As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Of all the [movie] threads in all the forums in all the world, she walks into mine

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    your hat is not like a shark fin tho

you havent seen my hat

yes i have

oh fuck i forgot about that pbr hat

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

you havent seen my hat

yes i have

Shame! Shame! Shame!!!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    pbr hat

wow

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

you havent seen my hat

yes i have

how dare you

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I was done with the Alien franchise and then Covenant turned out to be the best one so far so now I don't know what to think

Shame we’ll probably never get that third movie

• Options

you havent seen my hat

yes i have

how dare you

It is currently stored in a place of honor in a box of Halloween decorations

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

you havent seen my hat

yes i have

how dare you

now i am mad you don't have your halloween decorations up!!!!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

you havent seen my hat

yes i have

how dare you

now i am mad you don't have your halloween decorations up!!!!

mrs chilla wont let me until the month flips over but i guarantee you im doing it september 30th

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

you havent seen my hat

yes i have

how dare you

Good, let it absorb their ambient spookiness.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    PBR hat is more of an existential horror

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »
    i am watching the 1995 horror movie "mosquito"

my favorite part of the movie mosquito is where a giant mosquito kills a naked lady by sucking all her blood out from her butt
    Like, just chomps that cheek or something way more excessive?

I hate that I want to know this, because my brain sees a distinction and needs that clarity.

just bites into a cheek and sucks all the blood out

I saw this movie on the sci-fi channel in the 90's and when it became clear there weren't going to be any boobs I felt very cheated

i mean there are boobs in it

in that very scene, even!

you just ain't seeing 'em on basic cable

so I was cheated

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    how dare you try to get me to reveal a camp counseling movie ahead of the show

This is an emergency dogg, I am slightly less happy than usual and need a momentary chuckle!

Totally worthy cause!

• Options
    can't do it

won't do it

never gonna do it

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Darn.

Heck.

Fiddlesticks!

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Just saw Train to Busan

it was pretty good but i kinda don't know if i can say much more about it than that

• Options
    kinda tempted to watch Green Room now

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    kinda tempted to watch Green Room now

Do. It.

• Options
    jesus fucking christ green room

what an amazing film

i kinda wish that i hadn't read some thing about it, but even so, it's just fantastic still

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    yeah green room is great. Most shocked a movie has made me in recent memory

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Oh shit yeah, Hold the Dark is out this week

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    New Bumblebee trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcwmDAYt22k

Goddamn it feels so weird and great to be able to tell what's going on in a filmed Transformers fight scene

• Options
    That

kinda looks like a movie.

Like, a whole movie that might not be dogshit.

Huh.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    That trailer makes me angry because they clearly show a Gen 1 looking Soundwave shooting a guy out of his chest. If they had the means to do that this whole time why did we get the trash we have been getting.

God damn it.

*This is hypothetical. I know why we got the stuff we got.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    ah man, I'm going to cry during a transformers movie in 2018 aren't I

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Well hot damn

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I'm crying already

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Real glad they're finally making a live-action transformers movie for transformers fans and I hope this kicks off a whole run of movies with this much improved visual direction (and apparently script quality, maybe!?)

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Real glad they're finally making a live-action transformers movie for transformers fans and I hope this kicks off a whole run of movies with this much improved visual direction (and apparently script quality, maybe!?)

Now maybe the hasbro PR movie can do the same (I liked the movie enough but those robots is bad)

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    This is the last one before the franchise gets rebooted.

sig.gif
  • Options

No reason (afaik) the reboot can't use the visual language (and potentially even assets) from this movie. In fact I'd be willing to wager this being such a departure from the previous run is at least in part as a test run for where to go with the rebooted franchise. Why else spend so much money redesigning everything for the last movie in a franchise.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    so is this like a reboot?

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

No reason (afaik) the reboot can't use the visual language (and potentially even assets) from this movie. In fact I'd be willing to wager this being such a departure from the previous run is at least in part as a test run for where to go with the rebooted franchise. Why else spend so much money redesigning everything for the last movie in a franchise.
    It was "cancelled" while the movie was in production/post-production.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Mysst wrote: »

I think it's hard to say, but that's absolutely the Michael Bay Bumblebee, down to not being able to talk
    It was originally announced as a prequel to the Bay films but it doesn't seem too beholden to those

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Alright.

Watched Mandy.

Definitely not what I was hoping for but I knew that going in and I think that allowed me to enjoy it.

I didn't love it. It was a beautifully shot movie and it did have a few awesome Crazy Nic Cage moments.

All the stuff in between was slow and plodding though.

I give it a solid C+

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »

I think it's hard to say, but that's absolutely the Michael Bay Bumblebee, down to not being able to talk
    It was originally announced as a prequel to the Bay films but it doesn't seem too beholden to those

It definitely feels like they are trying to have their cake and eat it too by claiming it as part of the movie series but going their own more loyal to the roots way. Not that I think they need too...I cant imagine there is this huge horde of Bay fans out their clamoring for more from him. Kind of like how both the X-Men related series currently on TV claim to be set in the "universe" or some other ambiguous BS.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I saw Shockwave in that trailer!!!

• Options
    Warner Bros found a director for its long-planned The Wild Bunch remake

It's Mel Gibson

Mel will also executive produce and co-write, per Deadline

• Options
    Warner Bros found a director for its long-planned The Wild Bunch remake

It's Mel Gibson

Mel will also executive produce and co-write, per Deadline

This was the first I'm hearing of this remake and also the last I care to hear of it

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    That's perfect.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I spend a lot of time near the movie theatre where I saw Mel Gibson walk by once, I probably go there once a week

and every time I hope I see him again, because I will be ready to call him a fucking asshole to his face

This discussion has been closed.