The rumors that they're going to use Silk as a main protagonist is very interesting. I think there's a lot of room for them to try without Spider-Man. Silk, Miles Morales, Mayday Parker, Spider-Gwen, etc are all pretty interesting options for them and they could really try to be a leader in regards to inclusion. Cindy Moon is a Korean female, Miles is a half black half latino male, Gwen is a female, etc.

Yep. Cindy Moon had a cameo in Homecoming, btw.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited August 21
    In Infinity War, I liked how the Hulk crashed through the skylight like the Silver Surfer did in Infinity Gauntlet.

Krathoon on
    BlackDragon480Legacy
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    The only reason I wouldn't bet large on A4 being called "Avengers Assemble" is the fact that they kind of already used it for the UK release of the first movie, thanks to the fact that "The Avengers" also refers to some '60's spy show.

So I'd probably bet on "Avengers Disassembled". Pre-existing comic book name, pretty darn accurate name for the state of the movie.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    PSN: TheWolfman64 3DS/Pokemon Y: 0774-4614-4065/NNID: the_wolfman64
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited August 21
    Why does Stark have such an old ass flip phone?

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Why does Stark have such an old ass flip phone?

because steve gave it to him at the end of civil war? It was delivered by stan lee, when he called him Tony Stank.

It was a nice little jab at the futurist, in my opinion, and wholly intentional to give him such a POS phone that he knew he would have to keep.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    XaquinShadowfirejoshgotroFencingsaxPolaritieBobbleLegacyMild ConfusionDaenrisGnome-InterruptusGiggles_FunsworthJayrichoTransporter
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Tony’s phone from IM1 was too sweet and he became major addicted so he downgraded7rxk1o078err.jpeg

Linespider5Transporter
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    It was one of those cheap burner phones from a gas station, probably with just enough prepaid minutes for one call. Cap was on the run, he doesn't have the funds for a fancy smart phone.

GyralCanadianWolverineFencingsaxBobbleLegacyEddyMild ConfusionInquisitor77KanaMvrckTofystedethGnome-InterruptusitalianranmaJoolanderTransporter
    The only reason I wouldn't bet large on A4 being called "Avengers Assemble" is the fact that they kind of already used it for the UK release of the first movie, thanks to the fact that "The Avengers" also refers to some '60's spy show.

So I'd probably bet on "Avengers Disassembled". Pre-existing comic book name, pretty darn accurate name for the state of the movie.

Eh I feel like they'll go with a more triumphant sounding title. It will be their greatest victory ever.

• McFodderMcFodder 'SploringRegistered User regular
    Avengers: Best Day Ever.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / NNID: Fodder185
  • TexiKenTexiKen I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of AmericaRegistered User regular
    If you want a triumphant title just call it X-Men :cool:

OTrHqVh.jpg
    Eddy
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I need a burner phone.

Jragghen wrote: »
    It'll be Infinity Crusade.

Infinity Watch would be a cool idea. It would be a good way to write out some characters but keep them available to return later.