Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[PbP] Dungeon World - Fortress of the Ur-Mage: All is Lost (Ur-Mage Victory)

191012141528

Posts

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Grim Company

    The golems seemed to pay Rat no heed. The rack was filled with dried, cracked parchments. They all had single words, there were several copies of each. They read: “AURARIUM,” “CORPO,” “RECURA,” “FINITUM,” “APPORTI,” “MORTUS,” and “PORTALIS.”


    The Ramrods

    The basins were quite shallow, no more than half a foot deep and around 10-20 feet wide . They were filled with nothing but the sigils inscribed in them.
    No traps or the like.

    The circles obviously hide secrets

    What's about to happen is up to you and depending on which circle you decide to test.
    You should be on the look out for activating the wrong circle
    Funny enough, everything here is pretty much what it says on the tin.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Grim Company: @LaserFoul @Rezari @saber_of_black @SalmonMax

    Seeing Rat quietly and without notice glide across the room, the Argent Specter straightens to his full height and places the hilt of his sword in front of the eyeslit of his helmet, intoning a short chant.
    "Pasyr ao zmy wriuzmw ikajy, qrilz py ulwuqmz, smiz oafdlyww qrasw ul ph erywylty?"
    Argent prays to the Wraiths above for guidance, and asks "What here is evil?"

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Durgon | 18/23 HP

    Durgon realizes that the basin's themselves are the key to the room, and that they need to be activated somehow. Before anyone tries anything though, the Dwarf wants to gather more information, so he starts identifying the runes that are around each basin, attempting to find a theme.
    Not sure how to word this, but trying to get more description on the runes (what are they, what do they look like)

  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    Team Ramrod

    "Whoever painted on the walls, was using blood. Maybe we just need a little more?"

    Fox moves his hand towards his dagger, pulls it out slowly, and opens his hand, "Holy man. You" ll be able to stitch me up yes?"

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Durgon | 18/23 HP

    "Aye." The Dwarf replies "But given ya just showed up, maybe don't do anything too crazy. We've lost two before ya, this place takes more than it's share."

  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Team Ramrod

    "Just showed up eh."

    Fox moves his dagger back to its sheath.

    "No rush from me holy man."

    Fox moves along the wall until he reaches the door north.

    "might as well check the exit... "

    Geth roll 2d6+3 for TRAP EXPERT with CAUTIOUS

    TRAP EXPERT with CAUTIOUS:
    2d6+3 11 [2d6=2, 6]

    joshgotro on
    Virgil_Leads_You
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Helter can’t help but be drawn to the stone dryad however they’d also like their party to intervene deep down in their soul because they have this feeling the other groups are progressing further into the fortress while their allies wait to act and besides they don’t have any genitals so in the long run this relationship just isn’t going to work because they know a healthy sex life is the bedrock of love, I mean sure it’s not everything but they don’t they have that much in common, Helter likes to travel, she is more of a homemaker, I mean come on, they don’t even know her name.

    Geth roll 2d6 for Dirty dancing

    Dirty dancing:
    2d6 4 [2d6=2, 2]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • LaserFowlLaserFowl Registered User regular
    Grim Company: @Nips @Rezari @saber_of_black @SalmonMax
    Rat pulls out the first one 'AURARIUM' and sees if she can read it after she opens the scroll. Do the golems appear to be using any of these scrolls?

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    The Grim Company

    Nothing was written on the scroll aside from the single word. The golems appeared to be acting of their own volition, but Rat noticed the golem's mouths were as slits, as if a paper could be fed into them.
    Everything is evil in this place Specter, but specifically in this room, nothing by itself is malevolent, excepting one of the vats.


    The Ramrods

    The Fox found the exit was a similar door to the others. Mithril, with a stylized M etched into it, and a knob allowing for it to open.
    No traps or tricks, nothing hidden with regards to the door, you're free to leave when you like.

    Durgon, go ahead and roll Discern Realities or Spout Lore if you want to decipher runes


    The Jolly Rogers

    The dryad pulled Helter closer, so that they could feel their bones start to crack in it's embrace.
    Jollys, might want to see about helping your friend.

    Geth roll 2d6+2 Loving and Squeezing Damage

    Loving and Squeezing Damage:
    2d6+2 13 [2d6=6, 5]

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Durgon | 18/23 HP

    Durgon peers closer at runes. They must have a meaning, and it was going to be important to the group to figure it out.

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Discern Realities

    Discern Realities:
    2d6+3 7 [2d6=1, 3]

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Ramrods
    Hrm......one of the circles is a type of Teleportation Circle, one is for summoning. You can’t tell which is which.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    @Matev
    Which vat?

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • LaserFowlLaserFowl Registered User regular
    Grim Company: @Nips @Rezari @saber_of_black @SalmonMax

    Rat takes the one labeled FINITUM and moves to the Stone Golem. She'll try to climb up it and stick the paper in its mouth slot.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Durgon | 18/23 HP

    Durgon grunts. "Well, one of these are for teleportatin' and one of these are for summonin'. Not sure which though."

    Virgil_Leads_You
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    Team Ramrod

    Lig | L3 | Human - Druid | HP 20/21 | DMG D6 | AR 2 on land


    Lig walks past the 3 basins, and with the fox's approval, opens the mythrl door to peak out the hallway.

    Map
    5u295myavqit.png

    VayBJ4e.png
    joshgotroRoshyyk
  • RoshyykRoshyyk Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Krolax | L3 | Human Barbarian | HP 21/24 | AC 1 | XP 0 | DMG D10 | 22 Gold+Gold hand clutching blade

    “With as many strange things that have happened since we’ve been here, I propose we move on and, possibly, come back to this room once we get more information.” Krolax spouts to his team. “Just know, however, my blade will always find its mark, if needed.”


    Virgil_Leads_You
  • FuselageFuselage Bantha Three ValhallaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Team Jolly Roger

    "Helter, no! Don't fear the reaper!"
    As Dunwick sings and contributes to the discussion for the first time, he attempts to heal his friend with music.
    Geth roll 2d6+2 for Arcane Art

    Geth roll 3d8 for Healing Helter if Arcane Art Works

    Arcane Art:
    2d6+2 8 [2d6=4, 2]
    Healing Helter if Arcane Art Works:
    3d8 18 [3d8=4, 7, 7]

    Fuselage on
    Endless_Serpents
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    The Grim Company

    Rat was able to slip the scroll into the golem’s mouth. It stopped moving after the scroll was ingested.
    The Northern vat Specter.

    The Ramrods - The Art Gallery




    They stepped into a long passage which featured highly reflective marble floors and walls, beautifully wrought columns of more marble set into the walls. On the walls, 6 large paintings hung in ornate frames, illuminated by torches that appear as flaming staves held by human hands. Around the corner to the North was a small alcove with an empty pedestal.

    i2quyo6r85uw.png


    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Virgil_Leads_YouEgosjoshgotro
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Grim Company: @LaserFowl @Rezari @saber_of_black @SalmonMax

    The Argent Specter moves into the room over to the scroll racks, still cautious of the active golems.
    "Well measured, Master Thief. Perhaps we should do the same to the remaining golems, and end this entire operation. Regardless it seems our path out is much clearer than we thought, so long as the golems are not otherwise disturbed."

    He gives some side-eye through his armored helm.
    "Stay clear of the vats on the left, though. There is an otherworldly foulness about them."

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Team Ramrod

    Lig | L3 | Human - Druid | HP 20/21 | DMG D6 | AR 2 on land


    Lig approaches the first torch in the hallway and examines it, and the painting next to it. for danger or value.

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Discern Realities

    Gonna start studying this room with my druidic animal senses for information beyond the surface information.
    Gonna try to avoid touching stuff though.

    What should I be on the lookout for? - bold for preference
    What here is useful or valuable to me?
    What here is not what it appears to be?

    Discern Realities:
    2d6+3 10 [2d6=6, 1]

    Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    The Ramrods
    @Virgil_Leads_You Your questions can be answered, my question would be how far down the hall do you go to examine things?

    The Jolly Rogers

    Helter’s cracks mended. Dunwick felt the gaze on another Dryad fall on him. A voice like petrified leaves pierced him to his soul.

    “Why do you travel with such a perversion of life?”

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    The Jolly Rogers

    Ravas reaches down with both his hands and grabs the handle of his hooked blades. Seeing his skeleton companion was in serious danger, he unleashed them on the dryad that was ensnaring Helter.

    A chain is seen jetting from under Ravas's arm , as he throws the first blade toward the dryad's neck. He quickly flicks his right hand is up and prepared to make a slash at the Dryad.

    Geth roll 2d6+3 for hack and slash/save our little skeleton buddy

    hack and slash/save our little skeleton buddy:
    2d6+3 10 [2d6=4, 3]

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Jolly Rogers
    Would you like to just do your damage, or damage plus an attack against you?

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    The Jolly Rogers
    considering there are other dryads around, potentially- I'll just do damage.

    I can still roll for Merciless, right? If it did anything

  • LaserFowlLaserFowl Registered User regular
    Grim Company: @Nips @Rezari @saber_of_black @SalmonMax

    Rat takes the rest of the scrolls and brings them to the Argent Specter, then offers them to him. "What should we try next?"

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Jolly Rogers
    Go right ahead. Also roll for damage

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • saber_of_blacksaber_of_black Registered User regular
    The Grim Company: @Nips @Rezari @LaserFowl @SalmonMax

    An elven jester in scarlet leathers masking golden piebald whispers with brimming bemusement, "What if we fed him one of these?"

    Still standing by the doorway, he deftly produces a golden coin in a red gloved hand with the same vibrancy as his mess of dyed red braids. "Or lend me a scroll and I'll have Skidoo here feed the next one." He thumbs to the air beside him as if intimating someone was there. There wasn't, of course.

  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    Team Ramrod

    Lig | L3 | Human - Druid | HP 20/21 | DMG D6 | AR 2 on land


    Gonna be boring and just examine the first painting.

    VayBJ4e.png
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    Team Ramrod

    "We're going to leave these basins dry?

    Fox follows Lig into the hallway.

    "Give me a moment sir."

    Motioning for Lig to move aside, Fox will very slowly examine the hallway.

    Geth roll 2d6+3 for TRAP EXPERT with CAUTIOUS

    TRAP EXPERT with CAUTIOUS:
    2d6+3 8 [2d6=3, 2]

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    The Jolly Rogers

    Ravas pulls on one blade with his left hand and rapidly strikes the dryad with the blade in his right hand
    Geth roll 1d10+1 for Damage
    Geth roll 1d4 for Merciless

    Damage:
    1d10+1 4 [1d10=3]
    Merciless:
    1d4 3 [1d4=3]

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Ramrods

    As Lig walked towards the canvas, he noticed that it was a shadowy reflection of the hall he was in. However, as he moved into view, he saw a terrifying wraith where he stood.

    As the Fox moved to examine the rest of the hall, he also noticed a wraith move across the painting as he passed in it’s view.
    Lig, you should be on the look out for the paintings in this hall.

    The wraith is useful since it seems to mimic your movements.

    The other paintings are likely not what they appear to be as well.

    Fox, (gonna you want to know about traps) this painting isn’t trapped, but it would stand to chance some of the others are. How they’re set off might be as simple as looking at them.

    The Jolly Rogers

    Ravas buried his weapons into the dryad, which let out a harsh discordant scream as it released Helter and froze with it’s arms wide. The other stone dryads quivered and rustled fearfully as the storm clouds roiled to the west.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    Team Ramrod

    Fox moves back and forth, testing the movements of the wraith. Never getting too close to the painting. Fox pulls out his short sword. Does the wraith also pull out a weapon? When I move away from the edge of the painting, does the wraith just watch me or leave the frame too?

    RoshyykAustinP0027
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Ramrods

    As Fox moved back and forth, the wraith swayed and bobbed along with him. The wraith matched his motions, pulling a black wispy sword from it's waist. As he walked off the frame, the wraith also left.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    joshgotro
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Team Ramrod | Durgon | 18/23 HP

    Given their previous room encounters, Durgon wasn't all that upset when the group pushed forward through the basin room. As Fox checked out the room ahead and was dancing with himself in some sort of mirror painting, the Cleric moved on ahead to the alcove that was just off to the left. He studied the empty pedestal closely, peering over each edge to understand why the room randomly seem to have something that looked out of place.

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Discern Realities
    What here is not what it appears to be?

    Discern Realities:
    2d6+3 7 [2d6=3, 1]

    AustinP0027 on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Ramrods
    Your question Durgon?

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I edited it into the post above

  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    Team Ramrod

    Lig | L3 | Human - Druid | HP 20/21 | DMG D6 | AR 2 on land


    Ligriv looks to try and determine why having a mimic in a painting is useful.

    Lig is looking into the painting,
    and turning around at the scene behind them, a
    nd returning to the painting,
    trying to spot any differences in reality
    The terrifying wraith, made cute by the Shadow Fox aside.

    "Oye I really get uglier everytime I look at myself.
    Least this artist took off some weight."

    VayBJ4e.png
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Ramrods

    As Durgon examined the pedestal; a thick layer of dust covered the empty pedestal, except for a four-inch diameter circle. Lig saw the wraith of Durgon in the background, peering into the alcove.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • RezariRezari Registered User regular
    he Grim Company: @Nips @saber_of_black @LaserFowl @SalmonMax
    Nimue peers back at the jester who just arrived. "I think you'd lose a coin... and potentially annoy the golems. Rat do you know what the other scrolls do? Maybe if we use enough of them we can get something of use"

  • FuselageFuselage Bantha Three ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Team Jolly Roger

    Somewhat petrified into inaction by the strange stone dryads and unfamiliar situation, Dunwick stammers.

    "I'm not here to judge if he's a perversion of life, I'm here to ensure the safety of my companions!"

Sign In or Register to comment.