As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MCU] Captain Marvel tickets on sale now, less than 60 days to go.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    don't know if anyone saw, but they low-key debuted the "Far From Home" Spidey suit on Kimmel the other night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPQLILnqxS0

I like how it looks, subtle changes, but it looks good.

"Because Thanos is poor."

Perfect.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Tom Holland is a fucking treasure.

• MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Holy shit that flip at the end too.

Edit: I am becoming more and more convinced that Marvel is actually just stealing actual superheroes from alternate universes and passing them off as actors in ours.

Mvrck on
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Yeah, that casual flip was pretty good.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Hiring a dancer for Spider-Man was a genius move

• KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Quite a few martial arts action stars have backgrounds in dance, gymnastics, and acrobatics. Michelle Yeoh was a ballet dancer. Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung were enrolled in the same Peking Opera School. Zhang Ziyi studied at the Beijing Dance Academy.

• That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Quite a few martial arts action stars have backgrounds in dance, gymnastics, and acrobatics. Michelle Yeoh was a ballet dancer. Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung were enrolled in the same Peking Opera School. Zhang Ziyi studied at the Beijing Dance Academy.

I saw an interview with Jackie Chan a while back where he was talking about how similar fight and dance choreography were.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »

I saw an interview with Jackie Chan a while back where he was talking about how similar fight and dance choreography were.

Especially with the style that Jackie, Sammo, and the third Musketeer Yuen Biao all employ. There's a cadence to their fights that's as tight as the best rhythm sections in bands. You don't always notice it's there, until it's not, and then it's lack sticks out like a sore thumb.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    It's like poetry... It rhymes.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »

Especially with the style that Jackie, Sammo, and the third Musketeer Yuen Biao all employ. There's a cadence to their fights that's as tight as the best rhythm sections in bands. You don't always notice it's there, until it's not, and then it's lack sticks out like a sore thumb.

Obligatory.
    https://youtu.be/Z1PCtIaM_GQ

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    It seems nuts that we still don't have an Avengers title when it's barely more than 6 months away.

I wonder if they'll wait for the first trailer to announce it?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Probably still trying to come up with something that won't be a disappointment.

It'll be Infinity War 2 when someone realizes they have 2 days to go.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Xeddicus wrote: »

Nah they probably don't care.

FEIGE: Definitely not called that. When we announce the title I am not sure, but as I’ve probably said to you, it’s gotten completely blown out of proportion. It will just be a name and the reason to hold it back was to keep the attention on Infinity War. That backfired a little bit because now everyone thinks what’s the name of the next one gonna be? But it was really just to keep the focus [on Infinity War]. We did not want to call it Part One and Part Two. Although it will be quite evident that the films obviously connect, as all our films do, but this in particular connects very directly. And then we changed the Part One and Part Two, we said let’s just keep this Infinity War and we’ll talk about the next movie later. We had done things in the past that had taken attention off of whatever the film at hand is because we talked about this. For instance, Infinity War announcing before Ultron came out, and it worked out, it was fine, but it felt like let’s keep the attention on the film at hand.

jungleroomx on
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    I kind of wish they'd just gone with Infinity War Part One and Part Two.

camo_sig2.png
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    That would have given the game away to people who saw the movie without getting into the nitty-gritty--for lack of a better term, the "casual" MCU fans (which is to say most of them, as the number of people going to see comic-book movies is vastly more than the number of people still buying comic books). "Part 1 and Part 2? Oh, I guess this one's going to end on a cliffhanger." But a lot of reviews I've seen from fans, they were convinced the big final battle was going to end with Thanos defeated. So for it to end the way it did was a genuine shock. And if it had been called part 1, I don't think as many people would have thought that. Hell, even I kind of fell victim to the naming scheme, with Feige and others saying "we renamed it because it's not one story in two parts, it's two stories that are inter-related". I expected some shit at the end of the movie, but I didn't expect what we got.

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    That would have given the game away to people who saw the movie without getting into the nitty-gritty--for lack of a better term, the "casual" MCU fans (which is to say most of them, as the number of people going to see comic-book movies is vastly more than the number of people still buying comic books). "Part 1 and Part 2? Oh, I guess this one's going to end on a cliffhanger." But a lot of reviews I've seen from fans, they were convinced the big final battle was going to end with Thanos defeated. So for it to end the way it did was a genuine shock. And if it had been called part 1, I don't think as many people would have thought that. Hell, even I kind of fell victim to the naming scheme, with Feige and others saying "we renamed it because it's not one story in two parts, it's two stories that are inter-related". I expected some shit at the end of the movie, but I didn't expect what we got.

When they publicly announced that they weren’t part 1 and 2 anymore I kind of fell into this.

“They’re not gonna do the snap, then. But, I mean, they have to, it’s one of the most important and well known moments in comics, but I guess they can’t. They can’t. Big summer blockbusters don’t do things like that. They won’t. But, I mean, they kind of HAVE to...”

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Second part could be Infinity Gauntlet? As an adaptation of that story, we're now at the point where that starts.

Oh brilliant
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Avengers 4: Insert Title Here

Avengers 4: Infinite Titles

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Avengers 4: Infinity War 2

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Second part could be Infinity Gauntlet? As an adaptation of that story, we're now at the point where that starts.

It's not.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »
    It seems nuts that we still don't have an Avengers title when it's barely more than 6 months away.

I wonder if they'll wait for the first trailer to announce it?

I'm just going to guess its going to be either Infinity or Secret War based on Marvel comic titles that could be used for a film title at this time.

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    2 Infinity 2 Furious

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »

Nah they probably don't care.

FEIGE: Definitely not called that. When we announce the title I am not sure, but as I’ve probably said to you, it’s gotten completely blown out of proportion. It will just be a name and the reason to hold it back was to keep the attention on Infinity War. That backfired a little bit because now everyone thinks what’s the name of the next one gonna be? But it was really just to keep the focus [on Infinity War]. We did not want to call it Part One and Part Two. Although it will be quite evident that the films obviously connect, as all our films do, but this in particular connects very directly. And then we changed the Part One and Part Two, we said let’s just keep this Infinity War and we’ll talk about the next movie later. We had done things in the past that had taken attention off of whatever the film at hand is because we talked about this. For instance, Infinity War announcing before Ultron came out, and it worked out, it was fine, but it felt like let’s keep the attention on the film at hand.

We'll assume it's not just PR speak like everything is and go with: Then they fucked up by changing it from part 2. No one cared until they said it wasn't named that!

If one of the fan-theories/rumors about the plot, that being we're going to see alternate-universe/timeline versions of the Avengers, is true, then Infinity makes the most sense, even if it does feel a bit weird after Infinity War.

• McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    To be fair, it doesn't really matter, they could call it Avengers: Poop From A Butt and I'll still be there opening weekend.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    If one of the fan-theories/rumors about the plot, that being we're going to see alternate-universe/timeline versions of the Avengers, is true, then Infinity makes the most sense, even if it does feel a bit weird after Infinity War.

The smart money is on time travel, future and past. This was set up in The Wasp, and Ant-man - he's there, too.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I am honestly curious how much Antman is in this thing.

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    He was explicitly left behind, so it would suck if he wasn't in it all that much given they could've just dusted him along with the others.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular

The smart money is on time travel, future and past. This was set up in The Wasp, and Ant-man - he's there, too.

Infinities of future past.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I am honestly curious how much Antman is in this thing.

He's there 100% of the time, he's just small so you can't see him.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    So is this gonna be Avengers: Edge of Tomorrow?

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Avengers: The Cursed Child

where instead of being great mystery-adventures revolving around macguffins, it's a shit time travel story that opens roughly one plot hole per page

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    "Tony, you're upsetting the Black Order and entirely ruining Thanos Day."

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Avengers: Thanos in the Hooouuuse

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Avengers: Dawn of Justice

• daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    4vengers.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
    He was explicitly left behind, so it would suck if he wasn't in it all that much given they could've just dusted him along with the others.

He literally hasn't been in an Avengers movie.

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    He was in civil war which is avengers 2.5.

AlphaRomero on
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Ant-Man
    Is 100% in Avengers 4, with a major role apparently. There’s been production photos of him on set and some form of quantum time travel is part of the plot since the photos are of him during the battle of New York from Avengers 1.

Avengers: Title Wars

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
This discussion has been closed.