As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monster Hunter] Astera Fest: Catch 'em all.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Now that I am fighting elders, i am starting to mess around with different skills for my bow

Right now I think I have

Rath helm B
    Nerg B chest
    Dober greaves
    Rath Coil
    Laviosa legs

trying to figure out how to keep the rath bonus, but also get free element and more attack boost.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    Now that I am fighting elders, i am starting to mess around with different skills for my bow

Right now I think I have

Rath helm B
    Nerg B chest
    Dober greaves
    Rath Coil
    Laviosa legs

trying to figure out how to keep the rath bonus, but also get free element and more attack boost.

attack boost isn't super great on elemental bows. you really want more crit with appropriate crit boost at higher crit levels (1CB at less than 65% crit, 2CB at less than 75% crit, 3CB at 75% and higher).

are you on PC or console?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Hey real talk is there a good save editor for the PC version

Is that... something we're allowed to talk about? It's not piracy or anything. Right?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    There were already mods that allowed you to buy any item in the game from the shops, including decorations, so that should pretty much cover anything anyone would want to ever edit.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    There's a mod out there that let's you meld specific high rarity decorations for a cost of a few thousand research points and a few hundred melding points. Apparently the values are preset by the game and Capcom just removed the functionality to pad out the endgame grind.

Costs are such that you definitely still feel like you have earned those rewards, treated myself after 200 hours with no Capacity Boost.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Explains why the research points exist to begin with, there's barely anything worth using them on otherwise for the amounts you accumulate.

• Options
    Those all sound good

But I've spent a long time on this file on PS4 and if I get the PC version I don't know that I'm up to just starting over

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Yup, I probably will move to the PC version eventually (If they release DLC), but I am in no way going to grind these decos again.

• Options
    I've grinding to the point all I have missing left on PS4 is 3 Agitators and 1 Handicraft. I have 9 Attack Boost. Finally got my last Stamina Surge yesterday.

I am. so. done with this shit.

• Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

Right now I think I have

Rath helm B
    Nerg B chest
    Dober greaves
    Rath Coil
    Laviosa legs

attack boost isn't super great on elemental bows. you really want more crit with appropriate crit boost at higher crit levels (1CB at less than 65% crit, 2CB at less than 75% crit, 3CB at 75% and higher).

Im on PC.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I've grinding to the point all I have missing left on PS4 is 3 Agitators and 1 Handicraft. I have 9 Attack Boost. Finally got my last Stamina Surge yesterday.

i still have 2 attack boosts, period

no guard up

Elendil on
  • Options

Right now I think I have

Rath helm B
    Nerg B chest
    Dober greaves
    Rath Coil
    Laviosa legs

Im on PC.

your best options then for free element are going to be some combinations of kulve waist, kulve helm, awakening charm, rath soul chest (double bonus, free elem and crit element), or kirin legs. I assume you don't have a normal shots and/or spread shots decos because that opens up your options a lot more. another option to considering the fitness charm (constitution +3) and drop nergi chest.

• Options
    i think I already am running fitness charm, but maybe divine protection.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Http://mhworld.tabletopgeeks.com/?build=13||0|0|0|0|0|0|0||78|0|0|0||75|0|0|0||80|0|0|0||72|0|0|0||25|0|0|0||28|

http://mhworld.tabletopgeeks.com/?build=13||0|0|0|0|0|0|0||30|0|0|0||77|0|0|0||26|0|0|0||72|0|0|0||59|0|0|0||28|

Some builds i put together but needed a place to remember

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    Finally got my Empress lance "ruin".. the health boost one.

I'm nigh unkillable atm. Well, behemoth still leaves me sore and never calls afterwards. Did a few tempered Nergs the other day and it felt good to use a grand total of 1 mega potion the entire fight, and that's because I dropped to below half once cause my positioning was poor. The rest of the time, poke poke poke and my health is back. Still missing a bunch of gems that would make it better, but getting there.

I'm beginning to think that atk gems don't exist, despite @Naphtali and his hoard of atk gems. I'd like some iron wall and some more streamstones, but I'm getting HBG/LBG and hammer streamstones when I need lance or dual blades or 2hs.

I really want 2 more behemoth kills (hopefully), I'm missing 4 manes and 3 ... something.. can't remember the 3 but it's whatever is under the manes for the chest piece in the craft window. Only missing helm and chest for drachen set.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    We seen this yet?

Milla Jovovich and Tony Jaa in Monster Hunter:
    oaobcdtmvhz11.jpg

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »

no guard up

That is some grade A BS, you have something like 500 hours played IIRC?

I've gotten around 3-4 Guard Ups, this deco system is just terrible.

• Options
    At this point they should just put every damn deco in the craftable section already

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Makes me glad for Gen U's charm rerolls. Throw in any 5, get back 5 of the highest drop tier.

World wouldn't be so bad if you could do that - just feed any three decos for 3 random ones from the tier 3 pool. With no items required, just trivial amounts of research points.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I finally bit the bullet and ground out a bunch more Kulve Taroths last night after putting it off for ages. Got three glimstones (who needs bracers alpha anyway?), enough tickets for all the layered armor, and a smattering of weapons. I think I missed most of the super meta stuff, but I got at least a few interesting things. Notably the R8 water sword, R8 sleep and thunder spears, some R8 guns that I have no idea if they're good or not, and the R7 Long 4 gunlance which is probably better than the Zorah one. I was really hoping for a good Wide 4 gunlance, but I only got the R6 one, which I think loses too much raw to be worth it.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Satsumomo wrote: »

no guard up

That is some grade A BS, you have something like 500 hours played IIRC?

I've gotten around 3-4 Guard Ups, this deco system is just terrible.
    about 7 hundo now

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    PC got Lunastra, one of them sneaky things where it's not on the event calendar. She's a bit more of a hassle to fight than Teostra. On the plus side, a layered armor set that I actually like!

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Hmmm, now the debate of if I pick up World on the PC, now that it is on sale. I don't think I have the drive to try to solo my way through the remaining key quests to get to G rank in GU.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Makes me glad for Gen U's charm rerolls. Throw in any 5, get back 5 of the highest drop tier.

World wouldn't be so bad if you could do that - just feed any three decos for 3 random ones from the tier 3 pool. With no items required, just trivial amounts of research points.

The other thing that could be done to fix World's deco system is adjust how the drops convert. Right now even the rarest dropped decorations (Warped, i think?) can convert into tier 5/6 decos. Which is horrifying! It'd be a lot better if you flipped it around - the most common decos have a (very rare) chance to convert into high tier stuff, and as you climb the tiers of decos, they only convert into equivalent or higher decos.

That said, i also feel like basics like Attack, Critical Eye, Artillery, etc should be easy enough to find - A lot of these are serious linchpins for builds, and their share rarity is horrid.

As much as i do not miss charm farming (at all), the deco system is still borked. (Also why the hell are streamstones divided into 7 different types? just have one category for each tier, dammit!)

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

The other thing that could be done to fix World's deco system is adjust how the drops convert. Right now even the rarest dropped decorations (Warped, i think?) can convert into tier 5/6 decos. Which is horrifying! It'd be a lot better if you flipped it around - the most common decos have a (very rare) chance to convert into high tier stuff, and as you climb the tiers of decos, they only convert into equivalent or higher decos.

That said, i also feel like basics like Attack, Critical Eye, Artillery, etc should be easy enough to find - A lot of these are serious linchpins for builds, and their share rarity is horrid.

As much as i do not miss charm farming (at all), the deco system is still borked. (Also why the hell are streamstones divided into 7 different types? just have one category for each tier, dammit!)

Oh absolutely. Compare that to the rest of the series, where attack+ is one of the easiest decos to make, even for the highest level of it (iirc the key ingredient is usually mega demondrugs). It's the crazy things like Handicraft that are a pain to make.

But really, the biggest thing that hurts decos in MHW is just how rare they are compared to charms in the rest of the series.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Klatu wrote: »
    We seen this yet?

Milla Jovovich and Tony Jaa in Monster Hunter:
    oaobcdtmvhz11.jpg

Tony Jaa’s Face has been an excellent source of memes.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I keep being surprised by people's apparent inability to just ignore the fact that the movie exists.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    I keep being surprised by people's apparent inability to just ignore the fact that the movie exists.

I suspect for a lot of us it's a frustration on a series we really love being almost guaranteed to get a shitty movie. (I mean, maybe it wont be. but starting off with REAL LIFE INVOLVING MILITARY is... nothing at all to do with the charm and joy MonHun has). It's a very hollywood way to shoot what could be a... maybe not great, but decent movie straight into being bizarrely awful.

Realistically, i'm just going to ignore it, but seeing a series that's gotten me through some truly rough times get a (probably) shitty adaption is frustrating.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    I can just console myself that the Detective Pikachu movie looks promising.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

I suspect for a lot of us it's a frustration on a series we really love being almost guaranteed to get a shitty movie. (I mean, maybe it wont be. but starting off with REAL LIFE INVOLVING MILITARY is... nothing at all to do with the charm and joy MonHun has). It's a very hollywood way to shoot what could be a... maybe not great, but decent movie straight into being bizarrely awful.

Realistically, i'm just going to ignore it, but seeing a series that's gotten me through some truly rough times get a (probably) shitty adaption is frustrating.

There was no way that a Hollywood-made, live-action Monster Hunter movie was ever not going to be shitty. Nothing is being lost here.

• Options
    edited November 2018

There was no way that a Hollywood-made, live-action Monster Hunter movie was ever not going to be shitty. Nothing is being lost here.

I feel like best case scenario is that it is a terribad movie that is so bad it's amazing

Finally was able to take down teostra last night. Kind of like my current armor setup.

Rath helm and mail beta. Dober vambrances, Rath soul coil a, and laviosah legs.

The attack boost on the helm kind of makes up for only lvl. 2 weakness exploit but stamina surge is nice for my style. I can get WE3 if i make either the Dante head or dragon king but I am working towards the kaiser arms but that drops surge. Dante head is nice skill wise but damn is it ugly.

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    So...are people still playing World on PS4? I'm logging in for the first time in months

I forgot how to play Q_Q

• Options
    Yeah, if you need some help on PS4 lemme know

• Options
  • Options
    AT Xeno is still a bit of a nightmare

I managed to take it down with my hammer with 19 seconds to spare that time. I end up wasting a lot of time with it constantly charging back and forth or the times it flies into the air

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Arch wrote: »
    .....holy shit behemoth is brutal
    is your stuff augmented

behemoth is gated at HR16 which is frankly probably too low if you're not being carried

just picked up a year of psplus so i'm able to do multi again this weekend

Elendil on
  • Options
    is your stuff augmented

behemoth is gated at HR16 which is frankly probably too low if you're not being carried

No, because i keep getting the wrong drops forever

I was able to repel him and almost beat him in a group before someone else got tackled and another person didnt hide or jump from the comet

• Options
    I've tried so many times to get my last few drops for Behemoth. I generally survive well, but people either try to use the jump to dodge the meteor or don't make it in time to cover. Behemoth is a PITA.

• Options
    if you're really desperate, run him solo and use your cat with plunderblade

he doesn't have a gem so all you need is basic parts

chances are you've got tails, horns and claws already if you've had failed runs, since you get those from breaks

• Options
    is your stuff augmented

No, because i keep getting the wrong drops forever

I was able to repel him and almost beat him in a group before someone else got tackled and another person didnt hide or jump from the comet
    i mean, can you augment armor

you don't need any super rare mats for that once you unlock the ability to augment

not a huge deal if not, but it'll help