Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[PbP] Dungeon World - Fortress of the Ur-Mage: All is Lost (Ur-Mage Victory)

18911131428

Posts

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Jolly Rogers

    The Shell made a fine bowl held upside down, and some interesting noises as Helter’s bony hand clacked against it. A stifled giggle was heard.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    “Aha! Who goes there?” Helter calls out, “Feel free to join in.”

    They continue to play as they wander among the dryads.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Durgon | 10/23HP

    Now that Lig is healed up further, Durgon takes a moment to try and heal himself as well. He had taken quite a hit from the potion and the fake-Lig, and if the blood hungry group he had allied himself with was going to keep living, he needed to stay alive.

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Cure Moderate Wounds

    Cure Moderate Wounds:
    2d6+2 9 [2d6=3, 4]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Durgon | 10/23HP

    Geth roll 2d8 for HP Gain
    Durgon gets +2 to next dmg roll

    Choosing option: You draw unwelcome attention or put yourself in a spot. The GM will tell you how.

    HP Gain:
    2d8 8 [2d8=1, 7]

  • RoshyykRoshyyk Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Krolax | L3 | Human Barbarian | HP 21/24 | AC 1 | XP 0 | DMG D10 | 22 Gold

    Krolax picks himself off of the floor and tosses a healing potion to Arngrim. "If we are to make it to the Ur-Mage, I'm going to need you alive. Take this."
    I shouldn't assume he drinks it, but I want him to lol. Can I hold it up to his lips, or come in like an airplane?


    joshgotro
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    The Ramrods

    A cloud of Arcantrik Miasma was dissipating in the room. Unfortunately, Durgon caught a snoot of it.
    You will be Sick (-1 to con mod) until you get through the next room and the next time you cast a spell, it will be replaced with another spell from the Cleric Spell List

    You can take whatever action to try and get Argrim to drink. Arngrim is free to take whatever action they want to in response.


    The Jolly Rogers

    One of the Dryads moved slightly, stone leaves rustling in the still air, gaze fixed on Hester.

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • saber_of_blacksaber_of_black Registered User regular
    The Grim Company: @Nips @LaserFowl @Rezari @SalmonMax

    Wait. Starstuff here, too? Hairline cracks formed in the paladin's icy resolve. Another 20 years of isolation. Irreparable harm. The ravages of time...

    No! This was the trial, a test of both his faith and perhaps also the validity of its tenants. Even as he pressed through the swirling galaxy, a small part of him wondered if the Hollow Knights simple logic was actually cowardice or the key to survival. Well he'd know soon enough.

    Selgith enters the queen's portal, as much pride as faith in his cold heart.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    “Hello misses,” says Helter with a theatrical bow, “Well met! Must be a terrible curse to live only in this room... if you can leave, you’re welcome to come with us. Full share and say in our proceedings, naturally!”

    “If not, speak now, that we might aid you as best we can.”

    Helter slowly puts away his sickle and leaves his hands open by their sides.

    If you’d like a roll for persuasion or at least bring about momentary peace—

    Geth roll 2d6 for Diplomacy

    Diplomacy:
    2d6 6 [2d6=5, 1]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Aw hellfire.

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Grim Company

    Selgith strode boldly into the portal, faithful to the last. He fell through the starscape, and fell, and fell.....



    The rest of the Company waited, but Selgith would never emerge
    Selgith, you have died. Please make a new character.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Egos
  • RezariRezari Registered User regular
    The Grim Company: @Nips @LaserFowl @saber_of_black @SalmonMax
    Nimue waited, and waited, and waited. She looked around nervously. "I.. I don't think he's coming back..." She sighed a little bit.

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Grim Company: @LaserFowl @saber_of_black @SalmonMax @Rezari

    As the moments pass to seconds, then pass to minutes and more, the armored bulk of the Argent Specter shifts slightly, again as if shrugging off some unseen sensation.
    "The foul magicks of the Ur-Mage look to have claimed another. Though perhaps not; the crusader Selgith is strong in will and spirit, and may return to us again.
    Regardless, we cannot tarry further, and this room grows more foul the more we linger. We have a clear door, and I suggest we use it."


    The Specter sheathes his sword, and braces his shield in his off hand as he reaches to open the door that Rat previously inspected.

    Assuming a passage lies beyond, the Specter will motion for the group to follow, then begins down the passage, unsheathing his sword once more.
    Basically, I brace for the worst upon opening the door, and if the coast is clear I reset to 'murder ready' mode.

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Grim Company - The Golem’s Lab

    The corridor stretched north, then northeast, before returning to true north briefly before another door like the one you exited. You enter the room...



    Devices line the shelves, tables and walls of this lab. A dusty scroll rack sits forlorn in a corner. Several golems are busy with various tasks. An Iron Golem stands before 2 great vats, mixing the contents and occasionally reaching in and helping to pull out a fully formed clay golem. A pair of stone golems perform rituals with items, one placing objects on a pedestal and turning them to gold, while the other changes them back from gold and removing them from the pedestal. A troop of clay golems file down a rough-hewn staircase into a mineshaft. After a few minutes, they return with precious materials which they meticulously tuck away.

    oeZhqF1.png

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    Team Ramrod

    Lig | L3 | Human - Druid | HP 20/21 | DMG D6 | AR 2 on land


    Lig stands up, his boar shape lost from losing consciousness.
    "I appreciate the healing Durgon."

    Lig turns to the shoes left by Halwyr.
    "If we keep having these losses, we won't make it to the ur mage."
    Lig gathers the shoes and pays respects to his fallen companion.

    "Can't underestimate anything in here"

    VayBJ4e.png
  • SalmonMaxSalmonMax Registered User regular
    Kestrel rubs the bridge of her nose, clamping down on her desire to demand of everyone why they were tromping through weird, magical gateways when there was a regular door, safe as houses, right in front of them. This was why she usually preferred working alone.

    Then again, finding this 'Ur Mage' was almost certainly going to be work that needed allies. Even if it was to have someone to walk through weird magic gateways instead of her.

    What a waste though.

    In the next room over she paused, watching the golems in their assembly lines for a long enough moment to feel like she'd seen the cycle all the way through.

    "Right. They won't do anything they weren't ordered to do, but there's no telling what those orders were. We should sit tight, clear the doors...Rat you may want to move quiet so as not to take the chance of attracting their notice...pick which one to try first and then see if we can cross the floor safely."

    Kestrel nodded. "If they come at us, we fall back to the gateway room, force them to come at us through the doorway so they can't surround us."

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Grim Company: @LaserFowl @saber_of_black @SalmonMax @Rezari

    The Argent Specter tenses his grip on his sword and shield, but holds position at the door. He nods his head in assent to Kestrel's plan.
    "Take care, Master Thief, but fear not; if these devil's tools move to overtake you, I will immediately be at your side."
    If something moves to make an attack on Rat, I will immediately make a move into the room to Defend.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Matev
  • zeframseezeframsee Registered User regular
    The Ramrods

    Arngrim, using his great sword to grimly heave onto his feet, eyes the warrior Krolax.

    “My thanks, but I have naught to trade thee. May my recompense be an enemy cloven in twain!”

    He downs the potion, +10 hp and full health.

  • RoshyykRoshyyk Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Krolax | L3 | Human Barbarian | HP 21/24 | AC 1 | XP 0 | DMG D10 | 22 Gold+Gold hand clutching blade

    Getting an itching feeling that there is more to this room that meets the eye, Krolax moves over to the desk that the alchemist was working on to see if there is any clues to what he was working on.

    Discern Realities

    Geth, roll 2d6 for searching the desk

    searching the desk:
    2d6 9 [2d6=3, 6]


  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    The Jolly Rogers

    The giggle causes Ravas to jump in his boots. He looked anxiously across the room to the statues, the laughing still fresh in his mind. Interrupted by the sound of the stone leaves movement, he turns to the Dryad gazing at Helter. His remains still as he watches the exchange between the two. Uncertain what kind of creatures the Ur-Mage would put in his dungeon, he found it hard to believe he would include any that were remotely benevolent.

    He tries his best to discern whether the statues ,especially the one gazing at Helter, intend to do their group harm themselves or if the part of a larger trap.

    Geth Roll 2d6+1 for Discern Realities/To Discern what the Dryad's Intent

    Discern Realities/To Discern what the Dryad's Intent:
    2d6+1 9 [2d6=4, 4]

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    should be : "or if they are part of a larger trap" at the end there.

    If I can ask a question it would be "What is about to happen?"

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Ramrods

    As Krolax looked about, only splinters and shattered detritus remained.
    The room has been thoroughly trashed by the explosion. The mystery cannot be solved and so your geas is broken.


    The Jolly Rogers

    The dryad crooked a stone finger, Helter seemed mezmerized as they stepped into the stony embrace.
    Helter is about to get acquainted with this dryad

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Egos
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    Team Ramrod

    "Hello chaps.

    The Night Fox moves from a shadow by the door of the alchemist's room.

    Anything I can help with before we're moving on?

    Fox moves to the hall leading away from the laboratory and studies the passage.

    Geth roll 2d6+3 Trap Expert

    Trap Expert:
    2d6+3 14 [2d6=6, 5]

  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Team Ramrod

    "Hello chaps.

    The Night Fox moves from a shadow by the door of the alchemist's room.

    Anything I can help with before we're moving on?

    Fox moves to the hall leading away from the laboratory and studies the passage.
    Ok
    Geth roll 2d6+3 Trap Expert

    The Night Fox
    kz8fnzbh2yt8.jpg

    RoshyykAustinP0027Virgil_Leads_YouEgos
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Ramrods
    The Nightfox is able to check the door. No locks, no traps or tricks you can see.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    Team Ramrod

    "Are we beholden here gentlemen?

    Fox moves to the door and listens for sounds on the other side.

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Ramrods

    Fox heard nothing aside from the place's persistent thrum of magic.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Durgon | 18/23 HP

    Durgon looks at the halfling who joins them. Another soul who may not make it out of this Fortress alive. At least he wasn’t an elf. “Well then. If our new halfling friend thinks it’s safe, then perhaps we need to keep moving on.”

    joshgotroVirgil_Leads_You
  • LaserFowlLaserFowl Registered User regular
    Grim Company: @Nips @Rezari @saber_of_black @SalmonMax

    Rat hasn't said anything since the disappearance of her oldest ally through one of the portals. She looked conflicted, but the others seemed to snap her head back into the game as she looked around this golem lab.

    She'd enter quietly and give the room a solid look over.

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Trap Expert with the Cautious advanced move.
    Order of my questions...depending on how well I do.
    1. Is there a trap here and if so what activates it?
    2. What does the trap do when activated?
    3. What else is hidden here?

    Trap Expert with the Cautious advanced move:
    2d6+3 11 [2d6=3, 5]

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Grim Company
    No traps that you can see, but the staircase down into the mine looks horribly unstable

    You're fairly certain given what the golems are retrieving, there must be interesting things in the mine. Some of the shelves might have things you can use as well.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    Team Ramrod

    Lig | L3 | Human - Druid | HP 20/21 | DMG D6 | AR 2 on land

    Lig a bit superstitious regarding the curse of the previous room, walks past the exploded remains of the laboratory into the next room.
    What do I see?

    "Don't touch anything of course!
    If it's too horrid, and we are able, we can just try to move on.
    2 dead for two rooms is not something I want to continue"

    VayBJ4e.png
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    The Ramrods - Tower of Summoning



    A scream pierces the air as you enter this room, but no one is present. The walls are etched with drawings of angels being cast into pits of the Underworld. On the floor, 3 basins carved out of the floor are inscribed with darkly glowing rune circles.

    p8bqaapin78b.png

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    Team Ramrod

    Lig | L3 | Human - Druid | HP 20/21 | DMG D6 | AR 2 on land


    Lig continues their lecture to the new arrival as they walk in.

    "All I'm saying is,
    If we see a granny selling baked goods,
    a hallway filled with guillotines,
    and thousands of giant spiderwebs we turn around and avoid all of it..."

    an ear piercing scream interrupts their speech.

    "Gah... I hate this place!
    Who builds a Scream Room?"

    Lig proceeds to tepidly walk along the wall and it's etchings, avoiding the ominous 3 basins a short distance.
    Lig briefly looks around the etchings to make sure there isn't a screaming gargoyle or monster about to jump at him,
    and carefully holds their shield and weapon at the ready.

    "This scene mean anything to you, Durgon?"

    Before going very far, Lig stops and looks to see if there is anything besides the basins,
    between this door and the next? (those are doors on the map yeah?)

    VayBJ4e.png
    joshgotro
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Ramrods

    The scene etched on the walls stank of the blood and ash smeared across it. As Lig stuck to the wall, he could hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth. The runes were not of any language known to him, they appeared to be abstract sigils of some kind. Nothing else appeared to be evident in the room.
    Yes, you entered from the west, and there is a door to the north

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Virgil_Leads_You
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    Man just reading bout this room is unsettling.

    VayBJ4e.png
    NipsMatevjoshgotro
  • RoshyykRoshyyk Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Krolax | L3 | Human Barbarian | HP 21/24 | AC 1 | XP 0 | DMG D10 | 22 Gold

    Krolax stands inside the room, at the entrance leading in, and checks out the basins. (Stuff easily noticeable...How deep are they? How wide are they? Is there anything inside them?)


  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    Fox moves south along the way, very slowly, looking for anything suspicious.

    "How do you cast anything with wings down? Metaphors yeah?

    Fox
    Geth roll 2d6+3 for TRAP EXPERT


    TRAP EXPERT:
    2d6+3 15 [2d6=6, 6]

    Roshyyk
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Team Ramrod | Durgon | 18/23 HP

    Durgon enters the room carefully and looks around. The selections on the wall were strange but the basins on the floor were the most interesting of all. “No one step in those. And let’s try and not attack the first thing that might appear.”

    Durgon approaches the basin the furthest to the east and looks carefully at the symbols and basin to determine if he could find a clue to its purpose.

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Discern Realities
    Questions:
    What is about to happen?
    What should I be on the lookout for?
    What here is not what it appears to be?

    Discern Realities:
    2d6+3 12 [2d6=5, 4]

    AustinP0027 on
    RoshyykVirgil_Leads_You
  • LaserFowlLaserFowl Registered User regular
    Grim Company: @Nips @Rezari @saber_of_black @SalmonMax

    Rat will try to sneak past the golems and search through the dusty scroll rack for anything of use.

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Grim Company: @LaserFoul @Rezari @saber_of_black @SalmonMax

    The Argent Specter readies himself and his gear, prepared to rush to Rat's defense if any golem makes an aggressive move.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • RezariRezari Registered User regular
    Grim Company: @LaserFoul @Nips @saber_of_black @SalmonMax
    Nimue grips her staff as well and watches the golems with the Specter.

Sign In or Register to comment.