As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

podcasts: are they piss?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Only place I've gotten poutine from was a food truck and it was a total goddamn mess and also very good

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    The ideal food truck experience really

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Never seen anyone eat poutine around here.

Gravy on fries all the fucking time, but no one ever gets the cheese out.

I don't like gravy on fries but I tried to sell my mom and brother on poutine and they looked at me like I was a crazy person.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    There's apparently a place near me that offers poutine with cheddar cheese and oxtail gravy.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I will not eat poutine in America unless it's been cosigned by five different Canadian experts but in Quebec I'd eat poutine that was offered to me by a rat on the subway.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Look you can put gravy and melty cheese curds on basically anything and I'll eat it

Fries, chips, broken glass, an apple, a live chicken, whatever

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I will not eat poutine in America unless it's been cosigned by five different Canadian experts but in Quebec I'd eat poutine that was offered to me by a rat on the subway.

A rat would understand the vital importance of the squeak, so this tracks.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    you can find a lot of hipster neopoutines around Seattle - some of them quite tasty - but as far as I know the only place that makes the good stuff is

of1umwwu85wg.jpg

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

A rat would understand the vital importance of the squeak, so this tracks.

BOOOOOO

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    263vYh0.jpg

pictured, apparently an american poutine

The one time we don't err on the side of incredible excess...

I've bamboozled you, this is marketing copy for a canadian McDonalds poutine

I was about to say those look suspiciously like mcdonalds fries.

• Options

Ok but what's one food you'd eat offered to you by a rat in America but would not eat in Quebec unless it were cosigned by five different American experts?

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    jgeis wrote: »

Ok but what's one food you'd eat offered to you by a rat in America but would not eat in Quebec unless it were cosigned by five different American experts?

Barbecue

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

TexMex/CaliMex

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    We had the local pub where we played trivia a lot do us their poutine but with onion rings instead. It was quite good.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I have a confession to make

I’ve never had poutine

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    The last poutine I had was in a poutine Pizza Pop and it was not very good.

I didn't eat that with my hands, either.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i'll admit though, those poutine pizza pops were of a higher quality than i expected

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

Barbecue

Hmmm yes, even in America it's difficult to find good barbecue in certain areas.

Inquisitor wrote: »

TexMex/CaliMex

Mexican food in general seems to be a thing that some foreign cultures (or at least more than one individual that I have personally met) are basically totally unaware of. Every one of the Japanese exchange students hosted by my ex's family didn't have a clue about Mexican cuisine, not even tacos. They just called tacos American food. I know a German exchange student my young brother hung out with didn't know anything outside of tacos.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    263vYh0.jpg

pictured, apparently an american poutine

The one time we don't err on the side of incredible excess...

I've bamboozled you, this is marketing copy for a canadian McDonalds poutine

I was about to say those look suspiciously like mcdonalds fries.

Patented gnomefries. old family recipe.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I had a poutine pizza from Pizza Hut once

it used gravy for the sauce

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    so Waypoint Radio has spun off its waypoints section into it's own weekly podcast (same feed). I'm into it as I definitely appreciate more podcast from them.

And of course Rob's thing in the first episode is extremely on brand

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    it's got to be put ine your mouth

• Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Inquisitor wrote: »

TexMex/CaliMex

Mexican food in general seems to be a thing that some foreign cultures (or at least more than one individual that I have personally met) are basically totally unaware of. Every one of the Japanese exchange students hosted by my ex's family didn't have a clue about Mexican cuisine, not even tacos. They just called tacos American food. I know a German exchange student my young brother hung out with didn't know anything outside of tacos.

Myself and my fellow dorm parents made Mexican food for our Chinese boarding students. The looks of complete confusion when they finished making their soft tacos and found our trays of nachos were just beautiful. :tell_me_more:

"No you don't have to put them in the taco! They're just chips with stuff on them!"

Jacoby on
    GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I appreciate that the suicide mission lets you get the best possible outcome

doing it perfectly is one of the most satisfying things ive done in games

The problem for me id thst ME3 doesnt support it

half the characters have nothing to do to the point where its farcical, theyre just gonna stand here and not join your team... because

and also it is one of the biggest reasons the ending doesnt work: shepherd perfectly pulls this off, but in 3 even if you have max readiness and negotiate treaties perfectly you still cant properly solve the problem, which feels at odds with the expectations 2 gives you

this is actually a problem with 3 being a whack story, not a fault with mass effect 2

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    this popped up in my youtube recs

there are many GB compilations but I'm a sucker for Eurovision

https://youtu.be/Vr_qHGNExuo

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I like that kasumi in me3 says look, shepard, the suicide mission was a fuckin psychologically traumatizing event and I can't do that again, I'm just a thief

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I appreciate that the suicide mission lets you get the best possible outcome

doing it perfectly is one of the most satisfying things ive done in games

The problem for me id thst ME3 doesnt support it

half the characters have nothing to do to the point where its farcical, theyre just gonna stand here and not join your team... because

and also it is one of the biggest reasons the ending doesnt work: shepherd perfectly pulls this off, but in 3 even if you have max readiness and negotiate treaties perfectly you still cant properly solve the problem, which feels at odds with the expectations 2 gives you

It's a bummer that those characters aren't more present in ME3, but given the realties of making a game like Mass Effect 3, where you have to account for all of the crazy number of different things that could have happened, it's kind of a miracle that they got the spotlights they did have in ME3.

And the stakes in ME3 are significantly different than the stakes in ME2. I don't think the problem is necessarily that you can't prepare enough to complete perfectly with zero losses; I think it might be that there's not really much of a visible scale as to how well you've done. In ME2 you know that it's building up to a mission where people might die unless you prep extensively, so that's always hanging over you. Everything's a bit more abstract in ME3's ending, as far as what resources are being brought in, so you don't get those panicked moments of "oh shit, Tali might bite it here."

But that's only in the ending of ME3. I think the entire game of ME3 ends up having the same feel as the suicide run, in that you're making tough choices and they're impacted by the work you've done leading up to it, and you know that the results are largely on you. The perfect "suicide run" in ME3 is stuff like, "I came through this with both of these races intact and ready to go." And even though I'm a bigger fan of the ending than most, I do wish the impact of those choices had more of an impact on the close of it beyond "an abstract number went up."

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I'm not a fan of gravy so imagine poutine to not be my thing.
    Would be cool to try it someday to findout if I'd like it. Try to be openminded

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I feel like I had never seen so much poutine in my life than when I was at PAX. I even mentioned something to the effect of "it seems like every bar here has poutine now".

Lo and behold, I get back to SF and I've seen it at least twice now.

As if gravy itself is gradually flowing down from the north, it's spreading

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    The only things I like on my fries:
    salt
    ketchup
    honey
    barbecue sauce
    a Wendy's chocolate Frosty

No gravy, no cheese, no mustard, none of that

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    The only things I like on my fries:
    salt
    ketchup
    honey
    barbecue sauce
    a Wendy's chocolate Frosty

No gravy, no cheese, no mustard, none of that

SOMEONE CALL FOR A GRAVY CHEESE MUSTARD FRY DISH

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I'm very glad Dan Ryckert immediately likes Detective Conan/Case Closed for all the right reasons

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    MUSTARD IS THE WORST CONDIMENT I WILL DIE ON THIS HILL

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    I will add to this that I do not consider hot sauces a condiment

they are, at best, a form of punishment

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I love mustard.

Especially horseradish mustard. That's the good shit.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

I used to think this, then I discovered that the yellow mustard that had been foisted upon me all my life was like, the least of all mustards.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I used to think this, then I discovered that the yellow mustard that had been foisted upon me all my life was like, the least of all mustards.

Yeah, yellow mustard is the worst mustard by far. I only eat it when I'm specifically going for "low quality."

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    all condiments are good when used correctly

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    all condiments are good when used correctly

Yes, and for many of those condiments, that correct use is throwing them in the trash so they don't wreck my good food

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Yeah your posts are a pretty bad condiment

This discussion has been closed.